The 'Pay x player x amount of cash till end of contract thing

Think this could do with some changes. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a decent thing to put it, but could be tweaked. As I understand it, either you accept and they go, or you refuse and the player stays. At least I've never had a transfer go through when I've refused it (I'm looking at you Joe Cole, I'm not paying you 60 grand to play for Blackburn!)

What I'd like to see, is the ability to call the players bluff. Refuse, and then occasionally have the result where a player will sheepishly back down and go through with the transfer, or perhaps lessen their demands. Also, point out to the player that you'll simply stick them in the reserves for the rest of their contract, which will ruin their career(which would be quite a threat to ambitious players), or other similar threats.

Thoughts?

Yeah i would llike to see three options instead of the two you get which are just accept or decline i would like to see a third being added which is maybe negotiate where you can haggle over how much you pay the player or if u pay the player at all and the playerchanges there mind and transer still goes through i think something like this would be good and improve the scenario. what do you thinkof that chalky?

Yeah i would llike to see three options instead of the two you get which are just accept or decline i would like to see a third being added which is maybe negotiate where you can haggle over how much you pay the player or if u pay the player at all and the playerchanges there mind and transer still goes through i think something like this would be good and improve the scenario. what do you thinkof that chalky?

Yeah, that would be good. Anything which doesn't make it such a black and white decision.

tbh i've never really found this to be too much of a problem.. playing as liverpool i usually find the more often you actually manage to get them talking to other clubs, the less they ask for at the end of it.. i also think that the reason's you accept the bid for does play a role in how much the player ask's for to move..

i recently had a save where id kept offering Brad Jones out for 2m, Athletico,Sevilla & Bayern each bid 3 times in total (god knows why they wanted him) and each time he agreed with Athletico he asked for less from me.. still trying to replicate that situation (planning on leaving longer periods between offering him out, rather that doing it straight away as i did) but so far in my current save, accepting the bid using the club needs the money from the transfer reason seems to be having a positive effect..Aqualani even came out & said that he's willing to help with the clubs financial situation when i had a starting transfer kitty of £30m and a balance of £42m in the finance screen..

out of Poulsen (3.4m),Aqua (10m),Jova(4m),Degen(3m)Jones(1.3M) and Meireles(10m) i'm only paying Jova 8k per week for the remainder of his contract.. so far i've made £31.7m in transfer fee's to go on top of my starting balance from those 6 players, and from thier combined wages of £273k per week im paying 8k.. Cole & Maxi are getting their marching orders in Jan after they finish their tutoring assignments and clubs are more willing to part with their money.. hoping for atleast another 90/100k pw off the wage bill..

Archived