Football Manager 2012 Announced!

Please correct this too.

PlayeronIntduty.png

It generally happens when the schedules gets forwarded due to other matches that crops up. But playing 15 matches in march-april when it is known beforehand that national & continental matches are also there is not understandable.

RecriutmentRequest.png

In a league where you can't play more than a certain number of foreign player. How can you increase your standing if recruitment is so poor, despite having finance and winning 2nd tire continental competition thrice.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm the only one who wants dynamic rivalries in next years FM? There was some rumbling about that a few months ago before I left for deployment, now it seems the community is fine with the static rivalries.

Please S.I. can you add dynamic rivalries, that way whenever the player brings up a club from the lower echelons of a league system they can have new rivals to challenge the player on sells/buys or trophies. I don't think Liverpool or Man Utd envisioned Chelsea as one of their rivals but they probably do now since Chelsea got taken over and challenging for all honours also.

Yeah, rivalries grow and fade irl. Long term saves with lower league clubs really need this.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

---------------------------------

The most importnant feature that I am looking forward too. Will love teh ability to swap continents at ease once you have conquered one. I usually only have Europe and the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues selected as playable to save time.

Yeh going to make for a dynamic career. Might do a Wenger and manage over in Japan for a while. Do the old switcheroo then. Eventually I'd like to end up back in Europe with the familiarilty of it all, but the biggest stumbling block before was only being allowed a certain amount of leagues (due to computer being not good enough lol). This feature will definitely open up the world of Football Manager.

Specs haven't changed that much over the years.

2009 Specs:

Minimum requirements (PC)

Windows XP / Vista

1.4GHz processor for XP or 2.0 GHz for Vista

512MB RAM for XP or 1GB RAM for Vista

Graphic Card - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or better.

Minimum requirements (Mac)

Intel Mac

Mac OS 10.5.5

1GB RAM

Graphic Card - Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon

2011 Specs:

Windows OS System Requirements

* CPU: XP : 1.4GHz or Faster, Vista/W7 : 2.0GHz or Faster

* RAM: 512MB for XP, 1 GB for Vista/7

* HDD: 2 GB free disk space

* Graphics: 128 MB Graphics Memory

* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Supported Graphics Cards: Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

MAC OS System Requirements

* CPU: Intel 1.7 GHz

* RAM: 2 GB

* HDD: 2 GB free disk space

* Graphics: 256 MB Graphics Memory

* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible

* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Supported Graphics Cards: Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 or greater

What is the minimum specs required to run FM 2012?

They will be announced when the demo is out.

From twitter;

@milessi Miles Jacobson

I also wrote thousands of words about FM12 for blogs. Now just need them approved, translated, screenshots taken, videos done & approved, which is all out of my hands. Hopefully they'll be able to start in a week or so.

Nice. Thank you for that. :thup:

Regarding the demo, you used to be able to do one league, english, spanish etc, and then get to 6 months and it would stop, and then be able to carry on the save once you have the full game but be restricted to the quick start league you picked, my question is, will we be able to do that in FM 2012 and then carry on, and then be able to change leagues still?

From twitter;

@milessi Miles Jacobson

I also wrote thousands of words about FM12 for blogs. Now just need them approved, translated, screenshots taken, videos done & approved, which is all out of my hands. Hopefully they'll be able to start in a week or so.

Great.. hopefully we'll get more screenshots and information soon.

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

I'm glad about improvements here, hope they work out as well as we all hope. I would love to see a transfer centre tab that shows something similar to this below. Would make deadline a bit more interesting I think:

potentiallayoutcopy.jpg

i was hoping the goal celebrations might have been worked on a little instead of players just running then standing next to eachother, yeah its a little thing but im a perfectionist :-)

Also saw a listing for the 22nd of October, so presuming it will be within a couple of weeks of that.

I hope you added the posibility of organizing friendly matches in neutral grounds (This kind of matches only happen at the begining of a save, then only the World Cup and the continental cups, but those are not friendly). And...maybe it's not that important but, when a country is hosting an international tournament (World cup or continental cup) the team should be recognized as local, and not neutral like the other teams.

If they do anything with international management it should be able to assign preferences to what players you call up.

I.e., I can mark players with a "1" and the next international I'm asked if I want to call up those players.

Of course I'd have players marked in "2" also.

So if a player isn't available you can go to your number 2 choices and see.

Just make it easier.

Regarding the demo, you used to be able to do one league, english, spanish etc, and then get to 6 months and it would stop, and then be able to carry on the save once you have the full game but be restricted to the quick start league you picked, my question is, will we be able to do that in FM 2012 and then carry on, and then be able to change leagues still?

I suspect that this will be possible, but the real limitation will be the starting database size. The demo comes with a very limited database IIRC, and as I understand the 'Manage Anytime Anywhere' feature, adding leagues will simulate player histories from the starting database. So adding if you add a new league, there would not likely be any real players but only fake players or regens.

The aspect of the game I'd like to see changed most would be really simple and would create a much better game for everyone;

Simply; add a box to the 'new game screen' that says something like "play with 'b' teams as 'reserve teams'", so basically the 'b teams' become reserve teams that you can control the squad & transfers & training etc.

Just so I can finally play a game in Spain. It's the best league in the world, but I can't use it on FM because of the stupidity of the 'b teams'... Now some people may like a management simulation where you don't actually manage all of you team, but not me.

That's how the Spanish league works. It's nothing to do with any "stupidity". Spanish managers don't control their B teams. That's how the league is structured.

Had someone explain it to me before, I'll see if I can find the thread.

Although I am waiting for FM12 to be released as soon as possible, I have to admit that I cant see the regular pre game hype that used to surround the forums in previous editions of the FM games...

Just wait a couple more days untill the blogs start up! Then you will see the usual hype! :)

Archived