Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sportsdirect has our home and away shirts on sale for £4.99 for 24 hours only.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/daily-deals/sunday-daily-deals

Shipping is a killer for any non-European country though. Would definitely get the away shirt but shipping is £40 to the US.

If any UKers are feeling nice and want to help out, people are trying to organize a scheme where someone buys shirts in the UK and ships them to the US for cheaper.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/q6364/home_away_kits_90_off_sportsdirect_for_24_hours/

Wow, brilliant deal, may have to get the away one just for the hell of it. Already got our Home shirt, with Agger on the back :cool:

Buzzing for today's game! Being in London it's easy to get excited as there were so many people dressed in Cardiff and Liverpool shirts last night in pubs all over the place, wish I had a ticket for the game!

Eurgh. Central midfield is horrible. From the first minute I'm looking at it thinking the shapes all wrong. Adam and Gerrard basically trying to do the same job. Would've much preferred a 3 with Spearing in there. Henderson is not a right midfielder We have established this plenty of times over the last 6 months. Bellamy on for Henderson if we're insisting on playing 4-4-2.

Suarez has an exactly 50/50 chance of exciting me or frustrating me every time he touches the ball. Just for once I'd wish he'd hold onto it just a second, get his head up and engage his brain. But then when you're losing patience with him he just shows that incredible ability to turn a defender in knots.

Downing's been pretty good. Signs of a bit more confidence in his game recently. He can not play with Enrique though.

Laughable penalties.

Kenny needs to go, the team was setup dreadfully start to finish.

It reminded me of the Barca - Steau shootout all those years back. I suspect Charlie Adam's pen is currently being greeted by Waddle's and de Boer's somewhere near the Moon - absolutely awful. Still we won :)

I'll leave the performance alone and simply say that its good to finally win something again. Glad for the likes of Dirk who came here expecting trophies to be flowing and it never really happened.

Well played to Cardiff, great spirit and they fought for everything. Worthy finalists and wouldn't thin anyone would complain if they hada won.

Edit : Skrtel is amazing

First time I've genuinely believed that Gerrard is more than a little past it.

Really? First half I was thinking for the first time in a while Gerrard was a looking quite athletic, quite fit. It's just he's never been that good in those kind of midfields. Adam and Gerrard do not complement each other. They almost want to do the same job.

Really? First half I was thinking for the first time in a while Gerrard was a looking quite athletic, quite fit. It's just he's never been that good in those kind of midfields. Adam and Gerrard do not complement each other. They almost want to do the same job.

Shooting was awful, tackling was worse, as were his set pieces, and his engine was dead by 60 minutes.

Good game, awful performance. The pathetic backs against the wall defence after we took the lead was embarrassing. Always nice to win though. Happy for Skrtel, Kuyt and Downing.

Adam :D:D:D

Shooting was awful, tackling was worse, as were his set pieces, and his engine was dead by 60 minutes.

Bit unfair to say his set pieces were awful. Few decent freekicks then stuck one right on the head of agger. Your engine would be dead carrying a midfield which includes Adam and Henderson

Actually thought Carroll done alright bar one or two times when he should have made a run but can't really blame him for not making a run as I'm sure the plan is to put the ball in the air to him, half the time he was at back of the box to give himself a bit of a run at a ball. Held the ball up pretty well when we fired it up to him and was putting himself about, great effort to make an attempt when Miller got clean through.

Carroll was **** unfortunately, as were Adam and Henderson, and Enrique imo. He's looking more and more disinterested every time I watch him play. Gerrard had a shocker aswell, right from the kick off, but still our best midfielder by some way.

Dirk was absoulutely amazing when he came on - took his goal so well when it came back to him - cleared one off the line and stuck his penalty away. Love the guy!

However, Skrtel MoTM and leading candidate for player of the season imo.

^ agree with all of this.

we've bin missing a right winger for ages and thats because dirk wasnt playing, hes a better bet than anyone else there and needs to get more game for me now. the one surprise for me was hendo playing infront of either bellamy or kuyt on the right.

skrtel was motm by a mile followed by downing and then the rest. adam showed again why he shouldnt be a liverpool player. i actually thought the extra space would play into his hands but he was terrible with his positioning and his overall play, topped off by one of the penalty misses of all time, rabbit in the headlights stuff.

Laughable penalties.

You need to have a word with yourslef. Just won a cup for the first time in 6 years and in the quarter of another whilst still being in the race for fourth and Kenny has to go? Thats an embarrassing opinion to have to be honest.

Laughable penalties.

You need to have a word with yourslef. Just won a cup for the first time in 6 years and in the quarter of another whilst still being in the race for fourth and Kenny has to go? Thats an embarrassing opinion to have to be honest.

Our performances are an embarrassment. If you're going to let a trophy cloud your judgement on his tactical naivety, then you're equally as stupid. The only thing that won us this trophy was the width of a post twice. Nothing else. Our performance was dire solely due to our tactical setup, and that's one person's responsibility.

I'm glad to have won it, but I don't think this will necessarily be a catalyst for greater success. Specifically I don't think that just because we have won the Carling Cup means we are going to be challenging for titles every year from next season onwards. Some people on RAWK seem to think it will. We are still a long way off from challenging in the league. Can not see us getting 4th this season either.

Archived