*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

Only used it so far in a couple of pre-season games on my Rangers save - beat my reserves 5-0 and Dunfermline 4-1.

Early days I know but I really like the shape of this tactic. Looks really solid and the players don't drift out of position. Also the pace at which you hit your opponents on the counter attack is great.

I'm going to build my side around this tactic - I don't have every player that is best suited to each position but building a team is what the games all about!

Will post up some screen shots as I get further into my season and start developing a good squad.

good luck mate. winning the championship shouldn't really be that difficult :)

hope you can gain some success in european competitions. give your team time to gel and to know the tactic and watch out, that your players don't get complacent, as you could face matches like my match against almeria xD (posted screenshot above)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

el_magico89..............Now my squad is completely fluid with the system, they are vertually untouchable........love the way the central striker pulls the defenders away for the AMC to make runs beyond him and scores alot of goals, improved my wingers during the January window and they are running the wings for fun, with loads of crosses into the box.

Fixtures since my last post:

wrexhamwrexhamfixtures.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, we made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and played Everton away........although the final result looks like a trashing, it doesnt tell the whole story! we took the lead after 61mins.....i made all 3 substitutions because the players were looking tired, then disaster, had one player come off with an injury, and then one player sent off!.......in the 80th min. so had 9 men, who were very tired, and it collapsed from there LOL.

Current League table:

bluesquarebetpremierinfyi.png

We are looking good for promotion, certainly a play-off place

Love the tactic mate, will report back at the end of the season!

el_magico89..............Now my squad is completely fluid with the system, they are vertually untouchable........love the way the central striker pulls the defenders away for the AMC to make runs beyond him and scores alot of goals, improved my wingers during the January window and they are running the wings for fun, with loads of crosses into the box.

Fixtures since my last post:

wrexhamwrexhamfixtures.png

As you can see, we made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and played Everton away........although the final result looks like a trashing, it doesnt tell the whole story! we took the lead after 61mins.....i made all 3 substitutions because the players were looking tired, then disaster, had one player come off with an injury, and then one player sent off!.......in the 80th min. so had 9 men, who were very tired, and it collapsed from there LOL.

Current League table:

bluesquarebetpremierinfyi.png

We are looking good for promotion, certainly a play-off place

Love the tactic mate, will report back at the end of the season!

good job mate. am really glad, that you take the time to post some results :)

let me hear about your final results! do you use team talks or does your ass maanger do it? have a nice day and good luck ;)

I let my assistant do the team talks normally, unless we are playing below par and then i stick my 2 pence worth in lol...........i dont do any touch line instructions during the game, i just leave the game to play out......you have a good one too mate, cheers

I let my assistant do the team talks normally, unless we are playing below par and then i stick my 2 pence worth in lol...........i dont do any touch line instructions during the game, i just leave the game to play out......you have a good one too mate, cheers

definately no touchline instructions and no opposition instructions! well me myself let my assistant do the talking aswell, but as soon as I have the feeling, that he might chose the wrong option, I change them, for example, when I am leading 1-0 at half time and he tells the players, hes glad about the result, than I change it to "don't drop your performance" or encourage them, when I have the impression, that they are nervous and things arent going the way, we imagined.

hi el_magico. As for match preparation do you leave it on team blend al season long or do you change it when your bars are full?

well, when bars are full, I usually let it on team blend with "low" level. so just two clicks from the left to right, as I want my players focus more on their training schedules :)

you can also change it, considering the team you face. but I personally have made the experience, that team blend is the best option, since when your team really gels well, than you dont need to focus on extra areas for a certain match.

goodness me, scored over 110 goals and collected over 100 points and still had almost lost the league in the last game, when I was 1-0 behind at ht xD

la liga is really the most difficult league to play on long term. barcas 1st eleven against me included busquets, xavi, iniesta, hazard, messi and villa. so sick -.-

but am proud, that Im still on top, since 3years now with my squad from the first season ;)

now Im facing ManU in cl finale :)

tableza.jpg

good to see some screenshots, as any will help the tactic to get more popular. unfortunately mr.hough has uploaded his new tactic at almost the same time, so I guess the most guys are focused on his new one. would be nice, if you guys could also upload this tactic in other forums, as I dont know much other fm forums, since Im new to this game.

Holy crap, tight league or what?! Tbh, even if I were Real I'd be disappointed to have that many points and not win the league, never mind finishing 3rd!

a bit like in rl :)

every weekend, its not the question, whether those two teams gonna lose points, but much more, whether the opponents can hold the result as tight as possible^^

in my first 2 seasons I had very easy wins, but now in this 3rd season theyve really strengthen their squads. It was really crazy how barcas line-up was. still managed a 2-1 loss away, even though I was leading 3-0 by ccc and one of the goals came from a corner, but at home I really dominated them. same against real. I drew 2-2 away, even though I was leading until the 79. minute and won 2-0 at home. the two losses came at home against sociedad xD 2-3, they were 17. in the table at this time and away to barca...

does anyone actually play with lukaku? its so strange, that he hasnt been really developed they way, I imagined and I know from fm 10. it cant be a matter of training schedule or coaches, since my other two strikers have developed so well. in my tottenham save, Ive had the same problems, but thought it would be because of the schedules and changed them and theyre working really well, only lukaku has still not developed :(

at the weekend, Im going to update the starting post with more information, concerning player requirements, as I feel, I have played enough with this tactic to say, which player types would be the best. also am going to upload my own training schedules, since Ive made very good experiences with it and all my youngstars have developed pretty well ;)

Interested in this but the only reason I'm not using it is because I use the Tic Tac Magick tactic and it is as close to Barca's style I've seen a tactic get to.

mate, honestly, if you like the barca style, than youre wrong in this thread :)

I am absolutely no fan of this slow, boring, short passing game. this is a modern counter attacking style of football, what the tactic produces.

I have decided to start my very last save of this years edition. am gonna start with palermo, as I really want to test pastore :)

results coming probably at the weekend. guess need to sign some center backs and wingers, since palermo has only one center back and plays usually without wingers -.-

mate, honestly, if you like the barca style, than youre wrong in this thread :)

I am absolutely no fan of this slow, boring, short passing game. this is a modern counter attacking style of football, what the tactic produces.

Ok mate, no problem. Good results though, respect! :thup:

I guess you don't like Barca IRL either then?

Ok mate, no problem. Good results though, respect! :thup:

I guess you don't like Barca IRL either then?

absolutely :)

god, cant understand, how people can find such a football attractive -.-

I am much more a fan of quick counter attacking football ;)

I like the way Barca play IRl I think it's fantastic. However for some reason I can't get Tic Tac magick to work well and Mr Houghs tactics either. This tactic 'Mourinho-s-counter-attacking-4231deep' works the best for me and gives me the best results. Some of the football produced once everything is fluid is amazing. Plus I dont have to tinker with match shouts, teamtalks etc just leave to assistant manager :) Cant wait for your training schedules el_magico89 :D

el_magico89............End of season report as promised.......would just like to say that i enjoyed the tactic very much and thank you for all your hard work! i have tried and tried to formulate my own tactics and have never been successful......all the guys that allows us to use the tactics they create are brilliant, whether they work for people or not!

League Table for the season:

bluesquarebetpremierinfy.png

Also won the FA Trophy for the first time ever on FM11:

gatesheadvwrexhaminform.png

And finally my fixtures carrying on from my last post:

wrexhamwrexhamfixtures2.png

So, now into League 2, will continue to use your tactic and see what happens. All my outfield players were 7 plus on average rating, the goalkeepers were in the high 6's.....purely because they never had much to do!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work, and considering that all my players never cost a penny in transfers, i believe that everyone could have fun with this, just need to look for the right players in the right positions!

el_magico89............End of season report as promised.......would just like to say that i enjoyed the tactic very much and thank you for all your hard work! i have tried and tried to formulate my own tactics and have never been successful......all the guys that allows us to use the tactics they create are brilliant, whether they work for people or not!

League Table for the season:

bluesquarebetpremierinfy.png

Also won the FA Trophy for the first time ever on FM11:

gatesheadvwrexhaminform.png

And finally my fixtures carrying on from my last post:

So, now into League 2, will continue to use your tactic and see what happens. All my outfield players were 7 plus on average rating, the goalkeepers were in the high 6's.....purely because they never had much to do!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work, and considering that all my players never cost a penny in transfers, i believe that everyone could have fun with this, just need to look for the right players in the right positions!

exactly mate! i am going to write much more about this tactic, when I have time. guess tomorrow I will update the whole thread with my schedules and input and screenshots. there is a lot to explain, since I feel, I have played enough and made enough experiences, in order to share those things with other members. keep up the good work and dont forget to improve your squad, as youre now a level up^^

Just won the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League & League Cup with Arsenal first season, no signings, with this tactic. Bloody brilliant mate. :)

could you upload some screenshots pls? am looking forward to the stats of nasri and fabregas. did they play in a position upfront? i guess yes. or did fabregas play as a dmc? would be really a waste at this position :)

el_magico89 - Just noticed that you say in your opening post that the striker is target man with run onto ball set. I haven't been doing this in my 8 pre season games! Is it just a case of dragging the striker into the target man list?

el_magico89 - Just noticed that you say in your opening post that the striker is target man with run onto ball set. I haven't been doing this in my 8 pre season games! Is it just a case of dragging the striker into the target man list?

You should find it selects your striker automatically, if i'm correct?

no mate. this is a tactic made with the new tactic creator and not the old classic one. in the new TC you can select playmaker and target man when you click at the tactic table. its very important, that you set your striker as target man with run onto ball. one of the key points of this tactic ;)

MY AMC (CANALES)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6045/cesmm.png

he is the second best perfomer after CARLOS MONSTER VELA...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7408/velaf.png

el_magico i followed your advice, and i sold Vossen although he had 24 goals in 27 appearances...

now having Vela this tactic is performing so great...

i am in my second season with Panathinaikos, and so far i have 21 wins 1 loose in 22 games of league, and qualified from Group (against Inter Shachktar Anderlecht) stage with 3 wins 2 drwas and 1 loose, and just beated Manchester United 3-1 at home in the 1st knockout round having my GK (Amelia...he is the "De Gea/Gomes/Akinfeev" for small countries leagues) injured for 6 months and playing with 19years old Delac...I HOPE i can stand in Old Trafford...

i will post results when year is finished...

waiting for you analysis...

PS. i have to say, that after the lose i mention before in the second game of the group at home from Inter (1-3), i ticked of Offside trap (as i though that my stoppers where closing down too much in dangerous areas, although they ara quick (i have Mate Simao left stopper and Xandao right with Coates being the first to substitute) and i am sure that the defence is going much better against giants and forwards such as Etoo or Rooney...The second game against Inter in the last fixture of the group, with offside trap OFF, was 1-1...maybe you can try it...

what do you mean with underperform? who is playing there? how is your team? need much more information. my amc is always been the best scorer after my striker. in any team and with every player.

Sneijder, Inter.

Average Rating 7.2(

MY AMC (CANALES)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6045/cesmm.png

he is the second best perfomer after CARLOS MONSTER VELA...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7408/velaf.png

el_magico i followed your advice, and i sold Vossen although he had 24 goals in 27 appearances...

now having Vela this tactic is performing so great...

i am in my second season with Panathinaikos, and so far i have 21 wins 1 loose in 22 games of league, and qualified from Group (against Inter Shachktar Anderlecht) stage with 3 wins 2 drwas and 1 loose, and just beated Manchester United 3-1 at home in the 1st knockout round having my GK (Amelia...he is the "De Gea/Gomes/Akinfeev" for small countries leagues) injured for 6 months and playing with 19years old Delac...I HOPE i can stand in Old Trafford...

i will post results when year is finished...

waiting for you analysis...

PS. i have to say, that after the lose i mention before in the second game of the group at home from Inter (1-3), i ticked of Offside trap (as i though that my stoppers where closing down too much in dangerous areas, although they ara quick (i have Mate Simao left stopper and Xandao right with Coates being the first to substitute) and i am sure that the defence is going much better against giants and forwards such as Etoo or Rooney...The second game against Inter in the last fixture of the group, with offside trap OFF, was 1-1...maybe you can try it...

I have played without offside trap at first, but conceded way too much. then, afters starting my atletic save, Ive tried offside trap and had the feeling, that my back four is much more disciplined. without offside trap, it looks like the fullback leaves his position, in order to close down the winger and the center backs just hold their positions instead of closing that gap. now with offside trap, I look much more compact in the defence. as you might have seen, Ive finished my last season with just conceding 15 goals in a league with the likes of barca and real. definately with offside trap is my advise. sometimes when you concede goals, its not only because of the tactic mate. your cb might have caught a bad day, or theyre maybe weak, considering your playing manu or inter with panathinaikos and so on. but its up to you, feel free to tweak it mate ;)

velas finishing and especially composure is extraordinary.

Sneijder, Inter.

Average Rating 7.2(

mate, honestly, I dont give a f*** about ratings. this rating system is just absurd, since even though you would have a clean sheet against manutd in old trafford, your cbs wouldnt get ratings higher than 6.9 , 7.0 unless they score a goal. I have never considered ratings, which is much more important for me is, that he scores and makes assists. does your amc have problems with scorerpoints? thats what interests me ;)

el_magico89...........Started the season in League 2.......just thought i would show you my progress.......Wrexham are favourites to get relegated!

Fixtures so far:

League Table:

npowerleague2informatio.png

Signings made:

wrexhamtransfershistory.png

Going through a bad patch with injuries at the moment, with a not very strong squad depth, but as long as i stay away from relegation i will be happy!

just lost to Champions League Semi final from Benfica second leg 4-1, having won first leg at home 3-1......

CCC of Benfica ONE............

Amelia injured and playing with 19 years old Delac...

Still, managing to reach Semi Finals of Champions League in the second year with Panathinaikos a great achievment especially with 11.3 patch...

1st knock out Manchester United (Won home and away 3-1, 1-0) Quarter Finals AZ (Won home away 4-1, 5-3) and Semi Finals Benfica...

MY SQUAD

For me this is the best 11.3 tactic...

PS. about offside...i agree with you el_magico that maybe is better generally but there are many different asspects between every one of us...for example your Atletico has much more reputation than my Panathinaikos wich makes difficult matches even more difficult for me dispite the players...altough i think next year i will try the offside trap ON...

just lost to Champions League Semi final from Benfica second leg 4-1, having won first leg at home 3-1......

CCC of Benfica ONE............

Amelia injured and playing with 19 years old Delac...

Still, managing to reach Semi Finals of Champions League in the second year with Panathinaikos a great achievment especially with 11.3 patch...

1st knock out Manchester United (Won home and away 3-1, 1-0) Quarter Finals AZ (Won home away 4-1, 5-3) and Semi Finals Benfica...

MY SQUAD

For me this is the best 11.3 tactic...

PS. about offside...i agree with you el_magico that maybe is better generally but there are many different asspects between every one of us...for example your Atletico has much more reputation than my Panathinaikos wich makes difficult matches even more difficult for me dispite the players...altough i think next year i will try the offside trap ON...

I think, you can be proud of your achievements mate. Even I could manage to win the trophy for the first time in the 3rd season, since in the second year I lost to real in the semi finals away 3-0 and at home won 4-1, even though I was leading 4-0 -.-

There is no tactic, even the ones of mr.hough, which guarantees, that you win every game with a solid team. this is still a computer game and not only tactics play a factor in the results. your center backs might have a bad day and then off course its a shame and bad luck, when they catch this bad day on a knockout round. for example in my second season with atletic, I dominated the league, was unbeaten, managed to win twice against real, even in the away match I banged them 1-4 but then in the cl first leg of the semis, I lost to the same team 3-0 and the goals came all in the first half, one from corner, one was a direct freekick and just one was really a clear cut chance. I felt just paralized, since I didnt know what to do. but I trusted my tactic, didnt change anything and win the scnd leg 4-1, but sill was knocked out :(

I think you must define, what you expect from your team. you cant say, ok, there is a good tactic and I expect to win the treble in the first season, when I dont really have the squad. I think thats one of the factors, why many users rate some tactics very bad. cause they promise too much from a tactic and just expect, that everything is running well. but still, semis with a greek team in the second season is a big achievement, since you cant really get good players to greece in the second season and I expect, that you didnt have such a talented squad like my atletico side. I hope for more users. am gonna update the thread in the late afternoon. just waiting to play some games with my napoli side. am really looking forward to hamsik, lavezzi and cavani :)

If all your wingers were right or left footed only, who would you play on which side?

well, when I have wingers, who are also capable of playing as inverted wingers, then I usually prefer the much quicker playing as a pure winger and the one, who is much more the creative one, who has good passing abilities as inverted winger, since he tends to play much more through balls, when he cuts in on his better foot. am playing with lavezzi as left winger and am looking forward, how it is going to work, since I never had such a talented winger in any of my games :)

well, when I have wingers, who are also capable of playing as inverted wingers, then I usually prefer the much quicker playing as a pure winger and the one, who is much more the creative one, who has good passing abilities as inverted winger, since he tends to play much more through balls, when he cuts in on his better foot.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I've just started a save with Evian and am going to try this tactic.

from the first game with napoli, I can tell you guys : DEFINATELY NO DMC with the ppm "RUNS FORWARD WHENEVER POSSIBLE" since we play with a higher tempo and also have dmcs forward runs ticked on "sometimes" my CAPOUE tends to run forward too quickly, so that he takes the room for my attacking players, but the most important thing, he is not there, when I build the game from behind and my CBs have no passing option in midfield. so, make sure, that you dont use DMCs with this ppm. the ppm "runs into oppositon third" is ok and doesnt really have an impact on the tactic.

Hey, first and foremost, thanks for putting the tactic up onto Mediafire, only got a chance to test it today. Looking at the success of everyone who have posted here... I thought it's time for me to share my confusion about the other side of things (i.e. the unsuccessful).

I personally don't think it's fair to judge the success of a tactic by just a few competitive games, but it sure is frustrating. Doing absolutely crap at the moment in the league and just dumped out of the league cup by almighty West Ham, but a consolation would be from the 4-0 thrashing of Real Madrid, other than that, it's looking absolutely dreadful right now. What am I doing wrong?

15qvndf.png

15x007m.png

*edit: Let me know what other information you need, my next four games are against: Birmingham, Partizan (in ECC), Everton and Blackpool. I'll post results of it and see how it goes. The tactic is fluid to the max by the way. Focusing on defensive positioning as I'm leaking way too much from set-pieces and open-play.

Archived