Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Can't wait to play. The one thing i like about steam is its download speed, which uses my full 17meg bandwith. Only going to take 15min to download .

This is well exciting! I'd planned a boring day of reading all day tomorrow and now it's all gone out the window! Hooray for SI exceeding all my wildest FM dreams year on year...

Can you not try and set up a new account?

Not a new Steam account because it recognised my email account.

So I've had to set up a new email account just to satisfy Steam. That can't be acceptable, surely?

In the tactics 'menu', you can see various options on how to view players, condition, stats, moral etc. One of these options is Assistant reports. Here it lists what looks to me like the players best position, role and duty. Am I reading that right?

I want it in Slovakia, now please, i'll be ever so good :) bored and want it for my flight home tomorrow

No! This year it's steam exclusive!

Yeah? Well it looks like I won't be buying it this time. Hopefully next year will have a hard copy too.

In the tactics 'menu', you can see various options on how to view players, condition, stats, moral etc. One of these options is Assistant reports. Here it lists what looks to me like the players best position, role and duty. Am I reading that right?

Yeah, the assistant suggest what the players best role and duty and ratings are.

The download takes 3 hours from Steam.

It should speed up. It won't take that long. Hang in there. Could be your download connection too, what speed is your broadband?

still not populated and available in the US

Just copy and paste this in the run command -> steam://install/71280#

Yeah? Well it looks like I won't be buying it this time. Hopefully next year will have a hard copy too.

It won't. Digital distribution is where everything intangible is headed. Enjoy FM11 forever!

you can have a hard copy this year, it's just gotta be activated by steam to work

Yep, and should be showing even more information if you're on a higher resolution.

Just copy and paste this in the run command -> steam://install/71280#

You sir, deserve more than this, but please accept :applause: :applause: :applause::lol:

can someone please help me, the demo works but the picture doesnt fit my entire laptop screen, and because of this there are two big blank like, columns either side where the game has not fitted the screen correctly. also when i come off the demo a notice pops up about 'optimal resolution notification', and that this is not the optimal resolution for this primary display device, mine apparently is 1366 x 768. I didnt have this problem with any other fm games. would be greatful for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Yeah, the assistant suggest what the players best role and duty and ratings are.
Yep, and should be showing even more information if you're on a higher resolution.

Thanks chaps, excellent little feature. What other options will it show on a higher resolution. I play in windowed mode so I can quickly switch to internet if I want/need to.

can someone please help me, the demo works but the picture doesnt fit my entire laptop screen, and because of this there are two big blank like, columns either side where the game has not fitted the screen correctly. also when i come off the demo a notice pops up about 'optimal resolution notification', and that this is not the optimal resolution for this primary display device, mine apparently is 1366 x 768. I didnt have this problem with any other fm games. would be greatful for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Have you tried playing in full screen mode?

You sir, deserve more than this, but please accept :applause: :applause: :applause::lol:

i agree completley

Thanks chaps, excellent little feature. What other options will it show on a higher resolution. I play in windowed mode so I can quickly switch to internet if I want/need to.

Personality, ability and potential ratings. Of course you can make your own custom views..

Still not available in Ireland.

Just letting ya's know.

You sir, deserve more than this, but please accept :applause::lol:

No probs mate! Although tbf someone else found that out before I did (on page 1 iirc) and I reposted it on page 2 :D

The demo isn't downloading though. It's only going up to 86kb/s..bloody useless uni internet! :(

No, only via Steam, please read the FAQ before asking questions.

Is there only one version of the demo this year, or is there a "vanilla" version coming for those with tiny ISP bandwidth allowances?

As people have said, if you can't run it in your region try entering:

steam://install/71280#

into your browser or your 'RUN' box, this in turn will launch Steam and should download the game.

"steam://install/71280#" that's what you need to run the demo

Put this into RUN box on your PC after installing Steam and it will work in all regions (except Germany/Koreas etc)

Any tips on how to improve download speeds? This is killing me right now.

Make sure that the server Steam is using is your nearest one, by going to Steam, then Settings and the Downloads + Cloud tab. The Download Region should be set local to you.

if i start a demo and then continue it in the full game, can i add more leagues etc

Yes. Although iirc it will still be in a small db.

Any tips on how to improve download speeds? This is killing me right now. I didn't know my Internet was this bad.

steam settings then in downlaods tab change servers to something nearer to you if it's already near you try another server

mine went from a london server at 876kbps to a manchester server at 1.6mb/ps

Make sure that the server Steam is using is your nearest one, by going to Steam, then Settings and the Downloads + Cloud tab. The Download Region should be set local to you.

Thanks man, I'm a Steam noob.