Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

On the Opposition Instructions pre match screen the Ask Advice button brings up my Ass Man & both Coaches, all of which are greyed out. The tool tip says that "your coach is not sufficiently skilled in tactical knowledge and is therefore unable to offer advice" (NB.1 of the coaches has a tactical knowledge rating of 10, the others though are very poor).

!?!

Do I need a hugher than 10 rating in Tactical Knowledge for one of them (if so what rating?) or do the staff acquire the insight to make that advice with time?

Check this thread for what it was in FM11. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/274884-Backroom-Advice-Whats-Needed-For-Each-Category

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought there was a way to set your player to be always Box to Box Defensive Midfielder?

Say if I have a formation with 2 CM and I have them both set to Support. I then bring on Lucas Leiva, and he'd be preset to a box to box midfielder instead of support?

1. OI changes as the opposition player changes. OI for Rooney & King won't be same even if they play same formation. Here you can ask other coaches also for the OI. Answer to your real question is NO, coz it's not needed.

2. Now, the tutor can also say no to tutoring. lol

But they can now be set to 'Position' as well can't they?, which would mean all players would take on the OIs when moving to a position that had them set.

That's why I asked if Positional OIs could be saved, as a set or formation or something. It could save a lot of time and clicks!

I thought there was a way to set your player to be always Box to Box Defensive Midfielder?

Say if I have a formation with 2 CM and I have them both set to Support. I then bring on Lucas Leiva, and he'd be preset to a box to box midfielder instead of support?

Its preset to the position per tactic not the player per tactic. You can create three tactics. So if you set your 1st tactic to your normal two CMs, your second tactic to one CM has normal and the second has a box to box. When you bring on Leiva you would have to change the tactic aswell.

So if you bring on Lieva for your CM (Support) he will automatically be that setting you have to change it manually.

Yeah, I thought there was going to be some way to save a role and duty to a player but this clearly doesn't seem to be the case, unless I'm missing something and someone could point me in the right direction. Pretty annoyed I haven't been able to do this, would be so convenient.

I play at 1920x1200 and the text of the squad and player attributes is simply too small is this going to be fixed?.

Also most importantly, Is there going to be the classic skin in 2012 like the one we got for 2011. I don't like either the dark or white skin in this.

Last year the "classic" skin from steam version of 2011 was great.

Any chance of getting classic skin again ?

Apart from that It seems like a highly polished FM2011, which is not a bad thing. I like the little additions that make a nice difference. Good work. My only gripe is the skins as i have stated above. Can I get a yes or no to whether there will be the "classic" skin in the retail game ? Many thanks guys!

I have played FM07 until now so I'm not exactly updated whether this is a (bad) feature or a bug. What happens is that I play commentary only and when I switch tabs during a match the highlight mode sometimes changes from "only commentary" to "full match". Is that the way it's supposed to be?

The new game will take some time for me to get used to but I'll give it a try. The UI is so different and there seems to be so many options I have no idea how to use them all.

Its preset to the position per tactic not the player per tactic. You can create three tactics. So if you set your 1st tactic to your normal two CMs, your second tactic to one CM has normal and the second has a box to box. When you bring on Leiva you would have to change the tactic aswell.

So if you bring on Lieva for your CM (Support) he will automatically be that setting you have to change it manually.

Yeh I know that.

Yeah, I thought there was going to be some way to save a role and duty to a player but this clearly doesn't seem to be the case, unless I'm missing something and someone could point me in the right direction. Pretty annoyed I haven't been able to do this, would be so convenient.

That's what I thought. I could have sworn I saw it in a video blog?

There is a big hole in the game, how can you play if you can easily win 20-30 matches straight ? That's a show stopper for many already.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/277296-Print-Screen-your-last-10-results-on-the-FM-2012-Demo

Didnt arsenal go on an unbeaten run of 40 odd games a few years ago and chelsea had a big run aswell

I believe this shouldn't happen if you play in window mode.

correct it doesn't but on windowed mode loads of important information on various screens gets clipped or squeezed off.

it seems that with next to no new features to announce SI decided to revamp the user interface, its worse now and doesnt work properly.

The clipped off thing sounds odd. Window mode works like in previous versions for me. Maybe worth logging that as a bug in the bugs forum.

will you check something for me, go into windowed mode and look at a players profile (old style), in between the attributes and the stats is the information bar there, because on mine it isnt.

The only way I can get the game to be displayed in a playable manner where all the information is displayed on screen is to use full screen with a resolution of 1024 * 780 but as this is not widescreen it means that there are two massive black bars down each side.

Its most unsatisfactory.

Am I being soft here or is there a bug with squad number selection?

I'm playing as Barca and can't select squad numbers as half the players don't have the selection box to the left of their name.

2icbfxv.jpg

Just want someone to tell me I'm not missing something obvious before I post in bugs forum.

Edit: Just found that this is easily fixable by going to inbox then clicking respond again, they all have the correct info and selection boxes when I returned.

will you check something for me, go into windowed mode and look at a players profile (old style), in between the attributes and the stats is the information bar there, because on mine it isnt.

Like this? Is your vertical resolution lower than 768 in window mode maybe, due to task bar/similar, forcing the game to hide panels?

If not then I have no idea. Bug maybe.

Yeh I know that.

That's what I thought. I could have sworn I saw it in a video blog?

Just watched the tactics blog and listened very careful and replayed it to make sure I had it right the part of the blog is 2:11 to 2:33. Miles talks about the Player Instruction Section. he says This now makes it easier to store player instruction for the different tactics you've chosen, so you don't need to change these instructions everytime you change to one of your other formations.

So what he is saying, I will use my Villa team as an example. Gabby Agbonlahor is an AMRL, ST, if I have 2 tactics set-up 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 one for home and one for away. In the player instructions section, I pick Gabby from the drop down list on the left and then select the formation from the drop down list on the right, so I pick 4-5-1 and set up to play has an inside forward in an AML position and cuts inside. Whilst still on Gabby I can Select the 4-4-2 and set him up has a Target Man in the SC positon. But I have come across a problem though whilst working through what Miles said.

You have to set-up the positions with you the players in the positions because when the formation changes the players move around to wrong positions. When switching from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 the LB move into the DC and the DC moves to the LB, so with that in mind its not saved to a player its still saved to the position because in the Left hand drop down box it only shows the first eleven and not subs.

So if you have a home and way tactic it wont be to bad just have to keep clearing the selection after a match and picking the team from scratch to suit the tactic. It becomes more troublesome in a match if you decided to change the tactic from say a 4-2-3-1 to a normal 4-3-3 then you will have to move players around.

what it like in FM12:

1. the new 3d engine. it's looks great. i really love when a goalkeeper stops shots with his leg.

2.finally!!! i can ask the assistant to rate who's better is any position.

3. the scout reports compare the scouted player to those i have in my team. the next thing i'd like to see is that is if i ask a scout to scout two players in the same position, the scout will compare between them, just like the does with my players.

4.i can choose my own attributes color. a dream come true,

5. the new u-19 european competition

didn't like:

1. the overview (F2) has to many unnecessary information. for example- the team competition screen. i use it to see the upcoming fixture. now the fixture is too small. i'd like it to be like windows: i can't close and resize windows.

2. agent fee:have you ever heard about a deal which was cancelled because the agent wanted more money. if he's the one who makes the deal fall, he will be fired by the player.

3. young players still thinks the deserve first team. i'm playing with Barcelona and Montoya and Barta ask for transfer because they think they deserve to play in the first team. thank god, Soriano doesn't want to replace Messi

The instant search is amazing, although I found it took absolutely ages to get a coach signed for my BSS club - nearly every coach, even the awful ones, wanted no less than £425 a week, when the most I could offer was £375.

The lock in contract negotiations is great, but it's annoying that you can't lock a clause away completely. I've found some players requesting a crazy number of contract clauses - had one add 8 or 9 in one round of a negotiation.

Also, some of them are totally daft - like a player I'm offering a first team status to wanting his wages more than doubled after playing 5 games, or a £0 higher division clubs release clause.

While I was watching my Reserves in 3d a player got injured about 1 yard from the near touchline and 3 yards from the halfway line. After being treated by the physio, they both held the game up by walking the whole way back to the nearest goaline, about 40-50 yards, instead of walking the 1 yard over the near touchline! Bug or not?

While I was watching my Reserves in 3d a player got injured about 1 yard from the near touchline and 3 yards from the halfway line. After being treated by the physio, they both held the game up by walking the whole way back to the nearest goaline, about 40-50 yards, instead of walking the 1 yard over the near touchline! Bug or not?

I'd log it as a bug, shouldn't happen.

Well on FM11 you just seem to be able to keep a player forever just as long as you tell them that the club is going to grow and you want them to be a part of that.

Though sometimes they will get upset(and even then you can just pull your rank) but it's very rare.

I hope it's changed, IRL once a bigger club comes sniffing around it's really hard to keep your players.

I definitely agree -- what are your own experiences playing the FM 2012 demo in the meantime? For what it is worth, it appears that I haven't made up Miles talking about the likelyhood of players more proactively demanding a contract termination:

We’ve increased the chances that players might ask for mutual terminations, such as when a team gets relegated, or if they are near the end of their contracts and transfer listed.

On your home screen Ask Assistant on the top right if its not there then he is already scouting for loans

Thanks mate, its been wrecking my head. just won 1-0 though (with a 16 year old and a 17 year old up front both did average)

How do I found out what under resolution is on windowed mode because on mine the information panel isn't there

Put the game in window mode and press Alt+F9 to take a screenshot, then browse to your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012 Demo/screenshots folder and check the resolution of the screenshot FM just saved. Most image editing software and even web browsers will show this.

ahhahahah seriously... this is exceeding even my pessimism.

first 4 actions in the game (after an "update" actually allowed it to load):

1. realised I could no longer drag players on the tactics screen.

2. went to classic mode, asked Di Matteo to pick chelsea team. He picked 5 at the back, MC, MLC, FC FC FC.

3. held back vomit, opened the "wwfan-creator" and picked a 4321

4. asked Di matteo to pick team, he picked: John Terry MC, Ashley Cole DC, Alex DL, Drogba AMR.

Same problem with my assistant manager.

I'd log it as a bug, shouldn't happen.

It's a known issue and is under review.

• Administrators
Same problem with my assistant manager.

You need to set the formation you've just 'created' as the saved starting formation. The assistant will pick the team for the 'starting formation', that's why it looks like players are out of position.

So far my save is proving to be spookily realistic. Whereas I always manage a lower league team, in the demo I take a biggie to try out the range of features.

So I'm managing Man United and the players are amazingly similar to real life right down to Carrick always passes sideways. The English lads have lowish attributes but are playing well, and Rooney's started with a 'Tevez-head'. First week he was jaded and wanted a holiday so I gave him a week off. He's returned miserable and rubbish. fortunately Hernandez (who didn't bang his head in my save) comes off the bench and scores a winning goal every match. In pre-season a lot of the senior players are 'uninterested' in the friendlies, probably because they're unimpressed with me replacing god. Have to say, I'm lovin' it!

The thing that has really bugged me is when you click on on a player, it goes to that new profile page and it doesn't have the overview box. Is there a way to change ir, so that it goes directly to the attributes or did i just miss something?

The thing that has really bugged me is when you click on on a player, it goes to that new profile page and it doesn't have the overview box. Is there a way to change ir, so that it goes directly to the attributes or did i just miss something?

Yes, and it's already mentioned in this thread about 100 times. :) Go to preferences and change it. (default player section)

Acceleration is a tad overpowered for me. Playing an Arsenal game and I have Theo Walcott as a lone poacher. He grabs me at least a brace or hat trick every game just by winning races. Doubtful the real Walcott could manage that.

Well we won't know that until arsene starts telling his players to play more direct now will we.

Wide players don't like tracking back. This annoys me.

A small thing I noticed about friendlies: When arranging friendlies for the U18 and reserve teams, it's possible to select suggested opponents from the menu, but at the moment it selects the opponents' first teams. It would be nice if this option would let you quickly arrange matches against other teams' reserves and U18s instead.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I play in the dutch Eerste Divisie with Telstar and two things caught my attention as being odd:

1. I'm in pole position after 10 games without paying much attention to tactics and such, just checking out the games possibilities a bit. Telstar is not what you call a promotion candidate in real life, far from it actually (3rd from bottom at the moment IRL). So or the game is too easy, or the potential of the Telstar squad is too high.

2. I sell out my stadium every game, while the last full-house IRL has been in 1991 I believe. The Telstar-board is happy when they manage to attract 2000 people and usually attract a mere 1300 (a third of the capacity) IRL. Other clubs seem to sell out often too. Every club in the league has attendences of about 85% of the capacity or more. In real life only a couple of clubs fill their stadiums on an occasional basis (clubs like Cambuur and Go Ahead Eagles do maybe 2 or three times a year), the rest is very happy when their stadium is half filled.

And another (cosmetic) thing. In the results of a round the goalscorers are shown, but why not add the minutes the goals were scored? that would give an instant picture of the match played.

And although 3d is disabled on my netbook for an unknown reason (FM11 worked fine), I've seen some 3d matches on other pc's and I'm agian surprised at how off the stadiums are in 3d. Play away to welsh amateurs Builth Wells FC and its like youre playing in the stadium of a championship side. Play away to Port Vale and the seets are a very bright white (hard to look at), while Vale Park has dark yellow seats.

After Kriss' advice, I pre-ordered an import version of FM2012 (can show proof if necessary). Is it still not possible to join the Demo fun or is there a workaround?

Sorry but we can't allow talk of workarounds on these forums.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but I play in the dutch Eerste Divisie with Telstar and two things caught my attention as being odd:

1. I'm in pole position after 10 games without paying much attention to tactics and such, just checking out the games possibilities a bit. Telstar is not what you call a promotion candidate in real life, far from it actually (3rd from bottom at the moment IRL). So or the game is too easy, or the potential of the Telstar squad is too high.

2. I sell out my stadium every game, while the last full-house IRL has been in 1991 I believe. The Telstar-board is happy when they manage to attract 2000 people and usually attract a mere 1300 (a third of the capacity) IRL. Other clubs seem to sell out often too. Every club in the league has attendences of about 85% of the capacity or more. In real life only a couple of clubs fill their stadiums on an occasional basis (clubs like Cambuur and Go Ahead Eagles do maybe 2 or three times a year), the rest is very happy when their stadium is half filled.

Could you post this in the Data Issues forum? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276217-Holland-(Official)-Data-Issues

A bit obscure I know but I'm assuming this kind of inaccuracy is data based.

Sorry but we can't allow talk of workarounds on these forums.
Buying an import version ("buy a disc copy and you can activate it from anywhere") like you said is kind of a workaround too, so I meant it in a possible, non-illegal way.

The proof part implied I'm addressing SI, not encouraging anything shady. My fault I guess, next time I'll just write an e-mail.

Archived