Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone seen anything of this american forward we've just signed? 18 yo Villyan Bijev.

He scored a hatrick for the reserves can't remember the team but apart from that I dont know anything about him

i heard he was crap at throw-ins sounds dodgy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UelXWmz0_u4

u-18s 8-0 win over stevenage while he was on trial for those that havent seen it, in fairness its all abit sunday league standard so hard to tell.

i'm at the point now where i almost wish we could return to the days where nobody gave any coverage or knew anything about our youth teams, and just let them develope with zero hype about how 15 year old x will become as good as player y in five years time.

He's no Fernando (yet).

I don't know if I'll ever love like that again.

For me he's already eclipsed that. Never quite got into the Fernando thing. Obviously an outstanding player, but never felt that connection with him. A bit unusual there amongst supporters I think.

I don't get the Lucas bashing, he was our best player last season (until Suarez arrived, perhaps).

Okay his shooting isn't great, but scoring goals isn't under the essential section of his job description. I don't remember Mascherano scoring many goals for us, but we all loved him.

And what about Reina?? I've never seen him score a goal, come on Pepe, make a contribution! ;)

Suarez love >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Torres love.

He needs a rest though, we should give him two or three weeks off and then ease him back into training with a view to starting after the September internationals.

Carroll, Kuyt and Ngog should be enough for the first 3 games: Sunderland and Bolton at home should be easily winnable, and even if we lose Arsenal away it's not that big a deal, our record there is quite poor.

This Aquilani leaving on loan stuff seems to be growing strength. I'm torn really as I can't see how he would fit into our midfield right now but I'd love for him to get a proper chance at the club. My fear is that it'll be a loan to a relatively poor Italian club and we'll be doing this all again next summer.

I'd like to see him get a chance, but he's really going to have to up his game to persuade me he's not worth punting on for £10m or so.

He's still got a chance, though, remember a couple of years back when we almost sold Xabi to Juventus, and look at him now.

Not playing for us?

Paper talk that Suarez is going to cut short his break to be back for our opening game. What a man. He doesn't need a massive break in fairness as he gave himself his own 6 week mid-season break last year.

The S*n claiming that we're going to sell Lucas :D

Suarez so awesome. I would consider under other circumstances forcing him to have a break for the good of his long term career, but as we aren't in Europe this year it shouldn't be too bad, plus he'll probably have buggered off to real, barca or milan by the time it'll effect him

I'd like to see him get a chance, but he's really going to have to up his game to persuade me he's not worth punting on for £10m or so.

He's still got a chance, though, remember a couple of years back when we almost sold Xabi to Juventus, and look at him now.

I know what you mean...but difference was Xabi Alonso was already established and was always going to be in the team again if he stayed.

Only plus is that it frees up some wage budget to make further signings.

What a shambles though. Really is a disastrous signing, when you think of what we paid and how much we have had back for that price.

Only plus is that it frees up some wage budget to make further signings.

What a shambles though. Really is a disastrous signing, when you think of what we paid and how much we have had back for that price.

Wouldn't be a disastrous signing if it wasn't for Purslow/Woy ****ing him about last season. He's done nothing wrong.

Was a bit ill judged from him to be fair. I know he was being encouraging, but the quality of the opposition and the uncertainty around Aquilani's future mean Henry should probably just have kept his trap shut in hindsight!

was a disastrous signing in hindsight imo.

we paid huge for him when money was tight and loads of people raised concerns at him being injured at the time. we needed his creativity desperately in midfield after losing alonso and were told he'd be fit in a couple of months and that turned out to be about 5 months and even after he was fit we went through the farce of rafa claiming he needed 'match fitness' and then stuck him on the bench way too much, remember him bringing him on for just 5mins in some cases when we were chasing a goal.

think we can all see he's got some class and ideally we'd have him in the squad, but i'll go back to what i said before that i think it's him wanting to go rather than us trying to get rid.

if we are getting his wages paid and a decent loan fee it's not that bad considering no one seems to want to pay near what we paid for him it seems.

Bet Henry is regretting that tweet.

I said it from the start, i just don't like him tweeting anything about team matters or other behind the scenes stuff. Keep all that in the proper channels. Kenny is always going on about the Liverpool way of doing things, maybe he needs to educate Henry on this matter.

Would love to see Aqua given a chance but everything seems to be going against that.

Hopefully we are getting a few million as an upfront fee for his services and with the wages off the books its not a total loss. No doubt this will come back to bite us in the ass if Gerrard and another gets injured as Aquas creativity could be useful. Pity as he has looked really good in the pre season games.

I said it from the start, i just don't like him tweeting anything about team matters or other behind the scenes stuff. Keep all that in the proper channels. Kenny is always going on about the Liverpool way of doing things, maybe he needs to educate Henry on this matter.

Absurd. Giving his favourable opinion on the player and then seeing the player leaving means the owner interfering isn't remotely an issue, which is how things should be.

Could have been a smart media ploy to attract some interest in the players. Both seem set to leave now.

Whats the latest on this left back from Porto? I have never seen him play but many reports seem to suggest he is more of a wing back which could result us in playing a 3-5-2 ? Worked quite well last year for us.

Eh, how? If you've got hope that a player is staying because the owner thinks he's a good player, but the manager doesn't, the only person getting their hopes up is you. The owner's not interfering. Heaven forbid he should have a personal opinion which he might share as a supporter.

Christ, it could even be the player himself forcing a move since then. I far prefer the more open communication Henry is giving via twitter. If he stopped that because you don't like him sending messages about players it'd suck.

Archived