FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Liverpool_FC.svg

Liverpool Football Club is an English Premier League football club based in Liverpool, Merseyside. Liverpool has won eighteen League titles, second most in English football, seven FA Cups and a record seven League Cups. Liverpool has won more European titles than any other English club, with five European Cups, three UEFA Cups and three UEFA Super Cups.

Liverpool was founded in 1892 and admitted into the Football League the following year. The club has played at its home ground, Anfield since. The most successful period in Liverpool's history was the 1970s and '80s, when Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley led the club to eleven league titles and seven European trophies.

The club's supporters have been involved in two major tragedies. The first was the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985, in which charging Liverpool fans caused a wall to collapse, killing 39 Juventus supporters. In the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crush against perimeter fencing.

Liverpool has long-standing rivalries with neighbours Everton and with Manchester United. The team has played in an all-red home strip since 1964. The club's anthem is "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Anfield is an association football stadium in the district of Anfield, Liverpool, England, with a seating capacity of 45,276. It has been the home of Liverpool F.C. since their formation in 1892 and was originally the home of Everton F.C. from 1884 to 1892, before they moved to Goodison Park. Used as a venue during Euro 96, the ground has also hosted numerous England internationals at senior level, and is scheduled to host matches during the 2015 Rugby World Cup.

Over the course of its history the stadium has gone through various stages of renovation and development, resulting in the current configuration of four stands: the Spion Kop, Main Stand, Centenary Stand, and Anfield Road. The record attendance at the stadium is 61,905, which was set in a match between Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1952. This record was set before the ground's conversion to an all-seater stadium in 1994; the changes, a result of the Taylor Report, include greatly reduced capacity. Notable features of the stadium include two gates named after former Liverpool managers: Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley. A statue of Shankly is situated outside the stadium. Anfield's public transport links include rail and bus services, but it lacks dedicated parking facilities. The ground is 2 miles (3 km) from Lime Street Station.

Plans to replace Anfield with a new 60,000-capacity stadium in adjacent Stanley Park were initiated in 2002, with a provisional opening date of August 2005. Subsequent problems with securing funding for the project, and the state of the financial market since 2008, make it certain as of 2011 that football will continue to be played at Anfield for at least a few more years. Fenway Sports Group's acquisition of Liverpool in 2010 has made the construction of a new stadium doubtful, as they have hinted at a preference to redevelop Anfield.

steven_gerrard_1.jpg

Our very own Captain Fantastic, no introduction require for one of the worlds global superstars.

jamie-carragher.jpg

Vice captain of our great club and a legendary figure in the hearts of liverpool fans all over the planet.

Prospects for the future

Raheem Sterling

Suso

Jonjo Shelvey

With a Title challenge you will only gain 2 million transfer budget being upped to 2.7 million should you decide you can win the title.

With such a small transfer budget, there is limited things we can do to start off with so here is the review for the current players we have.

Goalkeeper

We have reina, arguably one of the best goalkeepers on the planet, Doni a decent back up but getting on a bit and Brad jones who in my opinion, should be sold immediately.

Defence Centre

Carragher, the rock at the heart of the liverpool defence for a long time, Daniel Agger a key player for the team and one of the first names on the team sheet. Martin Skrtl, Another quality player and along with Coates who will in the future be a key member himself, the centre back position is sorted.

Full backs

Glenn johnson, the best rightback at the club and with martin kelly pushing for his place, he will have some competition as kelly will be his natural successor.

Jose Enrique would naturally be the first choice at left back due to aurelios age and injury proneness, but dont disregard aurelio as he can be quality back up along with Jack robinson in the future.

Midfield

Steven Gerrard, the first name on the sheet without doubt, arguably one of the best players in the clubs history, Lucas Leiva, the best defensive midfielder in the squad and also a brilliant player for our first team. Charlie Adam, the creative spark we have been missing since our very own Xabi Alonso, a good player and can be utilised well along with Jordan Henderson who will be gerrard successor due to his great potential.

Also, a 20 million pound signing from Aston villa we have Stewart downing, huge things are expected of him and he will be first choice for that left wing, Maxi rodrigez can be used as an impact player although even though he is 30 still pure quality.

Strikers

Now, the men who put the ball in the net. The big man Andy Carroll, the most expensive player in our history a perfect target man due to his strength and aerial ability.

Luis Suarez, The uraguyan Messi and out very own Trickster, Great amounts of flair, pace and technical ablity. Craig Bellamy a good player with a lot of pace but at 31 how long can he keep that up?

Training Schedules

SG32201 Training V1.1

Any there you have it, the 2012 version of the liverpool thread. Happy posting boys.

You'll never walk Alone.

[video=youtube;T00x5sRbZrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T00x5sRbZrc[/url]

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice OP there mate. :):thup: You'll probably edit it a bit more when you get the all info you need from the Demo. I'd just like to suggest to centralize your pictures as it would look better IMO. :thup:

Let the race begin! : D

Very nice OP there mate. :):thup: You'll probably edit it a bit more when you get the all info you need from the Demo. I'd just like to suggest to centralize your pictures as it would look better IMO. :thup:

Let the race begin! : D

Of course, will be editing the post as more information comes my way.

Is Jordan Henderson any good? Players usually get a boost in CA or PA or both once they move to a bigger club.

JordanHendersonOverview_Profile.png

Potential to be a good player. Side note, i love how you can ask players to retire from internationals now, i just got Dirk Kuyt to retire from international football :D

Yes i would assume so, i already have kuyt tutoring Sterling and gerrard currently injured so unable but im sure i saw it when i asked kuyt to tutor sterling. might have been suarez, but one of them was able to tutor hendo.

I hope so I like to do one save as a top EPL team and will be doing Liverpool this time round.

Can someone explain what the 'scouting pool' is? Clearly some kind of a new feature RE the scouting that I've missed.

Not certain on this, but i would assume its a group scouting sort of thing. like a few of your scouts all looking at him at once?

Just loading up the demo finally :D

Nice one, let us know what you think.

The whole look/layout of the game is better IMO. Some of the youth are looking really good, I don't think I will be buying too many players although you never know ;) just wondering what past experience does everyone start with ? I always choose automatic and it has given me a regional reputation :) I done it a few times to check if it was random but it gave me regional every time anyway a bit more challenging.

Am loving the new player profile screen, all the information in one go no clicking between tabs and I like on the assistant report the way it gives you the role for the player

Archived