Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
am i the only one not excited about this announcement? seriously SI at least do something different. every year same things said in the announcement, this will be the best game ever, control your favorite team, blah blah blah. and a couple of wimbledon pictures that no one cares about. at least put up some interesting pictures.

dont understand the orgasms for the play anywhere, anytime either, its not going to add anything to the game really.

What else do you want them to say really? And I follow AFC Wimbledon now as well because they sponsor the team so for you to say no one cares is flat out ignorant.

And that feature is one that's been asked by the community for a while, so it's nice they're listening to us. Is it going to be perfect? No. Are there going to be bugs? Yes. But it shows that they are at least trying to make the game better and listening to us.

LONDON

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Bäm! That sounds really good! I hope your implementation can keep up with my imagination! So looking forward to this...

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

GOOD!!!!!!! :D

Yes but you know how companies hype things up. I'd be very surprised if you could just add in any nation. It's logical that you'll just be able to switch leagues between playable and view only.

(don't bother me though, I load every league anyway ;) )

Si always said when they're gonna introduce this function, they were gonna do it properly.

They also hyped dynamic league rep btw, and it did exactly what they said.

Btw, I'm sure the media will appreciate my sarcastic tone :).

I really like the idea of adding/removing nations from your save while you are playing it. I wonder how that will work with custom databases....

I'm starting to look forward this game now. I wasn't if I would before.

Awesome features , so far specially the add nations to the save , i still notice some skating on the match engine , however its till a work in progress , hope the animations are improved because what i saw in the video is not much different then the FM 2011 animations

WHY WONT FM improve the A.I for term , it does not make sense , they keep on increasing the features that makes it easier for the USER , but not even improve the intelligence of the CPU, i hate playing easy games that does not last long. i rather lose and have fun instead of winning so many games thats just easy . ill get bored

WHY WONT FM improve the A.I for term , it does not make sense , they keep on increasing the features that makes it easier for the USER , but not even improve the intelligence of the CPU, i hate playing easy games that does not last long. i rather lose and have fun instead of winning so many games thats just easy . ill get bored

It's not because they don't announce it as a big feature, that they won't.

Stop being the best team then.

am i the only one not excited about this announcement? seriously SI at least do something different. every year same things said in the announcement, this will be the best game ever, control your favorite team, blah blah blah. and a couple of wimbledon pictures that no one cares about. at least put up some interesting pictures.

dont understand the orgasms for the play anywhere, anytime either, its not going to add anything to the game really.

Yes, your the only one, jog on ;)

Also for those moaning something has not been mentioned therefore ignored, they dont announce everything on day 1, be patient and stop whinging like little brats

Key new & improved features for Football Manager 2012:

Transfers & Contracts

Sounds OK I'd have been more excited to read about improved AI transfers dealing though.

Scouting improvements

Sounds exciting. It could be a big part of my FM experience if its as good as I'm imagining.

3D Match Improvements

Looks nice but hardly surprising that the graphics get an update.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime

Holy ****. I thought that was practically technically impossible. That's great I can start a game on this old comp then move it over to a new one and add more leagues. Or start a long term game find it getting slow and take leagues out.

Tone

6 times as much stuff to say during team talks and conversations cant be bad, can it?. tentatively excited about this feature.

Intelligent Interface

Sounds interesting. Makes me wish I had a bigger monitor.

Brand New Tutorial

Don't care but then I have been playing a long time perhaps first timers are crying out for it.

A feature I've been hoping to see for a while now. Nice one SI

And that feature is one that's been asked by the community for a while, so it's nice they're listening to us. Is it going to be perfect? No. Are there going to be bugs? Yes. But it shows that they are at least trying to make the game better and listening to us.

Couldn't agree more:thup:

I really hope you improve the transfer system as that is one of the most important aspects of the game. Network gaming should also be improved as the interface is really laggy even with an excellent connection.

I can see how Manage Anytime, Anywhere would be a nice addition for career managers. For club managers, though, it is not very impressive...

I hope the AI gets a boost. All that has been announced now are tweaks to the surface of FM, and nothing has been said about the workings beneath - such as the morale system and AI team building, game-world economy and most importantly; how the ME deals with good defending (i.e not all chances end in a shot off or on goal - many are stopped in the nick of time by good defending, something which is also "good storytelling" from a game developer's point of view).

I can see how Manage Anytime, Anywhere would be a nice addition for career managers. For club managers, though, it is not very impressive...

I hope the AI gets a boost. All that has been announced now are tweaks to the surface of FM, and nothing has been said about the workings beneath - such as the morale system and AI team building, game-world economy and most importantly; how the ME deals with good defending (i.e not all chances end in a shot off or on goal - many are stopped in the nick of time by good defending, something which is also "good storytelling" from a game developer's point of view).

Really?!

Imagine you're in 2020, with the Torquay team you've taken from League 2 to the Prem. The world of football has now changed, and South Korea is now one of the best teams in the world. You, however, can only see limited information about them as you didn't load them. If you were to add South Korea as playable, information would be more readily available - you may be able to sign a prospect from a South Korean club that before you didn't know existed!

You can actually click on them and they get bigger. Although it didn't seem to work on my ipad.
Cheers, but unfortunately I still can't read anything. I just noticed... I didn't mean to sound rude towards SI in my first post, English is not my mother tongue. It's just driving me crazy having these FM12 screenshots and not being able to actually enjoy them. So if somebody has a solution... My resolution is 1280x1024 btw.

Transfers & Contracts - Sounds like which I really hope, that it fixes the poor options of trying to sign a player / staff when theres just a few punds away but the player wont sign if he doesnt get that extra few cents deal-breaker.

3D Match Improvements - Graphics and animations upgrades sure good, but hopefully some improvements to the ME as well. Really think one on one times with goalies should results in more goals than now. And hopefully no damn corner-bugg this time. PLEASE!

Tone - Sounds good, hopefully you can get the message through to the darn players. :)

Manage anywhere, anytime, Intelligent Interface, Brand New Tutorial - Dont care about that too much to be honest.

"media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more" - Looking forward to hear more about that.

So good news, and looks like SI wants to skip one patch as Im guessing the game is later than usual, which is better if its more playable at the start.

Too late to ask for something for FM12 now, but hopefully a player from a small club(homegrown or with a love for a club) that has played in a bigger but wants to return to his former club is much easier to sign that now. Cause now Favorite-clubs seems to mean nothing.

New game sounds ok to me but doesnt get me as excited as other versions. The only features that appeal to me that may make me buy it are the scout information, but to me it just looks like backroom advice but displayed differently and a bit more info added that you could if you wanted to find out anyway. The teamtalks tone sounds good and is the only feature that is making me feel excited. I may not buy this versions as doesnt seem too different to FM2011 in which I have a great save. I may wait for 2013 version where it should be more polished.

Yeh, just sounds like lots more new gimmicks rather than the overhaul that's badly needed. 800+ new features? My heart sank straightaway when I read that...

do teams still "dislike 100" when you leave a club, just like Blackburn dislike Dalgleish 100, Valencia Benitez 100, Chelsea 100 Hiddink etc etc

No, on FM 11 I've remained a favourite/icon at clubs, and even gone back to one. Thank goodness that's gone. As for the new stuff, normally only a couple of things over all would interest me, but there are already a few things that do to an extent. Adding and removing nations from the game came too late for my early FM 'start a new game at the slightest change in my mind about league setup' phase, but still room for me to change now (like smaller European nations vs non-european ones). It always sounded very complicated to implement, which was why despite being discussed for a few years, I never held out much hope for it, but if it can be done without too many problems or strings attached (and I'm presuming there won't be the latter at least) than that should be a great achievement, opening up the way for more tricky things that can maybe be done properly enough to be put in in the future. After DLR last year, similar in terms of 'wanted for a while, taken time to put in properly', it's a very good trend emerging.

Yeh, just sounds like lots more new gimmicks rather than the overhaul that's badly needed. 800+ new features? My heart sank straightaway when I read that...

There's been about that the last few games, I believe.

You'll probably find that a lot of them are small features that add to the overall enjoyment of the game - new buttons and things like that, rather than 'gimmicks'. I'd imagine we won't even notice about half of them, even those which really benefit us - it'll just make it more natural to play the game.

If a new tutorial is a key feature for the new game then the other 793 features can't be too amazing.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

You have to remember that, whilst some of us have been playing the game for years, others won't have a clue what to do, and SI have obviously got to help out everyone - who knows, even if you think you know it all, you may learn a thing or two if you give it a go :D

• SI Staff
Am I right in believing that you'll only be able to switch "view-only" leagues to playable and vice versa?

No, you'd be wrong in believing that. As in, you don't have to have set up a league as "view only" to be able to turn it on.

Be interesting to know what happens when you add/remove a league to the size of the player database. By which I mean if you start with just English leagues and then add, say, Mexico the starting DB will have very few players who play in the Mexican league. Will the game then bring in players from the Mexican league and sim career stats to bring them up to date or populate the Mexican teams with fictitious players (would you need to have the 'add players...' box ticked)?? Similarly, if you remove leagues will you lose some of the players from that league?Appreciate it's probably a bit early for questions!!

It brings in players from the clubs in the league and sims player progress and the like. It doesn't add in to the players history (so it would say they've played 0 first team games in the missing years).

'Brand New Tutorial – ..... as well as a new in-game “how to” system.'

Will be interesting to see what this covers. Hopefully, it won't be just bits of the inadequate manual stitched in.

The how to system tells you how to do things in game, and suggests topics you might be interested in too. It also gives you a step by step guide on how to do things, so if I click on "how to add/remove leagues", it will tell me, step by step, how to do it, as well as highlighting the buttons I need to press.

The tutorial is a different mode, away from the main game and goes a lot more indepth on things like buying and selling players. Teaching you the basics of the game, basically.

Nice little touches hopefully we can buy players with the option to loan them back

I'd really like that. Doesn't happen alot, but it does happen (Craig Dawson joining WBA from Rochdale and being loaned straight back to Rochdale being a good example, as is my own team Huddersfield buying Lee Novak and loaning him straight back to Gateshead).

It brings in players from the clubs in the league and sims player progress and the like. It doesn't add in to the players history (so it would say they've played 0 first team games in the missing years).

So for example if 5 years in, with only England as playable or viewable, and I wanted to go and manage in Spain, and so added that league, all the players for the Spanish teams would be down as having played 0 games in the opening 5 years? What about those teams who've been in the CL for example, would they also be down as having played 0 games, or are you just talking about league games? Also, is it the same if you switch from viewable to playable, or would switching from viewable to playable mean the country you've decided to switch from viewable to playable actually show players as having played some first team games? Sorry if the way I worded it seems a bit confusing.

I love you! :D

So for example if 5 years in, with only England as playable or viewable, and I wanted to go and manage in Spain, and so added that league, all the players for the Spanish teams would be down as having played 0 games in the opening 5 years? What about those teams who've been in the CL for example, would they also be down as having played 0 games, or are you just talking about league games? Also, is it the same if you switch from viewable to playable, or would switching from viewable to playable mean the country you've decided to switch from viewable to playable actually show players as having played some first team games? Sorry if the way I worded it seems a bit confusing.

I would assume the big CL teams would already have their players whether they're playable or not, and you'd get all their history (like it already is in FM11). Lesser known players would be the ones loaded when you make the league playable. Youth team players and reserves, etc.

Archived