Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

That's a really great addition, i agree that most players were far too loyal on previous FM's.

That is something that wowed me, too. But remember that this is Mounir El Hamdaoui we're talking about. Still, an increase in player, transfer AI and agent aggressiveness would certainly make the game more exciting than before right off the bat. Maybe it was tweaked, maybe it wasn't, and maybe Miles talking about an increased likelyhood of players demanding a contract termination after relegation was all in my head.

What is your experience on the matter compared to older FMs?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The font at higher resolutions is quite annoying, yes, just can't force myself to play the demo right now. A built-in font option would do WONDERS for the game, at least with the last year's font included. It'd be a real pity if I'd have to go to the modders to read in a different font!

On the Opposition Instructions pre match screen the Ask Advice button brings up my Ass Man & both Coaches, all of which are greyed out. The tool tip says that "your coach is not sufficiently skilled in tactical knowledge and is therefore unable to offer advice" (NB.1 of the coaches has a tactical knowledge rating of 10, the others though are very poor).

!?!

Do I need a hugher than 10 rating in Tactical Knowledge for one of them (if so what rating?) or do the staff acquire the insight to make that advice with time?

Please excuse the *BUMP* but this is really important to the way I play the game....anyone?

That is something that wowed me, too. But remember that this is Mounir El Hamdaoui we're talking about. Still, an increase in player, transfer AI and agent aggressiveness would certainly make the game more exciting than before right off the bat. Maybe it was tweaked, maybe it wasn't, and maybe Miles talking about an increased likelyhood of players demanding a contract termination after relegation was all in my head.

What is your experience on the matter compared to older FMs?

Well on FM11 you just seem to be able to keep a player forever just as long as you tell them that the club is going to grow and you want them to be a part of that.

Though sometimes they will get upset(and even then you can just pull your rank) but it's very rare.

I hope it's changed, IRL once a bigger club comes sniffing around it's really hard to keep your players.

I already put this on Bugs forum (Other issues) but none seemed to care.

Id for player Sandy Martens has changed from 0 to 1. This is not a big issue, but it made me suspect that other players could have their Id changed. And THIS can be a big issue for facemakers.

Has any other player changed Id INTENTIONALLY (except duplicated people by error)?

Loving the Demo so far here is my feedback...

+

Teamtalks / individual player interaction is great

AI/ME seems largely improved e.g ManU played a complete youth/reserve team against me in the first rd of the cup - nice touch

Players full info on one page - no clicking various screens to access clauses etc etc

Shouts on 3D - Players seem to react to what your instructing them to do

I like the fact theres loads of info , makes the playing experience more in depth

The whole game runs more smoothly

-

I'm a bit disapointed with the transfer system , I like the changes but the transfer windows still seem to come and go without anything exciting happening , would love alot more excitement more speculation ,players/agents/chairmen getting much more involed , and deadline day deals , I like how FIFA have implemented the real life deadline day this year

I mean , its the most exciting part of the game and IRL

All in all I'm well impressed and can't wait to play the full game.

I noticed reading through the posts about Dynamic searching? , have read most blogs ,have I missed something , how is it done?

:thup:

I already put this on Bugs forum (Other issues) but none seemed to care.

Id for player Sandy Martens has changed from 0 to 1. This is not a big issue, but it made me suspect that other players could have their Id changed. And THIS can be a big issue for facemakers.

Has any other player changed Id INTENTIONALLY (except duplicated people by error)?

There was an issue with Sandy Martens ID = 0 and Captainship in new added clubs when you did use the editor in FM2010 and FM2011. This could be the reason for this specific ID change.

Hi, im in Ireland and the demo link is not working, any idea's?

Try entering the following:

steam://install/71280#

into your browser or your 'RUN' box, this in turn will launch Steam and should download the game.

According to steam, I played the demo for 11 hours today. >.>

First impressions are pretty good for the demo. I've grown very attached to my FM10 save but I think I might be picking up FM12 in the future it looks like SI did good this year (not saying they didn't do good last year).

What I've liked the most so far is the amount of interaction I have with my players, coaches, the board etc. It definitely adds a level of immersion to the game and that is only a good thing (....well maybe a bad thing as far as my homework is concerned).

I've not had any issues so far so I'm happy.

7) Empty space where?

Anywhere, basicly. We should be able to right-click on any empty space to get a default tree with options such as Team, Tactics, Transfer Center etc. to take me where to go without moving my mouse to find the appropriate icon. It should even be customizable, so if I want to be able to go to, say, the chairman board screen, I could add that in.

Another great feature would be, if we could use the mouse in a more intuitive way, like many of us do browsing the web, by using mouse gestures. I have FM set up with "Stroke it", a program that enables me to make mouse-gestures work within FM12. That enables me to hold down my middle mouse-button while scrolling down to get to my team. If I instead scroll up, I advance in game time - it's more of a continuous motion than explained here. If I press the middle scroll-key on my mouse to the right while dragging the mouse in the same direction, I instantly get to my tactics, and if I instead drag up I get to the transfer center and so on. That saves me a ton of clicks and prevents me from moving around with the mouse too much while making it possible to navigate the game easily without the need of having my keyboard within range.

I suggested this last year as well, so maybe there is a reason it isn't in the game?

I hope it makes sense, and thank you for your reply. I look forward to hopefully one day see some of my suggestions make it into the game.

Just downloaded the demo, after install, i went to play the game and had a nice message, telling my my graphics card is too low to run in 3d, so will use 2d version, apart from that the game is better than 2011. can't wait for the game to be published, will need to change my comp or do a serious upgrade,

What do people think of generated players when playing on a small/medium database?

They seem far too good for me. Just had a look at some South Korean teams and all of their generated players could quite easily get in the Man Utd starting 11.

Hi, on my Mac I cannot load up the demo after downloading it through Steam. I think it's because I have an older Mac with a rubbish (read:non-existent) graphics card.

Would that stop me from loading the game completely? Previously it had only stopped me playing in 3D.

Hi, on my Mac I cannot load up the demo after downloading it through Steam. I think it's because I have an older Mac with a rubbish (read:non-existent) graphics card.

Would that stop me from loading the game completely? Previously it had only stopped me playing in 3D.

Might be worth asking here; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/156429-Steam-Problems-FAQ-and-Basic-Crash-Troubleshooting/page8

The font at higher resolutions is quite annoying, yes, just can't force myself to play the demo right now. A built-in font option would do WONDERS for the game, at least with the last year's font included. It'd be a real pity if I'd have to go to the modders to read in a different font!

You will need a third party skin, which may not be available immediately after release. Or ever.

1st impression!

Love the new match engine, looks so much better and more realistic.

Hate the new UI, looks like they have gone out of their way to make us have to click around to find and access the info we need.

The UI used to be one of the areas FM trashed all other manager games. Now it's just as clumsy as UI in other footy management games.

Maybe with some more playtime it will get more familiar. Before it only needed one or two clicks on the mouse to access any info. Now, first you have to hire a private investigator to find it and then it takes lots of clicks to get there.

Just to give one example, why is there a dropbox ith all the selected players with all this free space? Why isn't the list of players expanded under whats there and you just click once to jump to the player? Its nothing gamebreaking at all, but its like this all over the interface and when you add it up it gets anoying.

baddesign.jpg

• SI Staff

The only criticism I have so far is the same one I had last year: why are the Canadian teams in MLS listed as American? Surely it can't be that difficult to have the proper nationality of the teams represented? Although, having said that, I seem to recall the Welsh teams in the Football League/Premiership show up as English... so, maybe it is difficult after all? Either way, an explanation would be nice.

The flag displayed for clubs it to indicate the nation of the league that they are playing int.

• SI Staff
no major flaws - once got stuck and had to holiday for a day due to some strange contract/registration bug (I offered professional contract to yth player, he accepted and I was left with response-required team registration news, but - probably because the registration period was over - I couldn't register the squad. Will try to reproduce this to see whether this is league-specific issue, or more general bug and than post it in bugs section.

This is something that we have reproduced and are looking into. Thanks for the information :thup:

I noticed reading through the posts about Dynamic searching? , have read most blogs ,have I missed something , how is it done?

Anyone ? any help gratefull appreciated :thup:

It basically means, that the search results will be instantly visible as you search, not after hitting a "confirm" button as it used to be.

Just one gripe that has stopped me from playing the game - the back button function seems to have been changed, meaning instead of leaving the profile page of a player to go back to player search, the screen will first go back to everything you've clicked on that player, e.g player history, reports, training etc. Is this staying in for the full game? Is there maybe a way to change this?

Just one gripe that has stopped me from playing the game - the back button function seems to have been changed, meaning instead of leaving the profile page of a player to go back to player search, the screen will first go back to everything you've clicked on that player, e.g player history, reports, training etc. Is this staying in for the full game? Is there maybe a way to change this?

It can be changed to work the old way in Preferences, it is explained somewhere in this thread.

EDIT: This

You can change this behaviour in the Preference screen by disabling 'Enable Full Player Browser History'

Bug 1:

Just realised the TV bug has still not been fixed from FM 2011. Will this be fixed for the release of the full version?

I'm referring to the bug where in the premier league for example, there will be some weeks with no televised games and some weeks where all games are televised.

Bug 2:

napolivmanutdinformatio.png

Bug 3:

unledwja.png

This is looking at Man Utd's results on two different pages. One page says Man Utd won the game 1-0 and one page says Spurs won the game 1-0.

Why do SI continue to add new features that clearly dont work properly and also referring to Bug 1, why are well known bugs from FM2011 not addressed? Its going to be another FM full of bugs by the look of things because i've only spent 20 minutes on the game and found these ones already. I'm already seriously considering not buying the game because last year the final patch was still full of bugs and those bugs have been carried over to this new version which will undoubtably be full of more bugs of its own. SI Games, you need to spend a year sorting out the game before bringing out new features because the game is so incomplete that its unreal.

Can anyone help me? I've never used steam before, I've downloaded Steam and registered etc, I have then downloaded the demo as well but every time I try to open FM2012 all I get is this:

Football Manager 2012 v 12 . 0 . 1 f 225816 quit unexpectedly

I've tried using the Verify integrity of game cache feature on steam to no success.

I'm trying the demo on Mac.

Thanks

Bow x

SI Games, you need to spend a year sorting out the game before bringing out new features because the game is so incomplete that its unreal.

Errrr.... What new features? :confused:

You might argue that loading new leagues during a save-game is new feature, but that's about it then...

Bug 1:

Just realised the TV bug has still not been fixed from FM 2011. Will this be fixed for the release of the full version?

I'm referring to the bug where in the premier league for example, there will be some weeks with no televised games and some weeks where all games are televised.

Bug 2:

napolivmanutdinformatio.png

Bug 3:

unledwja.png

This is looking at Man Utd's results on two different pages. One page says Man Utd won the game 1-0 and one page says Spurs won the game 1-0.

Why do SI continue to add new features that clearly dont work properly and also referring to Bug 1, why are well known bugs from FM2011 not addressed? Its going to be another FM full of bugs by the look of things because i've only spent 20 minutes on the game and found these ones already. I'm already seriously considering not buying the game because last year the final patch was still full of bugs and those bugs have been carried over to this new version which will undoubtably be full of more bugs of its own. SI Games, you need to spend a year sorting out the game before bringing out new features because the game is so incomplete that its unreal.

I would log these in the bug section, SI are going to find them better there...

Can anyone help me? I've never used steam before, I've downloaded Steam and registered etc, I have then downloaded the demo as well but every time I try to open FM2012 all I get is this:

Football Manager 2012 v 12 . 0 . 1 f 225816 quit unexpectedly

I've tried using the Verify integrity of game cache feature on steam to no success.

I'm trying the demo on Mac.

Thanks

Bow x

Try booting from the exe in Steam, (path to mine shown below)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012 beta

1st impression!

Love the new match engine, looks so much better and more realistic.

Hate the new UI, looks like they have gone out of their way to make us have to click around to find and access the info we need.

The UI used to be one of the areas FM trashed all other manager games. Now it's just as clumsy as UI in other footy management games.

Maybe with some more playtime it will get more familiar. Before it only needed one or two clicks on the mouse to access any info. Now, first you have to hire a private investigator to find it and then it takes lots of clicks to get there.

Just to give one example, why is there a dropbox ith all the selected players with all this free space? Why isn't the list of players expanded under whats there and you just click once to jump to the player? Its nothing gamebreaking at all, but its like this all over the interface and when you add it up it gets anoying.

baddesign.jpg

Space for rent....... lol...

Don't have the demo so would be grateful if someone could help me with the following;

1) Can Opposition Instructions set to Positions be saved for future use?

2)Anything interesting in the tutorial about Tutoring?

Cheers

xxx

1. OI changes as the opposition player changes. OI for Rooney & King won't be same even if they play same formation. Here you can ask other coaches also for the OI. Answer to your real question is NO, coz it's not needed.

2. Now, the tutor can also say no to tutoring. lol

wont be buying it this year, for the first time.

my com cant support the 3D graphics and i hate 2D. im disappointed.

Whats the spec of your computer? If you were able to play fm11 then you should be able to play this one as well as I believe the specs for this game as virtually the same. Perhaps all you need is an update to your graphics card drivers.

brilliant demo so far although one thing i dont like is if during a match i switch over to internet, (ie facebook or twitter), the match freezes and doesnt carry on. Sometimes when 2 or 3 nil up i like to switch and check for updates and come back when the match has finished. Will this matter be resolved for the full game?

brilliant demo so far although one thing i dont like is if during a match i switch over to internet, (ie facebook or twitter), the match freezes and doesnt carry on. Sometimes when 2 or 3 nil up i like to switch and check for updates and come back when the match has finished. Will this matter be resolved for the full game?

It's a known issue yes.

1. OI changes as the opposition player changes. OI for Rooney & King won't be same even if they play same formation. Here you can ask other coaches also for the OI. Answer to your real question is NO, coz it's not needed.

2. Now, the tutor can also say no to tutoring. lol

Asked my new midfielder to tutor my young Gary Gardner his reply was we didn't get on with him.

Archived