FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What more does he have to do to get a 10?

UNJMl.png

One more goal woulda done it for sure, I've only ever managed one perfect 10 on football manager and that was with neymar in fm11 with 4 goals 3assists, bought him at the start of the second season and absolutely ripped the premier league a new one :)

I still have Dirk, bless him. Ace for tutoring, still delivering the goods and taking progressive wage cuts the older he gets.

My wages are "down" to 1.4mil a week out of a budget of 1.9. The squad is a bit bloated at the moment, I'd still call it a work in progress right now and I have far too many midfielders, some of them still on extravagant wages, but Gerrard and Kuyt will probably be retiring soon. The squad, excluding U-18s (10 of them) is 34 players and could do with losing 2-3 more people who are already earmarked for going out of the door. They won't cut the wage bill much.

M'villa is my top earner on 125k followed by the old squad (6 players) on between 98-80k then it drops sharply to Luis on 60k. Half the squad are on less than £30k a week. Age obviously plays a big part in that and I do expect the wage bill to go up significantly as my young stars, hopefully, deliver the goods.

I won't claim to be able to get a bargain in terms of transfer fees necessarily, but I'm with Wenger when it comes to paying footballers £100k+ a week just because everyone else is doing it and I've lost out on really good players because I won't give a guy on £55 a week £45k to come to Liverpool.

Ok, that has to go up on you tube.... once I figure out how to.

If it wasn't 1:30 and the Mrs wasn't asleep you'd probably have heard the "W..T..F.." from wherever you happen to be. Never ever seen that before in the 3D match engine :D

[video=youtube;U_BZ2TArBLU]

Xabi who? :D

Wow, the board and the fans really hate Torres.

2 starts, 4 sub appearances, 4 goals, 2 assists. Cost me £13million for a player rated at £1.7 when I bought him granted and he's on £40k a week. Leeds used to pay their U18s more than that!

Funny that, the last game has turned the fans opinion around from "What a donkey" to "ooooh."

Coates is a monster.

Finally got through season 1 and kept my job. I finished 2nd after 5 straight wins at the end of the season.

Legue cup went out in 5th round to man city. Not bothered about this as i blooded a few youngsters.

Fa cup ended up back in the trophy cabinet. I had an extraordinary run in this. 5th roundhead to be beat Chelsea, QF had to beat Man City after a reply, SF had to be Manchester United, thank god it was only Portsmouth in Final as I hadto play 3 games in 5 days. Beat them 2-0 after a motivational speech at half time.

Top scorer: Suarez 27 goals

Top assists: Henderson 20 + 12 goals

Player of year: Coates 7.57

Signing of year: Christian Rodriguez £425k 20 apps, 6 goals and 12 assists. Bought in Jan from Porto. 2nd best signing according to the league.

Just sorting transfers out, got rid of Johnson for £12m, Adam £6.75m upfront, Carrol loan fee of £2m future fee of £6m 70% wages. Trying to offload Cole, Doni, Aqua.

Ins: trying not to pay over the odds. Eriksen from Ajax for £7m, Cristieg for free, Paloshi free, Bertolacci free. I am concerned I have brought in too many younger players. I will be trying for one big ish signing, but not sure whether to strengthen defence or attack.

Keep you updated. Good luck in saves 

Season 3 review

League:2nd

Fa cup:won

Carling cup;R/u

Champions league:q/f

won my 1st trophy vould had the treble now gonna plan ahead for season 4 :)

Well done mate

bUbxu.png

One nil!

The Counter strategy keeps bringing in big wins.

3WDdj.png

:thup:

Season 3 review

League:2nd

Fa cup:won

Carling cup;R/u

Champions league:q/f

won my 1st trophy vould had the treble now gonna plan ahead for season 4 :)

Good season there mate. the flu obviously helped you get through a good bit of the game :)

wont get on mine much for the next few days, already getting fm withdrawels as i only had a half hour on the game yesterday

Managed to do 2 matches last night

Beat West Brom 5-1 away in the PL. was 1 down at half time and gave them a bolloc*ing and we came out and smashed them

Then played Southampton in the LC and just about won 3-1 aet. was 1-1 in the game. we had 45 shots in total & 20 odd on target to southampton's 5 shots & 1 on target!!!

Luck vs Skill mate, luck vs skill ...

I will admit that when it happened I nearly had a fit, given the number of times players in fm11, under no pressure simply hoofed the ball away (I couldn't see their goal mouth). It could only have been better if it had been against everton :D

Area to improve in squad?

Goalkeepers: Reina, Branescu

Full backs: Enrique, Kelly, Robinson, Flanaghan, Moha (regen).

Centre backs: Carra, Coates, Wilson, Kelly

Midfield: Gerrard, Lucas, Lars Bender, Suso,

Attacking mid: Henderson, erickson, aqua (was going to get shut

But performed well in pre season)

Wingers: Willian, Rodriguez, Downing, Bueno (not the one we get in June)

Strikers: Suarez, Bueno and Paloschi plus still got Kuyt.

I am playing 4-2-3-1.

I have Cristieg, Lucas Anderson and other good youngers as back up.

Any pointers?

Cole is a pain to get rid of. Someone else mentioned that they'd got him to accept a mutual termination and I also managed to get him to accept, for 0 cost. It's a bit of a convoluted process, but if you continue to upset him, offer him for transfer and offer contract termination whenever it's available then he does eventually accept.

Henderson I had to beat suitors off with a stick when I offered him up at £6.5 million so not sure what to suggest on that front.

I don't buy players 25 years or older unless it's exceptional circumstances do all my scouts are set to report on u21s only. I sacked every scout with a potential ability rating of under 15 and have Paul Johnson and a new guy whose name I forget as my chief scouts to follow up agent shouts etc. turned up a couple of gems so far, but there is a lot of haystack and not many needles!

If my scouts or coaches rate a player with 2.5 stars or more then my chief scouts watch him for three games. I think you can get bogged down in star ratings, I perhaps did when I moved dodo on. His performances were fine, his stats suited my tactic but he wasn't a 4* potential so I sold him.

My u-18s is a tiny squad of potentially quality players, I release any player with less than 2* potential, especially if they have low determination so that those who have a chance to make it get plenty of games.

A feeder club is also helpful, I cocked up and chose Crewe out of sentimentality, but they got relegated, I really need to find a ch or l1 club to send my kiddies to though genk is always an option.

I guess the short version is, if you want quality regents, set your scouting and youth team up specifically to find and develop them.

Which do people feel is a better fit for Left-Midfield (proper left-mid in 4-4-2) - Bale or Hazard?

I've a 60M offer for Bale accepted, Hazard for 51M. They want similar wages.

In a rigid 442 bale might work out better but Hazard is better, can play in more positions and means you can change formation in game

I went for Bale, this is start of 3rd season which is why the prices are higher than perhaps might normally be the case btw. I have Douglas Costa operating as LM and decided that Hazard was too similar, Bale might offer something different and I can switch Costa to RM

I still Cezar still bombarding us with Pictures. No wonder this page took an age to load :mad:

Evening guys, just about to start up.

Level on points with City who lead after 23 games (51 points), but I have a game in hand.

Only signed Vitória RB/WBR, Romário, in January. Shipped out to Genk.

Spent £45million at the beginning of the season on Christian Eriksen (£9mil) Nicolás Gaitán (£15.25mil) and Yann M'Vila (£28mil - I know, I know)

So, should get to the end of the season by the end of tonight.

Did the board accept it ?

I did.

His Natural fitness is 7 (random at the start of the game) so he won't be as reliable if I need him to be first choice.

Skrtel also just came back from an injury, so with Agger, Carra, Wilson, Kelly and him I have plenty of cover.

Also, I expect Wilson and Kelly to be better in the long run, Coates only has his height, everything else is average.

Archived