FM12: Which team will be for you?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tempted by Leicester City. I did 2 long term saves with 2011, one with Alfreton Town (15 years) and one with Man Utd (15 years and still going, also went to Bayern Munich and now at Inter Milan). So one extreme to the other, so Leicester City would be down the middle. Others I'll think about are Sheff Utd and AFC Wimbledon.

I always start playing an unemployed/journeyman save, usually taking a job in the lower Portuguese leagues. At some point I will probably be Sheff Utd as well because I support them and in recent years, they rarely win in real life so it's nice to see them win in my imaginary world of FM :D

First will be my club, Tottenham. Not sure after that, possibly AFC Wimbledon.

I'll be going with Spurs first too, and then with the MK Dons (my hometown club) and potentially St Albans City, had a really good save on FM11 with them going to EPL.

I'm doing my hometown team on the next one. I normally only manage one massive save per FM, this year was supported team Middlesbrough, last year was A-League then Spurs, and FM09 was a proper journeyman save.

Taking Billingham Synthonia to the Premiership is next :cool:

I will probably start as my club, Charlton, but as usual it just won't click for me.

Then I will experiment with a number of League One and Two clubs, before settling on one and going on a mammoth one-club save.

2010 was Leyton Orient, 2011 Yeovil... who knows where 2012 will lead me.

I'll probably start with someone like Man Utd, a big club and such where I can get a good feel for the game and get into it a bit. Then I'll move onto Swindon, cause I support them and it'll be interesting to see how I can do with them with the influx of foreign players :)

Nafta for me! A Slovenian first league team. I chose them on FM11 as a way of testing the new dynamic league rep introduced. It turned out to be the best save I have ever done. Got them to the semis of the CL 2 seasons in a row, dramatically improved the standing of the league in euro rankings, and to top it off, managed to persuade an ageing David Villa to join us. I will definately be starting as them in the next game.

Would usually start with Liverpool just to get the feeling of the game while getting Liverpool realising their own dreams ^^ then would start to manage in League One/Two and bring a team up to PL.

Would maybe consider to manage Spain after.

• 2 months later...

I am still undecided. I want it to be either a small club within a metropolian area or a big club that has failed in recent years. I previoulsy loved to play as PSG but now that is not an option I believe. I do have one very interesting save on FMc11 now with Nürnberg and I might take them on again. I once took Lecce to three consecutive CL wins which might be fun to try again. At the moment my research has brought my attention to play as either Fortuna Düsseldorf or MSV Duisburg

Archived