Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ivanovic's face when he realised he'd miss the final is absolutely heartbreaking. I usually don't feel sad for people or anything like that but ****ing hell, you'd have to literally be heartless to not feel sorry for the guy :(

Who do people want to play against in the final? I'm not sure I have a preference, both teams have dodgy defences. Whereas Madrid have a slightly better attack although Bayerns is ****ing good as well. I think it comes down to not wanting to play Bayern at the Allianz Arena, too big of an advantage them basically being a home side (it'll be packed full of Bayern fans regardless of the allocation). It also won't hurt as much if Mourinho wins instead. So Madrid for me.

Friends seem to think we'd stand more of a chance against Real than against Bayern. Might be, but I also think neither will present odds that are worse than what has already been overcome.

Still on a little bit of a high after short nap. What a night!

Would rather face Bayern every time: Mourinho knows us too well, Ronaldo's on fire, and will have serious confidence with the Primera Liga in the bag. Bayern have a great team and home advantage, but they are also a bit inconsistent and are coming second in the Bundesliga.

What shanyi said word for word pretty much, don't think we'll be able to beat Mourinho with this group of players (not a slight against the current players at all, just the fact that they are Mourinho's players). Also, if anyone can keep Robben and Ribery in their pockets its Paulo Ferreira and Ashley Cole :cool:

Terry has been a pretty big influence on holding our defence together since RDM took charge, whilst Rambo and Ivanovic could both make decent claims to be our player of the year, so pretty big problem! Sure, we have cover, but I'd rather our first choice XI in a Champions League final!

article-2110639-120AA602000005DC-683_634x497.jpg
Will look so much more better with the CL trophy in their hands :cool:

Erm, yeah, I'd rather play Bayern only on the strength that their CBs are a tad weaker than Real's and that they have Gomez who needs 1123182312831203812310814 chances before he scores a goal :) I am in no state to be going to school but I couldn't give less of a **** tbh :D

Ivanovic was booked for scuffing the penalty spot apparently

Meme-Fu.jpg

Just shows how much the ref favored Barca without becoming obvious. Still they couldn't do jack!

Terry has been a pretty big influence on holding our defence together since RDM took charge, whilst Rambo and Ivanovic could both make decent claims to be our player of the year, so pretty big problem! Sure, we have cover, but I'd rather our first choice XI in a Champions League final!

Ya they are our best players in their positions but I mean we still have decent players and a good chance to win the final..

Have to say I really really didnt want you lot to go through at the start of the came, but when Torres was through on goal I was making the same noises as Gary Neville was last night.

Congrats gents, well deserved.

Absolutely buzzing.

Would so love a ticket, but seems very unlikely. As Muller says, being out there would probably be almost as epic.

Take a look at the Thomas Cook Chelsea bit, which I was talking about in my post further up the page. I do realise this morning how many questions I asked in that thread and how many probably can't be answered by anyone here. It seems you can just book a Category 4 coach trip straight away with them but surely they will be subject to being a member and our ticket allocation? Or does Thomas Cook get it's own small %? Only bad thing is you go back straight after the game.

I think with the Thomas Cook trip you first need to meet the Chelsea ticket criteria before they allocate you one.

"Your application will only be confirmed once all supporters you have applied with meet the Club’s selling criteria. Should one or more of the supporters on your application not qualify for travel, the entire booking will be cancelled. If you wish for your application to be looked at individually, please apply separately and note the booking reference of anyone you may wish to travel with in the special requests field. If they meet the selling criteria, we will endeavour to link your bookings wherever possible"

I see, I am guessing they are talking about them having to be members at least, will that also include the loyalty points thing?

Also currently debating whether to get my refund for the Newcastle game. Will be a good game and would go in a heartbeat if I didn't have exams. It's on the 2nd and I have 2 exams on the 8+10th May but I know if I go I will miss at least 1 days revision travelling Weds and probably most of Thursday so I think it will be too risky. Could be my last game of the season depending on how CL tickets go down.

Congratulations Chelsea,you won fair and square and that's what matters imo. :thup:

Barcelona may have looked the better side but Chelsea looked the smarter side,why Barca didn't sit back for the last few minutes of the first half after going 2-0 up is beyond stupid and after missing the soft penalty they looked clueless...which is a rare sight these days.

I was impressed.

Does anyone know the rules in terms of releasing players for the Olympics?

Mata has played international tournaments every summer since 2009, and looks pretty much exhausted in the last few games I've seen. 99% chance he'll be one of the three seniors Spain pick for the Olympics, but I don't know if Chelsea have a say in it? And then the Euros after, then Confederations Cup next year, then World Cup the one after.

Archived