Reserve Squad Advice/Help

I'm about half way through my very first year of FM ever. I am playing as Wolfsburg... Ok so I'm LOVING the game. But I just realized I dont understand something... Where is the fixture list for my reserve squad? When do they play? Who do they play? I never see any performance reports from that squad, only from my U19 squad. When I look at the fixture list, it's just blank...

Do reserve squads play the same schedule as my first team squad? I'm worried i'm doing something wrong... Help an American who is new to Football/Soccer please!! Much appreciated!

I'm in the month of February in 2011 on the game BTW.

I think there isn't a league loaded in the game for them so it just simulates stats, something along those lines anyway. Some teams also don't have a team entered into the reserve league but I don't think Wolfsburg are in that category.

You will notice that if you manage other teams that have a team entered into the reserve league that you will get reports and will be able to see stats and fixtures etc.

Hey thanks that makes a lot of sense! I do see stats from my players on the reserve squad, thanks!

I guess that there is no reserve league in Germany. I know that there isn't a reserve league in Italy and it's a real pain keeping everyone match fit. What I've always done when there isn't a reserve league is manually create a match against the reserve team of the next team I'm playing a couple of days either before or after.

In Germany reserve teams play in the regional leagues, or at least they used to, so maybe you didn't load all the German leagues?

Even though he loaded all three German leagues, some B-teams wouldn't be there anyways. I don't know if they can be promoted, but if they can it is through a randomized process.

Even though he loaded all three German leagues, some B-teams wouldn't be there anyways. I don't know if they can be promoted, but if they can it is through a randomized process.

I do not believe I loaded any lower level German leagues. It seems like it's just simulating the matches for my reserve squad, b/c the players are having stats recorded. It just seems strange that I have a fixture list and match reports for my U19 team, but nothing for my reserve team. Just a little strange. But I hoping it's ok and my young reserve players are getting proper amounts of skill development.

No, its not strange if you don't have the lower leagues loaded. U-19s have their own competition, which is automatically loaded regardless, German reserve teams play in a league which you haven't loaded.

Thank you for your help. Do you think this will stunt player development or anything like that?

It might, as people always say when they loan players out to teams in unloaded leagues their development isn't great. One way around it would be to organize a load of friendlies for your reserves, that way you'll be able to keep a better eye on their development.

Is there any way to edit the settings to put your reserves/youth team in a different league? For example, I play with Celtic and there is not a reserve league for any of the Scottish teams. I was wondering if I could put them into a lower division so they could at least get a regular run out? Thanks

Archived