Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we're wearing black armbands today for the horrible horrible events that have gone on in norway yesterday.

kind of brings me onto a point i meant to make last season (and has been happening for a few seasons now iirc). why the **** can't we get some proper ones instead of using gaffer tape? especially ridiculous when the manager is sitting there in a suit with tape wrapped around his arm. surely its not that hard to get some black material with velcro attached.

looks so shoddy and last minute with the tape.

The Reds team in full is: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Ayala, Robinson, Poulsen, Coady, Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Ngog. Subs: Jones, Flanagan, Insua, Degen, Carroll, Henderson, Kyrgiakos, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing, Wisdom, Wilson, Hansen, Adam

Aqua clearly a man with little prospects of a future here

Aquilani has been a part of Liverpool's pre-season tour of the Far East, but he is expected to be sold this summer as manager Kenny Dalglish attempts to balance his squad.

The arrivals of Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam mean competition for places is fierce at Anfield ahead of the new campaign.

Aquilani spent last season on loan at Juventus after struggling in his debut Premier League campaign, but the Serie A club were not prepared to meet Liverpool's asking price.

Fiorentina have also shown an interest and the 27-year-old's agent, Franco Zavaglia, told Corriere Fiorentino: "Anything can happen, never say never. We will wait and see if there is anything concrete."

But Zavaglia acknowledges the reported £70,000-a-week wages which remain on the five-year contract Aquilani signed in 2009 could prove difficult.

He said: "Alberto has a major contract with Liverpool, and Fiorentina operate with certain economic parameters.

"I don't know whether the operation is feasible, but over time something (salary) can be skimmed (reduced)."

http://www.football365.com/news/1776/7050461/Aquilani-wages-stall-Viola-move

Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Ayala, Robinson, Poulsen, Coady, Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Ngog.

Subs: Jones, Flanagan, Insua, Degen, Carroll, Henderson, Kyrgiakos, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing, Wisdom, Wilson, Hansen, Adam.

Silly unnecessary comment that bag packing one. Reserve that for the likes of poulsen or whoever who are doing more harm than good. Spearing has actually shown himself to be pretty useful. He's a good passer as well as the work rate and energy I think. Don't think we should let him go unless we have another DM lined up. Who is back up to Lucas if he goes?

He's a horribly limited player ben. Having the ability to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off - but non-stop - doesn't make him an adequate deputy to a starting Brazilian international.

He's a horribly limited player ben. Having the ability to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off - but non-stop - doesn't make him an adequate deputy to a starting Brazilian international.

tbf that's not at all what he does.

We need better than Spearing as back up for Lucas. I still think we can do better than Lucas too if I'm being honest; I'm not sure he should be an automatic starter for us, despite his performances last year.

i would agree with needing better.

Of this current squad I agree but I don't think he's good enough defensively to be a first choice defensive midfielder although I'm not saying he can't do a job there. I'm probably still living in the Mascherano days tbh and whilst I know that ship's sailed, I would like us to be looking for someone of his quality to fill the role if Lucas fails to make the grade.

has the game finished what was final score if so thanks

We got beat 3-0. Nothing really to speak of other than far too many attempted balls over the top and aimless crosses into the box. Downing looked positive though I thought.

Right, if you start saying we should be doing better than Lucas then that calls into question about 5-6 other positions doesn't it? Centre back, left back, right back, left wing, right wing. Lucas is as good a holding midfielder as the respective players players we have in those positions.

I didn't slate him, I'm just not sure he's good enough to be our first choice defensive mid for the next x amount of years. I think it's arguable that the jury is still out on him. Yes he had a good season last year, but his ability is limited and he's not even a natural in that position. I'd be happy for him to keep proving me wrong but I've just never been a fan.

I didn't slate him, I'm just not sure he's good enough to be our first choice defensive mid for the next x amount of years. I think it's arguable that the jury is still out on him. Yes he had a good season last year, but his ability is limited and he's not even a natural in that position. I'd be happy for him to keep proving me wrong but I've just never been a fan of liverpool.

i dont get this, i mean hes 24, hes only going to improve, hes a brazilian international so doesnt lack skill or technique, and is already one of the best at the position.

Archived