Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking of getting a new laptop for the new game.

What kind of spec. would I need in order to run the game to it's full potential. (Quite a few active leagues, full match day engine graphics, etc)

Any help very much appreciated.

Ask in here mate. Whilst it's the FM11 thread, you will probably get more responses :thup:.

I have a question :) Very important question.

Is the Montreal Impact already on the MLS?

I know is still a month to go but i need to know :(

Having looked at Wikipedia, it seems that they won't be involved in the MLS until 2012. SI have said before that they can only put teams in from the year after iirc. So they won't be in until FM2013.

AI is the single biggest issue for long term games. No amount of fluff will be bale to disguise it if it is not there. I enjoy taking the long view and building a team to greatness, but the challenge is greatly reduced once the majority of the teams are populated with newgens. If I survive the first 2 years with any team, I find myself reminded of a matrix quote (slightly amended for the purposes) "Can you hear that? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your dominance". I really would like things to be a little harder in the long run. If they have to add an "expert mode" so be it...

I don't know if this is a reasonable question or not but I wanna learn if FM 2012 would be available or playable for iPad or not?

Oztir

Football Manager Handheld will run on ipad and will be available from the App store but the full version will not be available!

I know it doesn't happen often, but when I'm on an "apply-to-all-jobs" holiday my messagebox quickly gets filled with all the news concerning the clubs I automatically applied for. Those clubs apparently end up in my subscriptions, and stay there also when those jobs are taken bij another manager already. So 3 months onward I have hunderds of uninteresting messages to plough through, when I'm only intersted in the reaction to my application. If I don't get the job, that club is not interesting to me anymore.

The same goes for players I scouted by the way, once scouted they stay in my subscriptions, also when I havent shortlisted them because they were judged as not intersting by my scouts. I have to actively unsubscribe them if I don't want all the messages concerning those players, while it seems more logical that I actively subscribe players when I find them interesting enough to monitor, not the other way around.

So my suggestion would be: Jobs I show interest in or apply to (and players I scout), shouldnt be transferred to my subscibtions automatically. Removing junk from my subscribtions is annoying. If I want to be kept up to date with certain clubs or players I will actively subscribe to them.

i have one enquiry don't know where to put this and i did not want to start a new thread so

this is it if i created a basque league in fm11 it will work fine however athletic bilbao will be in ruins since of the hardcoded second nationality only rule will have all their best players leave for nothing on a free with no chance of extending their contract since they are not basque? what? even their youth intake half of them i can't even give a contract to when i joined them in 2020. in 10 years of playing they only won the basque cup once and never won the league,

its annoys me since whats the point of making a basque league if their best team gets ruined and there is nothing you can do?

what am asking is will that be fixed in 2012 edition though i highly doubt it.

yes Demo is really good i like a lot ... even if i always liked FM series. But i have to admit that this DEMO is really good and give me a really good impression on me.

Just a question about the BOX. This year ... i don't understand. Will be just the download option on STEAM or On SEGA?

Tnx

Marco

yes Demo is really good i like a lot ... even if i always liked FM series. But i have to admit that this DEMO is really good and give me a really good impression on me.

Just a question about the BOX. This year ... i don't understand. Will be just the download option on STEAM or On SEGA?

Tnx

Marco

Anyone know where box is available in US. Not on Amazon and can't buy from Amazon UK

You just copy/move it from the demo's savegame folder in Documents/Football Manager 2012 Demo/games/ to the one for the full game in Documents/Football Manager 2012/games/ then use the usual Load Game option in-game. :)

Can any of the SEGA guys maybe say when the activation keys will be sent out to the sellers, so they can in turn send them out to us end users and we can activate the game prior to the 21st an hopefully take part in the pre loading of the game?

Can any of the SEGA guys maybe say when the activation keys will be sent out to the sellers, so they can in turn send them out to us end users and we can activate the game prior to the 21st an hopefully take part in the pre loading of the game?

Steam is the activation key, the game will only be available when steam make the game available.

Steam is the activation key, the game will only be available when steam make the game available.

What I mean is for SEGA to make the activation codes for 3rd party sellers, such as shopto or greenman available before the 21st, so that these sellers can send us customers the code, and we can apply them to STEAM a few days before the 21st and then get the pre load of the game same as if we had bought it via STEAM. Should also lighten the load on the servers come the 21st.

prob because kenny has spent a fortune this summer, remember the budgets are calculated after this summers transfers, so the budget has already been spent this year.

Would be nice to have an option where you can do a before or after transfers start. Some will like the new signings but others will be dead set against them so the option idea may hold some water but not entirely sure how easily it can be done, maybe just an alteration of the start date or perhaps just the chance to confirm or reject the real life transfers and go from there.

Archived