Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the transfer window shuts and the game starts "well we shouldn't have spent the money on X, we should've brought Y" I think it'll be Henderson that most people put in the place of X

If we don't buy anyone else, then Adam too. Buying Henderson and Adam looked fine when we were still being linked with defenders every day and still top class players, now it's all gone quiet and starting to look a bit silly

but i'm still reasonably confident we'll be making a couple more signings.

I wasn't overly concerned seeing as the teams we've been fielding so far were all second string players. However Robinson aside, the starting back 5 today is probably the best we have, and it was alarming to see how easily Velerenga carved through us. Carragher and in particular Johnson looked well off the pace, so I think they'll improve a little, but it's the lack of Lucas which is the biggest factor atm I think. Zero protection for the defence today.

To go back to the debate from last night, this is why Lucas is more important to us than Gerrard atm. Without Reina, Lucas and Suarez, we're nothing. Absolutely nothing in reserve if we lose them, which is ludicrous considering how much money we've spent in the last 6 months.

nothing to do with the friendlies. our defence wasn't good enough last season and hasn't been improved. No decent, fit left back, an ageing Carra, an unreliable Agger. I've been impressed with the kids but we really do need some more experienced players there

Jovanovic is supposed to sign for Anderlecht today so hopefully we can bring a player in now. Liverpool linked with Shawcross today for £12 million, some reports claim we will bid for him and Scott Dann.

“@LukeEdwardsTele: Been told #nufc are close to agreeing a fee with an unnamed club for Enrique who I presume to be Liverpool. Some talk Chelsea now interested”

No idea who he is but a left back, centre back, right winger and back up striker are still positions we need to fill.

nothing to do with the friendlies. our defence wasn't good enough last season and hasn't been improved. No decent, fit left back, an ageing Carra, an unreliable Agger. I've been impressed with the kids but we really do need some more experienced players there

Our defence was perfectly fine after Kenny / Clarke came in was it not? I don't think I'm just making that up.

Archived