Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

I've been using it for 10 minutes and I've had enough.

Player profiles are comical. The most important part about them are the attributes and it looks like they've been squeezed in, text everywhere you look. Appearance info for the season removed, replaced with a useless apps/goals section that doesn't even show assists or average ratings, so meaningless if I'm looking at a defenders profile for instance.

Assistant report ruined, not clicking every position to find the best player, what was wrong with the quick and easy report for the formation I've set up to play.

Tactics screen is a horror show. New text is horrid and harder to read.

Sorry but whoever has designed this wants sacking. Those are my thoughts, take it on board or not but I'm not happy with this.

But just 10 minutes!? I need to have a year to get into a new game and I always surprised that the new game is better than the previous. And Im like you in the beginning.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ you lot whine don't you. Yes it's gonna be slow downloading. 2GB doesn't just appear. Steam is merely an install thing no different to any installer. You don't need to leave it running. You sign up to the forums, you can sign up to steam. Nobody is forcing you to leap upon the demo the moment it is announced.

*deep breaths*

Can't wait to see it. I'm gagging for the resolution aware skin :D

Christ you lot whine don't you. Yes it's gonna be slow downloading. 2GB doesn't just appear. Steam is merely an install thing no different to any installer. You don't need to leave it running. You sign up to the forums, you can sign up to steam. Nobody is forcing you to leap upon the demo the moment it is announced.

*deep breaths*

Can't wait to see it. I'm gagging for the resolution aware skin :D

People like to whine when stuff does not work with 1 click.. :\

First impressions:

Positive:

-Looks like there is some really neat info available! Love the previous results graph.

-Team Meeting! First thing I tried, worked pretty well, wonder how it will work long term (and whether it can be exploited)

-Changing colour of stats! Works well, although a bit of a hassle to find something suitable, but once that's dialed down it makes things that much more pleasant.

Negative:

-The email headings on the left side (so I guess it can be called inbox) are too small, really difficult to read, especially with the stark contrast

-Contrast in general, it already starts to hurt my eyes - Just found out there is also a dark skin will try that next.

On top of that I had to re-download FM11, so in a way I'm just glad I didn't have 166 games in the library...

You don't have to reinstall all your games in your library even if you uninstall steam as it leaves all your game folders intact. They will still be there in your steam folder, Steam/Steamapps/Common/ to be exact :) Which is nice.

small issue, during a free kick the opposition wall lined up on the wrong side of the free kick taker, and the keeper was positioned behind them, giving my player a clean strike on goal, was the intra squad friendly tho, but still not very good

the game itself looks sexy, feels sexy, and I'm enjoying looking for players to sign :)

• Administrators
is there a way to put the demo on a usb once downloaded, or does Shteam Mclaren force me to download it three times over (specially good for people with download limits)?

No, it's linked to your account but I'm afraid for each new system you'll need to re-download.

I don't know if the suggestion to increase download speeds works, Neil, because I let it run for the first 10% using the London server (I'm in Glasgow) and I was getting 500 kb per second. I then changed it to the Manchester server and it dropped to 250 kb per second, and now that I've changed back to the London server it is refusing to return to the 500 kb per second I was initially getting. Confusing.

Still, it's only going to take an hour or so. I'll crack on with my FM11 game in the meantime.

is there a way to put the demo on a usb once downloaded, or does Shteam Mclaren force me to download it three times over (specially good for people with download limits)?
Yes, copy \Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 demo

• Administrators
I've downloaded the demo and now Steam won't even load up for me!

I'm stuck every time with a black steam box on my desktop saying "Connecting steam account: xxxxxxx" Any help or suggestions?

Try the following as suggested here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7241-EYON-2343

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
can anyone help just opend my stream to download the demo i click on download and nuffing happines

Check your 'Library' to make certain it's not downloading in the background. If not, I'd suggest signing out of Steam, signing back in and trying again.

Initial thoughts? I planned on finishing coursework so I could hand it on Monday.... You have now screwed that up for me and I won't be going to university as I'll forget to do all my college work.

Still downloading mind... So could be jumping the gun a bit.

I'm really liking it so far. The new player profile confused me at first, but it's obviously going to be useful to get a good idea of how good a player is with a quick glance. The attributes are smaller, yeah, but are all available on the next page if you can't read it for whatever reason, and the positions picture and all the information on that page will be helpful. The match engine looks decent, nice change of camera angles and I liked the change for the penalties. Never really got a really good sense of how penalties were on the last one, and actually looking forward to a shootout :p

Once people get used to it I imagine they'll find it more useful. The tactic screen is still easy to use, as is the transfer center. I'm liking it so far :)

Can't get the demo to start. I get a "Error: Undable to find some essensial data". I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the demo, and the cache thing. I have a Intel i7 and some 12 GB of memory. This is why I don't like Steam.

Archived