Sports Interactive Community
The Rafalution

Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Very good point.

Furthermore, how many of our former youth players are now in Premiership first teams? Zak Whitbread, Adam Hamill (granted not regular starter atm), Daniel Ayala are just 3 off the top of my head.

Yeah but Murphy had a good stint in our first team so kinda doesn't count, plus we signed him from Crewe when he was like 20.

Saw David Martin was in goal for MK Dons last night too. And Lee Peltier plays for Leicester. Slightly wide of the point i know, but nice to see them doing ok.

thats from april last year. its been known for ages tbf. great deal though and i can't wait to see what they look like.

warrior deal been common knowledge for some time hasn't it? good to see the daily fail at the sharp end as usual

Forget which paper it is but they are running a story tomorrow on the back page that Adidas are unhappy with the way their money was spent and how it was a waste.

6% when your arbitrary cut off point includes his worst season to date, even then it's a similar figure to the great Luis Suarez.

It's called recent form. Suarez has created more opportunities than any other striker in the league over the last year, isn't 30 years old, and isn't going to cost us more money to purchase from another side's bench. Hard choice. But whilst Suarez' figure isn't astonishing, I'm a bit puzzled as to how 6% = 9%.

Forget which paper it is but they are running a story tomorrow on the back page that Adidas are unhappy with the way their money was spent and how it was a waste.

Pretty amusing considering they bought Reebok and rebranded the sponsorship as Adidas to get the contract back. :D

There's a couple of stories running tomorrow, that to the uninformed read like we've lost out,with 90% of the article trying to spin it like its a negative thing and Adidas have pulled out of the deal "because we aren't worth it"

And then two lines about us signing a deal worth twice as much as Adidas were paying :) ...................... and people wonder why some Liverpool fans think certain sections of the media are running an anti-liverpool agenda at the moment

While the deals good I will wait to see what the gear looks like first. Can't be any worse then the old reebok kits tho.

Pleased with this kit deal, its opening a new market given Warrior/New Balance's exposure in the US market. Heres hoping this is the beginning of a better run commercial side to the club, because Parry done a poor enough job at that.

so this teixeira that we've confirmed we're in for, is he good enough to contribute to the first team straight away?

kennys confirmed we're interested yep, which basically tells me we're close to signing him as we never talk about transfers to the media unless we are in contact with the player and club anymore.

so this teixeira that we've confirmed we're in for, is he good enough to contribute to the first team straight away?

probably not, hasn't played for the Sporting first team yet. Certainly won't be ahead of Shelvey (or deserves far more game time imo)

all llooking good for the future then.

i think, as has been talked about, they all look very young and lightweight, including this new player. they all look like they need at least another year or 2 to bulk up a bit, especially sterling who looks like he could get blown over by a strong crosswind.

Must win game this weekend I guess if we still want to be remotely challenging for top 4. If we're not challenging for top 4 then do we really want to get Europa league? We were quite happy to miss out last year.

I thought if we missed out that we would be doing better in the league than we are currently doing.

I thought if we missed out that we would be doing better in the league than we are currently doing.

we would be if we had a half decent transfer strategy.

Thought he first game back was Man United in the league. Looking at the fixtures it is Tottenham that is his first game back??

So think he is 4 games into it.

It would have been the Man Utd league match if we hadn't got through to the 4th round in FA Cup, but because we did, he's now back for the Spurs game.

Tomorrow will be his 5th game.

Our offense is just as bad now as it was under Hodgson (although our defense has been solid)

Last season until Jan 8 (when Roy left)

20 games 24 scored 27 conceded

Now

21 games 24 scored 18 condeded

Linked with Krasic today. Would take him in a heartbeat atm, although its probably a load of bull. Didn't Kenny say that it would be a quiet window?

nah, im optimistic for a 2-0 win today. think we'll really go for it and im also backing andy to score :thup:

Fully doubt he will start tbh.

Newcastle losing, Chelsea drew, Arsenal playing United tomorrow.

3points, 3 points, 3points, 3points.

Bolton 0-0 Liverpool

Bolton 0-0 Liverpool

Might go bet on the 0-0 as any bet I seem to put on with us included in it NEVER happens. Stung for some big wins via accumulator when waiting on us coming in