• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A.F.C. REAL UNITED OF SLOUGH TOWN’S REBEL SWIFTS

O.o

The idea is that they are a rather eccentric fan-owned club...:) :

Rebel - Comes from Slough Town's nickname, The Rebels

Swifts - Comes from one of the clubs that merged to form Slough Town

A.F.C. - In tribute to the great AFC Wimbledon, fantastic inspiration to all fan-owned football teams.

Real - Taken inspiration from Real Madrid, hopefully their talent will rub off on us.

United - In tribute to FC United of Manchester, another successful example of a fan-owned football team.

Slough Town - Every fan-owned team needs a hint of their original club. :)

OK, OK. There are still four spaces left but the sign up period will close today either when the four spaces have gone or when I decide I'm bored of waiting for the last few.

Am still waiting on Almondo and Sheriff 1993's badges. Need to send the badge options to Marky Mark!, Kenco, jayatsena, arkitekt and any other newbies that show today.

Some time this evening should see Phase 3 of the sign up stage land in your PM box. Please make sure your inbox is able to take a PM please.

GCB

The idea is that they are a rather eccentric fan-owned club...:) :

Rebel - Comes from Slough Town's nickname, The Rebels

Swifts - Comes from one of the clubs that merged to form Slough Town

A.F.C. - In tribute to the great AFC Wimbledon, fantastic inspiration to all fan-owned football teams.

Real - Taken inspiration from Real Madrid, hopefully their talent will rub off on us.

United - In tribute to FC United of Manchester, another successful example of a fan-owned football team.

Slough Town - Every fan-owned team needs a hint of their original club. :)

Maybe AFC Slough (to use their short name) should have Wernham Hogg as their sponsor?!!!

I see that Dustbin Rovers are already making friends ... :)

Quick update: everybody but one has returned PM3 >>> tut tut kevv2204, hurry up my friend. Also, glennuk and AidanofLFC, you forgot part of it so can you add the extra bit needed. It is quite important.

Everybody will get a PM back after PM3 (most of you already have it) that tells you about a reward you get depending on what your most important priority was. Some of you need to answer this PM to tell me something, others of you it is just for information. fyrros, ejldude, bergtaur, William Hall, Almondo, 5ergio and Sheriff 1993, if you could let me know ASAP so I can finish off the database.

Now who will your players be?

You are going to be assigned 11 players randomly. There are 28 players in each position (4-4-2) comprising of the 20 PL teams (last season) main player in that position and then 8 European stars. In each position, there are likely to be 12-14 top quality players and then some decent and even mediocre players. These will be assigned randomly. So you could get a team with Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Terry, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Robinho, Fabregas, Gerrard, Rooney and Torres. You could equally get the Blackpool starting eleven. However, you'll probably get a bit of a mixture in reality!

Some people may have players assigned to them as a reward as well.

Once these players have been assigned, I will open up the free agent market. Any player who plays in England (Premier League or Football League) that hasn't already been assigned will be up for grabs. You can choose any five players and these will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Obviously, this could lead to some bargains being snapped up. The players who aren't in Manchester United's first 11 for example but are still very, very good will basically be available on a free transfer. Any Football Legaue player will also be up for grabs - and there are some good ones around. I am hoping to open the 'Free Agent' selection at MIDDAY ON THURSDAY (GMT) - I appreciate that some of you are in the UK but I don't know how else to do it other than to give a specific start time.

If anybody has any questions, please ask ...

With the free agents thing, could there be a system where people can only sign one during the first x number of hours, and have 5 windows to sign their 5 players? That will allow those who aren't around at midday tomorrow a fairer crack at getting some half-decent players, otherwise the first people on willl sign 5 good players straight away.

Glad to see my team is up and running, but it seems like Essendon have copied my kit!! :mad:

Archived