Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ability to add playable leagues is fantastic! Now I don't have to worry about accidentally forgetting to add a league since I can add it in later...

Hopefully transfers and contract ties in with smarter AI squad management and the conversation system is a lot improved for FM12.

Like the idea of adding and removing nations anytime. Its good for users like me with poor laptops, although like an earlier user said, im worried about potential bugs on that one. Apart from that there arent many, what I would call, massive features there which makes me hopeful that they are going to really polish up the existing features in the game. Looks like theres gonna be loads of stats in this one too which is always nice!!

The ability to add and remove leagues seems to be a big :thup: from everybody, well played on that one. I'll still wait for the demo before deciding whether or not to buy it, but it looks to be a decent improvement so far on FM11. The awful chats with players was the main thing that put me off buying FM11, so its good to see that they've been worked on quite a bit still.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Best feature in any FM ever. My main PC can cope with all leagues and players added but when im playing on my crappy laptop this will come in handy!

no mention of an overhaul to network gaming :(

Yeah I want this too!.. Even more than any other features.. I HATE the 1-5 sec delay on every single mouseclick! - makes my blood boil!

although the "Manage everywhere" sounds FANTASTIC! :p

I hope newgens players/coaches are improved over the last version of FM. Adding new leagues in a save means we wont have to start a new game all that often and play more long term games.

Good point you're making here..

There are many problem with long-term games and this will probably make people play more long-term so hopefully they're looked much into the long-term games to improve it - I'm sure they have looked into it, but have they looked enough?

Be interesting to know what happens when you add/remove a league to the size of the player database. By which I mean if you start with just English leagues and then add, say, Mexico the starting DB will have very few players who play in the Mexican league. Will the game then bring in players from the Mexican league and sim career stats to bring them up to date or populate the Mexican teams with fictitious players (would you need to have the 'add players...' box ticked)?? Similarly, if you remove leagues will you lose some of the players from that league?Appreciate it's probably a bit early for questions!!

I'm hoping for more matchday tweaks. Or the ability to custom ones. Say for example I want to use a shout to 'play wider' but don't like the default settings. I want the ability to change and lock these myself to my own custom setting, so I don't have to do it manually on the tactics screen every game by pausing and re-starting.

Wow.... The 3D engine looks very smooth! Nice little touches hopefully we can buy players with the option to loan them back :D Gets annoying with players rejecting going on loan and also when are the system requirements being announced? Im waiting to purchase a laptop purely based on the requirements for this game (uni gets boring at times) :D

I was hopeing for more manager stats and the manager profile to be improved, as it's been the same for god knows how long, it doesnt do anything for the game, the amount of threads i see about this and they still haven't done anything about it!.........a few tweaks here and there, you should be able to creat your own history before you was a manager, if you was a football player, have what clubs you played for, goals, app, ass, ect ect what trophys you won....

it really would be a nice thing to put into the game..

i do hope they make AL managers smater in the transfers, and al players better on the pitch.....

Be interesting to know what happens when you add/remove a league to the size of the player database. By which I mean if you start with just English leagues and then add, say, Mexico the starting DB will have very few players who play in the Mexican league. Will the game then bring in players from the Mexican league and sim career stats to bring them up to date or populate the Mexican teams with fictitious players (would you need to have the 'add players...' box ticked)?? Similarly, if you remove leagues will you lose some of the players from that league?Appreciate it's probably a bit early for questions!!

I'd imagine you would have to have the league loaded as "view only", I don't think you'll be able to add a league that isn't selected as view only.

I'd imagine you would have to have the league loaded as "view only", I don't think you'll be able to add a league that isn't selected as view only.

That's not what it says:

Manage Anywhere, Anytime

I'm impressed, I'm sure that and dynamic league rep were the 2 most asked for functions in the last 10 years.

I do hope there's also some work being done on international managing.

I'm very happy about improvements to the current friendly system. It's been needed for a while now, and hopefully countries halfway through their seasons (like USA) will be willing to play friendly matches at the beginning of our season, like in real life ;)

Yay! Sounds great- and not being negative for the sake of it but is it just me or in the match engine video do the goalkeepers seem a little unlifelike in the respect they dont seem to move a great deal or respond/react to what is going on??

Apart from that, cant wait for it to come out :)

eh... hopefully more will be announced as I'm not all that impressed by the new additions this year so far.

The "manage anywhere" sounds like a great idea and addition to the game (especially for RAM/processor constrained poor people like myself ;)) but aside from that the things that probably should have been addressed IMO (press conferences/training/tactics creator/refining agents) don't seem to have a gotten any love.

The 3D side is always touting "more animations" but it doesn't look particularly "better" to me... there are still weird things like around the 0:28 mark of the 3D engine video where a defender just lets a player go around him so easily. This is probably where animations should be added!

EDIT: The tutorial mode also sounds interesting and like a possibly promising addition to the game. Remains to be seen how useful it is depending upon implementation details though!

Based on the video re the match, looks like defenders and goalkeepers will need some work!!!

Not sure I saw much midfield stuff either, certainly the defending was not good though I know it's work in progress.

Finally!

"Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career."

Yay! Sounds great- and not being negative for the sake of it but is it just me or in the match engine video do the goalkeepers seem a little unlifelike in the respect they dont seem to move a great deal or respond/react to what is going on??

Apart from that, cant wait for it to come out :)

its in progress meaning they are still sorting it out

Thanks for all the comments so far - we're really happy to see so many people excited about this year's game. I know that lots of you have lots of questions but I'd ask to you to bear in mind that, although there's lots more to come, we won't be talking about any other features today.

Starting in a few weeks time, we'll start to go into detail about the features we've already announced as well as talking about a whole host of other new additions you'll be seeing in Football Manager 2012. All new information will be posted in these forums as well as on the SI twitter account and website, so keep an eye out for the latest info!

Sounds like there's some good changes and improvements here, really like the look of the new match engine. Also looks like that, while they've changed a fair amount, there's nothing major, meaning hopefully they've focussed on removing bugs and just improving what is already a superb game, rather than wholesale change.

Thanks for all the comments so far - we're really happy to see so many people excited about this year's game. I know that lots of you have lots of questions but I'd ask to you to bear in mind that, although there's lots more to come, we won't be talking about any other features today.

Starting in a few weeks time, we'll start to go into detail about the features we've already announced as well as talking about a whole host of other new additions you'll be seeing in Football Manager 2012. All new information will be posted in these forums as well as on the SI twitter account and website, so keep an eye out for the latest info!

So there's a number of new features you haven't announced yet? :D

That's not what it says:

Manage Anywhere, Anytime

I'm impressed, I'm sure that and dynamic league rep were the 2 most asked for functions in the last 10 years.

I do hope there's also some work being done on international managing.

Yes but you know how companies hype things up. I'd be very surprised if you could just add in any nation. It's logical that you'll just be able to switch leagues between playable and view only.

(don't bother me though, I load every league anyway ;) )

am i the only one not excited about this announcement? seriously SI at least do something different. every year same things said in the announcement, this will be the best game ever, control your favorite team, blah blah blah. and a couple of wimbledon pictures that no one cares about. at least put up some interesting pictures.

dont understand the orgasms for the play anywhere, anytime either, its not going to add anything to the game really.

I was hoping for news on the network side, especially after the thread ov made in FMO, hopefully some news will follow soon.

Seconded. Unfortunately I think we'll have to wait for FM 13 to see improvements in online game. :(

Couldnt care less about the tone option of a press conference, as thats part of the game that gets tiresome really fast, same with team talks...they just feel like a chore with poor choice of words and are really not fun, and yet they can male a huge difference to the outcome of a game due to the moral system.

I do hope the tactics screen and more specifically the tactics pitch gets changed so we can make more fluid tactics.

I am very excited about this first annoucement.

The intelligence interface, the new tone system and the ability to add or take away playable nations in saved game are likely very good new features !!!!

am i the only one not excited about this announcement? seriously SI at least do something different. every year same things said in the announcement, this will be the best game ever, control your favorite team, blah blah blah. and a couple of wimbledon pictures that no one cares about. at least put up some interesting pictures.

dont understand the orgasms for the play anywhere, anytime either, its not going to add anything to the game really.

SI sponsor Wimbledon. I've actually started to follow Wimbledon because of FM and SI.

Oh typical of SI to get me excited so long before the game comes out! Just kidding, great to hear about all the hard work behind the scenes coming into the public eye. Some really nifty additions, add/subtract leagues another sign of SI listening to the community.

Archived