Mr Hough's Final Tactic For FM11.

In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You  

433 members have voted

1. 1. In FM12 If I decided To Make More Tactics Would You

• Use Them To See How Good They Are
    • Won't Use Them Due To Bad Expericances With These Tactics
    • Couldn't Care Less and Think I Need To Get a Life!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried this and the main problem with it seems to be that it is just too demanding on my players, Martin Caceras (14 natural fitness, 15 stamina) finished last match on 63% from 100%. I have to sub both DM's usually Samba Sow (14 natural fitness, 18 stamina) and Mitja Viler (12 natural fitness, 14 stamina) because before the 70th minute they'll be below 60% in almost any match. This is seeing my team being laid siege to in the last 30 minutes of games, after 6 games I've conceded 12 (second highest) with 8 of the 12 conceded in the final 30 minutes. This is only in the early part of the season with 1 game a week, my players are fit and my schedules have worked will with a lot of other teams so I'm not sure how this is destroying fitness the way it is. It looks impossible for a 2 game a week period of dense fixtures unless I'm missing something somewhere.

I've tried this and the main problem with it seems to be that it is just too demanding on my players, Martin Caceras (14 natural fitness, 15 stamina) finished last match on 63% from 100%. I have to sub both DM's usually Samba Sow (14 natural fitness, 18 stamina) and Mitja Viler (12 natural fitness, 14 stamina) because before the 70th minute they'll be below 60% in almost any match. This is seeing my team being laid siege to in the last 30 minutes of games, after 6 games I've conceded 12 (second highest) with 8 of the 12 conceded in the final 30 minutes. This is only in the early part of the season with 1 game a week, my players are fit and my schedules have worked will with a lot of other teams so I'm not sure how this is destroying fitness the way it is. It looks impossible for a 2 game a week period of dense fixtures unless I'm missing something somewhere.

I got around that by simply rotating DMs often and letting them rest after games. A bit of micro managing can get you through even a very long season! :)

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest i havent hardly played on the Demo, Had a quick look but i know the match engine is proberly gonna be all changed when it comes out on friday so i haven't bothered too much.

I will be trying to make tactics as good as my previous ones though

I've had a abit of time to play the game since its release and i have been playing around with a formation i used for last years FM, It's a 4-2-2-2 again with flat back 4 2 CM's 2 Wingers and 2 Strikers.

I have started a Career with Tottenham and Finished my Friendly's, I have been Very impressed with the way the tactic has played and i didnt expect it at to be honest, I ahve called this the Swarm tactic as that is what it does, The front 4 swarm the defence and put them under incredible pressure, Beautiful football to watch with the wingers getting alot of the ball to attack.

I am also very happy with the way the Central midfielders play, I have both in the same position but the Left CM is slightly more attacking with more pressing than the defence one. The way i have thought about this is that i want my Defending CM to try and stay central and cut out through balls headers that kind of thing, so it's much more of a holding role that the left midfielder who is as i say slightly more attacking.

Some screens from my Friendlys.

TottenhamLevante2012.jpg

TottenhamLO2012.jpg

TottenhamFiorentina2012.jpg

Swarm.jpg

I will obviusly need to test this tactic more but i will be hopefully be looking to upload it over the next few days

Glad to see you getting to work on a new fm 12 tactic. Good luck man :)

The idea of having an actual holding cm is a great idea, everyone likes to use players such as xabi alsonso, xavi, carrick etc because they are the real playmakers in my opinion

Glad to see you getting to work on a new fm 12 tactic. Good luck man :)

The idea of having an actual holding cm is a great idea, everyone likes to use players such as xabi alsonso, xavi, carrick etc because they are the real playmakers in my opinion

Absolutly right, Look how important Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Essien Them types of players are for teams, Thats what i'm going for here

Yup, they really are essential in allowing the more fancier players who we would more commonly brand playmakers ( kaka, hamsik, sneijder, silva, pastore etc) to do what they do best and enjoy their freedom on the pitch.

Anyway, good luck with it mate :)

Just starting in December, Here is my Fixture list and Squad Stats League and Tactic Screen Shots, Very Impressive i think.

TottenhamSquad-1.jpg

TottenhamFixture.jpg

TacticScreen.jpg

LeagueTableTottenham.jpg

This tactic i am very hapopy with although i have only tested with Tottenham i like the results i am getting, I am gonna test with another side before i release it, Proberly Middlesbrough buyt it is looking promising at the moment.

Very nice results hough. At this rate you are looking at about 120 ish goals in the league come the end of the season. Also the amount you have conceded is pretty impressive for an attacking tactic. One thing i have noticed though, as is evident from your screenshots, is that this year the top teams concede so few goals. Opposition teams in the top 5 have really solid defence.

The annual challenge is on, judging by those results the competition is stiff this year ;)

EDIT: pm me if you're interested in swapping notes at all.

EDIT2: for comparison purposes are you using the default team? looks like your are :)

Dave has not posted the new tactic yet, the actual threat is from FM11 i guess moved here.

We are all looking forward to trying out said tactic, still using CM punk with just fine results, not mindblowing or anything but just fine. Also Do you ever think of making a 433 again? that 433 in FM10 was simply diablo like.

Having altered the wingers tactic from last year, i am getting great results. Corners banging in as well. I played until January, unbeaten with Man Utd. I know its easy at the top but only 3 draws. I win 4 nil away at liverpool, beat city 3 nil and Chelsea 4-1. I will give daves tactic a go as normal but i think game is much easier this year.

Hope this is ok with Dave, link below, i only altered a few things, this is Daves tactic. I dropped defensive line, upped closed down and a few other small things.

http://www.2shared.com/file/MT7GkXrs/tackiller.html

Few points mentioned above. The tactic takes alot out of the players. Fabio and Rafael esp. Keep eye on fitness. Tone it down around 70 mins if leading. The tactic is tryed only at Man Utd so no idea on small teams.

Good luck.

BTW its only deadly after Match Preparation is complete. I had a few nervy games early on!

Any news from hough, regarding the tactic? Please do take your time, this comment isn't meant to rush you in any way

I am just taking my time really, Going through games looking individuals performances and trying to analyze weather if the make mistakes they are attribute related or tactical, Boring but essential to make the tactic work to the highest potential

I am just taking my time really, Going through games looking individuals performances and trying to analyze weather if the make mistakes they are attribute related or tactical, Boring but essential to make the tactic work to the highest potential

ever the perfectionist....keep working on it :)

New tactic will be out at some point this weekend.

The main reason it has taken so long is i over tweaked it in defence and made it worse than it actually was so i had to back track to get the settings right again, That took a lot of time almost a full day.

I have just baout got them where they where now so i am just going through one last quick test and i'll be ready to release.

Cool, i look forward to the weekend. Keep us updated with screenshots and such things. Also what is the goal scoring like between your wingers and strikers?

Yeah i will do, My boro save is doing really well, In the league i have played 9 and won 9 and i have a 6 point lead already.

Scoring is good, The strikers are the main scorers and it's spread evenly between them, The wingers are Assist monsters though, Van Der Vaart in my tottenham save has 24 assists in 24 games

Hough, I'd be really interested to know if the patches have thrown off your tactics at all?

I was very happy with my tactic and then the patches arrived (latest one today) and I had to start from scratch, it just totally stopped working! How's your experience been?

Archived