Editing news reports

brightonrock

Hi there, I have a couple of questions - I am relatively confident with the editor (and have fiddled tentatively with the advanced editor with so-far adequate results) but I am a little stumped at the moment. The huge transfer updates, league activations and fantasy competitions are fantastic work (I use several such things myself), but IMO the community seems to particularly enjoy the small touches in particular, both editor wise and skinning - for example more commentary options, more questions and answers for press conferences, or facepacks - all helping to immerse us in the FM world. My particular gripe is with the match reports after the game.

Here's the match report from a pre-season friendly in my recent Brighton save:

Brighton outclass wobbly Woking

Woking 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion (Friendly)

Pre-match predictions were proved correct as Brighton and Hove Albion outclassed their opponents in a comfortable 2-1 victory.

Centre back Dan Sintim was left red-faced in the 11th minute as he managed to put the ball into his own net.

Striker David Gilroy then equalised for Woking in the 55th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Brighton's winner came through Ashley Barnes as he seized on Reiss Noel's mistake to score a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 2,233.

Now whilst that is all well and good, it would be far more interesting if these reports had more detail in them. For example, the own goal was from a cross by my winger. The equaliser came when a header from a corner was parried by my keeper and Gilroy followed up the rebound. The mistake by the defender for Barnes' goal was a poor headed clearance from a long ball, and Barnes placed it in the corner. It would be far more immersive if the reports had a bit of character and substance to them, rather than a generic brief description of each goal. Maybe something like this:

Brighton outclass wobbly Woking

Woking 1-2 Brighton and Hove Albion (Friendly)

Attendance: 2,233.

Pre-match predictions were proved correct as Brighton and Hove Albion outclassed their opponents in a comfortable 2-1 victory.

The visitors went ahead in the 11th minute when Woking centre back Dan Sintim inadvertedly turned a Craig Noone cross past his own goalkeeper. Brighton controlled the game until the 55th minute, when Woking pulled level from a corner. Casper Ankergren initally did well to parry a goalbound header from Adam Doyle but striker David Gilroy was on hand to poke home the rebound. Brighton's dominance deserved a second goal and it finally came when Ashley Barnes seized on a weak headed clearance from Reiss Noel to stroke home the winner.

I know in-game events, media responses, conversations and the titles of media reports and such can be edited...but does anyone know, can the content? The game recognises who gets an assist, or scored a placed or powerful effort, knows who made a mistake to be held responsible for a goal...so the information is there somewhere to be interpreted into a report that's a bit more detailed, varied and interesting than 'Player A scored in the X minute. Then Player B equalised in the Y minute. Player C got the winner in the Z minute.'

If so, I'd be interested in putting such an edit together. Would anyone be interested and/or have any ideas for if it's even possible?

Archived