Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

He started the game at christmas last year rather than in summer so that Carroll could be tutored by Kuyt. His professionalism in game is very low so to get him to progress he needs tutoring badly.

It's not just that.

That just makes him train better.

I just play him to all his strengths (Aerial Ability and Strength), and compensate for his weaknesses (dribbling, long shots).

You can get any decent player to perform as long as you observe how he does in the game with different instructions.

Lost the title on the final day on goal difference by 1. Was 3-0 up at home to Chelsea and set to win the title on goals scored then conceded a silly late goal :(:(:(

Lost the title on the final day on goal difference by 1. Was 3-0 up at home to Chelsea and set to win the title on goals scored then conceded a silly late goal :(:(:(

That is so unlucky!

A little unlucky but we shipped way too many goals over the season. I'm gonna have a look at my defensive setup on corners for next season.

Leave more people forward. That forces their defenders, usually the tall blokes, to stay back.

For whoever it was that asked.

romariot.png

I overpaid but on my save there is a serious lack of decent rightbacks. He has done ok and the assists he got are encouraging.

Season 5 review

prems5.png

Again failed to defend the title but did manage to win the FA Cup, beating Man U 4-3 aet.

Kelly wants to leave for a new challenge so will be sold over the summer. Sturridge and Adam Johnson both started complaining about lack of first team football. Sturridge is off to City and I'm still trying to shift Johnson.

I'm still not happy with my options at CM so will be chasing Ramsey once more and will need to sign a striker to replace Sturridge.

Gotze impressed at AML and Douglas Costa was outstanding at AMR. Damiao was on fire until spring when he went 15 hours without scoring, in the end this was probably a pretty big factor in not winning the title. While he was out of form Paloschi was injured and Sturridge unhappy so I had little choice but to keep flogging Damiao.

gotzes5.png

costas5.png

damiaos5.png

Season 1 finished

League 4th but only the europa league for me, chelsea won the champions league 1-0 in the 90th minute,

beat scum 2-1 in the fa cup final,

on to season 2 it is

Season 1 finished

League 4th but only the europa league for me, chelsea won the champions league 1-0 in the 90th minute,

beat scum 2-1 in the fa cup final,

on to season 2 it is

you didn't get sacked for finishing 4th?

I f*cking did!! :mad:

Started again. Playing a 4-2-3-1. No signings and second game of the season i got crucial away win against city.

Just lost 4-0 to Barcelona in my group stage of the champions league 1st game only though

Signed Necid to plug a gap upfront but I regret it already, would have been better off signing a striker that can also play on the wing.

Scouts are saying Shaqiri is available for about 12m and Hazard for about 25m, and apparently Ozil has some interest in signing if I don't mind paying silly money. I've let 4 attacking players leave so need to sign at least one.

Arsenal still won't budge on Ramsey. Might go for Witsel instead has anybody signed him on fm12?

Signed Necid to plug a gap upfront but I regret it already, would have been better off signing a striker that can also play on the wing.

Scouts are saying Shaqiri is available for about 12m and Hazard for about 25m, and apparently Ozil has some interest in signing if I don't mind paying silly money. I've let 4 attacking players leave so need to sign at least one.

Arsenal still won't budge on Ramsey. Might go for Witsel instead has anybody signed him on fm12?

I haven't bought him yet, had scouting reports for 7 games already in season 2 and they have come back with a 3.5 stars current ability and 4.5 stars potential. I think I will try to sign in

Summer

you didn't get sacked for finishing 4th?

I f*cking did!! :mad:

no, i was second till the last 5 games, then injuries and red cards i managed to slip down to 4th

Finally finished season 1, so here is the summary.

Finished 3rd in the league (on same points as 2nd placed Arsenal, but they had a better goal difference) and won the league cup. my job is now insecure! unfair, but at least i havent been sacked yet.

At the end of the season have managed to sell Aqualani, Bellamy, Maxi, Doni, Spearing and Shelvey for a combined £19 million. no one take Joe Cole even for 1 million. might have to offer him a mutual termination to get him off the wage book.

At the start of season 1 i replaced Skrtl with Shawcross who performed very well. i also bought in Emre Can for peanuts to back up Lucas and Mbaye Niang who chipped in with 10 goals at the age of 17. He will get more games this season along with Sterling and Suso.

At the end of season one i have now bought in Eden Hazard (about £30 million), Lavezzi (about £20 million for right midfield) and Asamoah (looks like he will be awesome at centre mid. also got Songago on a free.

might sell Agger and Charlie Adam to help balance the books a bit, but like the look of my squad for season 2.

how much to people get for Agger and Charlie Adam? and anyone manage to get rid of Joe Cole?!

no, i was second till the last 5 games, then injuries and red cards i managed to slip down to 4th

and you won the FA cup as well. winning a trophy and finishing in the top 4 (you need to stay in the title race) and you'll easily stay in the job.

4th and not challenging for 1st will see you sacked.

its easier afte season 1

Season 2

Made quite a few changes to the team, i sold Adam £13m,Glen johnson £18m,Maxi £6.5m, Agger £22.5m, Spearing £2.5m, Bellamy £1.5m and doni £1.8m. Cant get rid of cole or aquaman! I signed Kyle Walker £3.7m,sanogo and paloschi on free's, Cheick tiote £9m, lucas andersen £2.2m and radja nainggolan for £13.75m

Playing 4-2-2-2 this season

Gk Reina

Dr Walker/Flanagan

Dl Enrique/Robinson

Dc Kelly/Coates/Wilson/Carra

Mc Lucas/Nainggolan/Tiote/Shelvey

Amr Henderson/Kuyt

Aml Gerrard/Downing

St Suarez/Paloschi/Carroll/Pacheco/Sanogo

it sounds as though tutoring is an important aspect of 2012 (not really bothered much with it before tbh)

can someone explain it a little for me pls.....?

what makes a good tutor?

who can you tutor (below a certain age?)

thanks

United got Witsel in my game.

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Could some of you tactical geniouses PM me with a working Liverpool tactic please? Obviously I suck big time at this game now. Had great success with both 4-4-2 and 4-1-2-2-1 in FM10 and FM11 but I cannot get my defence to work or my strikers to score anymore...

It's frustrating :(

Guys who still has Raheem Sterling in their team?

Does he improve? for me he god awful

He's 20 years old and his stats haven't improved much or at all

raheemsterlingreportsco.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i can't even sell him for his 3.5 plus only 2.4k wages :(

Guys who still has Raheem Sterling in their team?

Does he improve? for me he god awful

He's 20 years old and his stats haven't improved much or at all

raheemsterlingreportsco.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i can't even sell him for his 3.5 plus only 2.4k wages :(

If you don't play him or loan him somewhere he will play, he will not grow.

I’ve finally gotten around to playing FM2012 and starting a career with Liverpool.

Just finished my first Premier league game against Blackburn at home and we won 5-0. Henderson scored 4 and Carragher the other. Adam also provided 3 assists, both players average over 9 with Henderson making 9.9

Transfer budget is obviously a little tight at the start, and after I’ve terminated most staff and brought in my own, not much left in the kitty.

Players Sold: Aurelio (2m – Palermo), Skrtel (10m – Juventus), Kuyt (8.75M – PSG), Suso (2.2M – Juventus), Rodriguez (4.3M – PSG). Rodriguez was difficult to sell and eventually sold him in August with around 1M compensation.

Real Madrid are sniffing around Jack Robinson and Inter are watching Lucas (I’m sure he looks better on this version of FM).

Players Bought: Ryan Shawcross (14M), Douglas Costa (10.5M), Yaya Sanogo (2.3M), Alphonse Areola (5.75M)

Tried to get Tom Huddlestone for 14M, but couldn’t agree personal terms.

I usually buy Alex Smithies for the goalkeeper, but he is out injured until November. Also, for some reason Sanogo is unavailable until October, suffering from an undisclosed injury, interesting the board allowed the transfer to go through.

In the Carling Cup I’ve been drawn to Stevenage away (they knocked out Cardiff in the previous round), which is nice as they were my local team once when living in WGC.

I play Arsenal at home in my next league game.

The tactics I’ve started with are 4-2-3-1 (already set up when I went to tactic screen)

I usually try to get Ganso or Pastore, but didn’t have the 24M for Ganso and Man City have bought him now. Hopefully I’ll have the budget for Pastore in season 2, however there are some good attacking players around at the moment and I probably need someone more like Yann M’Vila anyway.

Finished season 2 and now in pre season for season 3.

I finished 2nd again 4 points behind Chelsea this time. Had a good season all round. Quarters of league cup, 5th round of fa cup, knock out stages of cl. In the cl I topped my group, but then drew Real Madrid. I lost on penalties 4-5.

My team for season 3 is:

Gk: Reina, Branescu

Dr: Kelly, Flanaghan

Dl: Enrique, Robinson

Dc: Coates, Wilson, Vertoghen, Olio (at work can't remember)

Cm: Bender, Leiva, Gerrard, Henderson

Am: Aquilani (awesome), Eriksen

Aml: Rodriguez, Willian

Amr: Tee Hee, Cavani, Antonio Beuno

S: Suarez (37 goals last season), Rondon and Paloschi.

Still playing 4-2-3-1. Balanced, attacking and on counter attack at home. If playing big team I play balanced, counter.

In Season 3 and had a disaster in the CL. got knocked out at the group stage, Finished 3rd and into the Uefa Cup. Gutted over it. Lost the first 2 games against Real Madrid & Juve and then Beat AZ twice to get back into it. Had a massive win against Juve to go into 2nd in the group but Madrid beat me 1-0 away (i hate Iker!!) and Juve won their game to finish second.

dissapointing as i have a squad capable of winning the comp. might need to add to the CM position to make that a bit stronger for season 4.

up to the 25th of Dec now and top of the PL ahead of City by 3 points. good chance of retaining the title if i keep my form going.

CUP Comps

LC semi Final Against Man U

FA Cup have Stevenage in the first game

Uefa Cup got Fiorentina in the draw

Nearly January in second season sitting 3rd atm, just agreed to sign pedro for £12.5m, managed to get gerrard down to 80k a week and carragher to 48k, still can not get rid of cole or aquilani, hopefully be able to ship downing off and thinking of selling carroll

also going too look at selling reina and getting a cheaper younger keeper

There seems to be a lack of talent at right and left backs. Anybody had any successes? I seem to be looking at decent 21/22 year olds but would cost me £15m. Not paying that so I have stuck with Kelly and Flanaghan at rb and Enrique and Robinson at lb.

There seems to be a lack of talent at right and left backs. Anybody had any successes? I seem to be looking at decent 21/22 year olds but would cost me £15m. Not paying that so I have stuck with Kelly and Flanaghan at rb and Enrique and Robinson at lb.

Kyle Walker at Spurs is solid as a RB. Nika Kvekverskiri can develop into a good one also.

LB is harder I've found but Marc Muniesa can be got cheaply sometimes and he could develop well.

Romario! Brazilan RB is quality

Nearly January in second season sitting 3rd atm, just agreed to sign pedro for £12.5m, managed to get gerrard down to 80k a week and carragher to 48k, still can not get rid of cole or aquilani, hopefully be able to ship downing off and thinking of selling carroll

also going too look at selling reina and getting a cheaper younger keeper

Never sell Pepe, He's your captain after a couple of seasons and best GK in the game IMO. can kep going until he's 35+

any help on getting rid of joe cole and aquilani? can not sell them for 0

Managed to get rid of Aquaman for £4m to AC Milan start of Season II. Couldnt get rid of Cole if I offered him free with a sloppy kiss and a cigarette. No-one wants him. :(

There's also Cesar Azplilicueta from Marseille.