Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Fabregas the diving ****

I ****ing loved it when Lampard nailed the ****. I quite liked him at Arsenal but at Barca he's been insuffereable, it's even sweeter that his signing is what has brought Barca's downfall this season, what with Pep messing up a perfectly good tactic and team balance to shoehorn him into the side. Fabregas :cool:

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juan Mata had no completed passes in the opposition half last night, Xavi had 149

:D

I feel sorry for Mata in a game like that. He will never get the ball as much as he needs and even when he does there's pretty much nowhere to pass :D Obviously he is in there because he can do that piece of magic but it was always gonna be a harder game for him to play well in.

I ****ing loved it when Lampard nailed the ****. I quite liked him at Arsenal but at Barca he's been insuffereable, it's even sweeter that his signing is what has brought Barca's downfall this season, what with Pep messing up a perfectly good tactic and team balance to shoehorn him into the side. Fabregas :cool:
Yeah, he's become such a *****. Unlucky, Cescy, looks like 'longball' > tika-taka :cool:

qm.gifqm.gif

Does anyone know the rules in terms of releasing players for the Olympics?

Mata has played international tournaments every summer since 2009, and looks pretty much exhausted in the last few games I've seen. 99% chance he'll be one of the three seniors Spain pick for the Olympics, but I don't know if Chelsea have a say in it? And then the Euros after, then Confederations Cup next year, then World Cup the one after.

He won't play both the Euros and Olympics surely?

he's definitely playing in the olympics (javi martinez and adrián are the other two over age players). I think del bosque will name a preliminary squad for the euros in a few weeks - can see mata and martinez being selected for that (and eventually the final squad) as well.

I was just wondering if Spain were employing the if you're in the Euro squad then the Olympics are a no go (ie. like when SAF was criticising England for even putting Rooney on the Olympics shortlist). Personally, I'm for him playing both comps as it'll be much more beneficial for him and hopefully he'll come back with a medal.

Oh and

561792_10150762702169298_542604297_9271635_140922420_n.jpg Trololololololol.

Anyone heard anything on Gary Cahill? Also hope David Luiz is on his way to recovery as it looks like that will be our centre halves for the final. Also amazing to think what Jose Bosingwa has done this season and yet he looks like starting in a Champions League final!

Anyone heard anything on Gary Cahill? Also hope David Luiz is on his way to recovery as it looks like that will be our centre halves for the final. Also amazing to think what Jose Bosingwa has done this season and yet he looks like starting in a Champions League final!
He's having scans done today and there'll be a verdict on him over the coming days (he said he was able to run, but not sprint in his post match interview). Fingers crossed that they are back for the final

Rolfe - I'm assuming CL tickets have no chance of going to members/probably even ST with low points?

bridgekings - any thought on roadtrip now sober?

my exam timetable is released this week. need to see that first. the exam period starts on the following monday. considering it seriously.

i have no chance of a ticket :*(

no moscow redemption for me :(

Who would people pick if we had to play Ivanovic at centre back in the final, Ferreira or Bosingwa?

Is this a hypothetical question? Ivanovic is out. Assume it will be Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Cole if all fit. The other question is what is our back line on Saturday? Ivanovic, Cahill, and Luiz all out.

• Administrators
Rolfe - I'm assuming CL tickets have no chance of going to members/probably even ST with low points?

bridgekings - any thought on roadtrip now sober?

Probably the case, although some of the more seasoned fans reckon that if you're out there in Munich and want to go, you'll be able to get a ticket. Apparently in Moscow all the 5* hotels and stuff were selling them :D

Is this a hypothetical question? Ivanovic is out. Assume it will be Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Cole if all fit. The other question is what is our back line on Saturday? Ivanovic, Cahill, and Luiz all out.

Wow brainfart. Yeah that's what I was thinking, don't how I forgot Ivanovic was out. :'(

Probably the case, although some of the more seasoned fans reckon that if you're out there in Munich and want to go, you'll be able to get a ticket. Apparently in Moscow all the 5* hotels and stuff were selling them :D

Am tempted to just get out there, but scared of paying 500 euros for a fake or something eqaully daft.

he's definitely playing in the olympics (javi martinez and adrián are the other two over age players). I think del bosque will name a preliminary squad for the euros in a few weeks - can see mata and martinez being selected for that (and eventually the final squad) as well.

Should be going to the Euro's :mad:

Don't think I've ever been more spectacularly wrong about a player, Adrian so good :cool:

Do you think if Chelsea and Bayern put in a joint appeal to have a late yellow card amnesty UEFA would consider it? Might be worth a try, but I don't know who loses out more losing Brana and Ramires vs losing Gustavo, Alaba and Badstuber (not counting Meireles because I don't know if he'd start).

What will the Bayern defence be then?

Rafinha Boateng Van Buyten Lahm

Tymoshchuk Schwein

Something like that? Maybe Contento instead of Rafinha, or Tymo to centre back with Kroos in midfield. Don't really know what they've done this season when they've not had their 1st XI.

What a night! Haven't felt joy like that in a long, long time. As much as I'm delighted we're through, there's so many factors that come into this for me. Obviously it's two of my favourite teams, but getting to the final has completely and utterly screwed up my plans for the summer. I had been saving up to go to the European Championship instead, but now that we're in the final, I'm torn as to what to do. I still need to get the time off of work as well, so I'm stressing out.

As for the final itself, you guys probably don't understand just how big of a miss Luiz Gustavo is going to be for us. He was fantastic tonight and he's pretty much been a key figure in our midfield this season, so we'll sorely miss his presence. The potential backline looks really shakey as well, but it'll just depend on whether who's fit at the time or not. Not entirely convinced Van Buyten will be ready in time, but I'd imagine we'd play with Boateng and Tymoshchuk as CB's if it were to come down to that.

Anyway, whatever. Can't be bothered thinking anymore. I need my bed now. Looking forward to you guys being the enemy for 90 minutes though. ;)

But isn't Van Buyten one of the slowest CB's in the world, he'd be of no use to Bayern's defence unless he sat very deep and played a sweeper role otherwise all forwards would beat him for pace.

Yeah, I'd rather we didn't play Van Buyten at all, tbh. He's shocking.

Also, if Kalou or Mikel did score the winner, that'd probably be my last involvement with the beautiful game. :thdn::D

Archived