The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you allowed to do medicals after the 11pm deadline btw, if they have still signed? Because Jelavic is currently in Croatia with the international squad, no way is he going to be able to fly back to England and complete a medical before 11pm.

Tbh, no idea how he is even going to sign a contract before then.

SSN just confirmed that we have signed Junior Stanislas from West Ham.

I got told this about 30 minutes ago. :D

Really chuffed with this signing, I remember some West Ham fans said they would be angry if they sold Stanislas to us.

They said they were not too bothered about Hines, because he's struggled to shine since his injury, but Stanislas is good player who shows moments of Premier League quality.

Signed alot of attacking players this window, when we really could do with a centre back and or a solid/creative centre midfielder.

Saints have also been linked with him in the press, looks like Rodriguez deal isn't going to happen after a reported £5m bid turned down, so maybe a move for Beckford now?

Good news for us if it's true. :thup:

But with the signing of Stanislas, could be paving the way for Rodriguez to leave?

Great stuff! :thup:

Let's see whether this Jelavic deal is still on or whether it was a fall back deal. Don't know much about him, I'm happy enough with Beckford, but hey, if he's good, they could make a cracking front 2, though I'd feel a bit sorry for Nugent who's played well so far.

:D

Have Leicester played Leeds yet? Or have you got them home and away to come?

As MIR said, haven't played them yet. Our last game is at home to Leicester. I can see him scoring and sending us back down the league 1 :( (that might be a little pessimistic though :D) I hope he gets a good reception, was his goals that sent us up after all. Plus that goal against Man United :cool:

As MIR said, haven't played them yet. Our last game is at home to Leicester. I can see him scoring and sending us back down the league 1 :( (that might be a little pessimistic though :D)

That's a very negative attitude. :D

Have Leeds not made a single signing today?

I'm off to football training now, I really hope by the time I'm back Rory Delap is no longer our record signing.

Come on Jay Rodriguez...

Bummer. Oh well.

Looks like that centre back from Celtic that nobody wants is going to sign so not sure whether to be pleased or not. It's a defender though so it's a position filled that we needed!

Last minute shock on the cards....doubtful.

Bummer. Oh well.

Looks like that centre back from Celtic that nobody wants is going to sign so not sure whether to be pleased or not. It's a defender though so it's a position filled that we needed!

Last minute shock on the cards....doubtful.

Unlucky He's **** :thup: and a constant mouthpiece in the media

John Fleck the latest target for Forest, as well as Ryan Bertrand, who must have a friends and families pass on East Midlands Trains by now...

Bertrand being linked to you, us and Swansea. Still. Oh, and I saw him linked to Arsenal.

Just got home to find out Wade Elliott has left, but not to Nottm Forest though, which he was rumoured to be joining.

Got alot of good years out of Wadie, not bad for a free signing by SC. :thup:

Getting on abit now, so maybe the right time to let him go.

bit of a blow we neber got s winger or striker in

loan me up malky

Who needs a striker when you have Turner? Despite being a CB and not playing since November he still was our 5th top scorer last season. Though I suppose that says more about how bad our strikers and midfielder's are :D

Archived