OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - GUI pt 2

• SI Staff
Very interesting to note that SI are using a real names fix of their own, with npower League 1 and such!! And all of the team badges!! If only it was released like that!!

Whatever do you mean? League 1 (and Championship and League 2) have been in our games for a good few years now with the correct names and team badges?

• SI Staff
I just ask, because, in FM2011 you can change.

I know that it doesn't make sence if we are allowed to change the talk... just trying to make sure :)

As Miles said, there will be more information on the team talks coming up. But you should be able to get a preview of the logic from those screenshots :)

On the Transfer Centre 3 picture. Why is npower Championship listed under all the French clubs? I never really look at the Transfer Centre in previous games so maybe I am being thick and don't get how it works, but it makes it look like those clubs are in the npower Championship.

Overall it is looking good, and now I ahve a new 1920x1080 monitor I can take advantage of the extra horizontal space over my old 1280x1024 res. Probably take a lot of getting used though.

New GUI looks awesome. One of the best features so far in my opinion. The tactics/picking-the-squad screen looks much much better, the little floating windows with the player attributes is a great idea, likewise for the dynamic player search without having to open a new window for the filters. Even the dark skin looks great.

The only thing I disliked from the screenies were the team talks which seemed slightly over-complicated, I'm not a huge fan of this whole tone system and the dividing of talks between defenders/midfielders/attackers. I also thought the news item of the key players for the season was a bit daft and an unnecessary extra click, but it's not a huge deal.

I must admit to being slightly skeptical about the GUI Blogs as I thought that a few interface modifications would mean nothing to me as I was more interested in the content of the game but this has caught my attention.

It looks very slick and the additions to the interface look to have made an actual impact on how I would play my game.

Very Impressed

• SI Staff
I could have sworn that the normal release doesn't have npower, or the npower logo in it?

Yup, they were in last year. And the Coca-Cola ones for a few years before that.

Loving the skin color changer

This

I love the fact that you can actually change the skin of different things now rather than downloading different skins. Love how you can alter the looks of the different areas.

Love how a lot of it all has been condensed into the same view as well. Like in the tactics screen where the Match Preparation is now and that you can click on the "i" next to the players name to see their attributes - all this rather than going into the different other screens like how it is now.

Loving the way it's all looking so far :applause:

Archived