Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Alright guys, aint been playing much lately but gonna start to play again.

Finished 3rd first season and so I've sold pretty much all the fringe players (Adam etc) and brought in Hazard and Doumbia (was priced out of Cavani and Damaio) as I also needed another defender so I brought in Dede (I've always wanted to buy him!) and brought in Casemiro who instantly became a wonderkid to be a back up to Lucas and he looks the part so far. Still trying to get rid of Carroll and Skrtel though, but no one wants them so they may have to rot in reserves for now.

Has anyone noticed that Suarez is quite unprofessional? I'd probably sell him if he wasn't so good as he's quite a disruptive presence at times. He reacts badly to criticism and is usually trouble at team meetings. He's also a bad trainer.

I've found that Suarez is alright in my save, the heartbeat of the squad now. Carroll is the trouble-maker. Plays like crap, goes to bits if he misses a couple of chances, then sulks when I criticize him.

He's gone to the press twice already this season, first saying that he's lost confidence in my ability and requested to be transfer-listed. Then saying I'm bad at team-talks.

Like him irl but he's a real nuisance in the game. Seriously considering selling him at the end of the season.

Hi everyone, just finished my 3rd season and I'm trying to negotiate with Gerrard to lower his wage due to his advanced age (he's 34 in my save and earning 120k a week), but he simply refuses to accept anything lower than 140k, even after adding in several bonuses and clauses in his favour. Can anyone advise me on how to successfully get him to agree to a pay cut? Thanks so much!

Carroll put in a transfer request after speaking to me. Turned down as I need him at least till Jan. Has he come good in anyones games?

I like to think this is really good for Carroll

AndyCarrollOverview_Profile.png

Hi everyone, just finished my 3rd season and I'm trying to negotiate with Gerrard to lower his wage due to his advanced age (he's 34 in my save and earning 120k a week), but he simply refuses to accept anything lower than 140k, even after adding in several bonuses and clauses in his favour. Can anyone advise me on how to successfully get him to agree to a pay cut? Thanks so much!

Have a private chat with him and recommend that become a coach, if he ask if you want him to start straight away? Then say yes and he will the staff attributes panel, within a month or two he will leave his agent should able slightly reduce his wage. He's 33 on my save and I've got him down to 105k a week plus he's got good coaching stats which was a bonus for me :)

Name a good backup keeper for 2nd season onwards?

Reina is first choice, have sold Doni and Jones and have Butland but want to send him on loan for the season to improve him.

I'm looking at Stegen but they want 12mill+ and i think its too expensive for a backup.

adler on a free?

backup keeper isnt usually a really important one as they are really only used in case of injury....

see who's on the transfer list .. look for experienced old heads to come in .. they'll happily sit on the bench and can come in and do a job if needed..

Going to load up my old LFC save, coming towards the end of my 4th season. 3rd place but only 2 points behind top (4 games to go) & semi-finals for the Champions League against Lyon.

Not a good start to this... Drew 1-1 with Everton, slipped further behind 1st, drew 1-1 with Lyon at H in the CL, and then lost 7-1 (!!!!) to top of the league Chelsea with you know bloody who scoring 5 (5, for Christ's sake!!!). Struggling for 4th now, and in a real tough game next, 2nd leg vs Lyon- wish me luck!

Beat Lyon 1-4 A though, so in the CL final vs. Porto, that's a pick me up :)

Hmm.. Next up Manchester United @ H. They're 2nd 4 points behind Chelsea, with 2 games to go. So, I can stop them from winning the league but would have to then hand it to Chelsea, talk about bitter-sweet!!

Champions League Final (2014/15)

VS. Porto at The Millennium Stadium

[video=youtube;1mahotdIMPQ]

Season 3 review

League 2nd

Fa cup won

Carling cup 3rd rd

Euro supercup won

Did win 2 trophies gutted about the league should have won it but 2 many draws in the end cost me least im back in the champions league

Liverpool Football Club 2014 / 15, Season: Four in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

lgek.jpg

I was in with a shout of winning it with 34 games played, but I dropped off horrendously, not a good enough squad I guess to compete in both latter European stages and the run-in for the title!

Leeds (1), QPR (2) & Sunderland (PO) promoted into the league

Transfers

trnf.jpg

Season Best XI

sxip.jpg

Squad Analysis

anaen.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2014 / 15, Season: Four in Pictures (Part: Two, Player Performance)

Player of the Season

srzb.jpg

28 goals (23 in the league), 17 assists and an AV RAT of 7.36, his best season so far for me. My advice, use him as your No9- poacher, advanced fwd etc. Won this award for me last season too.

Previous Winners:

2014: Luis Suárez: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7777716&viewfull=1#post7777716

2013: Sebastián Coates: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7748057&viewfull=1#post7748057

2012: Andy Carroll: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Young Player of the Season

ongq.jpg

Ever since my scouts first brought him to me, he just looked as though he had everything about him to be a great little poacher. He’s really starting to fufill that potential for me now, I have just worked a bit on some of his weaker aspects and given him lots of cup games, we’ll see if he’s got much more development left in his tank, but if he does then I could have a real play on my hands.

Previous Winners:

2014: Jack Robinson: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7777716&viewfull=1#post7777716

2013: Gerard Deulofeu: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7748057&viewfull=1#post7748057

2012: Gerard Deulofeu: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Player Records: Season

srec.jpg

Player Records: Modern Era

precm.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2014 / 15, Season: Four in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

trecs.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

trecm.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxiy.jpg

Finances

finqd.jpg

Club Value: £198m (£41m Debt)

Trophy Haul

Premier League: 2014

League Cup: 2012, 2013

Community Shield: 2014

Champions League: 2013, 2015

Club World Championship: 2013

Euro Super Cup: 2013

Manager of the Year: 2014

Make him a coach and you can get him on £10k a week

Wow I haven't played this is months, had to finish my final year in Uni, do my 10,000 dissertation, exams and now looking for a new job. I turned it on the other day and as soon as I tried to save my game after a few months the power in my house went, leaving me unable to load the ******* save file up. From what I can remember I was in 2014/2015, just had the stadium expanded by 5000+ seats, and had won 3-4 leagues and the champions league 2, with a bank balance of 300m+ thanks to selling on players for a lot of mostly buying kids.

Not the first time something like this has happened either, I doubt I'll be starting a new Liverpool game anytime soon :mad:

Have a private chat with him and recommend that become a coach, if he ask if you want him to start straight away? Then say yes and he will the staff attributes panel, within a month or two he will leave his agent should able slightly reduce his wage. He's 33 on my save and I've got him down to 105k a week plus he's got good coaching stats which was a bonus for me :)

I have got him to be a coach already, so maybe my negotiating skills weren't good enough. Thanks, will give it another shot!

Make him a coach and you can get him on £10k a week

Wow. How did you get him to agree to that? How much clauses and bonuses did you include?

I have got him to be a coach already, so maybe my negotiating skills weren't good enough. Thanks, will give it another shot!

Wow. How did you get him to agree to that? How much clauses and bonuses did you include?

I just kept offering him a coaching role during the last year of his contract, he kept saying no and around the Feb he asked for a coaching contract at Liverpool for 10k a week. I didn't offer him any bonuses

I replaced Reina with Adler on a free in the second season and he did much better than Reina. He won the Golden Gloves and Reina wasn't even in the top 3. Adler is a little weak in the air but Focus training on Aerial Ability, Strength and Balance eliminates this weakness. His wages are also a third of Reina's.

Has anyone managed to develop Deulofeu into a well-rounded player? He's slowly developing in my game. His passing is still only 12 but his 20 Flair means he creates a lot of opportunities. His determination is now 18 after being tutored by Gerrard. I'm also increasing his stamina and strength.

@Dangerpuss: Deulofeu has developed brilliantly for me, he's an absolutly hey player for me now in the 5th season.

Do you guys sign older experienced players on a free just to tutor the young'uns? Bringing in some older ones like Petit etc with really high determination for the sole purpose of being tutors.

Nope, I only sign players of 18 years of age and under. I also try and sell players when (or a bit before) they hit 30, maximize profits.

Haha I go both ways, either really old or really young. Old ones mainly to tutor then become coaches.

Van Der Vaart for 5m, Adam Johnson for 5m. What do you guys think? Go or no?

Johnson is a good buy, I never had any experience with Van Der Vaart!

Don't think I will go with Johnson. His teamwork and work rate are way too low for my style of play.

Steve Clarke has imitated life and has left to become a manager! This time it's Fulham. Looking for a new Assman now, considered Valter Di Salvo but he's not interested. Might go for Sidnei Lobo, Brazil's assman.

When is it likely the board will decide to build a new stadium? I am in the 2017/18 season have won the PL 3 times on the trot and 4 times altogether, CL once and FA/league cup a handful of times. I've got the club up to 6th in the Rich Club rankings with an estimated value of £370m and the clubs finances started at £160m in the black at the start of the season and the financial status of the club is rich. Anybody have any experience and do you think if I requested a stadium whether it'd be granted and/or safe for me to do with the current finances?

Won the FA cup in my first season and finished 5th comfortably after a horrible start.

In the transfer window now and shipped out some deadwood. Downing, Kuyt, Maxi, Doni all gone for small sums. Nobody seems to want Joe Cole even for free. And he's taking up 80k per week. Aquilani turned down the chance to join Milan the git.

Absolutely rueing 2 chances I've had this transfer window. First up was Cavani, I declared interest and unsettled him. Napoli wanted 27m and I tried to bargain for 23, then 25. All of a sudden, he was happy playing for Napoli again and now they want 40m. Should've taken the 27m in the first place considering my budget was 33m. Gone for Leandro Damiao now, cheaper option for 20m.

2ndly was Eden Hazard who's put in a transfer request. Same thing. They wanted 15m, I wanted to pay 13m. After 1 round of negotiation, Milan came in with 15m and their offer was accepted. For some reason, Lille wanted 32m from me and would not accept 15m. needless to say he's joined Milan now.

My squad at the moment looks like this:

GK: Reina / Adler

RB: Johnson / Kelly / Montoya

CB: Coates / Skrtel

CB: Agger / Carra / Wilson

LB: Enrique / Wilson / Robinson

DMC: Lucas / Spearing

CM: Shelvey / Adam / Moises

CM: Gerrard / Henderson

AMR: Willian / Erick Torres

AML: Suarez / Bellamy

ST: Damiao / Carroll

I will probably need to bring in a LB as backup to Enrique. More importantly, a backup DM to Lucas. Spearing has been alright in short spells but I don't trust him.

Also obviously up top, I will bring in some cover for Willian and Suarez as I will probably ship out Bellamy.

Might also sell Adam as his decision making is really poor, coupled with the fact that he loves long range shots. VDV for 5m might be a good replacement? The player I'd ideally get is Keisuke Honda though.

Wilson is superb at LB. He's very fast, strong and a good passer. He's more than good enough as backup and will develop rapidly with some games. Not as good as in FM2011 but he still has decent potential. Robinson needs a couple of years on loan.

Hey all, finished my second season and finished fourth - luckily I still have my job as I said I would challenge for the title but as I won the FA cup and reached the quarter finals of champs league but lost to eventual winners Real Madrid, I still have my job. Finally have gotten rid of Carroll for £1m but paying him £12.5k but that's fine. Got rid of Doumbia as he never performed and trying to get in Damiao now but I should have gotten him last year but needed Hazard to keep up with the spending power of the other clubs. Arsenal bought Cavani for £33m on £165k per week in Jan so he's unavailable. Need Damiao but I will sell Shelvey and have bought Ramsey for £5.25m as rotation with Felipe Anderson so hopefully that position will be fine and covered.

Need some more funds but don't know where I am going to get them from to be honest. Hopefully I can get Damiao. Sterling has been progressing nicely and will be getting more opportunities in the first team. Battling with Barcelona for an Argentinian 16 year old AMR for £7.5m so hope I get him too!

Gotten that AMR :D and he got a permit too! Don't think I can afford Damiao anymore as they want so much money due to him having a great season. Gonna try get Carlos Fierro and maybe Niang.

Also Bayern have approached me but I rejected it. Funny as I was thinking that I should start a Bayern save as they are my FIFA team :)

But I've just become the manager of Mexico :)

Hmmm similar transfer targets to mine I see.

Made quite a few changes to my midfield and attack so far.

IN:

Felipe Anderson - 5.5m

James Rodriguez - 2m (cheap as chips, couldn't turn this down)

Naiggolan - 8.5m (backup to Lucas and might take over soon)

Joel Valencia - 2m (again, good quality for cheap)

Leandro Damiao - 20m

Martin Montoya - Free

OUT:

Charlie Adam - Loan to Marseille

Bellamy - 1.8m

Downing - 6m

Maxi - 1.8m

Kuyt - 1.2m

Basically got rid of the older players who were on high wages. Unfortunately still nobody wants Cole or Aquilani for free. Spearing will be next to go, hopefully for around 2.5m. I might let Skrtel leave too but not in the near future as my funds have run out. Maybe in Jan?

Pretty happy with the window so far. Lots of cheap young talent who can also get into the team straight away. The core of my first team squad remains the same as last season and I will hopefully blood the youngsters in gradually. There is probably too much competition in the CM position but I do feel competition is good and will breed excellence. After all, Gerrard can only last a year or possibly 2 more.

With the Europa as well, the younger players will get a good run-out. With a proper Striker up top this season, hopefully will mean a better conversion rate. Suarez performed brilliantly last season but at times it felt he was doing it all on his own. Damiao playing up top will unleash Suarez and will mean more space and time on the ball for him. Higher Composure and Finishing on damiao will hopefully mean more goals from CCCs as well.

Going on a weeks holiday, then will get stuck into season 2!

Just a update in season 4 now Spurs ended my hopes of a treble by knocking me out of the Champions league in the semi final needs 3 pts to win the league & already in the Fa cup final will post a final review later on

Just completed the Double now my goal for next season is to win the Champions league not sure who to bring in will try more younger players next season

Season 4 review

League:won

Fa cup:won

Carling cup:4th rd

Champions League:s/f

Comm Shield : won

Best season ive had in this save gutted by the s/f loss in the CL thats my goal for next season to win it & im gonna use younger players as well Gerrards last season as a Regular but will still be in my squad ill post some ss in a min

Season 1 Review - Liverpool

League - 4th

FA Cup - 3rd round

League Cup - Semi Final

Europa League - Final

Transfers

LiverpoolTransfers_History.png

I was quite happy with this first season with Liverpool. With 3 games left, we still had a chance to win the league. Champions League football was my main aim for this season and that is what I have to look forward to next season.

It was disappointing not to win a cup this season. Spurs beat me in both the League Cup Semi Final and the Europa League Final, as they went on to win the league to complete a treble.

I will try and ship out more of the dead wood this summer and look forward to the two 15 year olds and two 16 year olds who are joining in July who I have high hopes for in a few year.

I really need to find a good replacement for Gerrard. When he wasn't injured, he was amazing, but he spent far too much time in the treatment room for my liking.

August 2012 Update

Well that's pre-season out of the way and I have finished with my transfers ( unless someone offers me silly money for any of my current squad ).

I thought I only needed a couple of players to strengthen my team from last season, but what happened once I got into the transfer market was me signing a lot more players than expected.

I offered players like Cole, Adam, Downing, Aqualiani, Bellamy etc to other clubs to see if there were any takers as they did play well for me last season ( excluding Adam who was out on loan all year ), but their wages are really high so didn't mind selling them.

All of these guys got sold and so I had to buy a fair few players to fill their boots.

Here is how it went down

LiverpoolTransfers_out.jpg

LiverpoolTransfers_In.jpg

I am going to keep on using my strange asymmetric 3-5-2 formation this season and hope to avoid 2nd season syndrome with it.

I have a Home and Away version ( Away version is just the Home one mirrored ).

LiverpoolTactics_Home.jpgLiverpoolTactics_Away.jpg

Current Squad

GK - Reina, Branescu

LB - Enrique, Robinson

CB - Skrtel, Wilson, Carragher, Griffiths

RB - Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan

DM - Lucas, Mariga, Jones

CM - Herrera, Campana, Taylor, Liversedge

RM - Afellay, Henderson

AM - Gerrard, Sigurosson

LM - Suarez, Sinclair, Sterling

ST - Damiao, Ba, Simkin

ST - Carroll, Bianchi

Players in Red are my under 18's who I have high hopes for and will be giving them some game time though out the course of the season.

just wanted to address this for those who dont know. the longer you leave offering him (and carra) a contract the less he'll want. i usually leave it til the end of the season but have left it right up until a week before his contract expires to offer him a contract and he usually asks for around 60k which you can probably negotiate further aswell. never once has anyone ever offered him a pre contract, probably because of his wages and age.

i do this for henderson and downing too and if i dont really want them, i sell them on and with lesser wages its much easier to get rid. :thup:

Backup striker in season two?

Fed up of Carroll.

Connor Wickham. He won't have played at Sunderland and in a few years he'll far exceed Carroll's ability. He's strong, quick, good in the air, a decent finisher and has good technique and he's still young enough to develop significantly.

Rondon is quality if you are looking for the finished product.

Just finished 2018/19 season.

League Cup: Lost final 1-0 to Man United

FA Cup: Revenge beating Man United 4-2

Premiership: Won with 8pt gap

Champions League: Lost in semi-final 5-4 agg to Barca (1-1 at Anfield and 4-3 at Nou Camp) Messi scored all 5 of their goals. He is still the best player in the game and I have not worked out how to stop him yet :p

LiverpoolSquad_Players-2crp.png

Martin Kelly got into the all time best 11 but insisted he had achieved all he can at the club blah blah so had to let him go.

LiverpoolHistory_BestEleven-2crop.png

Finally got a new MacBook so I can actually run this game now. Downloading it and shall update when finish transfers.

Hi Dark Moon,

What skin do you use if you dont mind me asking? Its very nice mate!

It's called "the embers skin"

After nine games in sitting third in the table won - 6 drew - 2 lost - 1. Signed nobody in the first window but sold Aurelio and Jones. Using a tactic that i used to use back in cm 03/04 (my favourite version of this game) and its working. I drew with man city and spurs, the defeat was to wolves. I just thumped newcastle 4-1. Ive already signed Dzagoev for next year. loving the game so far. Targeting Demba ba for next year too.

Just won 14 league games in a row this will be my last season as I will head off overseas on Saturday also still in the carling cup & made it through to the knockout stage of the champions league so there's a chance I can win 4 trophies currently in dec of season 5