Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Powlay

The npower championship thread 2011/12

Amazing that somebody paid £6 million for Dave Kitson, football truly is a fantasy world....
I see your Dave Kitson, and I raise you Ade Akinbiyi.

I see your Akinbiyi and raise you Ali Dia on a free transfer and actually playing a game.

1619999_display_image.jpg?1316049059

Well done Graeme...

I see Burnley have signed Luke O'Neill.

Will be disappointing if he turns out to be good as one that got away. He played a couple of times for the first team but never really looked up to it, but he was raved about as a youngster in the academy for years.

Hopefully a good prospect for the future, but he'd better be as cover for Trippier rather than a replacement.

All of this talk has reminded me that we spent £5 million on Lee Hughes ffs :(

Have you got a link to support that? I know one of the coaches in the Sunderland academy and when i mentioned that he nearly pee'd himself. Says thats not even close to being true.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/867836-connor-wickham-clause-gives-future-transfer-hope-to-spurs-and-liverpool

£8m up front apparently. The Mirror mentioned a similar up front fee.

Amazing that somebody paid £6 million for Dave Kitson, football truly is a fantasy world....

It was £4.5m rising to £5.5m, and he'd had a great season. Until about February he was the top English goalscorer in the PL despite playing in a relegated team who gave him very little service. No settled right winger, and Stephen Hunt on the left (when he wasn't on the right).

IIRC, it was nearer £6m and addons.

the winning the league bit is totally made up as well. :D

A link to the totally made up bit abouyt sunderland winning the league being a clause was what i was meaning.

I thought that was obvious hyperbole.

We paid £7m for Seth Johnson and paid him something like 40k a week.

Wasn't the story that the agent wasn't even expecting half that but almost choked when he was shown the offer?

i think the story was something like he would have settled for 20k, leeds opened at 30k and ridsdale took his look of suprise to be one of anger at the pitiful offer and upped it to 40k before johnson or his agent could say a word :D

noone cares if its true or not :D

And just to top it off, we signed him back on a free, he played a big part in keeping us up in his first season, and then dragged us to promotion in his second :D.

and then as a way of saying thank you, you dumped his ass after he got injured, classy ;):p

Love stories like that. There were rumours that when we tried to sign Attilio Lombardo back in our Premier League days that on top of his ludicrous salaries and bonuses he also wanted us to provide a house and butler for him :D

i think the story was something like he would have settled for 20k, leeds opened at 30k and ridsdale took his look of suprise to be one of anger at the pitiful offer and upped it to 40k before johnson or his agent could say a word :D
It's Not true though.

Don't say that Powlay! Its fun to imagine that actually happening.

Any Peterborough fans on here?

Rumours you have bid for our (Torquay) keeper Bobby Olejnik, but I see on Sky you have bid £400k for the Gillingham Gazzinga. Is it likely you would have bid for 2 League two keepers?

Any Peterborough fans on here?

Rumours you have bid for our (Torquay) keeper Bobby Olejnik, but I see on Sky you have bid £400k for the Gillingham Gazzinga. Is it likely you would have bid for 2 League two keepers?

Obvo not a P'boro fan but it seems believable considering their main keeper Paul Jones has joined Crawley and Joe Lewis has signed for us :)

forest were looking at olejnik a month or so ago apparantly

Wouldn't surprise me if Ridsdale negotiated like that tbh :D

paddy kenny close to signing

exciting

Source? Happy with that if true. Kenny and Lonergan, good pair of keepers at this level.

Olejnik is an excellent keeper. Probably the best I have seen in supporting Torquay for 20+ years. He is far, far too good for League 2.

and then as a way of saying thank you, you dumped his ass after he got injured, classy ;):p

Hardly 'dumped his ass', he was out of contract and retired through injury. What were we supposed to do? Although I suppose that even with no knees, he'd be better than some of your players ;)

do saftey winks count for nothing these days? :p

and if he can shoot straight, hed probably be better than half our strikers, or all of yours ;)

new thread when fixtures are announced? cms preparing his alter thread? Do i need to call in the big guns again or is it being sorted properly?

its sorted powlay, fear not :D

Good lad, i expect some MLG hate in it, and pay hommage to those good users who will be lost from this seasons thread.

he cant incite the hatred if its already there

Stop inciting hatred!

3 more days of you left! 3 more days of you left! \o/

3 more days of you left! 3 more days of you left! \o/

it will be an apt birthday present :cool:

Am I not even allowed to pop in for a visit?

i think its for the best that you move on because all you would be coming to do would be post things like....

"we beat them 3-1 last year, their goal was offside. We are the greatest, pompy lost to them 3-0 meaning im greater than the whole of portsmouth"

i take the unprecedented step of agreeing whole heartedly with powlay

We seem to be clear favourites with every bookmaker to win the league, no idea why. :confused:

Are we not having an argument over who will do the OP this time? :p

Even if you do Powlay will just start it himself and then never post in it :D

FAO MLG: Every post you make in the new thread that doesn't have DIRECT relevance to something Southampton are doing that concerns the Championship or any of its teams at that very moment* will be rewarded with 1 infraction point. It takes 30 to get a ban, how long do you think you'll go before a ban?

*to be decided by a vote by other thread users

moderator support for the MLG embargo \0/

though it should have relevance to the championship too in the new championship thread surely? ;)

moderator support for the MLG embargo \0/

though it should have relevance to the championship too in the new championship thread surely? ;)

Jebus, almost ****ed that up on a technicality! Edited!!

Even if you do Powlay will just start it himself and then never post in it :D

250+ posts in it. You have over 500 more than the person with the 2nd most.

All about quality.

250+ posts in it. You have over 500 more than the person with the 2nd most.

All about quality.

Which rules us both out then :(

FAO MLG: Every post you make in the new thread that doesn't have DIRECT relevance to something Southampton are doing that concerns the Championship or any of its teams at that very moment* will be rewarded with 1 infraction point. It takes 30 to get a ban, how long do you think you'll go before a ban?

*to be decided by a vote by other thread users

Why does it have to have anything to do with Southampton? I think he should get away with saying "blimey, aren't Brighton doing well?"