*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

some good news guys. been back, fortunately nothing serious. what a day it was...

anyway, tomorrow evening, I might continue the save, in the morning, I am back in hospital for visit, so that I could only play in the later evening. hope to bring it out till tomorrow evening...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some good news guys. been back, fortunately nothing serious. what a day it was...

anyway, tomorrow evening, I might continue the save, in the morning, I am back in hospital for visit, so that I could only play in the later evening. hope to bring it out till tomorrow evening...

Good to hear mate. Only release it when you have the time :thup:

Good to hear mate. Only release it when you have the time :thup:

definately mate, not gonna release it tomorrow, if I have the feeling, that its still not done and not working the way, I imagine. not gonna do the same mistake as the last time, when I released some crap xD

definately mate, not gonna release it tomorrow, if I have the feeling, that its still not done and not working the way, I imagine. not gonna do the same mistake as the last time, when I released some crap xD

Cool mate no problem as I can use FuSS' tactic atm as his new version looks great. I can use that for a season (usually takes about 2 days if I go quick and about a week if I go slow) then I can use your new tactic in my 2nd season :) That's a good plan I think :)

Cool mate no problem as I can use FuSS' tactic atm as his new version looks great. I can use that for a season (usually takes about 2 days if I go quick and about a week if I go slow) then I can use your new tactic in my 2nd season :) That's a good plan I think :)

Have you got a link to that tactic mate? much appreciated if so ;)

Just wanted to say that it wasn't complete crap ;)

I took it for a new Malaga save, and with slight tweaks, it's brought the team from an abysmal campaign start, to currently 4th by mid march (season 1). Due to crazy amount of injuries and suspensions, I had to change from possesion based, shortpassing to fast flowing counter-like style, and this really helped out.

Like I said, only tweaked a few things, and I'm making small alterations from match to match depending on opp. tactics/formations and players available ;)

@ el magico - How's your brother mate? Recovering well? Also, how is the work on your tactic going?

Cheers.

hey mate, thx, he is well, coming home soon, have continued the save, currently leading the table with 6 games to go, but, am not really happy with the results (very close, even against swansea at home only 2-1 win) and the way we play. opposition often has lots of shots on target, creating chances and so on... am still working on it, on thursday, Ive once again weekend very early and can play a lot, so that I can fix the problems a lot quicker...

hey mate, thx, he is well, coming home soon, have continued the save, currently leading the table with 6 games to go, but, am not really happy with the results (very close, even against swansea at home only 2-1 win) and the way we play. opposition often has lots of shots on target, creating chances and so on... am still working on it, on thursday, Ive once again weekend very early and can play a lot, so that I can fix the problems a lot quicker...

Good to hear about your brother :thup:

Yeah, just release it when you think it's ready mate. I'm using FuSS' tactic atm anyway and what is good is that it's a 4231 too so it will be easier for me to switch to your tactic at the start of the new season as I won't have to buy many players.

Cheers.

About opposition creating chances...

I've found that lowering mentality, creative freedom and closing down on both fullbacks, actually stops a lot of opposition play against me. I know it would then seem that my offensive would be hampered by doing this, by I rarely saw much spectacular from either fullback in the first place, so I think it's a good compromise. Especially in away matches...

With the 'default' closing down, I found that the fullbacks would charge opp. midfielder/winger/wingback around the midfield line, mostly resulting in them being overplayed and leaving a huuuuuge space behind them on the flanks ;) With a lower closing down and mentality, they'll sit a bit deeper and wait for the opposition winger to receive the ball, thus enabling them to actually do a bit of defending against the opp. winger or surging wingback. Gives a bit more possesion to the other side, but in return they don't get that many chances out of it. Lot of times they're forced to play the ball into midfield, whre the two DMC's are waiting for them ;)

About opposition creating chances...

I've found that lowering mentality, creative freedom and closing down on both fullbacks, actually stops a lot of opposition play against me. I know it would then seem that my offensive would be hampered by doing this, by I rarely saw much spectacular from either fullback in the first place, so I think it's a good compromise. Especially in away matches...

With the 'default' closing down, I found that the fullbacks would charge opp. midfielder/winger/wingback around the midfield line, mostly resulting in them being overplayed and leaving a huuuuuge space behind them on the flanks ;) With a lower closing down and mentality, they'll sit a bit deeper and wait for the opposition winger to receive the ball, thus enabling them to actually do a bit of defending against the opp. winger or surging wingback. Gives a bit more possesion to the other side, but in return they don't get that many chances out of it. Lot of times they're forced to play the ball into midfield, whre the two DMC's are waiting for them ;)

thats, what I actually did, in fact, individual instructions like mentality, closing down and especially creative freedom, have now a much more influence on the way, how the players are reacting in the ME. for example, in fm 11, you could give your wingers full closing down, with 17 for CF and they still tracked back and closed down the opposition pretty much, as long as they did have high work rate. now, even my winger with work rate 15, he doesnt care about closing down his opposition and just stays and let the play run away, because he had very high mentality and cf, decreasing these two things helped me a lot defensively, im really solid at the back, but the problem now is, that I cant keep lots of possession, that I cant really build up a game from behind, as the opposition is closing down us very early and we often end up with useless long balls to the striker, who seems to be lost. thats actually the problem, Im working on. defence is pretty solid and I usually only concede in set pieces, long shots, or because of the 1st problem (we are losing the ball in our third, when were in possession and opposition is breaking very quickly). tomorrow morning, just 2 lessons college, then I can play until tuesday and hope to bring it out this time. really having a good feeling about this weekend, as Ive solved the firs problem and only need the attack now, which is often easier in fm, then defence :D

thats, what I actually did, in fact, individual instructions like mentality, closing down and especially creative freedom, have now a much more influence on the way, how the players are reacting in the ME. for example, in fm 11, you could give your wingers full closing down, with 17 for CF and they still tracked back and closed down the opposition pretty much, as long as they did have high work rate. now, even my winger with work rate 15, he doesnt care about closing down his opposition and just stays and let the play run away, because he had very high mentality and cf, decreasing these two things helped me a lot defensively, im really solid at the back, but the problem now is, that I cant keep lots of possession, that I cant really build up a game from behind, as the opposition is closing down us very early and we often end up with useless long balls to the striker, who seems to be lost. thats actually the problem, Im working on. defence is pretty solid and I usually only concede in set pieces, long shots, or because of the 1st problem (we are losing the ball in our third, when were in possession and opposition is breaking very quickly). tomorrow morning, just 2 lessons college, then I can play until tuesday and hope to bring it out this time. really having a good feeling about this weekend, as Ive solved the firs problem and only need the attack now, which is often easier in fm, then defence :D

Yes, this is not going to be a possesion based tactic, not to me anyway... But it doesn't have to be!

I've changed the passing settings for DMC's as well, reducing through balls, and lowering their passing style. This helps A LOT towards retaining some possesion. Before they would more often than not, hurl the ball forward towards nearest forward player, without really being able to do. This resulted in a huge amount of lost balls, but with the lower settings, they tend to think just a little bit more about what they do ;) Remember this is a rigid tactic, so they're instructed to do pretty much what you ask of them, regardless of their own opinion based on CF ;)

Anyway, now they can pass it around a bit, and they attacking players have time to get into positions, a make some runs to get into even better positions. It's still a pretty fast flowing strategy on the offense, so these lower passing settings doesn't take the speed out if it.

When up against better opponents, I've also had succes with moving AMC down to MC spot, playing him as a supportive midfielder, or even ball winning. This of course requires another type of player than the AMC position, but it also helps creating a playable focal point for the DMC's if the wings are covered. The MC will of course be placed closer to the DMC's, and with the right movement, the opposition midfielders will be pressing high on the DMC's, thus leaving a small space for the MC to receive the ball and pass it out towards the wings, or straight into the feet/run of the forward.

Don't know if its ok to post this and sorry el_magico if it isn't. If that's the case, I will erase the link. But as there is people wanting a 4231 tactic, until you release your version, this seemed like a good one: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/87648-xenons-4-2-3-1-cm-dm.html

no problem mate ;)

arsenalaway.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

testings are going on pretty well, only negative point is, that I still have some defensive problems, otherwise, I would have uploaded the tactic. seems like in fm 12, those little pacy strikers can even get past my defenders much easier than its been in fm 11. my back four is alwys solid, building a line, someone like van persie gets the ball in midfield running towards my back four and he can easily reach my box and can shot, without any of my center backs even thinking about making tackles. they are so cautious when its coming to going into challenges, I dont know, where the problems lies. even when I set their tacklings to normal or hard, they just hesitate to make tackles...

Looks very nice, don't worry too much about concedeing seems most people have problems with defence this year... althou scoring seems to be a bit easier.

SI really has done a crap with this ME. crosses are awful, as its been in fm 10, why changing fm11 me? defending is even more awful than in fm11, where it was still not really good. if you have a technically good and pacy striker, you can score lots of goals, by just giving him the ball and him running pas the defenders. defenders are just too cautious, they dont go into challenges, wait and wait until the opposition player has made a decision. I am trying, experimenting with every single setting, but still cant get this **** tight enough. you wont score any time 4 goals at stamford bridge, luck belongs to it, but at least make sure, that you dont concede 2 goals in average in away games, thats, what I want to have and what I think, is key to a successful tactic. especially with this ME, where strikers still mist at least 3 of 5 1o1s unless you dont have a world beater upfront, you cant rely on your attacking power. hope to fix it out this weekend :D

crossings are just so awful xD

I cant believe, how much the match engine has been downgraded... kinda reminds me off fm 10, where you only could have success with very narrow tactics. dont know, what to do, as the 4231 is just not working like in fm11 :(

I cant believe, how much the match engine has been downgraded... kinda reminds me off fm 10, where you only could have success with very narrow tactics. dont know, what to do, as the 4231 is just not working like in fm11 :(

Agrre with the part of the (deep)4231 but for me, its down to that the flat 442 is again ruling the world rather than those narrow tactics. For me though, its not the tactics that makes me scream, but the ball physic

Agrre with the part of the (deep)4231 but for me, its down to that the flat 442 is again ruling the world rather than those narrow tactics. For me though, its not the tactics that makes me scream, but the ball physic

yeah mate, for example the results, Ive posted above, were all with 4411, but the problem is, that I dont really like this formation and I prefer a 4231 with attacking wingers/inside forwards, since I really have the impression, that wingplay, especially crosses are much more awful than it was in fm 10. fm 11, wingers ruled the game and now, its like 9 out of 10 crosses are handled at the near post by the opposition defender. I dont know, but seems like I need to focus on the 4411 unfortunately, as I dont see any other solutions...

yeah mate, for example the results, Ive posted above, were all with 4411, but the problem is, that I dont really like this formation and I prefer a 4231 with attacking wingers/inside forwards, since I really have the impression, that wingplay, especially crosses are much more awful than it was in fm 10. fm 11, wingers ruled the game and now, its like 9 out of 10 crosses are handled at the near post by the opposition defender. I dont know, but seems like I need to focus on the 4411 unfortunately, as I dont see any other solutions...

Why you don´t try a 4222 with wingers?

Why you don´t try a 4222 with wingers?

too attacking in my opinion, I always prefer a solid defence over a superb attack and also want to use a trequartista, as the most of my favourite players are playing this position. come on maaaaaaan, Im gonna find a solution for that 4231, just cant give up and try another tactic. it must work, just need to find out a way to make the wingers pass more. if i set rwb to sometimes, than they just hit the ball whenever they have, but I just want them to play like in fm 11, get the ball out wide, cut in, no matter whether on your prefered foot or not and just look for the killer ball or the amc who is doing the job, but in fm 12, they tend to just run down the flank and trying to cross, which will not reach its target in 9 of 10 times...

ill wait to fully judge this tactic yet, and ill post any screenies

im qpr in 2018 with a team mainly regens, your formation suits my team perfectly i have a regen whos basically the new messi and my striker is an all rounder

well first match, league cup semi final 2nd leg

beat man city 7-0, my striker scored 5 goals (they beat me 2-1 in previous leg and i was at home)

impressive lol!

but the moden era were in there is less crossing and more working the ball into the box

but the moden era were in there is less crossing and more working the ball into the box

current manchester united team with nani/valencia and young on the wings, you know, how much crosses theyre doing each game? and just because the style of many teams has changed, this is still not a reason for the fact, that now in fm12, wingers pass the opposition full backs, completetly free, having plenty of time and 2,3 players in the box and they still stop and either turn backwards to the full back or making an awful cross to the near post where the opposition defender can easily clear the ball. it really reminds of the match engine of fm10. Ive watched some games from other tactics like from fuss, mr hough and vodu, and none of them really play wide. very narrow and trying to get as many players as possible into the box with the midfielders and wingers feeding them with through balls and trying to exploit the middle. so this is also one more reason, that shows, that you can actually have success with width...

This thread is dead :(

Any updates el magico?

sry mate, but seriously, Im losing the joy for this game. I dont know, but it seems like in this years fm, you cant really create ONE plug and play tactic, which will work anytime, with any team. Ive had 3 everton saves so far, in all of them, I started very good, finished in 2 of them the first half of the season with more than 14w, just when I thought, ok, this tactic seems to work, just need to fix some problems, I probably experience an immense nightmare, and then Im starting to lose and lose, that I cant even win against lower division teams in fa cup or carling cup without the help of set pieces or by just scoring random goals. then I think, ok, tactic is a fail, starting to tweak and towards the end of a season, when Im starting to beat villa away with 5-1 and creating 8 ccc, liverpool at home 4-1, winning the fa cup final against manu with 3-0, I just think, ok, lets try another save with the same team, to see how it would work from the beginning, and see there, once again, whilE I was banging the teams out of the pitch, I fail to create one single ccc in a game, even against swansea, birmingham and so on...

the problem is, I never know, whether Im working on something special or does it look good because of a super morale and other factors... this is the most difficult thing about this years fm... even when Im reading through the other threads of other users, there are still lots of members, who either have a lot of success with certain tactics, but there are also a lot of members, who cant bring the tactic to working for them. kinda feels like you cant create one plug and play, which will rock the game as it was in fm11. but still working on something. still not give up. btw, does anyone know, whether the new patch is coming at xmas?

sry mate, but seriously, Im losing the joy for this game. I dont know, but it seems like in this years fm, you cant really create ONE plug and play tactic, which will work anytime, with any team. Ive had 3 everton saves so far, in all of them, I started very good, finished in 2 of them the first half of the season with more than 14w, just when I thought, ok, this tactic seems to work, just need to fix some problems, I probably experience an immense nightmare, and then Im starting to lose and lose, that I cant even win against lower division teams in fa cup or carling cup without the help of set pieces or by just scoring random goals. then I think, ok, tactic is a fail, starting to tweak and towards the end of a season, when Im starting to beat villa away with 5-1 and creating 8 ccc, liverpool at home 4-1, winning the fa cup final against manu with 3-0, I just think, ok, lets try another save with the same team, to see how it would work from the beginning, and see there, once again, whilE I was banging the teams out of the pitch, I fail to create one single ccc in a game, even against swansea, birmingham and so on...

the problem is, I never know, whether Im working on something special or does it look good because of a super morale and other factors... this is the most difficult thing about this years fm... even when Im reading through the other threads of other users, there are still lots of members, who either have a lot of success with certain tactics, but there are also a lot of members, who cant bring the tactic to working for them. kinda feels like you cant create one plug and play, which will rock the game as it was in fm11. but still working on something. still not give up. btw, does anyone know, whether the new patch is coming at xmas?

Good to hear from you again mate. Yeah, I understand it must be frustrating trying to get a plug and play tactic to consistently work, that's why I don't create tactics lol I prefer to use other people's and just take care of the other side of the game like man management, transfers, scouting etc. Good to hear that you are still working on something, I hope you have success in the end.

Archived