FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

glennn do you know something i dont? you say soon like you think its gonna be out tonight? or something... or is it just wishful thinking?
I said ill be on soon not the patch will be out soon will be either end of the month or 1st week of march

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ill be on soon when the final patch is out ill start a new save wonder where some of the old faces are ? i hope they comeback soon

Alright mate my pc is broke so haven't been able to play fm. Am unsure wheter to get my old desktop fixed or buy a laptop, although am going to have to save some money first.

As soon as I can get back on I'll start a new save with the reds

Alright mate my pc is broke so haven't been able to play fm. Am unsure wheter to get my old desktop fixed or buy a laptop, although am going to have to save some money first.

As soon as I can get back on I'll start a new save with the reds

That sux mate id go crazy myself least you have the xbox to keep you busy :)

right, im well annoyed, i have sent one of the best regens i have had on this years game on loan to get a work permit. he has completed three years in belgium but hasnt got a visa because he cannot speak basic french or dutch. ARGH i may even dip into FMRTE just to give him basic dutch!

Continuing my save as I have a week off studies.

Started second season off brilliant but since then have been very inconsistent. Sitting 9th with 2 games in hand which could take me to 5th, although i've had a very tough start to the season. Team's a bit inconsistent, when we play well, we batter teams, and vice versa.

Shelvey has started coming into his own, came off the bench to score 2 screamers against newcastle and won me a game against Galatasaray with another peach, very impressed with the kid! Also Glenn Johnson is being a muppet, might sell him come January.

I'm only in November mind. 9th in league, next round of Europa League and semi of League cup.

Anyone managed to get a new stadium built?

I'm into my 19th season in charge, won the last 7 premier leagues, picked up 5 champions leagues along the way, have 800m in cash, and still they don't want to build a new stadium 8(

Anyone managed to get a new stadium built?

I'm into my 19th season in charge, won the last 7 premier leagues, picked up 5 champions leagues along the way, have 800m in cash, and still they don't want to build a new stadium 8(

I've not no, has Anfield be increased at all? I'm into my 11th season, have got anfield up to 60k but that with allowing room for the increase by using FMRTE.

Do you have anyone from the start of the game in your backroom? I'm guessing everyone has retired from playing from real life. I have Robinson & Martin Kelly still only on game

Coming up to the start of my 1st league season which begins with a home game against Fulham.

I've had a decent pre-season with wins over Roma, Sporting Lisbon + Genk but had a blip when i lost 2-0 away at Cardiff.

I've loaned out the likes of Flannagan, Robinson and Suso and i've sold Brad Jones to Blackburn for £1m

I've brought in Jach Shaw from Southampton and my only signing for my senior squad is Stephene Sessegnon from Sunderland. He cost me £6m upfront with incentives leading it up to £13m. But if he ends up costing me £13m it means he has been awesome for me 'cos he would have to score alot of goals and make alot of appearances for it to reach that figure!

I think that's it for signings, possibly Maxi may be let go. Will keep you updated, aiming for top 6 at very worst, top 4 hopefully with a good cup run. :thup:

anyone got any suggestions who to buy to play as a striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation?

i am in season 4. won the league and FA cup in season 3. half way through season 4 and i am top of the league and still in every competition and still undefeated this season so far. i have regularly scored 6 or more in a game, including 6-2 against Chelsea and 6-0 against Stoke at home and 6-2 away against Villa.

with all that in mind i know it seems a bit strange that i want a new striker! i currently choose from either Suarez or Sonago (both in excellent form) i have Mbaye Niang as a back up.

the only reason i am considering a change is that at the end of the season i would like to make one big signing to keep things fresh and i am thinking of selling Suarez and replacing him with another striker. i dont think i need to improve any other part of my team.

my current team is (in a 4-2-3-1):

Suarez

Gotze, Eden Hazard, Lucas Moura

Asamoah, Felipe Anderson

Robinson, Kjaer, Shawcross, Kyle Walker

Reina

on the bench, i then have the likes of:- Smithies, coates, Chauvet (excellent regen - 4 star), Kelly, Jose Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Jack Wilshire, Lavezzi, Sterling, Sonago and Niang, plus a few other talented youngsters in the reserves, ready to step in. kind of spoilt for choice!

i have recently turned down £45 million for Anderson from Barcelona. Shawcross is my captain and now also England captain as i am now the England manager too. and i cant think of a much better attacking midfielder trio of Mario Gotze, Hazard (undoubtedly my star player) and Lucas Moura.

so it is only the striker position i might improve. if i sell Suarez, i expect i could have around 60 million to spend, maybe more, so i can spend big on one player if i need to. i am thinking of going for Neymar.

any suggestions?

Doing wonders with Liverpool. Fifth season getting underway soon as I look to defend my league title and win it for the fourth year in a row.

Off topic slightly but as fellow Reds I would like it if you were to take a look at my website that I just launched. Appreciate it loads :)http://www.thesportexpress.com

Doing wonders with Liverpool. Fifth season getting underway soon as I look to defend my league title and win it for the fourth year in a row.

Off topic slightly but as fellow Reds I would like it if you were to take a look at my website that I just launched. Appreciate it loads :)http://www.thesportexpress.com

Just starting 4th season myself. Don't really want to start a new save with the update tbh.

Looked at the site mate, looks good to me, but just wanted to point out that in the blog section, the rss is off the border.

Just starting 4th season myself. Don't really want to start a new save with the update tbh.

Looked at the site mate, looks good to me, but just wanted to point out that in the blog section, the rss is off the border.

Alright mate how are you ? It's been ages since I've had a save with the reds. My computer was knackered but is now working for some reason, but is slow as ****. Its taken me ages just to do one match.

Am hoping to get a laptop in the future so shall hopefully be able to start a new save with the reds and another to keep me happy till fm13 comes out.

Alright mate how are you ? It's been ages since I've had a save with the reds. My computer was knackered but is now working for some reason, but is slow as ****. Its taken me ages just to do one match.

Am hoping to get a laptop in the future so shall hopefully be able to start a new save with the reds and another to keep me happy till fm13 comes out.

Hey mate, I'm good thanks, how're you? Good to hear from ya. That sucks. You might as well just wait for the update then. I'm playing less and less due to uni but after exams should have lots of time on my hands, but then I have other games to play...I've been neglecting my ps3 lol.

Hi guys, can i check with you.

For Champions League Eligibility, if 25 players have already been selected, only our Club Growth U20 can be selected, the rest of the foreign purchased U20s will be listed as a red Uneligible?

Hey mate, as far I as remember, any U21 can play even if they are purchased from other clubs, but you have to have atleast 4 players that have come through the academy (e.g. Gerrard, Carragher, Robinson and Flannagon) and 8 other players that have been trained in England (the players listed would also count towards this). But if you buy a 16 year old he would become homegrown after a while I think...between the ages of 15 to 18 or either 18 to 21 (not sure on this).

Hey mate, I'm good thanks, how're you? Good to hear from ya. That sucks. You might as well just wait for the update then. I'm playing less and less due to uni but after exams should have lots of time on my hands, but then I have other games to play...I've been neglecting my ps3 lol.

Hey mate, as far I as remember, any U21 can play even if they are purchased from other clubs, but you have to have atleast 4 players that have come through the academy (e.g. Gerrard, Carragher, Robinson and Flannagon) and 8 other players that have been trained in England (the players listed would also count towards this). But if you buy a 16 year old he would become homegrown after a while I think...between the ages of 15 to 18 or either 18 to 21 (not sure on this).

Am not too bad thanks mate. I've been on my Xbox lately and have got Netflix on it now aswell. Am hoping to try and get a faster computer so it dosent take me about 2 wks to do 1 season

Not in my case, all my U21 who are not Club Growth are all Not Eligible in my 2nd season when i qualified for CL.

anyone else can comment on this?

You have to register the U21's in real life now for the champions league, if you want to play them.

noted, which means all the red non-eligibles are there now because it is the same as rl, which means we have to keep a good squad depth of 25 now and cannot rely on having these U21 youngsters as backups.

Liverpool 2014/15

2011/12 - won league, won FA Cup

2012/13 - won league, won FA Cup, won Europa League

2013/14 - 2nd place, won FA Cup, won Carling Cup, Champions League runners up on penalties

No major signings, just brought Robinson/Kelly/Flanagan/Coady/Suso/Shelvey/Sterling through from academy. Henriksen of Rosenborg has been at the club since 2012, Adam Johnson since 2013 and Iker Muniain arrived for free in summer.

The Shield was no problem, as my youngsters rolled over City, a good omen

A fairly tough run to the Carling final presented no difficulties, but a weak Aston Villa side struck lucky on penalties to rob us of a trophy

The league season was a rough one, we were involved in a tough title race all season, at first a six-way battle with Blackburn in it, until they dropped off after Christmas. By April it was just us and the Arse neck and neck

In the end, we triumphed by a point after having exchanged positions for 8 games or so, our struggles away from home being counteracted by our Anfield prowess

The FA Cup is our bitch after three successive victories and we made it four with ease against Nottingham Forest

Finally, we were runners up in last seasons European Cup so it was time for revenge in the groups when we drew Barcelona, who had beat us, we progressed to the final on the back of great home form particularly nice was our defeat of Man Utd at home thanks to a Suarez hat-trick, for the final, it was a tetchy affair, once Real scored they sat back but didn't expect a great push at the end as we stormed to a sixth title ten years after Istanbul

cl.png

The FM Gods have been kind and given me these from my youth intakes, a big man little man partnership I may have to convert my team to 4-4-2 for, both are ST and both have held the youngest goalscorer record before Kelechi stole it by three days off Gary :D

Kelechi Nwaogu

kelechi.png

and

Gary Morrison

gary.png

Going into new season had to sell Reina (£23m --> Spurs) and Suarez (£17m --> PSG) due to wage demands, but with Muniain and the regens for ST and a good GK regen I should be fine. Also sold Skrtel and the Johnsons. Love to rip up a European Cup winning side.

My squad is left as-

GK: Necmi Bozkurt ® / Jack Butland / Owain fon Williams

RB: Kelly / Flanagan

RCB: Coates / Wisdom / Herbst ®

LCB: Agger / Fernandez ®

LB: Robinson / Shaw / Ebbrell ®

CDM: Lucas / Coady

LCM: Henriksen / Henderson

RCM: Gerrard / Suso / Shelvey

AMR: Sterling / Rook ®

AML: Nyarko / Maier

ST: Muniain / Nwaogu ® / Morrison ®

Might sign Carson on a free as GK back up

In my 3rd preseason, won league twice, carling cup twice, champs league once, fa cup once, have 77mil to spend, squad is as follows...

gk - reina/regen

defenders - vertonghen, g.johnson, kelly, robinson, agger, carra, coates, k.papadopolous, enrique

midfielders - lucas, henderson, eriksen, hazard, gerrard, regen, a.johnson, c.adam, kagawa, sterling, hulk

strikers - suarez, cavani, neymar, cardozo

any suggestions on where to strengthen?

have a few more promising regens 15-17

Does Andy Carroll Stats ever increase? I've played him alot during the first 1 and a half seasons and despite him scoring and performing, i don't see any increment in stats

You need to focus them.

Custom training + focus. Try Stamina, then Speed, then Finishing/Composure.

I'm now in November of season 2. Season 1 ended well, with a domestic treble in the bag. Season 2 has started in a similar way, with a few bumps along the way. By October I found myself sitting in 3rd, with a game against Man City (top) to come. I have found City to be immensely frustrating to play against at times. Last year they beat me 5-3, after I'd pulled it back to 3-3. I wanted to start hard and fast, so I switched from my usual 'control' to 'attacking'. Kept it as such for the whole game. Best decision I've ever made as we ran out 6-0 winners! Needless to say this delighted the fans :)

Qualified top of my CL group with two games to spare after 4 successive wins. Pushing on nicely in the Carling Cup too, and I've just beaten Fulham 5-0 in the league despite having 10 men for 65 minutes. Big Andy is banging them in now thanks to a successive run of games.

Transfer wise I've stuck to my original targets of keeping things predominantly British, although I did splash the cash on Javi Martinez in the summer (great buy!) and I'm picking up Christian Eriksen in January, with Tom Huddlestone completing a 15m move away to Man City. My reserve team are top of their league, my under 18s are currently 3rd, one win away from top. I'm very happy with my team so far. I have good squad depth, but we'll see what happens in January as City are sniffing around a lot of my players!

I envy the people who manage to win the league in the first couple of years. Managed to finish 3rd in the first season and lost in the FA Cup final to Spurs. Currently in Feb, second season and sit in 4th.

Man City are just running away with the league this year and only recently lost their first game of the season against Chelsea. I tend to batter 90% of teams and had a run of 20 odd games unbeaten but my early stumbles against the big teams has cost me it seems. Thankfully I'm doing well in the cups and have another final to look forward to, this time against Chelsea in the League Cup.

Im at a dilemma fellas.. Man City are about to come in for Johnson, Skyrtle and Agger.. No chance of Agger going, but im thinking of moving on the first 2 mentioned. Im about 10 games into my second season, sitting top atm. Advice guys ?

Skrtel could be sold without being missed IMO. I'd keep Glen though unless you've got someone better.

Last season Flanagan was tops when he had a run in the side, gone on loan second season though, so thinking of moving Johnson on at the end of the season, Flanagan and Kelly i think sorts RB for awhile. Skrtle though has been immense for me, dunno who i could bring in though, but the money issue would mean i could only buy for what ive sold as ive got no money left!

Anyone had any luck in getting a new ground. In the 2019/20 season now, had quite a lot of success recently and have £162m in the transfer budget just sitting around doing nothing. But despite selling out the 55,000 seater Anfield every game, the board can't expand the stadium and won't build a new one. Finance isn't an issue, as I've said there's money just sitting there. Anyone know if there's anything to kind of hint the board into building the stadium, other than cheating of course?

Archived