Football Manager 2012 Announced!

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rumours going around our club now he's gone are that Miller wasn't signed for footballing reasons. I dunno what we were hoping for, either we were going to nick some more Aberdeen players on the cheap, or we were going to send some back, but it sounds like a shady deal on our part.

Yep, definately something more to that deal than meets the eye. Maybe Strachan had a conscience over it in the end because he left Boro and turned down any compensation package he was due. ;)

Yeah and italy full of talent is't it :rolleyes: only thing italy good for last few years is a good bit of corruption and match fixing

wow, England won the world cup, what, 45 yrs ago and counting and England fans have never shut up about it; Italy won it only 5 years ago AND Italian teams won the champions league in 2007 and 2010, not bad for the last five years imo, especially as an English team has only won the C.L once in that time whilst the national team struggle to even qualify for tournaments.

I don't think Italy are doing too bad.

I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out :)

SI, I was hoping to see more of those scenarios whereby,

one-on-ones:

a) the GK accidentally trips the player and earns a yellow/red.

b) GK saving with his outstretched foot.

c) player fakes the GK to commit early and rounds him to score.

d) draws the GK out of his line and chips over his body.

e) double point-blank reflex saves/tip overs.

Shots:

a) Out of position GK beaten by lob shots.

b) More variable in height of saves, E.g: low, medium, high

Lastly, reduce the scenarios where the GK just "freezes" when the player dribbles near/past him and scores.

Nevertheless, thanks for the improvements made so far to be as close to real life as possible. Shall be looking forward to more real life scenarios improvement in coming months.

Has the..

goalkick --> midfield header --> fast striker one on one

..move been fixed in this FM12 engine?

I think most people have experienced it;

Opposing goalkeeper boots the ball up field, your central midfielder heads it forward, your fast striker latches on to it and gets a clear one on one. About 75% of goals scored seemed to be because of these all-to-common moves.

I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out :)

The goalkeepers are awesome, but the defenders still look and act like mindless hacks. :(

regarding the breaking Champions League news with Fenerbahce being withdrawn from the competition, what is going to happen in FM for this year? Will Fenerbahce compete for the Champions League in FM, or will it be the loser with the highest co-efficient?

I would like them to introduce the option to become Chairman, through earning the right by gaining a certain amount of points,(say after 6/7 seasons minimum) and then choose 2 options, become chairman and manage full time or become chairman and appoint a manager, and then concentrate on attracting sponsors, stadium, facilities, staff contracts, meetings with managers and more...what do people think?

I would like them to introduce the option to become Chairman, through earning the right by gaining a certain amount of points,(say after 6/7 seasons minimum) and then choose 2 options, become chairman and manage full time or become chairman and appoint a manager, and then concentrate on attracting sponsors, stadium, facilities, staff contracts, meetings with managers and more...what do people think?

So picking a sponsor wil take what a few turns, what else are you going to do to make the game entertaining?

You won't be able to control your team, you'd basically end up watching all the games as if they were AI vs AI.

I can't understand why people love this idea, I really can't.

wow, England won the world cup, what, 45 yrs ago and counting and England fans have never shut up about it; Italy won it only 5 years ago AND Italian teams won the champions league in 2007 and 2010, not bad for the last five years imo, especially as an English team has only won the C.L once in that time whilst the national team struggle to even qualify for tournaments.

I don't think Italy are doing too bad.

...and just when I thought the toilet had been flushed!

2 words for you fella - FIFA Manager

Yeah I used to play that years ago, is it any good now?

I love FM, have played it since 1994! Got every version since then, but just feel it could do with the option of becoming a Chairman, as for what to do, interact all the stuff in the boardroom request, and meet with potential investors, scout players like a director of football, a lot of scope you could do, have a budget that you give to the manager for players keeping some to build stadium or prioritising whatever money you have to improve the club

Don't want to use any bad language about FIFA Manager but let's say it belongs to people with a different approach to managing.

It's not a bad game, it just doesn't focus on football like FM does. And more to everything additional to that.

FifaM is more arcade , FM is more simulation.

It's not a bad game, it just doesn't focus on football like FM does. And more to everything additional to that.

FifaM is more arcade , FM is more simulation.

I'd say focusing on football in a football sim is pretty vital to being a good game really.

Loved TCM, but since it was rebranded it has been awful

Well, I never knew if you already can make this, but I hope you can stop a substitution if you need to. It happened to me sometimes that I make a substitution and before it happens the player scores or the rival does and I need to change plans

I hope the improvements on International Management mean you can arrange Warm-UP matches before major tournaments before you have to pick your final squad. And to be able to hold these matches in the country that the tournament is due to take place in :thup:

For next FM it is about time to make a HUGE overhaul of the sound engine. When was it last updated? Ten years ago?? Specifically, we need lots of proper crowd noises for the lower leagues!

Agree with you it has been bland for so long now, yes some play without the sound but a lot play with it and it badly needs overhauling.

Also will you be able to run with the lower leagues already activated and available (Below Conference North & South) without needing a degree to work out how to run them??

Other thing I wondered is why didn't implement the Rule 225 in Argentina (You can play a suspended player if you have an injured player or a player gone for an international duty, but they have to pay that suspension later). It'd be neat to have that in-game

Have B teams been looked at properly for the new 2012 game? Are first team managers able to name the B team manager rather than have a news story stating "X may be fired if result does not come".

For all its great highs, this is one aspect FM appears incapable of sorting out. B teams are really not all that difficult to understand and I cant see why in-game, they are always in financial trouble. Barcelona are the obvious one that comes to mind, the talent its B team is producing should be enough emphasis for Sigames to work on this and not have to wait on patches once again, like every other year.

1) I really hope the team talks are improved, ive always let my assistant do them as they are all the same and you know the repucussions behind each answer, maybe the new tone system will change that but i can see it being the same just dressed up differantly.

2) I agree about AI team building, im fed up of them buying a player for a premium price and then never getting a game, its really become a game breaker for me on long saves.

3) im really happy about the ability to add leagues thats something ive always regretted once starting a save but now i can add when i want.

4)to me by far the most IMPORTANT thing, is that something interesting happens once you hit success, im bored now of 'being on everyones lips' or 'the mastermind behind the success' every time i win a comp, i take a conferance side to champions league success in 3-5 years and i get one news report and thats it, next season its as if nothing happened. also i have a player who has won 9 of these 8 of this etc, has made record goals for the club etc etc and he retires, thats it, its as if he never existed, where is his legacy?

i guess what im saying is i feel the game and the players need more character, its almost as if i can see the dice rolling behind the scenes.

5) CA and PA needs an overhaul in my opinion, it would be better if they where more dynamic and changed as the game went on. ie if you played an old cm/fm game where owen was say 22 years old, he would be a goal machine and would be until he was say 32, in real life he is still decent but declined due to injurys or what not. and that would be the same in todays game, if you picked aguero he would get you goals season after season, but in real life he may hit 28 and be average and playe for a team such as braga cos he declined after a few seasons. (just an example)

It would just be good if theyr abilitys changed, not just grow due to time and training, but there pa increaed/decreased due to factors such as injurys or moving team helped him improve.

5) CA and PA needs an overhaul in my opinion, it would be better if they where more dynamic and changed as the game went on. ie if you played an old cm/fm game where owen was say 22 years old, he would be a goal machine and would be until he was say 32, in real life he is still decent but declined due to injurys or what not. and that would be the same in todays game, if you picked aguero he would get you goals season after season, but in real life he may hit 28 and be average and playe for a team such as braga cos he declined after a few seasons. (just an example)

It would just be good if theyr abilitys changed, not just grow due to time and training, but there pa increaed/decreased due to factors such as injurys or moving team helped him improve.

This has been one of the only things i've actually wanted in the game for a while, don't get me wrong, the way they have it at the minute isn't bad, but if PA changed according to how the player is treated e.g. first team opportunities, mis-management or his temperament, his injury proneness etc I just think it would give developing a player a more rewarding feeling and an extra touch of realism. That's just my opinion though :)

I would like this in to

I would like this in to

I don't understand why people would want to be a chairman....

Organise sponsors, hire a manager etc etc.. the game IMO would be pointless, you would probably have to holiday most of the time just for the next thing to do.

Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

These are things I raved about last season! Glad to see that the SI team took on board. It may not have been my idea they read. But it's definitely points I brought up time and time again! Thanks SI <3

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

I can't wait. It's going to be EPIC!

Anyone know if the Russian League changes for next season (where, iirc, the season will run from August-May) will be in FM12?

Normally changes like that are in, unless they're not yet official, or unless it's been decided couple weeks before release day (and then they probably put it in via patch).

Tone? aw god not more emphasis on team talks? What about eye contact and body language? We should be able to walk around the dressing room and press 'w' to wave our arms or 's' to shake fists. Or is that for 2013?

sarcasm by the way.

Team talks ruin this game. So much influence on results. If you can't figure out the tedious pattern to team talks then you might as well give up as a virtual manager because you wont have any consistancy or success.

I suppose I could be looking at this the wrong way, but to have him do well relative to his Motivating skill seems quite appropriate..? Get an assistant who's very good at it and he'll rarely go wrong while you can focus on other things that you enjoy more.

Normally changes like that are in, unless they're not yet official, or unless it's been decided couple weeks before release day (and then they probably put it in via patch).

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=rus/news/newsid=1527870.html?cid=PULSE_TW

The story broke last September, but I don't know how much else has been said about it.

I suppose I could be looking at this the wrong way, but to have him do well relative to his Motivating skill seems quite appropriate..? Get an assistant who's very good at it and he'll rarely go wrong while you can focus on other things that you enjoy more.

If you have a team of Determined professionals who love carrying the world on their shoulders, leaving it all up to the assistant is fine, as he tells them "for the fans" 99/100 times.

If one of those players is a player who lacks the consistency, pressure handling, determination and professionality to handle that, your assistant will not tell him "no pressure" or other pressure-light team talks. The result is that he will become nervous, and he will play poorly and make mistakes, clear the ball away when he shouldn't, run more slowly, make poor decisions, miss his shots/tackles/marking/dribbles etc etc. On top of that, nervousness seems to be a contagious disease that spreads throughout the team until everyone "got it" and then they die. If more than one of your players are nervous, you're essentially looking at a post-apocalyptic scenario akin to 28 Days Later and the Rage Virus... only they curl into a fetal position and start crying instead of turning into zombies.

Similarly, if the team morale is poor and you haven't won in a while, the assistant doesn't care that confidence needs to be built up wherever possible, so if you go into half-time and the score is a draw, he will be disappointed if the betting companies think you are the favourite - no matter what! If the situation is the opposite; team morale is superb, you're on a winning streak and the entire team thinks it's a turn-up-and-win match they're going into - he still say "for the fans" and as a result the whole team is complacent. If you lose that match ending your winning streak, the assistant won't consider that you lost confidence, and he will still say "for the fans", "expect a performance" and stuff like that... often resulting in another loss because morale and confidence is on its way down after a loss (apparently).

If you want to know why the AI (and you, if you listen to the ass.man) go from a winning streak to a losing streak as if the whole game was pre-programmed, this is why.

It's still gonna be gay.

Ooooh! A word associated with homosexuality used in a negative way :-( - ffs, is it still 1981in these forums?????? What next, use of the words "Queer" and the "N" word? I feel the forums could do without this kind of terminology. ....and I make no apologies if I am being oversensitive here, this not an isolated use of the word "Gay" in these forums as amocking gesture recently. Sort it out SI Mods...please.

Ooooh! A word associated with homosexuality used in a negative way :-( - ffs, is it still 1981in these forums?????? What next, use of the words "Queer" and the "N" word? I feel the forums could do without this kind of terminology. ....and I make no apologies if I am being oversensitive here, this not an isolated use of the word "Gay" in these forums as amocking gesture recently. Sort it out SI Mods...please.

Are YOU still in the 80's?

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/article671972.ece

Language evolves. Deal with it.

Archived