*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Licensing

What if we didn't have a license for, say, the French league and as a result we couldn't have it in the game?

I was only talking about the "cosmetic" part of the license (kits, logos, facepacks).

Do you mean, that you must have a license for the leagues?

I deduce that those not mentioned are not licensed.

That would mean no North- & South-American teams, no Asian (India & China?) and a loss of quite some European leagues... with the Belgian league as the number one league being missed *cough cough*. :(

I really hope that's not true! No Belgian league -> even less people here buying it :(

No license for correct competition names or player pictures does not mean that the league will no longer be playable.

No need to panic, I'm sure that the crazy world of Belgian football can be enjoyed in FM12.

No license for correct competition names or player pictures does not mean that the league will no longer be playable.

No need to panic, I'm sure that the crazy world of Belgian football can be enjoyed in FM12.

Yeah, this is something i like to understand.

Is there 2 kinds of licenses? One type for the league (so that we can play with that league), and another type of license for the logos, names, pics of that league?

Unless there is an exclusive agreement with a company other than SI (like with Japan), every league and team can be represented. To be able to display logos, names, pic etc of a particular league, SI need to have a licensing agreement with them.

That is my understanding of how things work ;)

No games have an SFL license. On a personal level it would be great to be able to get one but you can't always get what you want.

I expect you'll be waiting a long time.

What if we didn't have a license for, say, the French league and as a result we couldn't have it in the game?

I don't think it's got anything to do with Konami. Is the J-League even in PES? I thought it was just in Winning Eleven but I've not been following it much these days.

Completely ignored the A-League issue.

Why does that not surprise me.

Looks like another year of moronic board decisions based on having a split competition instead of the actual competition.

Completely ignored the A-League issue. Why does that not surprise me. Looks like another year of moronic board decisions based on having a split competition instead of the actual competition.

This just proves that SI don't care for the Australian market, however I would like to attempt and modify/create my own proper Hyundai A-League with MagicMastermind124 Editor Add-On however I don't know where to start, I have asked him if possible to create an Australian Project like he did back in FM10/FM09 (can't remember which) however he doesn't do projects anymore.

If SI ever get their act together and fix this issue (5 yrs straight) with the A-League (Parent Competition) and National Youth League (Child Competition) then fans of the series could attempt creating/expanding the lower state leagues by copying the format/coding used in the A-League. I know with Victoria the VPL has the same format as the A-League (Regular Season/Finals Series with relegation for the bottom 2 teams from the league), however the lower divisions use the same format as European League football with promotion and relegation.

I just wish SI would actually respond to Australian complaints, considering Miles has told me that Australia is as important as the American Leagues and more effort is applied to these markets rather than the European markets.

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

Im just thinking outside of the box, but surely SI can create ALL leagues, teams, both domestically and international, and then just disable them and its upto the user to enable them at their "own risk" as it were?

I dunno how it all works and basically just sticking my oar in..

Not having EPL license never bothers me. As long as we don't end up going down the route of ProEvo and calling them silly names then iit's still Man Utd to me. I know what the badge looks like, I know what the players look like. Don't need a constant reminder.

I agree

I did used to change the English Premiers Division to English Premiership, but now I no longer care

As long as the correct club names are there, I don't care what SI do with the naming of the leagues (call it English Top Division for all i care)

• 2 weeks later...

Why in gods name does the Premier league officials keep giving the Premiership License to EA for the Club badges to only be used on their game? Fifa manager is no where near popular as Football Manager and Football manager was top of the gaming league for the majority of this year with FM11, surely the Premier League would get more money if they were to either let EA and FM share the license or just give the license to us.

• 1 month later...
I was only talking about the "cosmetic" part of the license (kits, logos, facepacks).

Do you mean, that you must have a license for the leagues?

Can someone from SI please answer this question? We keep talking about licensing, but it would be great if someone from SI explained on this thread what types of licenses we are referring to. I think most people agree that what is important is having real club names for every league. If the name of the league is official or not, or if kits, logos, and facepacks are present, is a different issue.

Is SI required to obtain licenses from specific leagues just to have the names of real clubs in the game??

I understand that they have been acquiring more licenses for kits, fixtures, and official logos for every team. Disregarding official logos, official fixtures, facepacks, or official kits, etc......does SI need a license just to use real club names?

Archived