A Message On Football Manager 2012 Activation

I absolutely never once questioned your reading skills?

I questioned the way in which you followed the instructions, which in the way you posted how you applied the steps it seemed to me you didn't fully follow them.

I already said I accept you followed them fully and there is another issue at play.

And there was. There is a bug in the latest update of Steam.

Your remark on how easy it was to make a search suggested that you did. Now, I urge you to start using your brain and refrain from that sort condescending attitude - for gods sake, is that really too much to ask?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda seems like your over reacting without knowing whats going to happen.

Your right tho you cannot have two steam accounts on one email address, but really how long does it take to set up a hotmail, two mintues at most? You wont even process a day after a few seasons in FM11, infact you could them both at the same time!! Unless your steam client is slowing your computer down too much.........;)

To play FM12 you need to do three simple things;

install FM11,

click play :)

lol totally agree, and I thought we were heading for an arguement there! ;-)

I did the same to an extent. Except I've never used steam since the 09 issues. My main issue is with the lack of choice though.

I decided I wasn't going to not play FM just because I have a poor opinion of Steam, tried it and liked it.

I just think people with actual issues are getting swamped with unnecessary arguing, ranting etc (last part not particularly aimed at you).

I didn't know my password either by the way, took me under 30 seconds to get into my account after I clicked can't remember password or whatever. So there are issues for some people, but for what I imagine is the vast majority, Steam seems to be fairly user friendly.

Yes fair enough, I havent given up yet though. Almost Steam time!

Firstly, I know it's irritating but it might just all go like a well oiled machine, secondly if they hadn't gone this route of DRM they'd have gone at least one other, so instead of X,Y & Z you'd just be doing L,M & P which could have been even worse given the historical evidence (FM09)

To be fair Kriss my whole attitude regarding DRM (Steam, Unilock or whatever) is spoiled by the FM09 debacle. I knew nothing of DRM's before then and had no opionion although a few naysaying posts before release day did bother me a little, but that whole activation "apocalypse" (drawing a few stings from the more pro-Steam generation there - lol) made me hate DRM.Am trying to be positive, am not throwing toys out of prams but my FM11 experince is now going smoothly (3.5 patches on) - its a combination of these factors that makes me a little FM12-intollerant right now.

tigerhgrrrrrr - look at it this way, while there is a possibility that Steam maybe problematic to set up for 10 minutes/an hour/a day, FM2012 will keep you entertained for a year. I have no feelings towards Steam one way or another - it is a means to an end - but the end result seems to far outweigh any possible problems at the start, if you even experience them.

It would be a shame to end up wondering if you have missed out on something.

True, and reassuring. Thanks.

lol totally agree, and I thought we were heading for an arguement there! ;-)

There is no need for us to argue over it mate, lets just hope steam sort out any issues they may be having soon!! :)

for what its worth my offline steam is working as well, but then its been set that way for months, maybe there is an issue switching between them at the moment for some people, like i say tho steam should release an update soon.

How bizarre! i've just gone into offline mode, gonna go back online, check im updated, and see if i can do it again

EDIT: I can get in and out, has anyone else tried to see if they cant get into offline mode?

It seems to only be affecting some people not sure of the technicals about it, but mines is working fine as well. Long may my steam luck continue :)

To be fair Kriss my whole attitude regarding DRM (Steam, Unilock or whatever) is spoiled by the FM09 debacle. I knew nothing of DRM's before then and had no opionion although a few naysaying posts before release day did bother me a little, but that whole activation "apocalypse" (drawing a few stings from the more pro-Steam generation there - lol) made me hate DRM.Am trying to be positive, am not throwing toys out of prams but my FM11 experince is now going smoothly (3.5 patches on) - its a combination of these factors that makes me a little FM12-intollerant right now.

I think FM09 left us all a bit shell shocked, I seriously see this as more pain free once the initial stage is out of the way.

sorry for posting more but looking more into the steam issue it appears to be an account issue and will only effect some people, obviously not much help to those having a problem but rest assured its an issue they are aware of and are working on.

now where did i leave my cheque from Valve??...........

I think FM09 left us all a bit shell shocked, I seriously see this as more pain free once the initial stage is out of the way.

Unreal!!!!

Just tried everything as guided. Asks me which city I lie in (in French FFFFFFFFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Then doesnt accept my answer.

Really SI, are you sure this Steam activation thing is a good idea because I am near to saying bye bye right now. Taking ten to calm down now.

Seems like you skipped a step or two or half did them.
I'm a little annoyed that you don't understand that I am not suggesting you did anything incorrectly.

Let's put this down to a miscommunication on both parts and let it go.

I have no doubt you followed the instructions. I was just replying to your post where it appeared to me that you skimmed a step or 2. You said you didn't so fair enough.

Carry on.

:rolleyes:
Why should I use a 3rd party app to search for things? :D
There you go it's a bug. Fix coming soon.

I don't use search engines as it's a 3rd party app running through my browser and it's internet based so I can't trust it and won't use search engines. :D

Why do you feel the need to make these remarks? They might amuse your chums, but they really aren't clever, and just add to the shed load of repetitive, useless posts that you have already made in this thread. Eveybody is entitled to their opinion, stop trying to belittle people who express one that isn't the same as yours.

Unfortunately I had various but all equally game breaking issues with FM08, 09 & 10. For this reason I no longer buy FM at launch.

:rolleyes:

Why do you feel the need to make these remarks? They might amuse your chums, but they really aren't clever, and just add to the shed load of repetitive, useless posts that you have already made in this thread. Eveybody is entitled to their opinion, stop trying to belittle people who express one that isn't the same as yours.

why bring something up that was already dropped? your post is equally as unhelpful. Kriss already said something, end of that topic

Breath Tiger!!! Its an issue with the latest update they released, you are just unlucky, dont lose faith just yet :)

Seems this problem is over 2 hours old reading back. I'll try but this proves the whole point of contention here - I cannot access Steam!, so I could not activate or play FM (assuming Im not in offline mode). SI have jumped into bed with an unreliable partner and we are gonne have to deal with the ba$tard babies or in my case I just may not bother!!! NOT given up yet but tomorrow will be my last attempt. Shame on you SI, SI read and learn!.

Seems this problem is over 2 hours old reading back. I'll try but this proves the whole point of contention here - I cannot access Steam!, so I could not activate or play FM (assuming Im not in offline mode). SI have jumped into bed with an unreliable partner and we are gonne have to deal with the ba$tard babies or in my case I just may not bother!!! NOT given up yet but tomorrow will be my last attempt. Shame on you SI, SI read and learn!.

When did you last try and login? what issues do you have?

why bring something up that was already dropped? your post is equally as unhelpful. Kriss already said something, end of that topic

I didn't. It wasn't dropped when I responded to the posts on page 35.

It would have been the end of the topic had you asked yourself the same question before posting, thus giving youself the chance to work out why it would be unnecessary to then ask me.

Cheers

xxx

Steam are so incompetent they ask you security questions in what is not your preferred language (and that question contained faulty characters) then tell you you entered less than 3 characters (when you enter 10). SI your credibility is in the hands of muppets!

That is bizarre to say the least. Steam program or are you on the website?

Like i say from reading the steam forum it appears some people are having issues with the client because of a recent update they released, as with FM, sometimes updates dont go perfectly, they will fix it as quick as they possibly can. The issue appears to be related to steam not being able to authenticate your account which may explain why it asked your security question in the wrong language. Valve are not unreliable, far from it, but they do appear to have had an issue that they havent managed to sort out yet.

To be fair to Steam (and I hate to be fair to Steam, because Steam isn't fair to you), the FM09 problems had nothing to do with do with them iirc? 99% of the issues were with either Uniloc's servers going down or shoddily printed serial numbers.

Like i say from reading the steam forum it appears some people are having issues with the client because of a recent update they released, as with FM, sometimes updates dont go perfectly, they will fix it as quick as they possibly can. The issue appears to be related to steam not being able to authenticate your account which may explain why it asked your security question in the wrong language. Valve are not unreliable, far from it, but they do appear to have had an issue that they havent managed to sort out yet.

Well, that's completely unacceptable. Why should an unnecessary third party application be able to prevent you from playing the game you purchased? If it's one minute it's too long.

Next time I dont make it into work I shall say "Im not unreliable, far from it. I just havent made it into the office yet". I do appreciate that your post was trying to help though. FINALLY have opened a new accout (thats 60 mins of my life I wont get back). I am trying to do as I should but why should my experience not be typical? And is this acceptabe? - do remember without DRM you can just put the disc in and play. Anyway I am one step nearer to getting set through Steam for FM12 BUT so far this experience is all I dreaded it to be. To be frank, DRM is a good idea- I just doubt Unilock & Steam are trustworthy enough to make it reliable - or as reliable as would find acceptable, anyway.

To be fair to Steam (and I hate to be fair to Steam, because Steam isn't fair to you), the FM09 problems had nothing to do with do with them iirc? 99% of the issues were with either Uniloc's servers going down or shoddily printed serial numbers.

Agreed, Steam not guilty in 2008 - the process clearly was though.

I really didn't want to buy anything off Steam but Total War: Rome for a fiver, time to rummage down the back of the sofa.

Edit: Dear lord it's worse than I first thought, Total War mega pack for under £12.

Well, when it rains it pours. Stuck in the airport and have been told to wait, looks like it will first be tomorrow that I can get going... :(

The link milnerpoint pointed out is not an official page, but some chat page with some disgruntled customers (how stupid of me not being able to find it and take this page as something official). How does he know that Steam is going through some difficulties since there is no official word on it? This is not something that happened a couple of hours ago, and I can tell you that this is not the first time this has happened to me. I am really glad that some don't have this problem, because therefore this is clearly not a problem at all...

Well, when it rains it pours. Stuck in the airport and have been told to wait, looks like it will first be tomorrow that I can get going... :(

The link milnerpoint pointed out is not an official page, but some chat page with some disgruntled customers (how stupid of me not being able to find it and take this page as something official). How does he know that Steam is going through some difficulties since there is no official word on it? This is not something that happened a couple of hours ago, and I can tell you that this is not the first time this has happened to me. I am really glad that some don't have this problem, because therefore this is clearly not a problem at all...

The link i posted is from the official steam forums, which really wasnt that hard to find,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/unledfag.png/

I never said it happened a couple of hours ago, but like most softwares, problems are not fixed in 5 minutes.

The link i posted is from the official steam forums, which really wasnt that hard to find,

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/unledfag.png/

I never said it happened a couple of hours ago, but like most softwares, problems are not fixed in 5 minutes.

Yeah, but you are comming with statements that Steam has some update problem and that they are doing everything they can to fix this problem - because they know about the problem? You know all this because....?

Next time I dont make it into work I shall say "Im not unreliable, far from it. I just havent made it into the office yet". I do appreciate that your post was trying to help though. FINALLY have opened a new accout (thats 60 mins of my life I wont get back). I am trying to do as I should but why should my experience not be typical? And is this acceptabe? - do remember without DRM you can just put the disc in and play. Anyway I am one step nearer to getting set through Steam for FM12 BUT so far this experience is all I dreaded it to be. To be frank, DRM is a good idea- I just doubt Unilock & Steam are trustworthy enough to make it reliable - or as reliable as would find acceptable, anyway.

A more appropriate analogy would have been going into work but only doing half of what your suppose to. :) (sorry kriss)

Hopefully the rest of your steam experience will be like mine.

Yeah, but you are comming with statements that Steam has some update problem and that they are doing everything they can to fix this problem - because they know about the problem? You know all this because....?

Because i actually spent time on their forums and read posts from their dev's stating so. Its a known issue and its being worked on, there isnt much else they can say at is there?

Because i actually spent time on their forums and read posts from their dev's stating so. Its a known issue and its being worked on, there isnt much else they can say at is there?

So, forum chat should be regarded as official statements? It's a known issue? Where exactly does Steam state that they know about it and are doing something about it?

If you tell me some Forum chat is official then all I can say is: are you kidding me?...

So, forum chat should be regarded as official statements? It's a known issue? Where exactly does Steam state that they know about it and ar doing something about it?

If you tell me some Forum chat is official then all I can say is: are you kidding me?...

To be honest, do your own research, ive tried to help, you clearly dont want it. Like on here dev's have special avatars so they are easy to spot, when they post they are aware of issues and are working on them i take that as valve are aware and are working on the problem. You go into the bugs forum on here and its exactly the same.

Did the Dev say anything about what might have caused it?

There was an ongoing issue with the Beta of the newest build they released which they thought they had sorted before going live with it, obviously they didnt sort the problem out fully, it was a well known issue apparently if you took part in the beta. It seems to revolve around steam not reconising your account for whatever reason, its either trying to access a wrong account or just not finding the account details, but like the most annoying bugs it doesnt seem to happen to everyone, hence why some of us are fine and others are struggling.

I tell you what we have it easy on here, you should see how easy it is to get banned from the steam forums, anyone who moans about the mods being strict here would last 2-3 posts on there!

There was an ongoing issue with the Beta of the newest build they released which they thought they had sorted before going live with it, obviously they didnt sort the problem out fully, it was a well known issue apparently if you took part in the beta. It seems to revolve around steam not reconising your account for whatever reason, its either trying to access a wrong account or just not finding the account details, but like the most annoying bugs it doesnt seem to happen to everyone, hence why some of us are fine and others are struggling.

I tell you what we have it easy on here, you should see how easy it is to get banned from the steam forums, anyone who moans about the mods being strict here would last 2-3 posts on there!

Ah ok, so glad i didnt tick participate in the beta, nearly signed up for it a few days ago

To be honest, do your own research, ive tried to help, you clearly dont want it. Like on here dev's have special avatars so they are easy to spot, when they post they are aware of issues and are working on them i take that as valve are aware and are working on the problem. You go into the bugs forum on here and its exactly the same.

Well, I just read through your link again and I still can't see a single official statement from anybody. I have been subjected to a form of ridicule because I couldn't find this link, so please point out the paragraph that suggests that it is official...

If you are going to come out with statements like "they know, they are working on it, and what not..." and appearing as if you have your official facts straight then I would kindly request that you present them. Everything else is simply a guess on your part...

If it's official, then it's official...

Ah ok, so glad i didnt tick participate in the beta, nearly signed up for it a few days ago

I was the same, i thought about being a good "steamer" but with Fm coming out so soon there was no way i was taking the risk, plus i need to cramm as many seasons as possible in my current FM11 save, new batch of youth coming through you know, theres no way i leave this save behind without watching them grow!!

Well, I just read through your link again and I still can't see a single official statement from anybody. I have been subjected to a form of ridicule because I couldn't find this link, so please point out the paragraph that suggests that it is official...

If you are going to come out with statements like "they know, they are working on it, and what not..." and appearing as if you have your official facts straight then I would kindly request that you present them. Everything else is simply a guess on your part...

If it's official, then it's official...

I never ridiculed you, you said it wasnt an official link, it doesnt come much more official than the steam forum, you said it was hard to find i showed you it was second on the list in google if you tried. There is a whole forum there if your really bothered you can have a look, there is a lot of very useful info on their forums. I am mearly passing over bits and pieces i have read to maybe help a few people or to at least let them know their computer or what they are doing may not be the problem and that even tho they are having issues now it should be fixed.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2133623

Is it this you're after?

EDIT: The link's for Loversleaper :thup:

But this is just another forum chat...

I think you still are not getting the point. I give up, your right, it's official - Steam has a page dedicated to what is wrong/could be wrong/what causes it and officially they have stated they are doing something about it.

My god :o

But this is just another forum chat...

I think you still are not getting the point. I give up, your right, it's official - Steam has a page dedicated to what is wrong/could be wrong/what causes it and officially they have stated they are doing something about it.

My god :o

Read again. It was a question.

Why so upset when trying to help? All you had to say was "no, that's not what i'm after", or something similar.

Archived