Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very soon after FSG took over in October 2010 they began looking at how Anfield could be redeveloped. It is not an easy option as the ground in a residential area, which would require the purchase of numerous properties as well as complicated planning consent.

I swear about1% of the houses around the ground are vacant.

Liverpool FC own like 2 roads of houses behind Anfield IIRC.

But yes, Liverpool have reverted back to the old 'New Anfield / Stanley Park Stadium' plan which ASL originally submitted in 2000, I think much nicer than the stadium H&G were proposing.

819103_105790.gif

new-anfield3_2111432i.jpg

Yeah, totally agree. As a Celtic fan as well, the effect having a new stadium can have is very, very clear to me. We were definitely galvanised by it, and came back from being on the brink of administration, poor form in the league for a good 3/4 years and low attendances to being at a 35-year peak within 7 years of completing the stadium.

That's not likely to be so extreme with Liverpool, but it can definitely be a big boost to a club's fortunes (especially if we have the foresight to ensure that the capacity is much-increased on what we have now).

As long as the maximise the corporate money (but not in the Kop) then I am not bothered. The only downside (as with all modern stadia) is the increased presence of fans in corporate boxes can have an effect on the atmosphere.

What was the capacity on this plan. I think 65,000 should probably be the maximum (maybe 70k). Man Utd struggle to sell out the full capacity and they can win stuff.

btw, anyone else gutted that Sylvain Marveaux turned us down in the summer?

Gutted that a known injury prone player who's already had a lengthy injury for Newcastle turned us down? I think I'm fine with that.

we turned him down, he is now injured.

Happy that we aren't getting Cisse, would much rather we spent twice the amount on some overpriced British prospect who may come good in a few years but has 6months of EPL experience, than an on fire striker who looks damn decent but has only played in those dirty foreign leagues.

Archived