Sports Interactive Community
heathxxx

ANNOUNCEMENT: Steven Fraser (SFraser) - Has sadly died.

such a shame, I noticed this thread so late :(

was wondering, why he didnt visit the forum for such a long time. am really shocked about his death, even though Ive never get to know him personally or discussed with him. was a big fan of his training schedules and still am creating my schedules after his system.

RIP MATE

SFraser obviously had an effect on how so many people played FM, but I can actually say that he basically taught me to love football. I didn't know much about the game, got caught up in World Cup 2010 and remembered that there was a management sim I'd read good things about some time ago. Starting FM this way was problematic -- the hurdles that face any new player were dwarfed by the fact that everything I know about football I had learned playing FIFA on a PS1 in the 90s (which is to say, basically nothing). I still remember the first thread of his I discovered (Tactical Analysis of the 4-5-1 Variants) and I was enthralled. I can only think of one thing he was adamant about that I could never quite bring myself to do -- watch entire matches. I tried it for a bit but didn't have the patience. I'm going to watch my next match that way in his honor.

Can only echo what everyone has already said. First time I have posted, and can only wish it was for different reasons. I often came onto this site purely to see if Sfraser had posted and am genuinely shocked with the news. He had a passion for everything football and FM that reignited anyone's dwindling interest in the game and will be truly missed by all.

RIP Steven Fraser.

Shocking news ( i know i'm late commenting) read alot ofhis threads to help me understand the tactical side of FM. always had more info than i thought possible to write on the game.

seen that he has a black ribbon beside his name on his posts. would be a nice touch from SI to change him from Semi pro to something befitting the work he put in for us all to understand the game more

I have only just noticed this thread and apologise for my late comments.........but SFraser was the main reason i really got into this game, i have played it alot over the years, but since reading his fantastic posts, i really got into it...........you will be sadly missed........RIP Mate!

I've only just been notified of this. I'm absolutely gutted for the guy. He was a top lad and had a real insight. Now FM12 is about to be released, he would have been in his element, and loads of us would have been waiting for Steven to give us a push in the right direction as he always did.

RIP mate, you'll be truly missed.

Steve

Haven't been to tactics forum for quite some time if not for FM2012. Shock to see the news. RIP SFaser, your contribution to the FM community will never be forgotten.

I've only just heard of his passing and very shocked and sadded by this, I've never spoken to him on here personlly but like many others on here have read his threads and posts, my condolences to all family and friends of his.

RIP Steven Fraser

RIP SFraser, your guides got me involved into Football Manager, and they taught me most of what I know about FM. You will be missed. Condolence to the Fraser family...

Didn't know you, SFraser, but knew your words and wisdom that you imparted to all of us here. Your unique insight helped me every time to logged on for a match. My condolences to your family and friends. And while this is surely a tragic moment for one so young, the internet is written in ink; your words of wisdom will continue here to inspire new and old players alike. Thank you for the time you gave.

Utterly tragic news. Hits home when you're around that age too and realise it's far too young. Been away from the forums for a while and only just seen this.

Can only hope friends and family find some inkling of peace from the kind words spread on these forums. Sadly missed. RIP.

RIP Steven. My condolences to the family and friends.

I learned so much about the game of football from his posts. Can't even begin to tell you how many were printed out and read away from the computer.

Wow, coming back to the forums after a few months of break I'm really shocked to learn about this.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Maybe it helps you a tiny bit at least to know that Steven will be remembered and greatly missed by very many people on here as well. His articulate and extensive elaborations on tactics in rl football and FM were inspiring and a source of great enjoyment to many people.

RIP Steven

Not an avid poster as you can see. Fact is I spent most of my time on this forum reading SFrasers posts.

It's with great sadness I realize we wont get to enjoy any more contributions from him, but he will always live on in this forum. He was a true forum hero, knowable and always polite.

My thoughts to Stevens friends and family

RIP

/Tomas Sweden

Not a poster myself, but as has been stated in countless posts previous to mine, Steven's posts will be greatly missed, his presence around here will live long in the memory thanks to the countless people he has helped and the fantastic insight he had into football and football manager.

My thoughts and condolences go to Steven's family & friends.

May he RIP.

This is terrible news. You will be missed by many of us who enjoyed reading your intelligent and well written pieces.

May you rest in peace SFraser.

/Anders in Sweden

Coming back in SI forum for FM 2012, what a surprise to read a such post !!!!

Last year, we debated a lot about way to thing training in FM2011 with two different views. It's very sad to know that we cannot continue for FM2012.

RIP Steven, died the same day and age than Jim Morrison, what a coincidence.

Very sorry to family and friends to hear of this news. Touched many a person on the forums thanks to his tactical genius brains and certainly made it easier for myself playing FM!

RIP SFraser, you will be sorely missed

Like many above I haven't been on the forums lately, very saddening to find this news as I was just looking for Steven's thread on how to set up a great youth development club.

My condolences to the Fraser family.

Your son's contributions have changed many a players FM experiences.

He will be missed, but not forgotten.

I am very sorry to hear about Stephen passing away. I wish Jack and Gail, Stacie, and Mylene all the strength, faith and love that they will need so much.

Thanks for your contributions to these forums Stephen. You are very much appreciated. Rest in peace.

Only just seen this thread.

RIP Stephen.

Your threads have been epic to read.

Been away from the forums for a month and just seen this now. Shocking news, was always one of the sensible few in GD and his tactical prowess made him a renowned figure in here, hadn't chatted to him in a while but had done back in the days of All-Nighter Threads.

RIP Steven, condolences go out to Friends and Family.

So sad about the news, so happy to have had the chance to read his thoughtfull and bright posts and threads!

Thank you very much!

RIP Steve.

I have mostly been a lurker at this forum but have enjoyed reading SFrasers posts as so many others and he will be severely missed.

****!

This place has lost so much,

Condolences to his friends and family

You are truly missed mate

RIP Sfraser

his threads and post never fail to leave me in deep thought. the community will miss u.

RIP. our heartfelt condolences to your family.

can't believe i've only just come across this. RIP Steven, an absolute legend round these parts. Maybe could put something in the T&T forum description about him, much like OTF has with Jim/Serps.

Just noticed this thread now. R.I.P Steven Fraser, although we never really communicated I often refered to your posts and guides. A valued member of this site is lost forever, my thoughts go out to those who knew him, once again R.I.P

Shocked to hear.

I too was looking forward to reading his guides on FM 2012.

My condolences go out to his family and friends. RIP

Sorry I am a little late. But I hope I can pay my respects. It is because of Steven's insights that kept me playing FM2010. It was hit training tactics that helped me turn around Hercules S.A.D. I couldn't do it without him. From one gamer to another your knowledge and insight will be missed. I will think of you as I storm my way through FM2012.

Rest in Peace.