*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

I created this tactic, when I was playing with Tottenham and came almost to the end of the 2nd season.

I managed to win everything in the 3rd season with them.

Then, I started a new save with Atletico Madrid and won the treble in the very first season. As the screenshot of my squad shows, I've sold all the deadwood and signed cheap and young talents. So even though, I've changed almost the whole 1st eleven, you must consider, that this is still the very first season and none of the players have even reached 50% of their potentials.

Now let's come to the tactic:

Training schedules (everything explained in readme):http://www.mediafire.com/?3v3kbtnxu5gmowa

Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?4jw3ez390r1808o

http://www.2shared.com/file/NE9bArBw/mous4231__At_Madrid_Feb_2012_.html

http://uploaded.to/file/0erg78ch

Formation: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/atsquad.jpg/

Results and achievements:

La Liga http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/laliga.jpg/

Copa del Rey http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/copadelreyh.jpg/

Europa League http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/europaleague.jpg/

Stats of my key players:

Agüero http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/agero.jpg/

Lukaku http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/lukakuh.jpg/

Witsel http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/witselc.jpg/

Kadlec http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/kadleck.jpg/

Some results:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/sociedads.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/realaway.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/realhome.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/levanteaway.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/barcaaway.jpg/

The only game I've lost was against Sevilla, when I was experimenting with opposition instructions and really failed.

Have almost won every single match against the top teams. Twice against Real Madrid, faced 4 times Barca, beat them in both "Copa" matches and managed to get draws in both league competitions. I have no problems against top teams, since they really suit to this quick counter attacking tactic. The only problems I have is complacency. All the points I lost, were against lower sides. But, after getting familiar with the different methods of team talk, I've won every single match against those "lower level teams". Unfortunately I've had a lot of injury problems to the end of the season and had to play every 3rd day with the same eleven, since my attacking players like Agüero, Juanfran, Lamela, Kadlec and Torje got injured. But still managed to win the Europa League and La Liga :D.

I would really like to upload a screenshot of all of my results, but the season is over now and I don't know, how to get these results from the older fixtures.

If anyone wants to see more screenshots or pkms or even screenshots of my tottenham save, pls don't hesitate to ask. I hope this thread gets a bit attention, since I really feel, that this tactic is one of the best tactics, which includes a realistic real life formation and doesn't exploit the match engine.

Required players:

Gk: Sweeper Keeper

Cb: Make sure, that your center backs do have some pace. They don't need to be as quick as the likes of the younger Ferdinand or Lucio, but if they are as slow as Terry, you might get some problems, since the d-line is a bit high. In my Tottenham save, I had some success with Dawson, but felt, that it could have been much better with a quicker defender.

Full Backs: Must be quick and need some good defensive attributes and also stamina is important. Passing is so far the only important attacking attribute. They don't need to be Dani Alves, since they are only there, to offer passing options for the wingers and the midfielders.

DMC: Positioning, marking, tackling, stamina, passing and off the ball movement are the most important attributes. Both DMCs are set up as supporting defensive midfielders, so they need to be good at the ball aswell. Make sure, that you have at least one creative player, who is the right DMC and one big, strong and aggressive guy. Against weaker teams, you can also afford to play with the likes of Defour, Montolivio and so on, who don't have good tackling and marking attributes. The most importang aspect, you have to consider on your DMCs, is the ppm "runs forward whenever possible". DON'T USE DMCs with this ppm. If you have one, sell him or try to talk with him, that he unlearns this move. This is very crucial for your build up play, but also attacking. The DMC with this ppm is going to take away room from your top 4 and will be missing, when you build the game up from the defence and your center backs or fullbacks have badly a passing option, since this DMC who has the ppm, who is set as rfd sometimes + high tempo, will immediately run forward and there is a huge gap between defence and midfield. So, make sure, you dont have such a defensive midfielder in your squad!

Wingers: Pace, dribbling, first touch, passing, off the ball, decent finishing and composure and also crossing are the most important attributes. Make sure, that at least one of your wingers are good finishers, otherwise you will struggle to find a goal, when your striker doesn't catch one of his best days :)

Also teamwork and workrate are very important attributes. The tactic is based on the fact, that since your playing with a high d-line, your aiming to put the opposition very early on pressure, in order to force him to make mistakes, so that you can break very quickly on counter. Both attributes should at least be 11. If you have one with low teamwork, make sure, that he has at least good mental attributes like decisions, anticipation and concentration, otherwise he might lose the ball to easily, when were on a build up play, which is very dangerous, when we play with a high tempo and lose the ball, as players were on their way to move forward.

Amc: Playing much more as a deep lying forward than a playmaker or attacking midfielder. Its important, that he has good finishing attributes, since he's some kind of a scnd striker. In my Tottenham save, I've used Modric, had some success with him, but also getting mad, when he found himself in very good positions, but failed to score. Players like Rossi, Neymar, Pastore, Rooney, Jovetic are the ideal players for this role. But with a good playmaker, you can have success aswell ;) If your AMC has the ppm "runs forward whenever possible", I would also try to give him the ppm "comes deep to get the ball", as sometimes he might lose the connection to the two holding midfielders, when he starts his forward moving too early. but its still not that bad like a DMC having this ppm, since you want your amc to run into channels. Its very important, that you dont use an amc with the ppm "cuts inside". this is very crucial to the tactic, since he will not run into channels consistently. if you have such a player as amc, try to either unlearn him this ppm or try to give him the ppm "moves into channels" otherwise you might have to sell him, since hes useless in this tactic as an amc.

Striker: Well, as you can see the screenshot of Agüero, he was banging all the opponents in this season. He himself managed to score almost half of my goals. Unfortunately he got injured, would really liked to see his stats otherwise. But still not bad, considering he started only 23/24 league appearances.

The striker must be technically gifted, pacy and the most important thing is finishing and composure. He is the target man, who the whole team will work for. So make sure, that he's a clinical finisher. Also make sure, that he doesnt have the ppm "plays with his back to goal". We want him to make a lot of forward runs and force the d-line back, so that our amc does have much more room to play. when he does have this ppm, then make sure, that he has very good off the ball movement, so that he still knows, where and when he should make forward movements. Like the amc, the striker isnt allowed to have the ppm "cuts inside". we want him to move into channels and since he has high creative freedom, with the ppm cuts inside, he will much more prefer this style of play. so if you have a striker with this ppm, make sure, that he either unlearns it or try to give him the ppm "moves into channels"!

Make sure, that your first two captains are first eleven players! It makes such a big difference, when you have a captain with high influence on the pitch, since players getting less complacent against weaker teams and its a massive motivation boost, when youre playing top games.

Match preparation: Team blend full, until everything is fluid. later you can make your own decisions. I usually let it on team fluid with a "low" level, since I want my players to focus much more on their training schedules.

Opposition Instructions: Definately NO, as everything can balance out the defence. Have made bad experiences with it.

Team talk: It's up to you, how you motivate your team. Make sure, that they don't get complacent against weaker teams after a while! I have made very good experiences with ass. manager doing this job. So get a good one and let him do this stuff. But I sill check always, what he tells my team, and when I feel, that it he might have chosen the wrong one, I still improve it.

Set pieces: This is up to you. I feel, that I could do much better, so that's the reason, why I think, I don't need to write and explanations and let the set pieces be your work. But make sure, that you have enough quick players, when you have throw-ins, freekicks or corners, otherwise you could get outplayed from the wings, as you usually play with a high d-line.

No playmaker, striker is set as target man with run onto ball!!!

Attention: This is not a tactic for those, who struggle in their current save and hope to get quick results. You will get the final results, when everything is on fluid and when your team has blend well together. I am trying to get the results of my whole season to show you, how the results at the beginning were, when my team wasn't really blend well together. I still managed to win, but the results were very close. But with every single match, my team got stronger and stronger and then results like 4-0, 5-0 and so on weren't really rarity. What's also important is, that you often check your assistants feedbacks pregame. He will usually tell you, which player is complacent, but much more important, which player has still problems to blend into the squad and who has communication problems. this is very important, since not many fm users consider these aspects. the more players you have, who have difficulties to communicate and to blend in, the worse your performances will get. so sometimes its not only up to the tactics or to players individual attributes, when they dont score or make terrible mistakes in defence. so, when you are someone, who likes to build a team with talents and usually sell all the deadwood, which he doesnt need for his formation/tactic, then pls: DO IT ONLY preseason, so that your team has still some time to blend. do never sign players in the winter transfer period during a season. play with a worse player, its sometimes better then having someone with better talent and attributes, but who cant blend into the team and has communication problems.

Have fun and good luck!

I hope, I'm getting some feedbacks in the next days:thup:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
worht a try although u have quite a good squad

mate, its the very first season. did you see the attributes of kadlec, witsel and torje? none of my wingers even had 14 for first touch or dribblings. as I said, its a talented squad, but nowhere a good squad. look at my defence, only young players, whose mental attributes arent really that well! but still, someone shall show me some screenshots of the very first season, where he manages to stay unbeaten in 6 matches against real and barca with a side, who only has agüero, rated with more than 3,5*.

anyway, thx for the answer and I hope you give it a try. remember, wait until everything is fluid and your team blends well together.

The only problems I have is complacency. All the points I lost' date=' were against lower sides. But, after getting familiar with the different methods of team talk, I've won every single match against those "lower level teams". [/quote']

I Known you say use what you think best but what did you use as i like to find out what people use ;)

I Known you say use what you think best but what did you use as i like to find out what people use ;)

At first, I was using nothing. Just used the pre and post-game press conferences. But then, my ass manager warned me, that my players get complacent against weaker teams. This was also a problem in my Tottenham save. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of my whole fixture, to just show you, how my team played against the likes of Villarreal, Sevilla, Valencia, Barca, Real Madrid and how it played against teams like Gijon and so on. So, what I made was, beeing much more aggressive in terms of pre-game team talks. I made very bad experiences with "wish luck" and "you can win". I either use "expect a win" or "do it for your fans". At home, unless I play Barca or Valencia, considering my situation in the league and the odds, when they are below 1.90, I always use "expect a win" or "stick on" when this option is available, "expect a performance" when its available, or "Have faith" for players with low morale. Against the bigger sides, or especially in european cups or finals, I always use "do it for the fans". when I play away, against lower sides, the same as I do it in home games and against teams like barca, real, sevilla, valencia and so on "do it for fans". Had good experiences with this method. at half time, players with a rating between 7.0-7.7 I say "have faith" to motivate them, 7.7+ "glad about your performance" and 8.0+ delighted. for the rest, I use the team option. when Im leading 3-0 or even more, I usually be positive, when its just 1-0 or 2-0 I say "don't get complacent" when its only 1-0 "encourage" and considering the game situation, when the option "we're outplaying them or we only need one goal" is available, I use these two options aswell. The system is very complicated and even now, Im still experimenting. At first, I thought, not using team talks would be better, since you cant make anything wrong, but in my tottenham save and also now in my current atletico save, I always get the same message. Complacement! so I thought, I make something wrong. Team talks have really helped me :)

looks very impressive mate well done ..will use with my new season with man united...cheers

thx mate. Rooney as the trequartista, Hernandez as the striker, fletcher and carrick as holding midfielders, make sure, that one of your wingers has decent stats in finishing. don't really know, how it looks like for valencia and nani. if you can sign bale, do it mate! he was a monster for me. just look at his stats in my tottenham save bale13.th.jpg

bale12.th.jpg

el_magico89 great results and some very usefull advice about team talks...

one question...i have a LEFT footed winger very quick flairy dribbler, but with 12 passing 10 finishing 10 composure...he also have hug touchline prefere move...do you THINK its better to use him on the right (because of the cut inside option) or in his accomplished position (left) and wait from him some good runs and cross?

i know that testing is the best answer but just asking you opinion...

i used the tactic for 17 games in my 2nd season with man united ....league i played 13 won 12 drawn 1 .... rest were cup games i lost to napoli 0-1 at home i could not break them down as the were playin a 5-3-2 ....hernandez was wikid scoring 22 ...and nani was scoring alot from the wing ....i found the tactic the best out of any tactic ive used for 11.3 by far, its very solid in defence and the opposition does not create many chances and near to none CCC ....ive canned that game now and starting my final game for fm11 using metal Guitarist's latest update with Norwich City ...will report back when i can mate...well done on this tactic :)

el_magico89 great results and some very usefull advice about team talks...

one question...i have a LEFT footed winger very quick flairy dribbler, but with 12 passing 10 finishing 10 composure...he also have hug touchline prefere move...do you THINK its better to use him on the right (because of the cut inside option) or in his accomplished position (left) and wait from him some good runs and cross?

i know that testing is the best answer but just asking you opinion...

well, honestly, I must say, that even I have set them up as "cut inside", I have made the best experiences with the likes of bale, lennon and willian, who are more pacey natural wingers. it seems like they are much more dangerous in front of the goal, when they play on the side of their prefered foot. I would give him a go on the left side, but make sure, that he's at least very quick, so that he can run down the lines, as bale did in my tottenham save and bring crosses to the target man. crosses are set to mixed, but have make the experience, that if you have your striker ticked on as target man, they tend to play to his feet, when hes available in the box. if you play him on the left side, I would prefer to have at least someone with better finishing stats on the right and your amc should also has some decent finishing stats, otherwise you will struggle to find goals, when your best striker doesn't have one of his best days or gets injured, since this was my problem in the last few weaks, when agüero got injured, and lukaku missed tons of chances. shaqiri had just poor stats and torje got injured, so that I had to play with two wingers, who weren't born for scoring goals.

i used the tactic for 17 games in my 2nd season with man united ....league i played 13 won 12 drawn 1 .... rest were cup games i lost to napoli 0-1 at home i could not break them down as the were playin a 5-3-2 ....hernandez was wikid scoring 22 ...and nani was scoring alot from the wing ....i found the tactic the best out of any tactic ive used for 11.3 by far, its very solid in defence and the opposition does not create many chances and near to none CCC ....ive canned that game now and starting my final game for fm11 using metal Guitarist's latest update with Norwich City ...will report back when i can mate...well done on this tactic :)

wow mate, am really glad about your results. I hope your success continues. yeah mate, I could also observe, that some sides begin to play ultra-defensively against you. I had also some problems against the sides, who were playing 532 or 4141. but hey, even irl the best teams have problems to break those sides. since this tactic doesn't exploit the match engine, its even more difficult against these sides. so thats the reason, why I always say, that you have to make sure, that not only your striker is the only one dangerous in front of the keeper, have at least 2 with very good finishing attributes and at least one with decent, so that you can also find goals from different, unusual angles. what you can also make is, against these sides, you can use much more technically gifted DMCs, so that they can show some magical momentum. give your team time, im sure, it will even be better, the more you play with this tactic. my defence always struggle at the beginning of a new save, but as soon as my team has the status"blend well together or strong understanding" my defence also tightens up. in my atletic save Ive conceded 33 goals, but in my tottenham save, when I used the tactic in the scnd season, it was just 19 goals, I conceded.

am looking forward to the results with a lower side team, as I dont usually like to play with lower league sides and don't know, if this tactic works well with them aswell. so let us know, when you have played some games :)

HELLO,

Do yoy think huntelar is a good target man ou do i need a striker more pacey?

tks

mate, Im not sure, but a bit more pace would be better I guess. I find a lot of chances with lukaku too, he isnt as pacey as agüero, but still has decent stats. huntelaar is just too slow i guess. but you can try it out and tell me, how it worked :)

i used the tactic for 17 games in my 2nd season with man united ....league i played 13 won 12 drawn 1 .... rest were cup games i lost to napoli 0-1 at home i could not break them down as the were playin a 5-3-2 ....

mate, Im going to try to play with maximum pitch size, in order to see, if its working better against those sides or not. have alsways played normal pitch size :D

hope, this can help

im using smallest pitch with norwich as i think its gonna be tuff 1st season in the prem so i thought narrow might help me alot and it did even thoe ive played only one league game it was an awesome game i tell you that Norwich 1 Arsenal 1...we looked very solid should have won it

im using smallest pitch with norwich as i think its gonna be tuff 1st season in the prem so i thought narrow might help me alot and it did even thoe ive played only one league game it was an awesome game i tell you that Norwich 1 Arsenal 1...we looked very solid should have won it

well, as you play with a lower side team, it might help. me personally, I will give maximum pitch size a go, since I am challenging to win the league and Champions League.

do you just leave it on same setting i men control?? are do you ever put eg attacking etc...

no mate, I never change anything, since ive almost changed everything individually. so wont do any effects, if you change starting strategy.

dear i try your tactic with everton and i conceded lot of goal your defense it s too high i think ?

have you a tactic for away game and for home game because it s not the same thing

hey, how many goals did you concede? is everything on fluid? how were the results after a certain amount of games? I need some more pieces of information. as I wrote before, this tactic isn't a plug and play tactic, which exploits the match engine, so that guarantee is a success. Ive uploade some screenshots of my games against teams like barca and real. you can see, how many goals Ive conceded against them, or even how many ccc they had. not so much. so pls give it a try for a longer period, before you make any adjudgement. unfortunately I dont have an away tactic. I don't like using different tactics for home and away matches. I didnt even see any differences in away matches. reducing the d-line will have an effect on everything. how were your results btw? can you make a screenshot?

it is true that this tactic is BOTH very good attacking AND in blocking opponents CCC...

but the problem is that either way, any tactic you use, you need a great Goalkeeper...

i played a derby, had 18 shoots 4 ccc, the opponent 6 shoots 0 ccc, and lost 0-2...

Zlatan Muslimovic being a killer, and Djibril Cisse loosing so many chances...

If i was managing the opponent team it would happen the opposite...Muslimovic "should won the game for me" and Cisse would have kill me...

11.3 ME...

it is true that this tactic is BOTH very good attacking AND in blocking opponents CCC...

but the problem is that either way, any tactic you use, you need a great Goalkeeper...

i played a derby, had 18 shoots 4 ccc, the opponent 6 shoots 0 ccc, and lost 0-2...

Zlatan Muslimovic being a killer, and Djibril Cisse loosing so many chances...

If i was managing the opponent team it would happen the opposite...Muslimovic "should won the game for me" and Cisse would have kill me...

11.3 ME...

yes mate, that's what is also getting on my nerves. well, if you have watched some games with this tacitc, you will notice yourself, that everything relies on the center forward. if he catches a bad day, than you must praise, that one of the other 3 attacking players do the job. but unfortunately, wingers or inside forwards are so weak in front of the goal, its really mad. for example, I use a right footed kadlec as a left winger, my amc plays a through ball to him, you know, normally, a right footed player with so much space and time, would bring the ball to his right foot and just place the ball easily in to the corner. but in this ME they always shot with the weaker foot. I don't know, why they just don't use their better foot, since they have plenty of time to do this. but anyway, I don't say, that this tactic is the best one out here, since you can't say this, when a guy, called mr.hough is a member in this forum, but in my opinion, it's the most solid tactic, which includes a realistic formation, which is very popular in modern day's football and Im sure, that many of us wanted to play a system with wingers and amc.

I am playing SI's fm since 2 years. in both versions (2010/2011) I noticed, that as long as you dont use at least 2 strikers, it's very hard to find a goal, as wingers and amc miss so many chances. but anyway, as you've probably seen the screenshots, if you have a good striker, you can really bang the oppositions.

i totally agree and you made it clear that wingers and AMC MUST have good finishing...

i am sure if there is a great gollie too, the success is 100%...

Unfortunatelly you can have a great gollie only if you are one of the giants...

Fabio and Ochoa for example who were brilliant until patch 11.3 and affortable for low reputation leagues, they became mediocre gollies with the patch 11.3...

i totally agree and you made it clear that wingers and AMC MUST have good finishing...

i am sure if there is a great gollie too, the success is 100%...

Unfortunatelly you can have a great gollie only if you are one of the giants...

Fabio and Ochoa for example who were brilliant until patch 11.3 and affortable for low reputation leagues, they became mediocre gollies with the patch 11.3...

I am working on some very small defensive tweaks, since I have the feeling, that my fullbacks are getting caught of position to easily. Ive also reduced the mentality of the amc from 20 to 17 notches, so that he has a connection to the two holding midfielders. looking good so far, am posting some screenshots later...

please can you give me the new version i can test it for you

because i have lot of looses with the old

mate, is everything on fluid? how many games did you play with it? I am still testing it, am uploading it tomorrow. I want to help you, but you need to give me much more information like squad, morale, are your players blending well and so on.

have you mail to send you pic of my loose

your new tactic looks like interesting

mate, you can upload it here in this thread. Ive opened this thread to share the tactic and to talk about it. would be glad, if you could do it.

honestly, the new tactic doesn't really differ from the older one. the only changes I made so far are, playing with offside trap, nothing else changed in defence, helped me a lot, 24 games, just 18 conceded, still conceding too many goals from set pieces, as I don't have really big guys in the squad. Ive ticked off "hold up ball" for the two DMCs, the right dmc is now acting much more like a deep lying playmaker so that I gave him "ttb often" the rest is the same.

what also helped me a lot was, that I know let my ass manager the team talks. I dont do anything and just rely him. since he is doing that job, I haven't even lost one point. squad is almost the same, the only guy, who is new to the starting eleven is willian.

tablexc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gave away 3 cheap goals in the last two games against lower sides. all three came from unnecessary counter attacks, when I had throw-in in the opposition third and got countered. am now letting my wingers do this, since its much safer than relying my full backs.

tablexc.jpg

gave away 3 cheap goals in the last two games against lower sides. all three came from unnecessary counter attacks, when I had throw-in in the opposition third and got countered. am now letting my wingers do this, since its much safer than relying my full backs.

great results i thinks off sied is great think because with you tactic i have lot of possession

please give me link for new like that i test tommorow

great results i thinks off sied is great think because with you tactic i have lot of possession

please give me link for new like that i test tommorow

mate, I wrote it above. the only changes I made: tick on offside trap, tick off "hold up ball" from both DMCs, change try through balls from the right dmc to often. that's it. get a good ass manager with high motivating, man management, determination and discupline ratings and let him do the team talk, so that you only need to do press conferences and build the squad. wait until everything is on fluid and give your team time to blend. I have the impression, that generally in this forum, many users underestimate the effect of press conferences, player morale, team talk and team status. these things play an important role aswell.

mate, I wrote it above. the only changes I made: tick on offside trap, tick off "hold up ball" from both DMCs, change try through balls from the right dmc to often. that's it. get a good ass manager with high motivating, man management, determination and discupline ratings and let him do the team talk, so that you only need to do press conferences and build the squad. wait until everything is on fluid and give your team time to blend. I have the impression, that generally in this forum, many users underestimate the effect of press conferences, player morale, team talk and team status. these things play an important role aswell.

thanks but i play in french version what does it mean tick off "hold up ball" from both DMCs, change try through balls from the right dmc to ofte eplain the term hold up ball please

wich rank is it (like example takling is the rank 5 th in individual instruction

what is the rank of change try through balls from the right dmc to often.

I don't know, what SI regards as a CCC, but I had much more than 3 really clear chances. A game, I should have won 5-1,6-1, ends up with a poor 3-2. Anyway, have won, still unbeaten and it's a shame, that nobody is giving a credit to it.

You probably need a famous name, in order to get attention -.-

realaway.jpg

Archived