FM 2143

T.R.F.C.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. Just to let you know, I have added 6 saved matches from FM 2143. They are the FA Cup Finals from 2100 - 2105. If your thinking of downloading the file, look at these first as they will give you insight into how times have changed. The game also starts around 40 years after these games! Follow this link to get to my page with the files on it: http://hosted.filefront.com/SuperWhiteArmy

Originally posted by DS:

So at this point in time anyone alive at the beginning of the game in 2006 is now dead.

Obviously!!! Even Fergie!!!

I noticed that some people don't know the difference between a game saved in the future and a games with no real player names. There are three major differences:

1. New club giants and minnows, new histories, new situations (competition and financial wise)

2. New chairmen with different personalities.

3. Even though a game with no real player names looks different, the players are still REALLY there. Their attributes, squad numbers, etc. are all the same. They JUST have different names!

Originally posted by DS:

Am I the only who has noticed that there are far to many good goalkeepers. 4 of the 5 best players in the world (in terms of CA) are goalkeepers.

You're right. Although I only recall ever seeing 1 GK described as a "Wonderkid". That was Cristian Guastella a few years back. There are some good outfield players though too. Barca, R.Madrid, etc.

Originally posted by CJ Sheehan:

How are Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United doing? I want to know if the former ever returns to the glory days of old...

Both are in the premiership. Sheff Utd are one of the strongest teams in England. Sheff Wed are around UEFA Cup strength.

Originally posted by Perth_White:

Its obviously not very realistic...Leeds United are still in League One :p Have they been back up at all?

Why don't you just look at Leeds' History - Competitions - Domestic Leagues? This is 136 years into the future. Isn't anything possible when you go this far ahead?

Originally posted by AntondeVries:

Can someone post a picture of the different nationalities in a team. Would like to see the balance. Loaded all the players off any country?

That picture from aza26 shows that there are players from all over the world. Although, even though nearly every non-English club in the world generates 1-2 youths every year, the staff in the game are mostly English. The only non-English staff that exist are either retired players, randomly generated staff to take over national jobs or from teams that are in different countries and in English leagues. e.g Cardiff,Swansea,etc, sometimes icon_wink.gifgenerate Welsh staff.

Originally posted by aza26:

Is there anyway to make the game load faster mines took 5 full minutes to load!

I'm talking of a game cleaner or something i don't really know about them.

You'll need to find a compresser or something. I searched for one before I uploaded the game but was unsuccessful... icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by aza26:

Do you have instructions on how to work this mate icon14.gif

I have tested it and it seems to work fine - don't worry! icon14.gif

It is very simple to use. After downloading:

1. Open up the rar file and open the program inside it. (FMSaveCleaner.exe)

2. Select the "Cleaning" tab.

3. Just in case something DOES go wrong, or you don't like the final result, I recommend ticking the "Keep back up of savegame and place it to" option. Click the dots next to it and select the Football Manager 2007 folder and hit OK.

4. Now there are five more checkboxes beneath the one I just told you about;

The Matches (.pks-files) checkbox, erases all the match reports from previous seasons. This will probably have the largest overall effect. Unless your'e going to want to watch these matches sometime, I highly suggest that you tick this box.

Players' stats history erases ALL of players' histories from the game. That is the career stats and achievements section of a player's profile.

Players' injury history erases the injury tab's content entirely from all players.

Managers' achievements erases the list of achievements in all manager profiles in the game.

I am not completely sure what the "remove indexes if any" option does, but I'd tick it anyway.

5. After you've ticked the boxes you want, hit the "Open file" button. Select the FM 2143 save (or any other save) and push proceed. Once that is done you can see the new size of the file in its properties.

That's how it works. icon_smile.gif I hope I've helped! Also, you may also find some luck if you tick the "Compress save games" option in the general preferences in the game. The next time you save a game, it will automatically compress the file even more!

WOW!! very, very cool! so when did the following retire (if you can tell me)

Wayne Rooney

Leo Messi

Kun Aguero

C. Ronaldo

Alexandre Pato

Gio Dos Santos

Luka Modric

it would be cool to know.

at waht point were there no real players left?

Originally posted by milanfan_apoorv:

WOW!! very, very cool! so when did the following retire (if you can tell me)

Wayne Rooney

Leo Messi

Kun Aguero

C. Ronaldo

Alexandre Pato

Gio Dos Santos

Luka Modric

it would be cool to know.

at waht point were there no real players left?

Rooney and Messi retired I think in 2024. C Ronaldo in 2022. Luka Modric in 2023. Not sure about the rest.

The last real player in the game was a young winger whom played for AFC Wimbledon. Forget his name, but he went on into management and retired in 2078!

Archived