Sports Interactive Community
heathxxx

ANNOUNCEMENT: Steven Fraser (SFraser) - Has sadly died.

This is sad news indeed. I really enjoyed Fraser's guides and he really got me into the game, just as much as Heath has. I've used his guides since FM 2010. I will miss that man's guides and his thoughts on many other tactics. My thoughts are with his family, he's certainly in a better place.

RIP SFraser

I don't frequent this forum much - and when I did at all, it was under a different username - but SFraser's posts and contributions were invaluable to me as a casual member and FM player, in a lot of ways, I relied on them to get the most out of my game. I am sorry for your loss, and for this forum's loss.

RIP indeed

Tragic news. Having the pleasure of reading his posts under a former guise, he was the finest poster on the forums and they'll be a far poorer place for his loss. The beauty of his posts were always the angle he took, the refined perception with which he viewed the beautiful game, which made you think about Football Manager in a different way than before. You couldn't read a post by Steven without it provoking new ideas - and in that sense he lives on in many of us. His unique vision combined with the motivation to explore the ideas and share them with the community, helping so many, even those who didn't think they needed help!, certainly makes him irreplaceable.

My thoughts and condolences go to Stacie and family. RIP.

RIP Steven. I am shocked to have found this out. You will be missed dearly and my condolences go out to the Fraser family and friends. He was one of the most known names in this community and gave much insight into this game. If it were not for him it is possible this game would look completely different today. Although I am not a Manchester United fan I wish them the best of luck in honor of Steven.

With the release of the new FM, I found myself back on these forums again and the first place I looked into was the Tactics and Training sub-forum because I longed for more insightful, thought provoking, inspiring threads from the man many of us looked at as a master. He was a true genius and such a great communicator. I thoroughly enjoyed reading everything he had to say and it often offered me a fresh perspective.

I'm deeply shocked and saddened to hear of this utterly tragic news then upon my visit to the forums right now. Steven Fraser was a man many of us admired and he will be missed.

RIP Steven and my condolences to his dear family for this tragic loss!

Wow, so sad. Really shocking. Haven't been around here in a a couple years and recognize all the contributions he has offered. Best wishes to the family and to Steven.

Jesus, I just learned about this. Awesome bloke who was passionate about the game and shared a lot of his passion with us, and that includes guys from other countries like myself. He will be missed around here, he contributed a lot to our fun.

My thoughts go to the family, I haven't been through the whole thread nor tried to search for more infos, I just hope everything about what happened to him can be cleared up and that they can find closure and mourn him peacefully.

Can't believe I've only just noticed this. Would like to offer my condolences to Stace and family, my thoughts are with each of you.

Steven's insight and enthusiasm shared on this board has made the game particularly enjoyable through the last couple of releases, and he always had time for individual feedbacl and response.

I shall miss him greatly, may he rest in peace having been taken far, far too young.

Didn't check the forum for quite some time, so only just found out about this shocking news.

Used to chat with Steven about the training module and worked with him to generate training schemes...

My sincere condolences to Stace and the rest of the Fraser family.

May Steven live forever in the FM insight that he gave all of us around here...

Hi everyone....I am still so proud to read and keep reading your messages about my brother,i cant tell you how proud i am of him.

I just wanted to give you an update of what has happened,

The man that was arrested for culpable homocide for the death of Steven has been released due to lack of evidence,this has come as completely shattering news to myself and my mum and dad. It has taken nearly 4months for us to find out everything and we still feel we do not have answers....Steven was stolen from us in the most tragic circumstances and I dont think we will ever accept that.

Thank you to everyone for posting on here,my mum,dad and I find some kind of comfort in your messages and for that we are eternally greatful.

Stacie Fraser x

When I first saw this I just stared at it in disbelief. I felt really sad for a long time and didn’t really know what to write. Since then the post has grown a lot and it’s pretty amazing to read it all.

Steven wrote some excellent posts & guides for this game. I’ve never known anyone be so passionate about FM. Reading his guides made you want to go play immediately and he did a great job of showing us all how you could translate the way you wanted your club to play into the game. I can definitely say that he made me love this game way more. He made me understand that if I took my time and took control of every aspect of my club, I would get more enjoyment in the long term. I play this game completely differently now because of him.

This year I’ll be managing the team I passionately support, just like he always did, and I dedicate my save to the mighty SFraser. We’ll all miss you round here, mate. Although I’m sure your family and friends will miss you a million times more.

R.I.P. Mate

Always willing to Help, Him and heath are the first ones to help tactical idiots like us to get going.

Thanks for all the advice mate you will be missed! :-(

R.I.P.

Without a doubt a legend on this form. Always loved to read your posts. They have helped me to really enjoy FM.

Blimey, I had no idea. I gave his articles their own bookmark folder, they were so entertaining to read just on their own. He essentially changed the way I feel about and play the game. Very, very sad.

R.I.P.

Just come back on to the forums after a while. Been playing the FM series and originally the CM series, for years now. Have read lots of Steven's posts and taken tips etc. Very sad news and thoughts are with his sister and family. Very sad indeed.

This is the first time I am seeing this. Terrible, tragic news. But I haven't been in the Tactics section for quite some time for a specific reason. I didn't have a reason to be. My current save on FM11 is working so well that I am basically on autopilot and enjoying playing the game. I love the tactic that I have developed, I am thrilled with training schedules, etc. My current save's tactics, training, etc. are modeled after SFraser's ideas.

I actually went into the Tactics section tonite to specifically to see if SFraser had posted anything new about FM12. And, I see the Memorial thread and, at first, didn't comprehend what I was looking at.

He was articulate, strong willed and had a terrific football mind. He gave a lot of his time, energy and passion for football to these forums. He certainly enriched the FM experience for me and I thank him for that. His insight and character will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to his family.

RIP SFraser

Unbelievable, I'm gob-smacked. Completely lost for words, all I can say is I hope your coping ok Stacie, do your best to stay strong, I'm sure he's very proud of his little sister.

My deepest condolences go out to the rest of his family, he will be sorely missed on these boards.

R.I.P buddy.

I know this is way late, but I've kinda been out of the FM-world for a while, so I just saw this now. SFraser has been around for as long as I can remember pretty much, and I always enjoyed reading his posts. Sometimes I almost thought he was kinda overthinking things, but somehow he managed to make it an interesting read nonetheless. His attention to detail was amazing and even the threads that might not have helped a huge amount on their own still made you think and inspired you to look at certain aspects of the game from a slightly different angle. The new way of looking at things was often all I needed in my games, so his threads have helped me immensely over the years. :)

My condolences to his family and friends. He seemed like a great guy and he will surely be missed by the entire FM community, as I'm sure I wasn't the only one he inspired.

RIP - be strong Stacie for your family. Massive SIgames community here and reading all these posts makes me love the game and the forums even more.

Steven - play FM up in Heaven to your hearts content.

:) x

has sfraser been put into fm12?i thought i read that that was going to happen.

I havnt been around for a while but read many tactical posts from steve, shocked to hear the news to be fair..

R.I.P.. S.F

Wow - that is a big big shock. SFraser poured his heart and soul into FM and his posts were always top notch

RIP Steven

I came into this forum just few months ago, and I haven't been just enough active to read all parts of this forum out...

Today, I've been reading his guides and posts which have been just absolutely fabulous, insightful and intelligent.

After reading all that and learning about his death, I'm just totally shocked and saddened. Considering he was just 27...

All my thoughts will go out to Stacie and the rest of the family. Rest in peace Steven.

(I deeply regret that I didn't do enough to get to know him before his death)

Wow, Sfraser helped me with my 1st ever save on fm2010 with some silly question that someone else had asked and he gave a huge page spread that i still implement parts of today.

Rest up.

P.s. i mimic MrEskola's comment about not getting to know him, all this threads come across as if someone who was destined to pass on knowledge. R.I.P

It is my sad duty to inform regular readers and contributors in the Tactics & Training Forum, that Steven John Fraser, known to everyone here as SFraser, tragically and suddenly died on Sunday July 3rd 2011, aged 27.On behalf of the forum moderators and everyone at SI Games, we would like to express our sincerest condolences to Steven's family.Steven was a prolific and valued contributor to our forums, often providing superb and detailed guides, which no doubt have helped countless forum members enjoy Football Manager as much as we all know he did.The official family announcement can be found here - http://familyannouncements.ajl.co.uk/home/view/328939/fraserOn a more personal note, I would just like to say that I always enjoyed discussing tactics with Steven. We shared a love for Manchester United and often shared both similar conclusions, as well as conflicting ones, about the best ways to play as the Red Devils in Football Manager.I often tried hard to get him to play a lower league save, but could never quite tear him away from his beloved Manchester United! I will miss his great contributions and discussions, as I'm sure many others here will too.RIP mate.Heath
I haven't posted on these forums in well over 6 years. It fills me with great sadness to hear that Sfraser has passed on. Truly he was one of the few who had grown to be valued contributors to the forum.

It's so sad to pass away at 27.Stay strong Stacie.

RIP, SFraser

Loved reading his posts on here. I especially enjoyed the one about getting your team to play a certain type of football with creativity and flair. Made the game much more enjoyable for me. Thoughts go out to the family.

RIP.

I used to come to this forum to download tactics, but it all changed when I stumbled upon his tactically in-depth posts and now I make my own. Suffice to say, he has had an impact on the way I approach this game and is sorely missed by this community.

Rest in peace SFraser.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. He provided a great contribution to these forums and will be sorely missed.

Sad news, so young aswell! :(

He was a great member to the forums, I've read alot of his posts in the past, which helped me alot. He always put alot of time and effort into his posts... he will be missed.

It's hard to believe that we will never see another helpful/insightful post from him ever again.

RIP Steven [sFraser]