Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

I'm playing right now with Juventus and I like the new addition of the team meetings and I like that your assistant manager tells you in what role your player is best at (for example, Pirlo is recommended as a deep-lying playmaker. Del Piero as a trequartista...).

I don't like that I think Italy transfers are again broken. No Inter or AC Milan players are interested in joining my team.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really annoys me that e.g. when I am searching for players then click on a player looking at attributes, contract and so on. Then when I hit the back button I go back to the last picture and not the player search window. Is there a workaround for this?

Steam sucks.

1) FM is the only game I play in my laptop so having to install Steam is ridiculous.

2) It took me almost ten minutes (and I'm not a big noob) to find the button to download the demo.

3) I won't have the cute icon in the games folder because it's installed via Steam...

4) I'd like a game where in order to play I just had to click the icon and the game starts. You know, like all previous FMs until now...

You realize people will still illegally download the game. If your Steam strategy doesn't work the most likely result is you have the same amount of sells as last year but you'll have a lot more disappointed customers. Like me.

And I haven't played the demo yet!

1) Big deal... you download one more thing, the fact you don't have much on your PC makes this less of a problem.

2) It took me 30 seconds, click on store and type in Football Manager 2012 Demo. not hard at all.

3) Don't know what a cute icon is so I won't comment.

4) You can still put games on your Desktop, if you haven't logged in then it will give you the screen to do it and open your game straight away.

• SI Staff
It really annoys me that e.g. when I am searching for players then click on a player looking at attributes, contract and so on. Then when I hit the back button I go back to the last picture and not the player search window. Is there a workaround for this?

You can change this behaviour in the Preference screen by disabling 'Enable Full Player Browser History'

First impressions are very positive.

I wish the Tutorial had been available when I bought my first FM: I remember sitting staring at the Home screen, thinking "where do I click now. Well, not there at least" and swearing a lot. The Tutorial seems to give a really solid introduction. Though I did get irretrievably stuck a couple of times and had to quit the tutorial. Probably caused by me rushing because I was so keen to start the game proper, but ideally you shouldn't be able to get yourself stuck in a tutorial.

The new interface looks good, feels intuitive and it's a great relief that the 'back' button finally works as you'd expect.

The match animations look much smoother too. Overall I'm very impressed with my first look.

Loving the new international round up thing, so much easier to get the stats up etc. Well done SI, pretty impressed by the demo so far!

Though reports of lots of goals from corners is worrying, would be a real killer if it hasn't been fixed from FM11, made it nearly unplayable for me

If this has been mentioned then sorry, but I am not going to read 400 + posts! :o

Once you click on a player, and click on their attribute tab, under personal details their value is a series of numbers, there is no denomination, e.g. £ sign. Maybe this is intentional, but it looks rather messy to me and stuck out like a sore thumb. For example Messi's value in his profile is £36m, yet in the attribute tab, under personal details his value is 35953591. It does not evem have any commas in. Just a series of numbers to represent his value. It may be correct, but I cannot see how it is.

Any reason why I may be getting crash dumps already?

Could you open a thread in the Technical issues forum please, with some more info - let us know under what circumstances the game has crashed, and if you could provide your computer's DXDIAG information as well that'd be helpful (instructions here)

So i live in Germany and i know there is no Steam access to the FM games from here. I have ordered the physical game allready (for the 20th year in a row now :)) so that i have no issue with steam other than activation of course.

Anyways, it would be great if the demo could be uploaded through another platform like torrents or like the previous years, so that as a customer i can have access to the demo now. Im sure that im not the only one in this unthankfull situation!!

Thank you

It looks nice so far.Playing for a few minutes and didnt notice any bugs or something major that must be fixed.

Before i will get to review this game i want to know if the player attributes have been changed from the last release ?

Thanks in advance.

Can you have a look in this thread to see if any of these solutions help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues

If not please post a thread in the Technical Issues area of the FM2012 Bugs Forum and one of my colleagues will help you out:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

Verifiying game cache did not work either.

just to let yous all know, my girlfriend thinks we most all be really really really boring. and shed rather nail her head to the floor a play this. any messages for her?

Tell her to get back to housework !! :) This is MAN'S business !

You don't even need to hear to know that it's a great game again -especially tactics screen is close to perfection- but i have a problem with the textures of the classic 2d match view: font of the player names is disturbingly shiny, and it's really hard to see the shirt numbers.

If this has been mentioned then sorry, but I am not going to read 400 + posts! :o

Once you click on a player, and click on their attribute tab, under personal details their value is a series of numbers, there is no denomination, e.g. £ sign. Maybe this is intentional, but it looks rather messy to me and stuck out like a sore thumb. For example Messi's value in his profile is £36m, yet in the attribute tab, under personal details his value is 35953591. It does not evem have any commas in. Just a series of numbers to represent his value. It may be correct, but I cannot see how it is.

Shows as 36M in both screens for me, let's wait and see if anybody else sees it as you do.

i am downloading the demo right now whilst playing fm 11

now my computer is pretty fast

a friend has steam so i know exactly how to use it

all i have to say really is that the fact i MUST use steam is just stupid its the worst thing SI have ever done

it is absoloutly pointless

and if you think that steam will stop people from stealing the game then you are wrong because i personally know people who can get games from steam for free using a hack account

I personally really dont care about using steam i already had it on my computer due to my brother all i had to do was make a username

but i am struggling as to why SI have implemented it

My only gripe so far is that the ball seems harder to follow on the 3D graphics. Ok if its in the part of the stadium in the shade but in the sunny part its hard to spot, espescially as I have my match speed quite fast (2 or 3 notches from the fastest setting). Was easier to follow in FM11 on the same speed.

first impressions was there was a lot of info to look at, but when you set things up you can get it working much like Fm11 which is good for me. Match engine looks nice only played a few friendlys but so far so good. Team meetings are a fantastic thing i look forward to exploring them in more detail, messed up a few team talks by clicking on the wrong options so ill have to be more careful in the future, all in all so far so good.

hi downloaded in less then an hour,no problems.just picked my team,looked at arsenals media prediction,4th i think that is unrealistic with the players they have sold.email icon is toooooo small,makes my eyes sore.now going to get into game,just like to say thx very much to everyone at si for this grt game.i am disabled,i dont get out much so this is just fantastic for me.i will say to anyone that doubts steam,like i said i had no problems,first time for me using steam.it downloaded easy,i pressed play and booted up perfect.

Archived