FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any must sign players in the first season? Just started a game.

I would say Willian AM RLC. I also got offered Adam Johnson offered to me in 2nd season for £5m and he was amazing.

Has anyone had any luck getting a new stadium? I'm on latest patch but council turn down planning permission for expansion and board say the fanbase isnt there for new stadium. I sell out every game!

I would say Willian AM RLC. I also got offered Adam Johnson offered to me in 2nd season for £5m and he was amazing.

Has anyone had any luck getting a new stadium? I'm on latest patch but council turn down planning permission for expansion and board say the fanbase isnt there for new stadium. I sell out every game!

I am still trying to balance the books before I even try and get a new stadium.

I am half way through 2nd season and I have got shot of a load of the big wage players from the club ( Carroll, Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Cole, etc ), but still I am losing money every month.

Carragher will be out of contract at the end of this season so that will be another £85K a week saved.

I am still trying to balance the books before I even try and get a new stadium.

I am half way through 2nd season and I have got shot of a load of the big wage players from the club ( Carroll, Kuyt, Bellamy, Adam, Cole, etc ), but still I am losing money every month.

Carragher will be out of contract at the end of this season so that will be another £85K a week saved.

I have a similar problem, but its almost balancing out now.

Halfway through 3rd season but trying to sell Carroll because he isnt as good as his wages. Glen Johnson is good but he's 28 and on big wages so he might be next. In a moment of madness i signed Balotelli at start of season for £7m but he's on £95000 a week. Big mistake!!!

Hey!

Just started a new save with the update from FM base so i start with the likes of Aqulani and Cole back in the squad.

I offloaded:

Spearing - £3m

Kuyt - £8m

Maxi - £3.4m

Gulacsi - £250k

And a released a few youth players who i believed didn't have a future at the club.

I brought in a few 16/17 year olds to bolster the youth and reserve squads.

I tried vigurously to sign a striker to fit my formation and i had large bids accepted for Damiao, Cavani and Adebayor but i just wasn't prepared to pay the wages and signing on fees they wanted as i am trying to keep the finnances in good shape. So in the end i signed Adebayor on a loan deal, where i only payed £1.3m fee and only 50% of his wages,. I have also loaned in Isaac Cuenca from Barcelona as he can play on both wings and has pace.

i play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation: a v-shaped 4-5-1 if you like!

I beat Tromso 3-0 on aggregate over 2 legs in Europa Qualifying, where i gave a lot of youngsters a run out to get them some experience, eg Shelvey, Bijev, Morgan, Sterling, Robinson, Wilson and i will now play Levski Sofia in my final qualifier.

My line up for my 1st league game against Stoke which im about to play is:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard Aqualani

Bellamy Suarez

Adebayor

I have the two wide men cutting inside and i try to play passing football in a controlled manner, frustrating the opposition and keeping possession un till the opportunity arises to push foward.

I will be looking to stregthen next window, starting with a winger as bellamy his nearing his final days and downing has been awful in pre season. I have cover in the centre midfield area at the moment with Henderson, Shelvey and Adam but will probably look for someone son with Gerrard nearing the end. I am confident about my defence and the cover i have there and i will probably look to offload Doni and Jones next season and bring in a young English GK.

Any thoughts on suggestions on my team/squad? On who i should sell or buy ? any feedback appreciated guys!

Carroll put in a transfer request after speaking to me. Turned down as I need him at least till Jan. Has he come good in anyones games?

No, I sold him to West Ham at the end of season 1 for £5m

I have just accepted a £40m bid from Man City for Eden Hazard. Dont know if this is a mistake or not, I guess only time will tell.

In a moment of madness i signed Balotelli at start of season for £7m but he's on £95000 a week. Big mistake!!!

i bought him on the cheap as a back up striker start of season 2 and he was quality scoring pretty much a goal a game every season and never once moaned about not playing or ever even got sent off :eek: dont know what hes like since the patches though, pretty sure i bought him pre patch.

Carroll put in a transfer request after speaking to me. Turned down as I need him at least till Jan. Has he come good in anyones games?

best ive got from him was 16gls in 26apps as a targetman to head. got a £20m bid from arsenal aswell that summer but rejected it and he was horrid after :D. i dont think i could even sell him on after that and he ended up being released for nothing :(

wouldnt mind knowing how he gets on when hes about 28ish though, anyone?

pretty sad this will probably be the last time i ever get to have hazard in my team, 10+ gls 20+ assists minimum every season from him :(

I will definitely need to sign a striker in Jan who can score when he needs to. Damiao is top of the list. Gonna offload Bells and Kuyt probably, Aurelio maybe, and possibly Spearing and bring in Vrsaljko as backup to Lucas.

Have to start again because before I finished this save, I had to reinstall FM12 onto my laptop as I had rebooted my laptop and so forgot to get the German team back. Only just finished first season but I don't mind starting again as I know what I can do better as I finished 6th (Wolves finished ahead of me!) but won both domestic cups.

I've started a new Liverpool game and it's going amazingly well so far. We're first in the league in January and have only drawn three games, away to Chelsea, United and Arsenal. My team has been destroying the weaker teams at home (7-0 against Stoke) and some of the not so weak ones (4-1 against Spurs).

I bought Afellay for €2m and Vaclav Kadlec for €8m and I've just signed Barnetta for €2.8m. Afellay has been amazing all season. I've been playing him at AMC and he won World Golden Ball and World Player of the Year. He's got 16 goals and 17 assists so far in about 18 games. Kadlec is doing very well doing and has 12 goals so far. The best thing about this start was selling Downing to Malaga for €18.5m. I couldn't believe it.

I play a 4-2-3-1 wide with a slow tempo, short passing, press more, cautious tackling and control mentality. We absolutely dominate possession, sometimes 70%. I play a back-four of Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique. Lucas (Ball-winning) at CMR and Adam (Deep-lying playmaker) at CML. Both have passing above 90% on average. I play Bellamy (Inside Forward) at AML, Affelay (Attacking Midfielder) at AMC and Kuyt (Inside Forward) at AMR. Kadlec is up front as a poacher.

I've signed Paloshci for free for next season. The only problem is that we're losing money every month so I'll have to sell some of the big earners at the end of the year.

Season 1 review

League 5th

Fa cup: S/f

Carling cup: 2nd

Was top 4 most of the season got overtaken by the gunners in the last month after a slump lost to Derby in the S/F of the fa cup a game which i should have won will go through my squad & try to get a striker & a left winger for season 2

I've started a new Liverpool game and it's going amazingly well so far. We're first in the league in January and have only drawn three games, away to Chelsea, United and Arsenal. My team has been destroying the weaker teams at home (7-0 against Stoke) and some of the not so weak ones (4-1 against Spurs).

I bought Afellay for €2m and Vaclav Kadlec for €8m and I've just signed Barnetta for €2.8m. Afellay has been amazing all season. I've been playing him at AMC and he won World Golden Ball and World Player of the Year. He's got 16 goals and 17 assists so far in about 18 games. Kadlec is doing very well doing and has 12 goals so far. The best thing about this start was selling Downing to Malaga for €18.5m. I couldn't believe it.

I play a 4-2-3-1 wide with a slow tempo, short passing, press more, cautious tackling and control mentality. We absolutely dominate possession, sometimes 70%. I play a back-four of Johnson, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique. Lucas (Ball-winning) at CMR and Adam (Deep-lying playmaker) at CML. Both have passing above 90% on average. I play Bellamy (Inside Forward) at AML, Affelay (Attacking Midfielder) at AMC and Kuyt (Inside Forward) at AMR. Kadlec is up front as a poacher.

I've signed Paloshci for free for next season. The only problem is that we're losing money every month so I'll have to sell some of the big earners at the end of the year.

Great start mate. What about Suarez, have you sold him?

I play Suarez at either AML or AMR as he's not really clinical enough for me at ST. I definitely won't sell him as he's still young and Kuyt and Bellamy won't last much longer.

I'm finding the Liverpool squad very respectable this year but Carroll, Downing and perhaps Henderson are a bit rubbish. I expect next year will see a downgrade of Enrique as he's world-class in the game but had a poor second-half of the season IRL.

I'm a United fan but for some strange reason I actually want to do a Liverpool save.... No idea why I ain't started one yet but it's doing my head in because I want to do one lol!!

I play Suarez at either AML or AMR as he's not really clinical enough for me at ST. I definitely won't sell him as he's still young and Kuyt and Bellamy won't last much longer.

I'm finding the Liverpool squad very respectable this year but Carroll, Downing and perhaps Henderson are a bit rubbish. I expect next year will see a downgrade of Enrique as he's world-class in the game but had a poor second-half of the season IRL.

Henderson has been immense for me. I'm in 3rd season but he's kept Gerrard out the whole time! Finished 2nd first season but done the domestic treble in 2nd, Henderson being my main midfielder along with Lucas. Gerrard only plays in Carling cup or when i have injuries.

Bought FM12 last week (I've played CM/FM for a long time, but not picked it up for a couple of years, and am 10 gtames into 1st PL season - going okay so far.

I've 1000's of questions I'd like to ask, but I'll start with just one...

With the small transfer budget and big squad (for a team not in Europe) I've not bought anyone (want to try out the current squad first). A lot of you have mentioned the potential for disaster by signing players on 24 month payment terms. Does that mean the total fee isn't taken from your transfer budget, so unless you're careful you buy too many players / pay too much, and then hemorrhage cash there after?

Thanks

I have just got FM12 the other day and I will be doing my favourite team...Liverpool!! any tips for me?

is the team good enough to avoid the sack without buying players or do I need to buy some players, if so what position? what formation will work best? thanks :)

YNWA!

I'm a United fan but for some strange reason I actually want to do a Liverpool save.... No idea why I ain't started one yet but it's doing my head in because I want to do one lol!!

lol, I'm a massive Liverpool fan but I have done a save with utd before! (don't worry, I didn't relegated them on purpose :D)

lol, I'm a massive Liverpool fan but I have done a save with utd before! (don't worry, I didn't relegated them on purpose :D)

I won't feel so dirty now that you said that :) I might have to start it then.

Just to see if can make a United fan a Liverpool Legend :)

As I started in January thinking I was going to do a MLS save I am in January, so I thought I'd do a couple of tours... First one Iraq, second one Afghanistan nothing like playing Football in war zones ;)

I won the treble in the first season, partly due to the good teams completely ignoring the cups and getting knocked out early on. I played a reserve team in both cups with Suso and Spearing playing and only Kadlec and Reina being first choice. The league was relatively easy due to the fixtures putting the most difficult games in the last month when I'd already won. I had 3 months in each half where I didn't play any of the top 6 teams.

Reina was quite poor despite having the best defence. He conceded goals in many games we absolutely dominated. Often the opposition only had one shot on target. We fell out over this in April and I sold him for €30m to Arsenal. I signed Carrizo on a free who looks very good and is on much lower wages.

Kadlec got 27 goals and was top scorer. He has improved a lot but he hasn't responded that well to tutoring. He's got 4 star potential and he's currently 2 and 1/2.

Afellay was immense with the highest average rating in the league and the highest number of assists with 22 and also he got 17 goals including a hat-trick away to Villa to win the game 3-2. I bought him for €2m and he's now worth €19m. Charlie Adam was unexpectedly excellent and kept Gerrard out after he recovered from his injury. He formed a good partnership with Lucas and each had 90%+ passing. Spearing and Shelvey were the backups and did well but Shelvey hasn't developed all that much yet. Allan, the young brazilian from Vasco, did very well and has very good all-round attributes with 13+ in almost every category. Suarez was first choice down the right and scored and assisted well. Suso and Sterling did well in the cups and are developing well but Sterling has a long way to go before his attributes are at the right level.

Agger, Skrtel, Enrique and Johnson were all good and Coates and especially Kelly did very well against weaker teams. Robinson and Flanagan were very good when they played and both have developed rapidly. Robinson has very good potential, Flanagan less so but he should be a good backup.

I'm finding the end of the first season rather tricky for Liverpool. Several players on extremely high wages are hard or impossible to shift. Carragher wants first team football but won't move even though I promised to sell him. Aqualani is rubbish and no one is interested. Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy are old and on high wages. I don't want to sell any of them but I'm keeping Kuyt as a tutor and selling the other two.

I bought Fernando (Porto) for about €180,000. I already have Spearing and Allan as back-ups to Lucas but I couldn't resist at that price. I got Paloschi on a free as a back up for Kadlec. I also signed Wijnaldum for €7m and he looks like a good replacement for Maxi and Bellamy. I'm considering buying Eriksen for €27.5m but I'm undecided as Afellay is real quality, Wijnaldum is good and I hope Suso develops and I can buy some young English players. I would buy Hazard but 10 determination is too low for me and his mental stats are poor. He also wants over €120,000 while Eriksen wants €58,000.

Do people put Suarez ST or out wide? I'm playing a 4-3-3.

As I started way back in January(In game!) I'm having a pretty long pre-season, I put him out wide, 6 apps 4 goals and 7 assists. I playing him as an inside forward.

1st season - 3 transfers, Willian, Joe Allen & Nene on a loan.

Finished 1st in the league with a 101 points, knocked out of the Carling Cup and FA Cup pretty early on - my own fault, didn't take as much notice. Suarez top scorer with just 19, so definitely need to bring in a prolific player, either Damiao or Doumbia. Start of second season, will be selling all players considered deadwood, Kuyt, Aurelio, Cole etc. Notable mention to Joe Allen - awesome.

Joe Allen looks a decent little player. Good potential too according to Clarke. I'm buying him as a replacement for Charlie Adam. I was tempted by Marvin Martin but Sochaux want €50m. Picked up Joel Valencia for €3m too.

I've fortunately signed Rene Adler on a free as a replacement for Reina. Carrizo isn't really good enough.

Hey lads, long time reader of the forum but I'll be posting a little from now. Been really looking to get into a game after the patch and I'm planning to do it with the Redmen. Squad looks solid enough, will probably sign a cheap DM like Kara, or maybe splash an extra two million quid on someone like Badelj who'll keep me covered in two positions. Also looking at getting in someone like Affellay on loan, need some strength on the wings. Planning to go a 4-5-1 with Luisito up top. Do you blood Suso and Sterling in the first season itself or is it a case of too soon?

Any other transfer recommendations would be welcome but I don't do those deals over 48 months. Planning to keep the club financially stable. Won't be possible in the first few years given our high wage budget, but should be ok once I'm able to blood in talented youngsters on the cheap.

You should buy Afellay if you can. I got him for €2m and he was my best player in the first season. 19 goals and 20 assists in the league. I played him at AMC with Attacking Midfielder and Attack. Now worth €21m at the start of the second season.

Have a look at Kadlec too. He can do a job straight away and will develop rapidly if given a chance.

Tranquillo Barnetta from Leverkusen is another good buy. He's cheap, two-footed and can play on either wing.

Give Henderson, Shelvy, Robinson, Flanagan, Sterling and Suso game time in the cups and they should develop quickly. Robinson will be the best left back in England in a few seasons with a little luck. At the start of the second season in my game, he's challenging Enrique for a starting spot. Flanagan isn't quite as good and you should try to boost his acceleration but he's rated 3 stars by Clarke and that's as good as Glen Johnson is currently.

Financial stability in the first season is pretty much impossible. The wage budget is so high that you'll lose €5m + every month unless you sell Gerrard, Reina, Carragher, Carroll, Downing etc. Joe Cole and Aquilani don't really improve that next season unless you win the league. I'd look at selling both Carroll and Downing as they are mediocre and on very high wages. Henderson, while decent, is on too high wages for his age and ability.

Transfers season 2

Íns

Leandro Damiao

Cotton

Sanogo

Butland

Sigurasson

Torje

Rafeal Toloi

Outs

Carroll (Loan)

Cole (Loan)

Kuyt

Aurelio

Badelj (Requested Transfer)

Kelly (Sold by Werner)

Aquilani (Loan)

Shelvey (Loan)

Bellamy

Team

GK Reina,Butland,Areola

RB Johnson,Vrsaljko,Flanagan

LB Enrique,Robinson

CB Skrtel,Agger,Coates,Wilson,Carragher,Rafal Toloi

MC Sigurasson,Henderson

MC Lucas,Spearling

AMR Afellay,Torje

AML Suarez,Downing

AMC Gerrard,Adam

St Leandro Damiao,Sanogo

Happy with the squad will get Fernando from Porto in season 3 to backup Lucas as Spearing isnt good enough also haven't used 48 months deals for the 1st time in this save & Programed some transfers as IRL like Hazard to Chelsea etc got to many defenders will sell 1 & Keep Carra as he will join my coaching staff when he calls it a day

Cheers for the reply, dangerpuss mate. Much appreciated. Agreed on the wages part, but I think it'll be pretty much impossible shifting the ones you've mentioned as they've just signed. Don't want an unhappy squad on my hands either. I'll be open to offers from other teams come the start of the next season. Can't wait to finish work and get my game started! :D

And Glenn, did you receive an incredible offer for Kelly seeing as Werner sold him?

Cheers for the reply, dangerpuss mate. Much appreciated. Agreed on the wages part, but I think it'll be pretty much impossible shifting the ones you've mentioned as they've just signed. Don't want an unhappy squad on my hands either. I'll be open to offers from other teams come the start of the next season. Can't wait to finish work and get my game started! :D

And Glenn, did you receive an incredible offer for Kelly seeing as Werner sold him?

Yes Wolves offered 6.5 mill Werner accepted when i didnt want to sell him :(

Have you sold Gerrard? I'm thinking of doing that as he doesn't really suit my tactics but I'm nervous about the fans.

Can't sell him, I ain't trying but I'm sure you can't as he wants to end his career at Liverpool!

Yes Wolves offered 6.5 mill Werner accepted when i didnt want to sell him :(

Wouldn't class that as an incredible offer but losing Kelly is a blow. Great back up for two positions and a potential starter as well. Must be gutted you lost him for so little.

Yes, Carroll and Henderson will have to wait but I did sell Downing in January to Malaga for €18m. He did demand a small wage supplement but I was happy to get rid of him.

Wouldn't class that as an incredible offer but losing Kelly is a blow. Great back up for two positions and a potential starter as well. Must be gutted you lost him for so little.
Surprised he sold him as you said wasn't a big offer i have 2 good backup so im happy there

Did anyone give Cole and Aquilani a chance to impress at the start of season 2, or did you just try to offload them asap!

I'm in season 1, and would like to see if they can play well, but as already noted there is a wage issue too.

I am in first season and am trying to reduce wage bill as best I can, I have sold Brad Jones for 500k, tried to offer Spearing out but no interest and probably the best one is getting Doni (who gets a massive 50k a week to sit on the bench!) out on loan to Man City and they will pay 100% of wages!!

I am now buying Mcgregor for 1.5m who gets 22.5k wages a week and when Doni comes back I will attempt to sell him again!!

lfccarroll.jpg

lfcdowning.jpg

I wouldn't say Carroll and Downing are mediocre sure there are better players out there but both have played pretty well for me so far.

First time managing Liverpool properly and the amount of money lost a month is horrendous. I am guessing if you bring success then you can make that back but looks like it's worth getting rid of some of the higher earners.

They are both 3 stars plus 17 in 22 is a good strike rate and Downing is playing really well, I don't really care what the coaches rate them at I judge them on how they perform. I'll probably sell both at some point but I like having a big targetman up front. I also never said you can't have better players on lower wages I was just pointing out that neither are mediocre for my side.

Archived