Football Manager Live

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had a lot of criticism , but the one thing that can't be disputed is that they got the environment spot on, the chat rooms and the tools for player v player interaction was great in building up communities.

Was great just logging on to see what was going on in the little fml universe, even if you didn't play any matches.

Arca that's it. What was the DMC called? He was awesome, he was like a young Pirlo.

I think I had about £30 million due to using youths and investing like you did. I was able to start making more once I got my JP up though was well worth the 4 months investment learning.

I still try doing same in FM now but it's just not the same as the AI don't quite develop players like we did.

No doubt about it we would have dominated the GW for years. People might have thought that would be unfair but we sacrifised a lot of seasons to build a team capable of doing well for years. I mean we played all youths against worldclass sides who were already developed. Not many choose the route we did and tried to build for the future. Your side was just starting to mature if I remember right as you had a lot of people hitting 22 and due to the training and amount of games they had, had developed awesome.

I can't remember the DM. I'll have to fire my laptop up and see if I can find the pictures of some of them.

Given three more seasons I reckon the both of us would have been constantly in the top five - there were a few other teams in our GW that were just insane.

i still chat to a few of the people i met on FML , the chat is realistically one of the things missing with fm12 , glad to of experienced it but happy to have been able to reclaimed my life after it ended :p

play ps3 with a few former mods a few times a week .

This was the big problem - if you wanted to even just be able to stay afloat in the game,as well as be a good player and turn up for your league matches, the amount of hours you had to put in was astronomical.

Its the little things I miss - the three different beeps you got when you started it up, all spaced around 2 seconds apart, telling you you had mail, there was news, and there was discussion mail too.

Used to go - Beep (2seconds) Beep (2seconds) bbbb beep. It used to set the budgie off every time, and drive the missus crazy, although after a while she got to know the sounds, and if I was in another room and the big Der Der Der Der !! noise came on, she would shout me and tell me someone is challenging me to a game.

We have a young baby now so going on FML would be near on impossible now.

SI tried everything they conceivably could and it was determined in the end that the game's design just didn't work in an MMO environment - it very, very nearly did imo, but ultimately it fell short leaving only a handful of hardcore (and successful - if they weren't successful they'd just keep jumping worlds until they were) players.

I'm not sure those parentheses are entirely fair- the GWs I was in had plenty of us low/mid-ranking managers who weren't really very good, but who stayed with the GW because of the community. I'm not sure my team ever rose above 150th. Yes, there were a lot of GW hoppers, no doubt about it, but there were plenty who never did anything significant, at least in the GWs I played, and stayed put.

Don't think it was the situation of not having similar starting position. It was the situation of not being able to make being lower level exciting.

In FM you would've had lot of fun finishing 6th in Conference. In FML finishing same position in 4th Div was a "meh?" achievement really.

And in the end, for completely rookie players the tricks they needed to learn were not easy to obtain unless they created some bond with some experienced manager who taught them that (which required certain activity). The step from being successful in FM to being successful in FML is really hard to make and when someone didn't start off well, they were in a right hole. It required whole new level of understanding players, how the ME in itself works and most importantly team management is times more challenging than it is in FM if you'd start off without knowing anything or having anyone to help you.

But if someone from the FML bunch becomes rich, they better pay SI to get this thing running again. :p

Don't think it was the situation of not having similar starting position. It was the situation of not being able to make being lower level exciting.

In FM you would've had lot of fun finishing 6th in Conference. In FML finishing same position in 4th Div was a "meh?" achievement really.

And in the end, for completely rookie players the tricks they needed to learn were not easy to obtain unless they created some bond with some experienced manager who taught them that (which required certain activity). The step from being successful in FM to being successful in FML is really hard to make and when someone didn't start off well, they were in a right hole. It required whole new level of understanding players, how the ME in itself works and most importantly team management is times more challenging than it is in FM if you'd start off without knowing anything or having anyone to help you.

But if someone from the FML bunch becomes rich, they better pay SI to get this thing running again. :p

this would never happen...si would never sale game or publish fml for other company....The ppl just don't give so much attention on live game cause fml worth 50$ per game....!!once they release it they have earned the money....if they release again fml they won't have so much profit and fml need ppl 24/24 and it doesn't worth it for 5$ per month....i personaly believe that si should split the ppl working on fml and fm or a new company should help them (that's why they cooperate with korean company about fmo)..!

FML is in a way similar to loads of different browser-based football management games on the Internet. Those who started early and/or those who put in a lot of hours have a huge advantage over others after a while. When a newbie joins, he gets easily discouraged when he sees what it would take and how much time it would take to be competitive on a larger scale. That's the problem you can't really solve.

FML is in a way similar to loads of different browser-based football management games on the Internet. Those who started early and/or those who put in a lot of hours have a huge advantage over others after a while. When a newbie joins, he gets easily discouraged when he sees what it would take and how much time it would take to be competitive on a larger scale. That's the problem you can't really solve.

Actually (as a late starter myself) it was a lot more easier to get good players and build a brilliant squad on the cheap in an older GW. The only disadvanatge was the skills but they didn't really make it any harder to get a decent squad cheap.

Actually (as a late starter myself) it was a lot more easier to get good players and build a brilliant squad on the cheap in an older GW. The only disadvanatge was the skills but they didn't really make it any harder to get a decent squad cheap.

You had quite a lot of help, though :D

I must admit, I really really enjoyed FML when I actually played it but it was too easy for managers to abuse the system. Buying players for ridiculous amounts and keeping them on low wages added to the reluctance of people to sell some of their players meaning you're not always able to get who you want.

I'll admit, towards the end SI fixed a lot of the bugs and stuff but I think that the damage was already done by then.

I must admit, I really really enjoyed FML when I actually played it but it was too easy for managers to abuse the system. Buying players for ridiculous amounts and keeping them on low wages added to the reluctance of people to sell some of their players meaning you're not always able to get who you want.

I'll admit, towards the end SI fixed a lot of the bugs and stuff but I think that the damage was already done by then.

This is the true reason i think that many ppl left the game...many ppl had about 5 sub's etc...!!!but for me personally wasn't a trouble cause i was too good...someone who has cash of 5 sub's can't win someone who playing near 15 years....!

You had quite a lot of help, though :D

When I started to go the youth route yeah but I had a great squad with players aged 24+ before that without help. As there was loads of good free or cheap players around due to the GW been established.

When I started to go the youth route yeah but I had a great squad with players aged 24+ before that without help. As there was loads of good free or cheap players around due to the GW been established.

the big database was too easy to make a good squad with less cash

I think too many people got bored with loosing and left and SI couldn't afford that many servers with minimal people in each GW. Mabye if we create a couple of more servers for the hardcore fans? :D I know SI are making big profits so it won't cost them? :D I'm always hoping hahaha

I think too many people got bored with loosing and left and SI couldn't afford that many servers with minimal people in each GW. Mabye if we create a couple of more servers for the hardcore fans? :D I know SI are making big profits so it won't cost them? :D I'm always hoping hahaha

I think i play with you in some gameworld Abz, Miller maybe? I misse it a lot too..i play at a regular 1/2 hours a day base... I try it in FM12 but normally the interest lower i need to start new save... :(

Would be awesome if they opened up one game world and give it another trial just to see how it went, and charge a subscription for it. Many here would jump at the chance.

Im just so gutted i only joined a few months before the end :(. Losing never bothered me, you have to start somewhere and that was the challenge, working your way up. Not winning straight away. Guess though some others didn't see it like that, although you have got to ask what did they honestly expect

Would be awesome if they opened up one game world and give it another trial just to see how it went, and charge a subscription for it. Many here would jump at the chance.

Im just so gutted i only joined a few months before the end :(. Losing never bothered me, you have to start somewhere and that was the challenge, working your way up. Not winning straight away. Guess though some others didn't see it like that, although you have got to ask what did they honestly expect

that was a big true....but i really think that si don't listen in any offers

As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

FML features should be Integrated with Normal FM it would make the game profit even more, lets face it the current multi-player component of FM is not changed in ages and its still very basic

I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.

I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.

Xbox version of FM had a MP component that you could use your current squad and play against other people squads without need to create a network save . According to miles it used a microsoft technology , wonder why they don't put some effort to make this happen on the pc version

You don't even need servers this could be done using P2P technology , the only thing that SI has to keep running is a match making system and some kind of ranking or leaderboards etc

I cant understand why any hardcore FM'er wouldnt have enjoyed FML, it took genuine skill to play, was so fun tactically.

Personally I wouldn't pay a fee each month to play a game like this, when there are so many other online football managers on the net for free. I know that you can't compare, but still.

As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Aaaaah that's a shame :(

But regarding to other posts, I think some of the features such as Youth Academies and Managing the Stadiums and also the online features from FML should be given a go into FM. Especially the online features and the sense that your playing against other REAL managers would be great :D

There was a thread in FMO about improving the network side of things, hope this will happen in FM13 as online play is in the dark ages compared to other online games.

i got the felling it wont happen but :/ knowing how slow SI is on improving somethings

i got the felling it wont happen but :/ knowing how slow SI is on improving somethings
I hope your feelings are wrong, would have been pointless posting that thread Ov made in FMO, lets keep our fingers and toes crossed it improves one day.

And a side note to SI (in fun of course) concentrate less on the background houses and beaches and bring the flipping tunnel back :D i for one want visual realism and not walls and sand.

Do you have a link to FMO, I need to see it :D Also yeah, there needs to be more multiplayer and online in FM, that would be quality :D
The thread has gone now unfortunately, not sure why it was removed though, maybe SI had gathered enough information of peoples thoughts on how it could be improved.

Archived