FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summer activity season 2015:

As soon as the season was finished, the day after the champions league final was done, Tom Werner sent a message saying that Anfield was going to be expanded by 10,000 seats and it would be finished some point during October. Not as much as I wanted to see for the £12M they said it would cost, but hey everyone has said that getting a new stadium built is dependant on having Anfield expanded first. My contract expires in 2017 and having won three league titles, a champions league, a league and FA cup one charity shield and the CWC I asked for a new contract. It's only fair and I was given one that expires in 2020, given that this is my 'Liverpool Dynasty' I'll be looking to see that out and expanded on as well.

Four years in means change in formation time for me, I've gone to an orthodox 4-2-3-1 this time, with the 4-3-3 for bigger teams and the 4-2-4 when I want two out and out strikers playing.

Transfers

Out

All outgoing transfers are done with cash up front

Reina - £37M - Barcelona: Done before the end of the last season, although oddly a week after the transfer was completed they asked me to become their new manager :confused:

Suarez - £35M - Real Madrid: He was being played on the right wing, and I was tapping up a younger striker to take his place anyway

Downing - £3M - West Ham: He spent last season on loan at Valencia who didn't want him and the season before that he was on loan at another club as well. Can't remember who though

Suso - £8M - Celta: Regressed amazingly fast over two seasons despite getting quite a bit of playing time, his potential took a nose dive in my third season which meant that he didn't get any game time because I was trying to loan him out. I only got that much off Celta because of one of the incoming transfers was from them.

Marino - £4M - Blackpool: One of my youth intake regens from two seasons ago

Cook - £7M - West Ham: another regen whining about game time, I had too many young strikers so he had to go

In

A couple of big signings that were done based on performances and add-ons.

Boris Morand(17) - £4.5M - Lyon: A great looking french attacking mid regen that was offered to me in March as were all the regens here apart from one, will upload screen shot

Steffen Meyer (18) - £5M - Furth: Defensive mid regen that I'll be looking to have Lucas tutor over the next few years

Manuel Pereira (17) - £1.5M - Porto: Centre back regen

Taras - £6M - CSKA Moscow: A defensive mid to take some of the burden away from Lucas over the next couple of seasons

Bruno (18) - £3.5M - Vasco: Brazilian defensive mid/centre back, it was only after I bought him did it come up that he doesn't have a work permit so he'll be spending the next three years on loan at Standard and we'll see how he goes. I'll upload a screenshot

Delgado (19) - £4M over 4 years - Barcelona: An attacking mid/right wing regen from spain. Mental and physical stats are good right now, just need his technical to go up, Screen shot

Crespo (19) £4M over four years - Celta: This is the deal that moved Suso the other way about a week later, a defensive mid wonder kid and his stats show it again. A screen shot will be going up.

Neymar - £35M- Santos: I was shocked by how cheap I got him for, but I spent November to June tapping him up and making £45M bids for him constantly that were being turned down until he handed in a transfer request

Corchia - £15M - Sochaux-Montbe: Another player I've spent all season trying to buy, he's going to be my first choice right back from now on.

Muniain £30M - Bilbao: I didn't waste anytime I buying Muniain, everyone knows who he is. He'll be played on the right wing of my 4-2-3-1

Waltinho (17) - £3.5M - Santos: A Brazilian regen striker, I signed him last season but he won't be able to join until this Jan. His stats again are pretty damn good to me, over the next few years he'll be learning from Rossi and then Neymar.

waltinhooverviewprofile.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

isidredelgadooverviewpr.png

efrncrespooverviewprofi.png

Off topic, but what a game at Wembley today. So happy for Carroll who got the winner, what a confidence boost that must be :)

Made up for him think he gets unfairly treated by some fans and the media

Id suggest that a rigid 4-2-3-1 doesnt work with Liverpool. Not enough flair players i the final 3rd, you need more team movement to break teams down. Also; Suso isn't even close to first team material yet, nor is Sterling really- definatly a good decision with the others though. Good luck pal, keep us updated!!

Id suggest that a rigid 4-2-3-1 doesnt work with Liverpool. Not enough flair players i the final 3rd, you need more team movement to break teams down. Also; Suso isn't even close to first team material yet, nor is Sterling really- definatly a good decision with the others though. Good luck pal, keep us updated!!

Ive changed my tactics to fluid, short passing, more disciplined, press more, zonal marking, more roaming. Beat celtic 2-0 in a friendly thanks to suarez.

I just played my first game, i couldnt even finish it. I shut down fm at the 60th minute. The bitters were up 3-0 and suarez got a red card. Carrol and Reina and adam were injured in training/international duty. Im still awful at this game lol.

20 or 25 for johnson is silly money... accept...

plenty of quality to replace him with.. kyle walker if you want like for like and british... the world is your oyster if you're happy to go foreign

Martin Kelly is also very good, better than Walker I'd say. If you fancy looking even closer to home, Flanno is a great back-up too.

Btw, I know this as I'v got Johnson out for 6 months at the minute (2nd season), I've also got Agger out for 6 months- Coates is a brilliant cover. Not sure how much deeper the squad goes though?!?! I do like Wilson though, he's getting some game time.

Laying 2nd at new year, beat Citeh 3-0 and Everton 4-1 in my last 2 games!!

Here for a bit, having a bit of a crap period with losses and stupid losses at that.

I get the feeling that our side on the game (and IRL actualy) is quite mentally weak and thats the reason for so many odd performances. I was top of the league until December- but then drew with Swansea and just couldn't string two wins together after that- mid feb and im now 4th and only just 4th at that!!!

Career Update - Season 1 - 6 Months

Transfer In :

Cristian Tello - £2m

Transfer Out:

Maxi Rodriguez - Zenit - £5.5m (love the guy , but offer too good :()

Been a Fantastic season so far - into the semi - finals off the Carling Cup against Stoke, and sat atop of the Premier League, far exceding my expectations.

I designed this save to see if i could get Andy Carrol scoring, and i seem to have finally cracked it!

League Table

barclayspremierleagueovq.png

Squads Performance

liverpoolsquadplayers.png

Carroll's

andycarrollhistorycaree.png

Yeh no worries :D

Got him set as a poacher (I know, but its the ME)

With Suarez in behind playing off his knock downs and playing in through balls

Two-out and out Wingers- my choices are Tello and Downing

Player Instructions

Holds up Ball

moves into the channels

Corner Attack - Attack ball from deep

Everything else default :)

Individual Training

Quickness - will still miss chances with not great finishing, but training barley improves that!

PPM

Kevin Kean - Round Keeper - done this atleast three times when through on goal - no stupid dives ;)

Just got this yesterday and started my Liverpool save. Brought in Iker Muniain who devoured my budget, had to do 25 million of it over 48 months, Willian, and a guy named Michel as a backup at center mid. Running a 4-2-4 at the moment. We'll see how it works.

For the first time ever, I've got a youth candidate that I'm half interested in signing up!!!

Only 1 mind, although, maybe Saynor too?

youthcandidates.jpg

He seems to have excited my assistant!!

holcroft.jpg

There is a downside though.... A fairly major one!!!

holcroftinfo.jpg

Good return from Carroll!!

I beat OM 1-0 at home, 3-0 on AGG!!! IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!!! MENTAL!!!

Against Real Madrid. Tough one, going to take a break now and do some scouting of the real Real on the ogglebox!

just done the first transfer window in my new file. in - Jamil Adam (free) Thiago (13.5m) Iker Munain (20m) Out Brad Jones (1m) Fabio Aurelio (2.2m) and Dirk Kuyt (10m - sadly at 31 and 85k pw i couldnt resist)

I used a new tactic 4 defenders, 3 central mids, 2 wingers and one up front. Keeping a lot of possesion and i beat stoke 2-0, west brom 2-0 and stevenage 2-0 (league cup).

Then Andy follows it up with a brace against Man U in Anfield in a 2-0 win.

He just scored the winning penalty in a shootout with Real Madrid for the Champions League (second season) for me.

just done the first transfer window in my new file. in - Jamil Adam (free) Thiago (13.5m) Iker Munain (20m) Out Brad Jones (1m) Fabio Aurelio (2.2m) and Dirk Kuyt (10m - sadly at 31 and 85k pw i couldnt resist)

Why?!?!

Also, I think Kuyt is worth the wages for his tuition alone- hes made Sterling a super young player for me.

Liverpool Football Club 2012 / 13, Season: Two in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leaguebx.jpg

I was aiming for 3rd, with a trophy. Won league cup & champions league and got 4th so not bad but I need to get much more consistent in the league (said that last season too!!).

Blackpool (1), Norwich (2) & Birmingham (PO) promoted into the league

Transfers

transferso.jpg

Season Best XI

sxig.jpg

Squad Analysis

squadanalysis.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2012 / 13, Season: Two in Pictures (Part: Two, Player Performance)

Player of the Season

coates.jpg

When Daniel Agger broke his leg fairly on in the season, I thought my defence would become very weak. Not the case, Coates came in and was an absolute rock. Scores a few goals too- but then he would, look at those stats!! He got in the Champions League dream team too.

Previous Winners:

2012: Andy Carroll: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Young Player of the Season

deulofeu.jpg

Second season in a row that Deulofeu wins this. I’ve been very impressed since I bought him, and since being tutored by Dirk Kuyt he’s becoming a very good player, very fast. He had a couple of bad injuries this season too, so I’m hoping he can kick on and develop even more next season. My very own Leo Messi!!

Previous Winners:

2012: Gerard Deulofeu: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Player Records: Season

playerrecseason.jpg

Player Records: Modern Era

teamrecmodern.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2012 / 13, Season: Two in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

teamrecseason.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

plrrecmodern.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxio.jpg

Finances

(On 01/06)

financef.jpg

I really don’t understand what is going on with my finances!!! I mean, I spend very little (in net terms) and I’m £320k under my wage budget. I won the champions league and have all kinds of TV money coming in... Can anyone explain why I’m getting further in debt?!?!?!

Club Value: £118m (Debt: £46.5m)

Other Stuff

• The rising debt is crippling the club. I want to improve my facilities and stuff but there is just no chance from the board with the finances as they are!

• I’m reading ‘Barca’ atm and have been seriously inspired by the Cruyff chapter, so much so I’m going to build and trial (in cups / champions league) a new system for next season- a total football system. The football I play is already beautiful but this will be something directly inspired by that Dutch team- 3 at the back!!!

• I didn’t like Club Brugge as my feeder club for WPs, they didn’t have great facilities. So I enquired again with the board and got given Standard de Liege. Good feeder club!!

• Got my budgets through for next season; £39m / £1.7m

Trophy Haul

League Cup: 2012, 2013

Champions League: 2013

I really don’t understand what is going on with my finances!!! I mean, I spend very little (in net terms) and I’m £320k under my wage budget. I won the champions league and have all kinds of TV money coming in... Can anyone explain why I’m getting further in debt?!?!?!

Total wage costs of 135m per year seems quite high for season 2. What bonuses do you offer each season? The difference between high and low win bonus is huge on the CL.

I really don’t understand what is going on with my finances!!! I mean, I spend very little (in net terms) and I’m £320k under my wage budget. I won the champions league and have all kinds of TV money coming in... Can anyone explain why I’m getting further in debt?

I'll give it a go at diagnosing, What are your yearly wage for the squad and staff, completely ignore the budgets set by the board as that in my opinion is a good way to get yourself into debt. The way i do things are set my own budgets ignoring the boards, the wage at our club is completely idiotic when we start, average players on wages established champions league players would love to be earning. After a few seasons i like to get my yearly wage to 1 million to 1.2 million. Also, what kind of bonuses do the best players have, you do try to also keep the signing on and agent fees to a minimum right as they can build up quickly. Could i see a screen of the Expenditure tab? I'll see if i can help in any way, also a screen of your squad's contracts ordered by highest earners first.

In other news, my second season has started badly although my new strike partnership of Leandro Damiao and Edison Cavani are literally walking past defenders and scoring freely like messi V a 4 year old. I had a squad clear out at the begining of the second season with Downing, bellamy, reina and suarez being sold, Adam and carroll both went out on loan. I normally wouldn't sell suarez but with cavani and damiao up front with the kids i have found, there really was no room in my squad for him, reina got annoyed that i sold suarez so i told him to go do one and he ended up at AC milan.

The players i sold valued to £71 million this season and i spent £75 million on stegen, cavani, shawcross, mateo kovacic ( really can't rate this kid high enough, he is simply brilliant) and a few regens with Rene Adler coming in on a free transfer. Despite a combined transfer budget of almost £40 million for 2 seasons, my net spend has been just 7 million and i have lowered the yearly wage to 1.3 million and that's with an ageing carragher and gerrard still on the books. Can't seem to get rid of aqualani no matter what i try, and jose enrique has played 6 games in 2 seasons, i might be selling him soon too.

My last game against QPR was simply brilliant a 6-2 victory with 4 goals from damiao, 1 from cavani and a 16 year old regen who i rate highly scored. and a vintage performance from mateo kovacic who came for just 2.9 million and in 9 appearances (7 starts, 2 sub) he has scored twice and assisted 8 not bad for someone who has the potential to be better than steven gerrard with 4.5* rating and just £11,500 per week.

Yeah I always use a high win bonus for all comps, surely everything else I do should negate that though?

Unfortunately the high bonus for CL win eats up a massive chunk of the prize/tv money. Your finances should have seen a nice big spike for end of May/June, I think this is probably your main culprit unless season 2 sees that income come in June rather than May for some reason, I'm too far into my save to see where I was at then.

One other thing, did you completely revamp coaching and scouting? In 2023 my wage bill is 92m per year but my total wage costs come to 188m, it all adds up.

What kind of 17 year old scores a 30 yard free kick against aston villa in the premiership? Lewis turner that's who :D Got this kid on a 1.4m compensation deal from milwall, he isn't doing too badly for a kid either :D

EDIT: Chelsea just offered me Lukaku for £12m, potential to be as good as cavani so took the chance and he is arriving in january.

LewisTurnerOverview_Profile.png

End Of Season Update - Season 1

Well its been a good season, tailed away from the mid to late part of the season but really excelled in the cup competitions. Got Andy Carroll as well which was a big bonus.

Transfers In

Junior Hoillett - Blackburn - £10m

Urby Emanuelson - AC Milan - Loan

League Table

barclayspremierleagueov.png

Carling Cup

liverpoolvblackpoolinfo.png

FA Cup

westbromvliverpoolinfor.png

Player Of The Season

andycarrollhistorycaree.png

Young Player Of The Season

cristiantellohistorycars.png

Premier League Team Of The Year

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

European Golden Boot

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

Season Highlights

Seeing Andy Carroll bag two cup final goals

Seeing Andy Carroll come 2nd in the European Top Marksman - Outscoring Messi

Seeing Andy Carroll get named to the subs bench of the team of the year (theme here)

Seeing Andy Carroll Named as the fans' player of the year

Stewart Downing in the team of the year

LFC challenging at the top of the table again

Signing Gerrard to a cheaper two-year deal

Targets For Next Season

Look to Reduce the average age of the squad, as much as i like them the likes of Kuyt, Cole, Aquilani, Johnson and Bellamy will be moved on.

Help to reduce debt in order to expand stadium

Sign as many youth players that can play for eight years plus, instead of three, four years at a time.

Continue to get Andy Carroll paying the £35m back, then look to sell him for close to that price (may be a first for anyone on FM :D)

Damiao was out for a month through december and my results suffered, cavani seemed to drop form completely and the entire team morale died on me. Damiao has played 1 match since coming back and brought the team back to life scoring himself and cavani got 2, the partnership is back and im hoping this turns the team performances around as i need 4th this season.

Archived