Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Well my tip for bargain signing at the moment (New year in season 3) is Zakaria Labyad. I picked him up on a free transfer from PSV at some point in the first season and I've been re-training him as right winger. He's now a game away from triggering the pay rise up to 24k a week and is worth £6million with a 4 star potential.

He is a bit temperamental and is solid if not spectacular, 10 appearances, 3 goals and 6 assists. But for nowt, I think he's worth a punt.

Just won the fa cup in season 5 only 2 fa cups i have to show for it ill do 1 more season if i dont win the league ill start a new game & sign different players

Had a change of heart im gonna start a new game & change my tactics around as well no signings will come in :).Also gonna do monthly updates & try to devolp my youngsters into champions

Morning lads,

Have re-started my game as we dropped like a stone in the last third of the season going from 2nd/3rd down to sixth for what I could see was no real reason.

I've set this one up with no transfer money to start with so will have King Kenny's team to begin with.

Have got in a load of extra coaches to help out, Southampton as a feeder.

Coady, Flanagan, Suso & Wilson have gone to Southampton, I'm hoping Coady does as well in this game as he was looking in the last, looked like, in the championship at least, like a future premiership player.

Have started the season ok, two nil nils with Arsenal & Stoke both away so could be worse. Won 7-1 in the league cup at Hereford.

i have a pain in my b*ll*x hitting the post & Cross bar 4-5 times a game and drawing 0-0

i have a pain in my b*ll*x hitting the post & Cross bar 4-5 times a game and drawing 0-0

Is it from long shots ?

Is it from long shots ?

no not all. 3 out of the 5 in that game were inside the box, 2 were 1on1

Pre season 1 July

Liverpool 2 Reserves 0

Henderson,Suarez

Liverpool 1 Werder Bremen 2

Kuyt

Genk 1 Liverpool 1

Adam

Ross County 1 Liverpool 3

Carroll,Kuyt,Bellamy

Liverpool 1 Santos 4

OG

Osasuna 2 Liverpool 3

Suarez,Agger,JONES

Had a mixed month all pre seasons matchs to say

no not all. 3 out of the 5 in that game were inside the box, 2 were 1on1

What patch are you on ?

in season 3, 27 games gone, Top by 1 point from Steve Bruce's Man United. 4 points are all that separates the top 4. going to be some run in for this title.

have Sporting in the next round of the uefa Cup. Beat Fiorentina 2-1 agg. ( 0-0 FL @ H & 2-1 SL) need to get to the final of this after being dumped out of the CL in the group stages

tough draw in the quarters of the Uefa Cup. After beating Fiorentina and then Sporting i've got Lyon in the Qtrs and the winner of PSG & Arsenal in the semi's

don't know, the latest one i think. 12.4

Am still on 12.3 as am happy with my tactic plus when people were installing 12.4 they were having problems so thought I'd stick with 12.3

Won premiership and CL in season 4 with this lineup :

Adler

Walker/Kjaer/llori/Robinson

Wilshere/Javi Garcia

Henderson/Neymar/Jovetic

Cavani

Cavani stats : 64 goals in 52 games 8.18 avg rating.

Im gonna get rid off Javi Garcia, Hamsik, Adam Johnson.

My surprise signing in season 3 is Mohamed Diame from Wigan. Paid £9m for him and he is performing for me as a ball winning midfielder. I didn't scou him just looked at his stats and tool a risk!

Right, I've made it through to january, and I've got to say I'm very pleased. Maxi started off the season in the hole as Gerrard was out & was brilliant. Not been as good when he has had to come on as a sub for Stevie, as SG doesnt have the stamina he used to. Jordan Henderson & Stewart Downing have been good too. Craig Bellamy has not been very good & i'll look to sell him this month. Doni & Jones will go as well, I have a Keeper coming in on about 10% of the wages on a freebie from south america(WPall sorted)

I'm currently a close 2nd to Man U. City not really doing much apart from being the only team to beat me. I'm drawing a lot but nothing to worry about as I am doing a lot better than I thought would!

I've been given £10.5m to spend and am getting Douglas Costa for £6.5 & am selling Skrtal for £11m to AC milan. Not sure if I'll get anyone else in for now but should have about 12-15 left.

My team looks like this

Reina

Johnson/Kelly

Coates/Agger/Carra/Kelly

Enrique/Robinson

Lucas

Adams/Shelvey

Suarez/Downing

Gerrard/Maxi

Kuyt/Henderson

Carrol

ok guys need some help, is suarez best as a poacher or advanced forward? also does adam play better as a deep playmaker? im having a tough time trying to implement a successful 442 at the moment got carrol as a targetman attack and he`s doing ok but struggleing to create goals atm and letting quite a few in..

Line up is

Reina

Enrique / Carragher / Skrtel(agger) / Johnson

Lucas (bwm) Adam (dlp)

Henderson(Kuyt) / Downing(bellamy)

Suarez / Carroll

Great performance by the team today just a shame we couldn't take 3 points

Great performance by the team today just a shame we couldn't take 3 points

Absolutely, so must better than this time last year! We'll make it back to the champions league.

Had my Midseason transfer window.

Jones & Doni both left for 500k, Bellamy 1m & Ngoo 250K

Didn't get anyone else in other than Douglas Costa who has been pretty good.

Season is still going well,a lthough having drawn level with Man U, they beat me 3-2 at OT. They did then dropped points at Chelsea so all is not lost. Have about 10 games left so very happy for my first season!

just started season one after getting the game. Disabled transfer budgets in first window. three games played, two wins and one draw. Not conceded yet after changing my tactic after receiving a 3 - 0 preseason humping by boca.

He spent his entire career in Croatia and I have a Croatian scout.....

I wonder if any English scouts haven't heard of Wilshere yet :D

Just because the scout is Croatian doesn't mean he will find players from Croatia.

You need to assign to that specific country or the region it is contained in

charlie adam..anyone had any success with him? been watching him play lately and do kinda feel si were slightly harsh with how they`ve rated him, been playing him as advanced playmaker support and been getting varied results probably going to sell him next transfer window

charlie adam..anyone had any success with him? been watching him play lately and do kinda feel si were slightly harsh with how they`ve rated him, been playing him as advanced playmaker support and been getting varied results probably going to sell him next transfer window

Play him as a deep lying play maker (I use classic tactics, but it's pretty much the same role), make him unlearn "shoots from distance" (I do that for all players who have it) and he's brilliant.

just got my best result as Liverpool manager. beat Blackburn 6 - 1. Downing (2) Carroll (1) Carragher (1) Suarez (1) Olsson (og)

I'm 12 games into my first season. I'm at the top with 11 wins and 1 defeat.

My team:

Gk: Stegen (Steele)

DR: Johnson (Flanagan, Kelly)

DL: Jose Enrique (Robinson)

DC: Shawcross (Coates)

DC: Steven Taylor (Carragher, Wilson)

DMC: Cattermole (Huddlestone)

MC: Henderson (Adam, James Mccarthy)

MC: Gerrard (Shelvey)

AMR: Downing (Redmond)

AML: Scott Sinclair (Albrihton)

SC: Suarez (Agbonlahor)

Suprisingly Scott Sinclair is the best player of the team. He's a beast as an inside forward!

Hoping for a top 4 finish.

alright lads

just coming to the end of season 3. as of the 20th of April there is 29 days left in the season (last PL game is the 18th of May and i have 10 games still to play. FA Cup Semi, Uefa Cup Semi V Arsenal home & Away and 7 PL Games. i have a good run in for the PL, Currently Sitting 3rd 2 points behind City but i have 2 games in hand, united are second 1 point ahead of me and i have 1 game in hand on them but i play them in 2 games. a win there will go along way to deciding the title

Beat Blackburn 2-1 in the Fa Cup Semi after Extra Time. which i didn't need. Play sunderland in the Final

Have Wolves in the pl 2 days later and Arsenal in the first Leg of the Uefa Cup Semis 2 days later and the Manc's 2 days after that in what could be a title decider. i get 3 Days between games then!

ok guys everytime i try to make a tactic im getting beaten quite convincinly, i`ve been trying to get a good 4-4-2 going but to no luck... so far i`ve been trying

Reina

Johnson Agger Carragher Enrique

Gerrard (apl(a)) or Adam (dlp(s) + Levia (bmm (d)

Kuyt/Henderson Downing/Bellamy

Suarez (advf (a)) + Carroll (tm(a)

Anyone got any help they can offer me im really struggleing to get any system going at the mo :/

ok guys everytime i try to make a tactic im getting beaten quite convincinly, i`ve been trying to get a good 4-4-2 going but to no luck... so far i`ve been trying

Reina

Johnson Agger Carragher Enrique

Gerrard (apl(a)) or Adam (dlp(s) + Levia (bmm (d)

Kuyt/Henderson Downing/Bellamy

Suarez (advf (a)) + Carroll (tm(a)

Anyone got any help they can offer me im really struggleing to get any system going at the mo :/

Ive had a lot of success with a 4-2-3-1

the 2 full backs for me are onsupport with both central defenders set to defend, 2 Central midfielders the right is Ball Winning midfielder on defend and the left is Deep lying Playmaker support. AMR and AML are both wingers on support, AMC is Attacking midfielder support and the striker rotates between Target Man Attack, Advanced Forward Attack and Poacher Attack.

When your building your tactics, you are giving the team time to get used to them right? Waiting until the levels on familiarity are all on fluid?

Last game i played last night was a 2-0 loss to arsenal away in the first leg of the Uefa Semi final. Fisture pile up is starting to take effect. that was the 4th game in 8 days and the highest fitness level on any starter was 92%, starting to get a few injuries as well. think i will have to look into the reserves and U18's for the few youths i brought in to just add a bit of cover to the subs bench.

Next match up is United which will have a massive effect on the title. Win and i think it could be mine but if united win then i'll struggle to win it with the number of games i have left.

Already have plans made for the summer transfers. Have wilshire signed for 7m and a couple of regens coming in (1 striker who can be better than Neymar & Suarez) Think i might be letting Johnson & Kelly go in the summer (kelly is injured too much) and i may Sell Enrique. Targeting Kyle WAlker & Gareth Bale to replce them as starting fullbacks.

thats all i need for the summer but will find it tough deciding who to sell. Stevie is at the end of his career and will becoming a player coach this summer as will Carra.

players that will be available this summer have * beside their name

Squad

Pepe, Smithies

Johnson*, Vrsaljko, Kelly*

Enrique*, Robinson

Agger*, Kjaer, Coates, Wilson, Lutz(RG)

M'vila, Priso(RG), Poli

Stevie, Badelj*, Cigreci, Eriksen, Gogna(RG)

Lucas Moura, Adam Johnson, Suso

Hazard, Lamela

Neymar, Suarez, Costa(RG)*

Have a few Regens coming in that i have high hopes for and a few already in the U18's and reserves. Both teams are top of their leagues which is a good sign. nearly all the U18's play for the reserves

I'm 12 games into my first season. I'm at the top with 11 wins and 1 defeat.

My team:

Gk: Stegen (Steele)

DR: Johnson (Flanagan, Kelly)

DL: Jose Enrique (Robinson)

DC: Shawcross (Coates)

DC: Steven Taylor (Carragher, Wilson)

DMC: Cattermole (Huddlestone)

MC: Henderson (Adam, James Mccarthy)

MC: Gerrard (Shelvey)

AMR: Downing (Redmond)

AML: Scott Sinclair (Albrihton)

SC: Suarez (Agbonlahor)

Suprisingly Scott Sinclair is the best player of the team. He's a beast as an inside forward!

Hoping for a top 4 finish.

Thats some team for so early in the game. What transfers have you made?

Liverpool vs Manchester utd, my most difficult fixture. Thanks to my defence of Agger and Coates, they didn't get a look in and a single goal from Downing was enough to seal the win. 1-0 thank you Stewart Downing!

Hi lads loading up my save in pre season 1

I am just doing the same thing, only played the one game so far against the reserves.

There seems to be a lot of restarting :eek: I have wanted to for a season or 2 but i don't want to lose all my quality regens. Found Steven Gerrard natural successor who will be arriving in january from inter although had to fork out 20 million for him. Will get some screenshots up soon.

EDIT: Here he is with 2 others im also signing.

GiuseppePerettiOverview_Profile.png

AndrsDonelliOverview_Profile.png

JomarOverview_Profile.png

Played the 1st 2 league games drew 0-0 with Man city at home then beat the gunners 3-2 away Maxi scored the winner :p

Just wondering does Suso live up to his potential as you progress through the game? Or is it better cashing in on him early on?

How do people get rid of Skertal? Just keep offering to clubs??

August update.

After an unbeaten run in pre season the EPL finally gets underway.

EPL - Vs Blackburn - 3-0 (W)

LC - Vs Peterbrough - 4-2 (W)

EPL - Vs Chelsea - 1-2 (L)

Fielded a team full of youngsters in the League Cup match against Peterbrough. Had to bring on Hendo, Maxi and Bellamy as we were 0-2 down with 30 mins left.

Drogba scored the winning goal for Chelsea in the 93rd min.

had another fine result as liverpool boss. I beat Everton 4 - 1. Suarez (1) Skrtel (1) Carroll (1) Bellamy (1) were the scorers.