Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we have details for the Director Cam? This is perhaps the most interesting novelty.

Thank you.

I suspect Director Cam will be a combination of all the other camera angles that can be assigned by a view editor to particular areas of play, eg for a corner you could select "behind goal", normal play maybe "TV view" etc (but I may be wrong).

Or maybe it is a "Directors Cut" type thing, where you get a bonus 10 mins of stuff editid out because no one wanted to watch it...or maybe alternative endings.... :-)

will there be player photos available to download for the premier league players? I do LOVE this game, but it takes up a lot of my time! but i do get a lot of enjoyment out of it, but i must say - the training wasnt very user friendly. it didnt seem to flow, and wasnt very easy to use, it was quite awkward.

and for the private chats - when you comment on a players training - you cant tell them that they are doing well and to keep it up? perhaps there could be the option of sayin "keep it up and i'll give you a run in the first team" ???

and i hope that it wont be so impossible to make the big signings! i found on FM11 that i would have great difficulty buying a player who is valued at £12M for anything close to that, but an AI team could buy easily!

and when it comes to the contracts, when a player refuses to talk to you, it would be good if they could say why, such as: a)you havent won any trophies for a while b)your team is poor quality c)too many players in the same position, i dont feel i would fit it etc etc so that there is more interaction with the players!

i have already pre ordered my copy of FM12 though! :D

it is depressing to watch the once great teams of world football fade into mere spectres of their former selves.

I agree with that! I am into 2015-16 season on FM11 with Arsenal, and manchester united have gone right down the pecking order, with a team of pretty poor quality! I have also found it very easy for me to get players from rival teams - i have got many high profile players from rival premier league teams! i had to pay a bit in excess to get them, but in reality they are transfers that would never happen! although it means my team can be better, it takes away from the reality! and also i find trying to buy a player from barcelona or real madrid is a waste of time as the 100 million buy out clause is something i cannot come close to, which means even though messi is now 28 and valued at 12million, my offer of 35million made no affect! it doesnt seem very consistent to me in that respect! hopefully it will be part of the improvments of FM12!?

Wow. so happy to see this especially the tone to your team talk what a great idea. rather than giving us 25 optional team talks for 1 situation you menu it out. can't wait to see that letting us more and more manage and play the way we actually want really want to just sleep till early november and get the game!

Will there be a records system I.E:

British, European and World record transfer fee?

World longest and fast goal?

Player records like....Most consecutive games scored in, played in and worst disipline for a player in a season?

And all the other records you could try to beat also make the media pick up on these also and get questions on breaking certain records.

Would make the long term game more bearable.

Any chance of getting some of that in for 2012 or is it way to late Miles????????

My personal take on the advertised changes and how they fit in with what I want from an FM game.

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Lets face it, this isn't an improvement, this is just an increase in complexity. It also seems too far from what a real life football manager's responsibilities are.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

This sounds good, people have been wanting more detailed and useful scouting reports for a long time now.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Doesn't affect me as I don't use 3D.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Doesn't affect me as I've always run enough leagues to have options available at a decent speed.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

I hate that player interaction, press conferences and team talks have become somewhat a primary focus for this series now.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

This isn't a feature, it's catching up with the 21st century where people have bigger monitors. It's like advertising that the game now makes use of multiple cores, it shouldn't be a selling point, it should be the minimum standard from moving with the times.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

Doesn't affect me.

the media system, press conferences

As above, I don't like these sort of features being in the game at all, let alone focused on and improved

the youth system, newgens

Fantastic, any improvements on the newgens especially is a massive welcome

the social networking options

Doesn't interest me

friendlies

Left to assistant

International management

Never do it

I'm disappointed there's not much shown to do with improvements to career saves or long term games.

Still undecided on the new version, the only thing that mainly interests me is the tone for player interactions. The spec of my computer lets me run majority of the leagues as it is on a career game so the manage anywhere doesnt really affect me apart from it may speed the game up a bit after 10 or so seasons.

I wonder if when the demo is released and you load your league and carry your save onto the main game you can then add other leagues as this has been annoying that if you wanted to play a career game from the demo taking other countires into account and carry it into the main game you couldnt as ony the pre-set league was available

The updated scouting reports do look good but if you want to you can scout yourself and find some of the information that is shown and isnt this just the backroom advice but extended more.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Can't wait to bounce a tea cup off the head of a 17yo who is about to make his debut as I tell him there is no pressure on him!

:applause:FM2012 looking good already, but I do hope they drop this silly 25 men squad rule for teams outside the premier league.

It doesn’t happen in the real football leagues, so it shouldn’t be happening in football manager. :thdn:

I'm with the group of people calling for multi-core support and 64 bit support. I'm not saying that they should make it so that if you have a single-core 32-bit machine that you shouldn't be able to play as well as you could with FM2011, but it should be an option if we have the equipment.

Am I the only one who physically can't use the original out of the box skin?

I see with the FM12 screenshot's, that it's the same bright white skin design again. (since FM08)

I tried switching to the FM11 default Skin last night, and after a couple of hours playing with it, I could feel my eyes aching and straining.

Carried on with it today but after an hour I couldn't bare it anymore, so I switched to the default dark skin, and once it changed, I could instantly feel the straining on my eyes go away.

I really could feel my eyes relax after switching away from the default skin, and found it much more easier to take in all the information than I could with the default skin. (player attributes/ reading news messages etc)

Was it with FM11, where they did not even include a dark skin? It was added in the first patch SI released I think.

Are my eyes just sensitive, or do other people find SI's official skin unpleasant on the eyes?

One small thing I would like to see implemented is the way you are informed of forthcoming international matches. I am Welsh, both in real life and in the game(!), yet tend to manage in the English leagues so I always get told what England are doing rather than Wales. It is pretty annoying after a while and I would guess it would be fairly easy to change which country you are informed about.

Am I the only one who physically can't use the original out of the box skin?

Are my eyes just sensitive, or do other people find SI's official skin unpleasant on the eyes?

No, you're not. But I'm pretty confident they'll add a dark skin just for us :).

Download f.lux if the skin bothers you, it darkens the screen to varying degrees based on the time of day. Sounds pointless but i cant use my computer without it now!

I've already tweaked my own Skin which is more easier on my eyes, but thanks anyway. :thup:

I was just wondering if it was just my eyes being too sensitive, because it's the official default skin for the game which SI release, and advertise the game with on their screen shots etc.

So I'm thinking it must be liked by the majority of people who play FM, because it's been the same since Football Manager 2008.

I would like to follow trend, and use the official Sports Interactive default skin, but it's always hurt my eyes.

The light skin is actually better for your eyes, so I suspect that is one part of the equation. I used the dark before, but have gone over to the light now and it's much less straining on the eyes. Much better to see dark text on light background than vice versa. Though this will depend on what you are used to I suppose. I'm sure they'll send with a dark one too, they usually (always?) do.

The dark skin is just so... depressing, makes me want to turn the game off when i loose or am on a bad run, the light skin just looks so much more... positive and optimistic, i like it a LOT more. Don't really understand what the obsession with dark skins is for everyone anyway but hey.

And for God's sake make sure that they manage their team in a way that prevents them from having a whole team of ineligible players this time around!

Whole post spot on in every way.

I just bought a a transfer listed right back from bolton for my Ajax team in the summer transfer window for £10M.

He got injured and lost his place but still played a few games for me, did quite well.

Anyway, in January Man City swoop in and but for £50M (His release clause) they put him on £275K a week but of course he can't play for another year because that would be 3 clubs in 1 year!

Like the Tone feature where I can really shout at my players . They need the hair dryer at times and I cant give it to them properly .

The Add and remove leagues on the go feature is also feels good . Lets see how it goes .

Any Improvement in the Re Gen making is also good. There are some weird things that come out with Regens sometimes . Right now I dont have any central defenders in the world with Pace >16 while strikers keep appearing with 20's and 19's .

The AI management needs to be improved , I played about some 20 seasons now and all the big teams are no where near me , The bookmakers predict a team winning and they finish like 10th and I keep winning the leagues by huge margins which kinda makes it boring in the Long Term .

I was just wondering if it was just my eyes being too sensitive, because it's the official default skin for the game which SI release, and advertise the game with on their screen shots etc.

So I'm thinking it must be liked by the majority of people who play FM, because it's been the same since Football Manager 2008.

I would like to follow trend, and use the official Sports Interactive default skin, but it's always hurt my eyes.

Could be, but more likely you just have your screen brightness turned up too high. It's not supposed to "glow" and strain your eyes just because it's displaying white.

I hope SI will add in the statistic of players, how many times a player has been "offside/match".

Also how many "balls has a goal keeper intercepted".

It will be also interesting to have a statistic of the "posession of the ball/team"

The most important area to improve for FM is the AI for managing teams and especially the AI for transfer policy! And of course the training mode!

Hope that FM2012 will be very good. (I'm still playing FM2010 with patch 10.3 --> Best FM ever IMO)

Thx.

One piece of evidence proving that the AI managers fail to handle the morale/motivation "engine". I am sure there should be no problems finding many others.
What's so unrealistic about that? Okay, Augsburg has a terrible record but otherwise there's nothing wrong.

What's so unrealistic about that? Okay, Augsburg has a terrible record but otherwise there's nothing wrong.

0-0-34? A newly promoted team losing all the matches of a season? The problem is not -that- they lose all their matches, the problem is that the reason they lost them all is that they had terrible motivation in all their matches. They lost the first couple of matches and then all morale was gone, and the AI manager was not able to turn it around.

This happens almost every season. Not normally this extreme, but at least one team go on an unprecedented losing streak which they cannot get out of because the Morale Engine is so overpowered that the AI can't handle it. There is also at least one unprecedented winning streak in the league, but there are no AI managers that manage to deal with the inevitable complacency that sets in, and when the ensuing losing streak sets in once the winning streak ends, they can't handle that either.

FM11 is an unending fluctuation between losing streaks and winning streaks caused by team morale always either be on the rise or on the drop.

I hope that in FM12, the players's mental health is more stable.

0-0-34? A newly promoted team losing all the matches of a season? The problem is not -that- they lose all their matches, the problem is that the reason they lost them all is that they had terrible motivation in all their matches. They lost the first couple of matches and then all morale was gone, and the AI manager was not able to turn it around.

This happens almost every season. Not normally this extreme, but at least one team go on an unprecedented losing streak which they cannot get out of because the Morale Engine is so overpowered that the AI can't handle it. There is also at least one unprecedented winning streak in the league, but there are no AI managers that manage to deal with the inevitable complacency that sets in, and when the ensuing losing streak sets in once the winning streak ends, they can't handle that either.

FM11 is an unending fluctuation between losing streaks and winning streaks caused by team morale always either be on the rise or on the drop.

I hope that in FM12, the players's mental health is more stable.

how can you possibly tell any of that, how can you possibly know any of that for certain? And how does one screenshot = happening every season?

That's a very tenuous argument you've presented, cant see how them finishing on 0 means the whole morale engine is overpowered

how can you possibly tell any of that, how can you possibly know any of that for certain? And how does one screenshot = happening every season?

That's a very tenuous argument you've presented, cant see how them finishing on 0 means the whole morale engine is overpowered

I can tell because I have seen it happen numerous times in numerous saves in numerous seasons and leagues. I have also seen the motivation screen/gadget in the game and knowing how I struggle when -one- player is nervous in my team, I can't even begin to imagine how hopeless it was for Augsburg when ALL their players had Very Poor morale and ALL their players was either nervous or playing without confidence. Of course, I cannot see the motivation gadget in all their matches, but they have the same tools and mechanisms as we do, and the results and performances speak for themselves.

As I said in that screenshot post - one example of a problem that pervades the whole game.

I didn't present an argument. I presented fact. On one side, we all know that it is possible to take any Championship-quality (in terms of CA/PA and attribute distribution, resources and reputation) team to complete world domination in a couple of seasons, and people have done this with completely different tactics so it is not that which makes the difference. On the other side we know that that same exact team and that exact same tactic could go through a season without winning a single match... if their morale and motivation is awful enough.

The difference between world domination and complete disaster is not tactics or player quality, it is morale and motivation.

I can tell because I have seen it happen numerous times in numerous saves in numerous seasons and leagues. I have also seen the motivation screen/gadget in the game and knowing how I struggle when -one- player is nervous in my team, I can't even begin to imagine how hopeless it was for Augsburg when ALL their players had Very Poor morale and ALL their players was either nervous or playing without confidence. Of course, I cannot see the motivation gadget in all their matches, but they have the same tools and mechanisms as we do, and the results and performances speak for themselves.

As I said in that screenshot post - one example of a problem that pervades the whole game.

I didn't present an argument. I presented fact. On one side, we all know that it is possible to take any Championship-quality (in terms of CA/PA and attribute distribution, resources and reputation) team to complete world domination in a couple of seasons, and people have done this with completely different tactics so it is not that which makes the difference. On the other side we know that that same exact team and that exact same tactic could go through a season without winning a single match... if their morale and motivation is awful enough.

The difference between world domination and complete disaster is not tactics or player quality, it is morale and motivation.

that isnt fact you've presented there at all, completely ignored any of the tactical side of the game. At no point does that screenshot lead to a fact that the Morale Engine is overpowered, its all supposition from one screenshot... More holes than swiss cheese in this one.

but whatever i await the new changes in FM12, anyone know when the blogs start popping up? and will they still be at the Mirror?

Yesssss! I finally get my Peter Reid button! :D

I wonder how long until someone asks for a Brian Clough button.

"Hey, that player's showing off doing tricks and keeps losing the ball"

(Half-Time team talk)

"Let's see... ah yes"

*clicks "Have you ever been punched in the stomach, young man?" *

:lol:

that isnt fact you've presented there at all, completely ignored any of the tactical side of the game. At no point does that screenshot lead to a fact that the Morale Engine is overpowered, its all supposition from one screenshot... More holes than swiss cheese in this one.

but whatever i await the new changes in FM12, anyone know when the blogs start popping up? and will they still be at the Mirror?

Like if I'm going to spend hours providing you with "evidence" about this or that... ever :rolleyes:

Go into your own savegames and check out the amount of losing streaks, teams with no or ridiculously few victories through a season, the morale-meter of matches against such teams and you'll come to the same conclusion as me.

You havent presented any facts at all with that screenshot, all you have shown is that Ausburg had a terrible season, i could pull you off screen shots from the last 19 seasons from my game and not one team in the SPL has ever gone a whole season without winning, there wouldnt be much point but if your screen shot is fact that the AI cannot handle motivation then my 19 screen shots would show it can. In reality none of the screen shots prove anything other that some teams are better or worse than others. I can actually remember Annan going 25 games without a win before winning their last 6 games to survive, i remember because i was amazed they stayed up at the end. Motivation and moral play a part of being succesful, in reality they play a HUGE part of football.

You havent presented any facts at all with that screenshot, all you have shown is that Ausburg had a terrible season, i could pull you off screen shots from the last 19 seasons from my game and not one team in the SPL has ever gone a whole season without winning, there wouldnt be much point but if your screen shot is fact that the AI cannot handle motivation then my 19 screen shots would show it can. In reality none of the screen shots prove anything other that some teams are better or worse than others. I can actually remember Annan going 25 games without a win before winning their last 6 games to survive, i remember because i was amazed they stayed up at the end. Motivation and moral play a part of being succesful, in reality they play a HUGE part of football.

And then I would show you 19 screenshots of completely unrealistic losing streaks (and winning streaks), and we would have wasted each other's time yes?

Motivation and morale both play a huge part of football, yes - but not as huge as in FM11. Adam does not outrun Agbonlahor no matter how motivated he is. In FM 10-pace players outrunning 20-pace players all the time, if the former is motivated enough. This is just one example of the overpoweredness of Motivation. Have you ever seen Terry nervous? Playing badly surely, but -nervous-? As in, wobbly knees and loss of mental faculties? I haven't. The guy is cool as a frozen corpse even though he sometimes make mistakes. Seeing him and other calm and focused defenders like him playing like scared-witless girls just because his manager said "you go out and do this for the fans" rather than "we can win this, John!" is utterly and completely ridiculous.

I guess there is little chance of agreement, though.

Irrelevent. My laptop is one of the highest spec you can get with I7. FM runs so slow on any computer I have seen. This is why i may not get it this year, I am not spending half my time watching a processing bar.

Then it's broke. Barely even see the bar on my i7 rig, and highest spec is somewhat subjective and therefore of little relevance to the statement.

Archived