Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

Buying an import version ("buy a disc copy and you can activate it from anywhere") like you said is kind of a workaround too, so I meant it in a possible, non-illegal way.

The proof part implied I'm addressing SI, not encouraging anything shady. My fault I guess, next time I'll just write an e-mail.

Yes, I understand that and I'm not inferring anything shady:) there is no workaround that complies with the restrictions in place in Germany and the TOU, but an email/PM to somebody like Neil Brock would certainly be worth it if only to get absolute clarification.;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize if this has been mentioned but I'm not going through 17 pages to check. ;)

During the match if you go to the tactics screen it doesn't give the updated players condition, for example at half time it will show the players condition from the start of the match. To get the updated condition you have to refresh, ie click on something then go back to the tactics screen.

Not a game breaker but at first I was going onto the tactics screen to bring some subs on but decided not to because the players weren't too tired, I now realize that's not the case.

Edit: I do have screenshots if required.

Just played a couple of months:

Positives:

- Team talk seems better

- Player page has all important info on one page

Negatives:

- Still too easy to score from corners? My DC scored a hat-trick and is my top scorer. I haven't done any changes to the corner tactic.

- Offside after corner. This was something I noticed in FM11 as well: the corner taker is almost always in an offside position after taking the corner. It is a bit stupid that he does it several times a game.

Just played a couple of months:

- Offside after corner. This was something I noticed in FM11 as well: the corner taker is almost always in an offside position after taking the corner. It is a bit stupid that he does it several times a game.

I've actually seen this toned down alot in my game, hardly ever caught offside anymore

Just a quick question and may be a stupid one.

In my game the only graphics that are loaded are the ones i have personally put in. No kits, fake badges or shadow faces are in the game. Is this to do with the demo or am i missing something in the prefrence screen.

@Jonas in prefrences you can change the screen it goes to.

Is there a way to make it default to the Attributes Screen, rather than the profile screen, when you click on a players name? I do like the profile screen, but it doesn't give a full breakdown of the stats, which I like to look at?

You have a choice in the preferences to choose between the profile screen and attributes screen, there choose attributes and it will go directly to attribute screen.

I've heard nothing so far about Youngsters willingness to go on loan, any demo-gods tried or is it not really an option on the demo? (demoless :()

Cheers

xxx

I started a Man City game to see what its like and so far not one youth player has refused to go on loan to any team, most going to league 1 clubs. Dont know if thats any different to before to be honest.

Loving the demo so far, my only 'niggle' really is that after coming from FM2010 it's like an explosion in a stats factory. Information overload!

It probably doesn't help that I'm on a small monitor - I'm guessing there is a way to prune info fields from, say... a player profile?

In FM2011 I used the assistant-manager suggestions a lot from the tactics screens.

It especially helped me a lot when I started a LLM game.

Although I can not find it anymore, is it just me? Is it removed, replaced ... ?

Overall the demo looks good. still finding my way around some of the new layouts, and have to confess cannot find some areas I used before. For example, you used to be able to clear your team selection, what happened to that button it's not there anymore ?. or is it, but somewhere else.

Like the transfer offers all coming together that's a good improvement

hope the dark skin comes with the full game, as hate the lighter skin.

I always play the game in 'elevated' camera angle and annoying with the stadium roofs getting across the screen, top quarter of the screen, is that a bug or just the camera angle view only.

Think it's good to have the demo to get used to the new features, but frustrating as you feel in limbo as no point carrying on with FM11 game, and demo only part season, so takes away the point to me, but expected that, so roll on 21st!!!

very glad to see you can copy across your FM11 tactics, although it will need to be tweaked a bit.

overall great work SI, looking forward to the full game.

• SI Staff
Has anyone from SI said why the tone system wasn't implemented in the Boardroom Conversations or the individual player interactions?

It is implemented in the individual player interactions?

Boardroom conversations are a bit different in that they're meant to represent a formal conversation so the tone system didn't quite fit, we might review this for future versions though.

I think the biggest win is in scouting. The active search, or how you call it, is very helpful. Raising the pace you look for and immediately the players that have that pace (or higher) get filtered. Also the star-rating in the player report that compares the scouted player to the players in your squad is very handy indeed.

Biggest failure: International managers still have to work for the honour of the job: WHY NO CONTRACTS LIKE IN REAL LIFE?

I know for a fact that Guus Hiddink has made a fortune managing South Korea and Russia. Silly thing international management contracts are still not in the game...

It is implemented in the individual player interactions?

Boardroom conversations are a bit different in that they're meant to represent a formal conversation so the tone system didn't quite fit, we might review this for future versions though.

Thanks for the answers Ant.

Yes sorry, that's lack of looking at it properly on my part, I had gone into the player discussion menu and the first screen is the same, but when you choose what you want to say to them, you get the tone, sorry about that.

I can see where you're coming from on the boardroom conversation aspect, although I do think that sometimes it would be useful to be a little bit more forceful, or to equally kiss their ass a bit more in the hope that next time you ask they might be a bit forthcoming!!

One further question though - and you might not have an answer yet, but will there be a release day patch to address some of the issues discussed on here?

Was managing City, and tried to bring on Tevez as a sub - he agreed, went on to play well and scored, so his morale increased.

This is obviously a bug.

1) Tevez would never agree to coming on as sub

2) He would never display any happiness post-match, ever.

i have one enquiry don't know where to put this and i did not want to start a new thread so

this is it if i created a basque league in fm11 it will work fine however athletic bilbao will be in ruins since of the hardcoded second nationality only rule will have all their best players leave for nothing on a free with no chance of extending their contract since they are not basque? what? even their youth intake half of them i can't even give a contract to when i joined them in 2020. in 10 years of playing they only won the basque cup once and never won the league,

its annoys me since whats the point of making a basque league if their best team gets ruined and there is nothing you can do?

what am asking is will that be fixed in 2012 edition though i highly doubt it.

One thing I posed in a separate thread (and apologies if it's been answered already in this one), but will there be any way to carry on a demo save with the full version with attributes masking on? Or will I have to start over to have attributes masked?

Love the way scouts come with already prepared shortlists, as they should. Match engine looking smoother and less chances created through defensive errors, although the goal kick/header/one on one disappointingly still remains, as does the amount of chances created from corners and set pieces.

One thing I posed in a separate thread (and apologies if it's been answered already in this one), but will there be any way to carry on a demo save with the full version with attributes masking on? Or will I have to start over to have attributes masked?

Love the way scouts come with already prepared shortlists, as they should. Match engine looking smoother and less chances created through defensive errors, although the goal kick/header/one on one disappointingly still remains, as does the amount of chances created from corners and set pieces.

Dissapointing :(

This was the same for FM 11 but on the home screen, can we at some point have an arrow in the top right hand corner of the inbox so we can change it to 2 other boxes - such as training levels / finances etc?

homescreen_inbox.jpg

It takes up so much room and I never look at it - I check my inbox by going to the news screen.

For those of us that don't have large resolutions I think it would be a nice option to have ;)

How come the wide play option "hug touchline" still doesn't work for central players? These "on the ball" positioning options should be looked at and maybe even expanded on (once fixed that is). It is completely ilogical for 3 central defenders to stand close together when the goalie is looking for a passing options (goal kick / quick throw etc). You should be able to tell the defenders to provide width (with wide play options), so the goalie doesn't have to kick it up every single time (when playing a 3 man defence).

A similar issue for wide players. If you have a playmaker on either side, you want to "tug in" (ie move central to receive ball), your only option is the default (for playmakers) cut inside, which only happens when the player actually has the ball.

• SI Staff
How come the wide play option "hug touchline" still doesn't work for central players?

That would be illogical, in my view.

Not saying we cant improve the range of instructions in the future but I wouldn't expect something like that to change.

Okay, was enjoying the demo. Keyword being "was". I am on 1st October 2011 and my Aston Villa side have just scrapped a well deserved 1-1 draw at Everton. The game was over I clicked "leave match" and now the processing screen has stuck on roughly 60% complete. It doesn't give me the option to click on browse and the cursor is just an arrow.

Any ideas please?

In FM2011 I used the assistant-manager suggestions a lot from the tactics screens.

It especially helped me a lot when I started a LLM game.

Although I can not find it anymore, is it just me? Is it removed, replaced ... ?

Can someone from SI tell if the team report recommendations are still in?

2nrhafc.jpg

• SI Staff

Suggestions from this section aren't in the team report, but you should have a news item at the start that reads something like "Scouting team welcome you to club", which will give some recommendations. You also get regular recommendations for players to scout in Backroom Advice.

Overall the demo looks good. still finding my way around some of the new layouts, and have to confess cannot find some areas I used before. For example, you used to be able to clear your team selection, what happened to that button it's not there anymore ?. or is it, but somewhere else.

It's still there, if your in the Squad Screen it the button above the sub number called selection. If you in you tactics screen it above the pitch in a box called choose.. (under selection)

Like the transfer offers all coming together that's a good improvement

hope the dark skin comes with the full game, as hate the lighter skin.

Dark Skin is already in the demo, you can change is it the display setting in the preferences

I always play the game in 'elevated' camera angle and annoying with the stadium roofs getting across the screen, top quarter of the screen, is that a bug or just the camera angle view only.

Think it's good to have the demo to get used to the new features, but frustrating as you feel in limbo as no point carrying on with FM11 game, and demo only part season, so takes away the point to me, but expected that, so roll on 21st!!!

very glad to see you can copy across your FM11 tactics, although it will need to be tweaked a bit.

overall great work SI, looking forward to the full game.

Can't help you on that I can only use 2D due to my crap graphics

Will someone please tell me why this game wont start on my notebook. All drivers are up to date and i have everything i need to play it, once i start the game it says it is loading and then nothing happens........ive been though all the FQA's and still nothing

Someone please help me

Havent played the demo extensivly yet, but seems like some of the FM11 problems are still in FM12. What im thinking of is; it still seems impossible to make the DM drop deep in possession as busquets and making the DC hugging the touchline during possession ie making a 4-1-2-2-1 a 3-4-3 in possesion.

And trying to emulate bielsas 3-3-1-3 and AJAX '95 will still be more or less utopia. On a positive note tho, the libero or offensive going dc seems to be more possible with FM12.

It's a shame, in my opinion the ME should be a reflection of todays football. As the football evolves as should FM.

My 2 cents.

Will someone please tell me why this game wont start on my notebook. All drivers are up to date and i have everything i need to play it, once i start the game it says it is loading and then nothing happens........ive been though all the FQA's and still nothing

Someone please help me

Have you asked in here? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/156429-Steam-Problems-FAQ-and-Basic-Crash-Troubleshooting/page8

Suggestions from this section aren't in the team report, but you should have a news item at the start that reads something like "Scouting team welcome you to club", which will give some recommendations. You also get regular recommendations for players to scout in Backroom Advice.

Hmm perhaps I didn't noticed the first welcome message from the scouting team as I wanted to play my first game :)

But still to bad that it is removed as with the backroom advice the recommendations were there some times.

And under the team report they were update constantly.

I'm not very fond of the demo so far but I'll give it some more time. It seems that even the simplest things are now so full of options that we can't do something with just two clicks anymore.

Some of the changes that were made make it simpler and less clicks to get places. But then other options are moved and rearranged so getting to those make it a tedious task of click click click click.

Like the Squad screen, you only have the option of Senior Squad, and Reserve and U18 is burried in a sub menu there.

That's very annoying.

Is there any way to "compile scout reports"?

Currently I am looking at the Scouting. I have to select a person. select a report and then choose "View".

Is there any way to compile all these reports into one screen?

a few thoughts on the demo...probably already been said but anyway....

1 - Director Cam - absolutely wonderful and has actually made me watch more of the highlights than in fm11

2 - New layout - again, i'm impressed, just looks cleaner, although a little too bright at times!

3 - Players actually doing what i'm asking them to do - big improvement this year

4 - Team meetings - good improvement, feels like you're more of a manager - goes hand in hand with the new "tone"....i'm annoyed and i can show it more!!!

I actually cannot wait until i get my copy of the full game....

That would be illogical, in my view.

Not saying we cant improve the range of instructions in the future but I wouldn't expect something like that to change.

illogical? Hmm did you read my examples? It's not illogical that a 3 man defence spreads out so the goalkeeper can play them. It is however illogical that they all stand close together in front of the penalty area leaving the goalie with no options other than kicking it far away.

Maybe there are no current logical "wide play" options for central defenders, but hug touchline (when on the ball) is the closest possible, if you want them to spread out (make a "push wide" option - i don't care - hug touchline was an example with the options currently available).

You must admit it is also illogical to have the option "hug touchline" for ALL central players, and it has no effect what so ever. How come the option is even there, if not to be used?

Let's face it PaulC.. there is a limitation in the ME, when it comes to "breaking" the (invisible) vertical line between central players and left/right players. It's a flaw, and it has to be fixed ;P

illogical? Hmm did you read my examples? It's not illogical that a 3 man defence spreads out so the goalkeeper can play them. It is however illogical that they all stand close together in front of the penalty area leaving the goalie with no options other than kicking it far away.

Maybe there are no current logical "wide play" options for central defenders, but hug touchline (when on the ball) is the closest possible, if you want them to spread out (make a "push wide" option - i don't care - hug touchline was an example with the options currently available).

You must admit it is also illogical to have the option "hug touchline" for ALL central players, and it has no effect what so ever. How come the option is even there, if not to be used?

Let's face it PaulC.. there is a limitation in the ME, when it comes to "breaking" the (invisible) vertical line between central players and left/right players. It's a flaw, and it has to be fixed ;P

While I agree that there is a problem, I don't believe that it should be fixed using an "instruction." It should be fixed simply as a matter of A.I. behavior, e.g. central defenders/midfielders should be able to read the game and spread out wide when the situation calls for it (baring low anticipation/decision/teamwork/work rate etc.. attributes), as happens in real life.

Very odd goings on, first of all I get a message telling me that Steven Gerrard has been "dropped to the England Squad" for poor performances (I think they mean dropped from the England Squad!!) however then the next screen tells me he has been called up?! What's going on??

news1j.png

news2r.png

Archived