Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That could be percieved as trying to distrubute the game in Germany though. They can't, they'd love to but it would be against the law for them to offer any "workarounds" for those in Germany.

Why, it was possible in the past and no-one said anything.

• Administrators
can someone from SI tell me how i can cancel my reserve league? or do i need to wait until the full game and the end of the season?

i'd rather pick my own friendlies than be in that inconvenient league

That's something you decide before the new season starts/is scheduled. You'd have to finish the first season first :)

Seems it's not possible to go on holiday on a match day in FM12, which means I can't do my usual FM11 trick of starting a game, checking we were going to win it easy (e.g. we were 2-0 up after 10 minutes) and going on holiday to finish the game quickly.

Bit annoying this, it was one of the things I did all the time in FM11 to speed things along.

I have downloaded the demo and encountered a couple of problems... however after verifying the game cache i hope these problems will now be rectified! However I have just noticed that steam is now downloading another 40.5mb for the demo, is this due to verifying the game?

• Administrators
I can't find the coach's preferences :(

I need to let my assistant to take control of friendlies..

It's Team Policy under the Team button on the menu bar :)

I have downloaded the demo and encountered a couple of problems... however after verifying the game cache i hope these problems will now be rectified! However I have just noticed that steam is now downloading another 40.5mb for the demo, is this due to verifying the game?

Yes if you have verified the cache

For download speeds also check your own Internet provider account. Some ISPs throttle download speeds or in my case i'm with Eclipse and they have a traffic controller i can change to prioritize certain actions. I changed it to the gamer selection which boosted my download speed to what it should be rather than the P2P setting i had left it on which lowers gaming related speeds and boosts P2P related speeds.

Slightly annoying change, when you minus down the game during a match, it used to continue the game, now when you minus it down the match pauses itself? anyway to turn this off? For the boring games I used to just browse the internet whilst they were playing out, kinda annoying now I can't, but thats my only complaint :)

Very impressed so far; my congratulations to Sports Interactive.

I only have but a few minor quibbles so far, the most irksome of which concerns the new `club profile`screen. Every time I click on a club name – Basel, for instance -- I'm instantaneously transported to the club profile page. Whilst this is undoubtedly an interesting and worthwhile page that contains much useful information, I'd prefer if I were directed to the squad page, much like in previous versions. I do like the club profile page, but I'd rather for it to be the secondary to the squad page. Whenever I navigate other clubs, it is usually with the intention of accessing the squad screen in order to review their players, etc. As it stands in FM 12, this task requires an extra button press (the same if I use the right button). Not much, it seems, but over time it becomes a significant amount of unwanted clicks.

• Administrators

I only have but a few minor quibbles so far, the most irksome of which concerns the new `club profile`screen. Every time I click on a club name – Basel, for instance -- I'm instantaneously transported to the club profile page. Whilst this is undoubtedly an interesting and worthwhile page that contains much useful information, I'd prefer if I were directed to the squad page, much like in previous versions. I do like the club profile page, but I'd rather for it to be the secondary to the squad page. Whenever I navigate other clubs, it is usually with the intention of accessing the squad screen in order to review their players, etc. As it stands in FM 12, this task requires an extra button press (the same if I use the right button). Not much, it seems, but over time it becomes a significant amount of unwanted clicks.

Go to your preferences and you can change this, on the Default Team Section shown preference, in the upper right side. :)

As it stands in FM 12, this task requires an extra button press (the same if I use the right button). Not much, it seems, but over time it becomes a significant amount of unwanted clicks.

Preferences, General, Default Team Selection = Squad.

Solved :D

Can someone from SI tell me if the preffered formations for regen managers have been tweaked this version? I mean no more 3-5-2, 5-3-2 and anything with 3 at the back? Preferrably replaced with 4-2-3-1' and 4-3-3's ?

After fighting with steam for 3 hours about where I am born; :mad: for getting my password back. Created a new e-mail account. I don't know what to do with this new account. :confused:

Waiting for demo to download or whatever the steam is doing.

The steam experience as expected. :thdn:

Exactly the experience I reported above. not just me then.

I had to open a new email account just to download the demo.

Now trickling along at 30-50 kb/s. Will take all night.

Not good at all.

I'm playing right now with Juventus and I like the new addition of the team meetings and I like that your assistant manager tells you in what role your player is best at (for example, Pirlo is recommended as a deep-lying playmaker. Del Piero as a trequartista...).

I don't like that I think Italy transfers are again broken. No Inter or AC Milan players are interested in joining my team.

This is always a problem at Juventus because of intense rivalries with these (and other) clubs. It becomes most annoying a few seasons in when you are trying to poach their best youngsters.

Hate living in the countryside with slow broadband :( Been downloading since 7, and it's done 9%! Keeps going too 88kb/s (fastest it seems to go) for about 2 minutes, and then will drop to 0kb/s for 2 minutes. Looks like early morning for my FM time :(

Question. When I run the game in full screen mode, it appears in a square in the centre of the screen, with a black border down each side (like watching an old TV programme on a wide-screen TV.

When I run it in windowed mode, the bottom of my FM window is "hidden" behind my Taskbar, and I can only change the size of the window horizontally, not vertically.

Neither is acceptable.

I'm running the game on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 7, and the screen resolution is 1366x768.

Any help gratefully accepted!

• Administrators
Question. When I run the game in full screen mode, it appears in a square in the centre of the screen, with a black border down each side (like watching an old TV programme on a wide-screen TV.

When I run it in windowed mode, the bottom of my FM window is "hidden" behind my Taskbar, and I can only change the size of the window horizontally, not vertically.

Neither is acceptable.

I'm running the game on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 7, and the screen resolution is 1366x768.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Can you please head to the UI bugs forum and post a screenshot of the full screen issue please?

You should be able to run the game ok in 1024x768 windowed mode - if necessary you can try auto-hiding your task bar.

Let me know how you get on, cheers.

Can someone from SI tell me if the preffered formations for regen managers have been tweaked this version? I mean no more 3-5-2, 5-3-2 and anything with 3 at the back? Preferrably replaced with 4-2-3-1' and 4-3-3's ?

We try our best to replicate the starting values, we won't kill off the more odd-ball formations though. It would be boring if there wasn't another Bielsa :)

• Administrators
Hate living in the countryside with slow broadband :( Been downloading since 7, and it's done 9%! Keeps going too 88kb/s (fastest it seems to go) for about 2 minutes, and then will drop to 0kb/s for 2 minutes. Looks like early morning for my FM time :(

This may help - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7131861&viewfull=1#post7131861

Archived