Sports Interactive Community
el_magico89

*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

Its fm 11 im using it gee finished 12th german second division pent 24 million start of the 12nd season cant score a goal and conceding lots. Strange i remember scoring over 100 a season with this tactic

Yeah I know mate you mentioned that earlier. That's why I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

What kind of DM's you got? The DM's are very important in this tactic and really help you concede less but you need decent ones.

I still have my Heats save from FM 11, I should go back to it soon. This tactic has me in the last 16 of the CL lol but I haven't continued from that save because of FM 12.I beat AC Milan and Barca both home and away in my group. My 2 DM's are Javi Garcia (who is awesome) and Sandro who is also good. Javi Garcia is my highest paid player at 33k p/w which is nothing compared to the big teams in Europe.

I have bought 2 new dm's nkolouu or howveer hes spelt. And Maresca who has been awfull so im on the hunt for another 1

Im 1860 munchen so its hard to attract big players

I have bought 2 new dm's nkolouu or howveer hes spelt. And Maresca who has been awfull so im on the hunt for another 1

Im 1860 munchen so its hard to attract big players

Fabio Firmani is a good veteran DM who will probably join you and does a job for a season or 2. Also look at Modeste M'Bami.

For AMC try and get Jordí Gomez as he is excellent there. I got him on loan in 1st season from wigan for 2 seasons then signed him on a free at end of his contract. Ryan McGowan is a good CB with good pace.

@ el_magico - I know that you have lost faith in FM 12 but could it be possible that you might try and create a tactic after the final patch gets released?

@ el_magico - I know that you have lost faith in FM 12 but could it be possible that you might try and create a tactic after the final patch gets released?

definately mate. I have two exams to write.

on 13th february, Im done for this semester, so I am going to have a lot of free time. Im still looking to create something, but as the previous times, had 2 good tacitcs, which I had a very good run with, one was the barca 451 with villarreal and one was a tweaked 4231 with betis sevilla, when I had a run of 11 games unbeaten, with a goal difference of 43-7, but unfortunately, like the other tactics, it suddenly lost its effectiveness and I started to lose and lose and was almost getting sacked, when I didnt chance the tactics. team morale and team talks have much more impact on the results, than the tactics itself. for example, in fm 11, I had problems with complaceny aswell, but it was never that big, that I suddenly started to get dominated at home against a lower division team, in which I had only 5 or 6 shots at home, while the away team was absolutely dominating me. it was much more a problem of strikers being to complacent in front of the goal, were missing a lot and so on...

as soon as I have the feeling, that this one hasnt changed in the new upcoming patch, I am not going to play this game and much more continue with fm11.

everyone has its own preferences and style and expectations from a game. I regard football manager as a football simulation game, which should be as realistic as possible in terms of transfers, players attributes, match engine, modern tactics and so on, but it should still be a computer game, in which you can challenge the AI with your tactics. I want to say to myself, look, youre playing with a much weaker team, but due to your tactical knowledge, youre able to beat any opposition. I dont want to waste hours and days on a game, trying to create something and then just see, that it probably is not my tactic, which failed, but much more other factors like team talks, team motivation, morales and so on...

yes, it might be more realistic, but irl, you also have other options to chose from, like when a players has low morale, because he has been dropped from the national squad, I can have a talk with him irl and can promise him, that as long as he works on himself, shows some good performances, your national manager will regard you as a option in future and so on... if SI has the opinion, that this part doesnt need to be changed, then they should give us by far more options to motivate our players, to be prepared for more than 1,2 typical situations, in which the players are demotivated.

totally agree with el magico.

i make a kick ass tactic where i dominated man utd, arsenal and chelsea winning all game 4-0, 5-0, 3-0 having a total of 21 ccc to 1. then i go on a losing run where i get thrashed by weaker teams.

I have been playing football manager games since cm3 and every year there are heaps of people whining about this years FM is the worse yet etc etc and every year i just shake my head and laugh. But this year i have to say that SI has really dropped the ball.

this is a computer game. its not real life. if you spend 100+ hrs making a tactic it shouldnt stop working because the next patch comes out.

SI should have realised after the FML collapse that all people want is to pick their favourite team, choose there tactics and buy players.

adding 10 new things every year for the last 10 years has made this game more like work then what its supposed to be which is a fun game.

I know SI have to realise new features every year to be able to market the game but its a become a bit of a joke that the match engine is still broken (don't say its not, cause it is) mr hough's stupid tactics still work. 2 years SI u had to fix this. meanwhile people who make realistic tactics are having there hard work undone by morale, team talks etc etc

if SI was really serious about fixing the match engine. they would get rid of the sliders etc. (this would **** off all the old timers) but its the only way.

then SI could restrict the match engine cracking tactics and they should give us a proper guide on how the make the tactics in the match engine for all new time players. you can see from the tactics forum everyone is too lazy to make there own tactics.

then we could actually start enjoying "playing" the game instead of trying to "crack" the game

^^^ I Don't think I have ever agreed with something more strongly in my whole life Lol

I guess that your tactic has stopped working el magico? Going by the thread you created in General Discussion.

I just want to say an example of how crucial team talks are...

I started a save with Panathinaikos, selling 15 players and buying about 15 new...

So after two Champions League Best place qualification 3 games against Zurich which won 6-3 (one own goal and one set piece) and ONE friendly, i came up a Champions League Playoff first AWAY leg against Lyonnes...

Lyonnes has one of the best teams in the game at least at the beggining of it...

I saved the game, and played the first leg by using Skip Overall teamtalk, Passionate - Have faith to every single player...

Lost 3-0, with Lyonnes having about 20 shots, 4 CCC and Panathinaikos 5 shots 2 target 0 CCC...

So i loaded the game to try with aggresive expect a win...

I also lost 3-1, but that was the best away champions league game i ever watched from a team a managed so far in FM 12...

My team was RABID in the first half, loosing 4 one on ones situations, and conceedeing one goal in the first 4 minutes by a qiuck through ball that past through about 7 players...In the half time i aggresivly told them that i expect something else in the second half, because despite their BRILLIANT performance we were still losing...There was NO LYONNES in the second half, until 82th minute who scored the second goal by a DAMN CORNER...The third goal came in 90th minute by a lost ball from one of my CBs (common thing in FM12)...I scored in 92th minute, and this goal i thing was simply a ME gift after this great no goal performance...

In the second half i also lost 2 one on ones, and two corner "one on ones"...

The stats at the end are like this...

Lyonnes - Panathinaikos

Shots 7-14

On target 4-6

CCC 1-1

Half Chances 3-10

Possesion 49-51

I remind you the stats of the "have faith" game...

Shots 20-5

On target 12-2

CCC 4-0

I also remind you that i have 15 new players and only one friendly...

PS. Hope el_magico continues trying...

It seems that you are right, HTC. It also looks like el magico has now worked out the teamtalks and seems to be getting better results again (you can see on his 'so annoyed' thread in GD).

Hopefully you have a new thread for us soon el magico, don't delete your account!

thx for the support guys, Im almost done with the first season, so today its going to be finished and by tomorrow or maybe tonight, am gonna do the new thread.

Ive made a little tweak in my tactic, the last results, you can see in the general forum, in my "annoyed" thread. currently playing spanish cup final, being in the semi finals of the champions league and 3rd place in the league, but have collected more points than any other leader from the other top leagues, but barcelona and r.madrid's performances are just unreal and you cant really beat them in the first season :(

so, finally finished the season. all in all, I am quite happy, could have been much much better, when I just had noticed this team talk problem earlier...

anyway, since I changed my team talk strategy, Ive only lost to barca and real and the rest of the games have all been won.

reached the semi finals of the champions league, but unfortunately got drawn to the team, I hate most to play against and we did very well, unfortunately conceded 3 goals in camp nou without giving them one ccc and I was also leading...

won the spanish cup aswell ;)

tablegv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cleague.jpg

villarrealv.jpg

tactic and a new thread coming tomorrow. I did 2 little tweaks and need still some testing...

Good season there el magico and tbh 3rd in the 1st season with a SF place in the CL and winner of the Copa Del Rey is a good achievement with Villarreal as Barca and Real Madrid are the 2 best teams in the game.

I look forward to your new thread tomorrow :D

guys, very very good news for you :D

first of all sry for not putting the tactic online on monday, as I promised, but believe me guys, im on a good way and I just needed to go sure, that this time, its really perfect, so that I dont need to close the thread after a few days :D

i used the tactic from fm11 and with the games passing by and having finally played enoug games to see where the changes are, Ive tweaked my fm 11 tactic a bit. its not a big change, but the results are fantastic so far. its still the deep 4231, just need a few more games to go sure, that it still works :D

tonight is gonna be a good night!

guys, very very good news for you :D

first of all sry for not putting the tactic online on monday, as I promised, but believe me guys, im on a good way and I just needed to go sure, that this time, its really perfect, so that I dont need to close the thread after a few days :D

i used the tactic from fm11 and with the games passing by and having finally played enoug games to see where the changes are, Ive tweaked my fm 11 tactic a bit. its not a big change, but the results are fantastic so far. its still the deep 4231, just need a few more games to go sure, that it still works :D

tonight is gonna be a good night!

sounds good El_Magico

This tactic was the best i ve ever used in all FM's...Solid, Stable, Great Watching, REALISTIC...

In FM12 it lost its stability and solidness (in some matches because in others its just like last year), probably because of ME or teamtalks...

Hope it works this time el_magico and thank you for your try...

This tactic was the best i ve ever used in all FM's...Solid, Stable, Great Watching, REALISTIC...

In FM12 it lost its stability and solidness (in some matches because in others its just like last year), probably because of ME or teamtalks...

Hope it works this time el_magico and thank you for your try...

I agree! I'm looking forward to the new tactic el magico, sounds like you are happy with it :)

Looks like el_magico has just gone and got himself banned. What an unstable fella!!

how?? thought personaaly he did great with villareal tbh cant ask for anymore than 3rd first season surely.

how?? thought personaaly he did great with villareal tbh cant ask for anymore than 3rd first season surely.

He just went on another of his infamous rants. Something about Barca scoring a winner in the 97th minute. The post was riddled with profanity and it appears to have been removed. Shame but the behaviour is so erratic. Wonder if he will be be allowed back!!

Oh el magico :(

I only seen the thread title but it had lots of asterisks in it and I knew it was gonna be bad, tried to read it but it had been removed.

I think we all need to remember that it's just a game and even if you concede in 97th min against Barca, things like that DO happen IRL and you just got to take it on the chin and deal with it.

I still hope el magico is allowed back soon, does anyone know how these infractions work, like how long he will be banned for? I've never had one myself on this forum before :) I hope that el magico will come back and release his tactic still but I agree that he needs to cut out the aggressive behaviour.

I'm pretty sure FM is the only thing in the world that can make you so mad - yet you still always go back for more!

If anything else ever made me so mad in life then I would just think "never ever again" (which I do with FM sometimes) and wouldn't have it in my life again.

But FM just has that magnetism where you come back and then get a decent result here and there that makes you think "well may'be I was being a little bit hasty......"

Has anybody tried his new tactic for fm 12 ? im gettin nowhere with it

Yes mate i have/had............I managed Aldershot in League Two and got to the Championship before i got bored with it..........as el_magico said, its all about moral of the players and keeping their happiness as high as possible.......i didnt just wait for team talks before games, i constantly had private chats with players during the week too........seemed to help

He deserves it IMO. I know I got a slap on the wrist for commenting on this earlier on in the thread but his behaviour is childish, yes his tactic was brilliant on FM11, and fairplay to him he is trying to recreate that on 12, he fails and loses a game and then chucks his toys out the pram and suddenly SI and everyone involved with FM are the worst things around, he needs to grow up.

Oh el magico :(

I only seen the thread title but it had lots of asterisks in it and I knew it was gonna be bad, tried to read it but it had been removed.

I think we all need to remember that it's just a game and even if you concede in 97th min against Barca, things like that DO happen IRL and you just got to take it on the chin and deal with it.

I still hope el magico is allowed back soon, does anyone know how these infractions work, like how long he will be banned for? I've never had one myself on this forum before :) I hope that el magico will come back and release his tactic still but I agree that he needs to cut out the aggressive behaviour.

Banned for 2 weeks but if his attitude and agressiveness doesn't change drastically then next time he'll be banned for life.

He has 60 infraction points, which means he has a 2 week ban.
Banned for 2 weeks but if his attitude and agressiveness doesn't change drastically then next time he'll be banned for life.

Cheers.

Yeah, I agree that he needs to cut out the ranting as it doesn't help and it's not the first time he has done so either.

Anyone still using this in FM 12 and followed the instuctions from el magico's (El Patrón, lol) closed thread? It would be interesting to see if this tactic is still as effective as it was in FM 11 when using the team talks he mentioned.

This tactic was a favourite of mine in FM11 and on my new save with Blackburn using the latest 12.2 patch I was struggling and in need of results. Things couldn't get any worse as we were on a slump and I thought I would switch to this tactic after seeing a good start and being as high as 7th turn into a horrible mid season and a plummet down to 15th. Using the default squad (especially trying to bring through youngsters such as Henley, Lowe, Hanley) we started playing great and the switch has saved my season! See the results for yourself.. http://imageshack.us/f/600/roversres.png/

To be 5th in the table with 9 or 10 to play is outstanding. I love the way the tactic plays - realistic, counter attacking, it is a joy to watch and playing good sides that play high lines and like to bring the game to you is music to my ears as they are so vulnerable to counter attacks via the pace on the wings in Hoilett + Rochina. As far as the tactic is concerned I made two tweaks - the ST's run with ball I checked to sometimes as they can often run into blind alleys and ignore other options with the often setting. The other tweak was to give both DMCs normal tackling in order to break up play more and regain possession or start counter attacks (N'Zonzi + Petrovic are big and strong in the tackle). I used the tactic uploaded by El Patron(Magico) in the closed thread so thanks!

is there a link to this tactic ??? the banned one ??

Yeah mate. I downloaded it from his closed thread a few days ago. The 1st two links had either expired or he maybe he had removed the tactic from upload and I was starting to panic lol but the 3rd one (media fire) thankfully worked for me.

@ OneAVB - I totally agree with everything you said. This is my favourite downloaded FM tactic ever after the experiences I had with it in FM11 & as you said, the style of football it plays is a joy to watch and looks realistic too. I still have my Hearts save from FM11 (not went back to it though due to FM12) and at the time I stopped playing that version, I had just got Hearts into the last 16 of the UCL after finishing unbeaten & top of the group of death containing Barca, Milan & Everton! :eek: Some memorable victories included a 5-0 win @ San Siro & beating both Barca & Milan Home & Away! I also won numerous SPL titles & domestic cups.

Tactic Creators like El Magico & MAGiCK are godsends for someone like me who isn't good at creating successful tactics & I get frustrated easily and usually give up. This tactic provides me with enjoyment and allows me to focus on other areas of the game I'm better at & I don't see any problem with that.

Hi,

Can you tell me where this closed thread is please.

Yeah mate. I downloaded it from his closed thread a few days ago. The 1st two links had either expired or he maybe he had removed the tactic from upload and I was starting to panic lol but the 3rd one (media fire) thankfully worked for me.

@ OneAVB - I totally agree with everything you said. This is my favourite downloaded FM tactic ever after the experiences I had with it in FM11 & as you said, the style of football it plays is a joy to watch and looks realistic too. I still have my Hearts save from FM11 (not went back to it though due to FM12) and at the time I stopped playing that version, I had just got Hearts into the last 16 of the UCL after finishing unbeaten & top of the group of death containing Barca, Milan & Everton! :eek: Some memorable victories included a 5-0 win @ San Siro & beating both Barca & Milan Home & Away! I also won numerous SPL titles & domestic cups.

Tactic Creators like El Magico & MAGiCK are godsends for someone like me who isn't good at creating successful tactics & I get frustrated easily and usually give up. This tactic provides me with enjoyment and allows me to focus on other areas of the game I'm better at & I don't see any problem with that.

will he update his tactic for latest patch?, or can i follow his work on some other forum? tnx.

will he update his tactic for latest patch?, or can i follow his work on some other forum? tnx.

There wasn't any big changes in 12.2 so it should still work :thup:

It is been said again...This tactic is NOT working as brilliantly as it worked in 11.3...

It works well attacking, but it leaks behind (I ve tested it in 12.1 and 12.2)

In 11.3, it worked brilliantly attacking and at the same time was rock at the back...

The situation right now with 12.1 and 12.2 is exactly the same as it was for long time with 11.3...There was not any tactic to work realistic and be stable...Until el_magico showed up...Hope it happens again :)

Use his tactic for FM12 not this one.

Three things make me wonder - it's a counter attack tactic, yet counter attack is not ticked. Why is tackling set to "more cautious"? And the funny detail - playmaker is ticked, but nobody's chosen. So far it's working for me, btw. I adjusted the set pieces and I'm testing an offensive variant, with one more striker instead of one DM. When the season is over, I'll post here. Hopefully, I won't go on a losing spree in the meantime :D

It's been mentioned before. The AML, AMR and ST are ALWAYS stay forward to quickly counter attack when you regain possesion in your half...This kind of set up el_magico named it counter attack and he is right...If you tick counter attack there will be much more players running forward and this will create many gaps for your opponent to do the same...

I am also giving time to this tactic and report back...

First feed back : Panathinaikos, first year, 17 new players and knocked out Lyonnes in the Champions League Playoffs...

1-0 Home (finishing the match with 9 players* and not beeing in danger at all) and 2-2 away...

*What worked for me in this particular game when irecieve the first red card is to take out the AMC...

And then when i recieved the second i took out the striker...

Having four at the back, two holding DMs and two INSIDE FORWARDS kept my team solid at back and dangerous upfront :)

do you talk about fm11 version or the new one?

@Filke: The new one from that other thread has marginal changes, so it's not much of a difference.

OK, here's the promised post and a picture.

e0lwlc.jpg

Right click & open image to view full size.

I was an inch from the title. The 0-0 draw with Fulham saw my team waste 9 clear cut chances, the draws with Tottenham and Sunderland were winnable too. Ipswich match was some weird disaster. On the other hand, I could've easily lost the first match against ManU and the second match against Liverpool. Well, that's football, you can never underestimate luck, both in the game and in real life!

I like how the game flows here - the quick kind of football, with wingers scoring quite a lot. Reminds me of ManU. On the other hand, I'm a bit disappointed with the AMC.

As for the claims, that is is not realistic, that a tactic does not win 100%. Excuse me, but I call bull****. A tactic like that is an exploit and an AI that wouldn't adjust would be super-dumb. In my game ManU plays with that weird tactic with lots of AM. I struggled in the first half of my first match, but then I changed focus to passing down both flanks and increased width - it was much better.

All in all, a solid tactic. Thanks, Magico!

andriejj. Are you using original tactic from the OP or you have moved DMC to ST position? Maybe you could upload your version?