Sports Interactive Community
Powlay

The npower championship thread 2011/12

'little revamp' :D Would genuinely love to see other people have their clubs put in this position and see just how different their opinions would be.

It's not like Cardiff have ever achieved anything really, hardly losing loads of history. Nothing wrong with a little revamp.
Top trolling :D

Had it confirmed that there are no offers on the table for hoyte or McMahon to remain at boro.

that's very interesting, especially considering McMahon's comments in the Gazette this week. do you think they are both 100% set to leave then or do you think we could offer them reduced terms at a later stage?

All this Cardiff crap getting in the way of the news Barmby was sacked.

happy? sad?

This Cardiff thing sounds like that nonsense which occasionally gets into the mainstream media, such as when Liverpool were rumoured to be interested in that guy from Harchester United and it got into the Daily Mail.

that's very interesting, especially considering McMahon's comments in the Gazette this week. do you think they are both 100% set to leave then or do you think we could offer them reduced terms at a later stage?

Please dont put this on fmttm

McMahon was offered a deal as was Hoyte they both rejected the offer as the terms were rather reduced.

McMahon then came back a month or so later and asked if the same deal was still on the table, he was told it wasnt. I believe it maybe a Julio Arca kinda situation that one could re-sign with the club (more likely to be McMahon) after his release at the end of june.

So, according to "Fans Leader" Carl Curtis, the following came out of the meeting tonight:

Cardiff City's home kit to be Red next season, the away kit is to be Blue.

The Club Crest will have a total redesign (rumoured to be a Dragon)

The Official club nickname is to be changed.

Vincent Tan is apparently pumping £100m into the club next season which will include money for the squad, improved training facilities & stadium improvements (including expansion).

Why we're increasing the stadium capacity to 35k I don't know. We don't sell out every game as it is right now.

I predict next season Cardiff being one of the few teams in the history of world football where their away kit outsells the home kit.

Please dont put this on fmttm

McMahon was offered a deal as was Hoyte they both rejected the offer as the terms were rather reduced.

McMahon then came back a month or so later and asked if the same deal was still on the table, he was told it wasnt. I believe it maybe a Julio Arca kinda situation that one could re-sign with the club (more likely to be McMahon) after his release at the end of june.

no probs. I guess McMahon could be lucky to get the same offer then in that case. personally, I'd rather keep Hoyte, but I wouldn't break the bank to sign either of them.

So, according to "Fans Leader" Carl Curtis, the following came out of the meeting tonight:

Cardiff City's home kit to be Red next season, the away kit is to be Blue.

The Club Crest will have a total redesign (rumoured to be a Dragon)

The Official club nickname is to be changed.

Vincent Tan is apparently pumping £100m into the club next season which will include money for the squad, improved training facilities & stadium improvements (including expansion).

Why we're increasing the stadium capacity to 35k I don't know. We don't sell out every game as it is right now.

Will your new nickname be something like Red Dragons? Similar to Wrexham..

That's the rumour.

I'm still hopeful that this won't happen.

It's still possible that this is a bit of a crap shoot by the owners. The kind of announcement they make to see what happens, how it goes down & if it is mild indifference, they press ahead, but outright hostility, then they pull back & drop that side of things.

It will all be ratified at a board meeting next week, so hopefully they'll go ahead with the investment but not at the expense of the identity. We have to hope that they can get things sorted.

Reading were threatened with worse and survived (imagine being told you were merging with Swansea, having your name changed to Welsh Blues and moving to Carmarthen...) thanks to fan power. Hope for your sake you get to keep playing in blue and the club retains some identity. Most clubs have changed their kit colour over the years and quite a few have updated their crests in the last 15 years or so, we've changed our nickname and so have a few others. Losing any one isn't too bad, but all three so close after a stadium move... I can understand your worries.

Will your new nickname be something like Red Dragons? Similar to Wrexham..

I was just thinking that if you wanted a welsh club to play in red and be associated with dragons, why wouldnt you just buy wrexham instead? :D

Doesn't bode well for our transfer window if we can't shell out £500k for a player that has already performed pretty well for us.

I think Porter comes cheaper and is younger and a natural left sider. but yeah.

i've no idea what his actual value should be, haven't seen enough of him

The journalist who first broke the news that Saints were in for Cork, Sharp and Hooiveld has said that the double bid for Rodriguez and Trippier is indeed true. Burnley also apparently looking at RB's as they are preparing for Trippier to leave this summer

He seems confident that he's going nowhere so looks as though he will be. They've got to be favourites now surely?

:D :D :D

Favourites for relegation maybe.

Just been linked to a random player in a transfer rumour. So that's already the same amount as last year! :(

If this Red thing dosen't go through and the Malaysians don't see much of a future in Asia because of it they could just pull the plug, and with rumours of the debt changing all the time Steve Borley who's on the board and City through and through has said it could be red(future) or blue(oblivion), has said that administration might not even be an option with our debts which the Malaysians are willing to pay off under this 'package'

Scary times, hectic summer, big decisions and big news soon I fear.

Could well be red or dead.

Thought I'd do one of these as I'm bored.

Goalkeepers

Kasper Schmeichel - He's won Players' Player of the Year + Fans' Player of the Year. He's been great for us this season on the whole and I would 100% want him starting between the sticks next season for us. KEEP

Chris Weale - In his first season with us it was our first back in the Championship and he was quality all season, helping us in the play-offs. However, at the beginning of next season, he got injured and never really did anything after that. This season he's looked a shadow of his former self. I expect he'll leave and go to a League One club. LEAVE

Conrad Logan - Our longest serving player, who's never going to be challenging Kasper for the #1 jersey. LCFC fans appreciate your loyalty Conrad, but I think it's time to go now. LEAVE

Defenders

Lee Peltier - Can be decent going forward and putting crosses in, but defensively he's not up to scratch. I'd still like to have him around next season, but only as back up. KEEP

Matt Mills - Can't stand the guy to be honest. Embarrassment of a player to have at the club, and embarrassing to think he's our official club captain. LEAVE

Wes Morgan - Joined in January from Forest and I wasn't too excited to be honest, but he's proved to be a very good player at this level (you did tell us Forest fans). KEEP

Aleksander Tunchev - If he can get back to the level he was playing at for us in League One then he'll make a very good centre half for a Championship team, but sadly I can't see it. It's with regret that I'd let Tunch leave. LEAVE

Sol Bamba - His biggest strength is also his biggest weakness - his composure on the ball. It's great to see him bring the ball down and dribble past 2 players before slotting a through ball in for our strikers, but there times when he's caught in possession/out of position that can cost us goals. I'd rather we have a centre half keeping it simple, Morgan-esque ;)LEAVE

Sean St. Ledger - Another player who I'd describe as 'solid'. He's not pulled up any trees this season, but he's one that I'd keep around the place. KEEP

Paul Konchesky - Good solid player at this level. He'll give you 7/10 performances every week. KEEP

Tom Kennedy - Had a couple of decent games for us this season, but isn't at Konchesky's level. I expect he'll leave. LEAVE

Liam Moore - Academy product who's featured in a few games for us this season. He's looked decent, hopefully we'll see more of him in the future. KEEP

Midfielders

Neil Danns - One that's got better as the season has progressed. He was beginning to show signs that he could be the playmaker that we'd been in desperate need of, before he got injured a few games before the season finished. KEEP

Andy King - Injured for a large part of the season, but he has a great knack of popping up in the right place at the right time to score goals. KEEP

Danny Drinkwater - Tidy footballer, I think of him as a younger Richie Wellens. He'll feature more for us next season I'm sure. KEEP

Richie Wellens - Getting on a bit now, but still good enough to have around the place. Next season I expect him to be slowly eased out of the team in replace for Drinkwater. KEEP

Franck Moussa - He's looked okay the few games he's played for us. He's never really going to be challenging for a starting spot in the team though. LEAVE

Paul Gallagher - Very gifted player technically. His set pieces are up there with the best in the league in my opinion. He doesn't do a great deal when the balls not at his feet though, and is often made a scapegoat by the fans. I hear Ipswich are interested in him, I expect he'll leave. LEAVE

Lloyd Dyer - Pacey player who's end product is often lacking. I like Lloyd, but think it's time for him to move on now. LEAVE

Ben Marshall - Arrived at Leicester with a bang, scoring 35 yarders for fun. He's an exciting player and one I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of next season. KEEP

Forwards

Jermaine Beckford - Leicester fans are split on this guy. There were times in the season where him and Nugent linked up well and were complementing each other perfectly, but this just didn't happen often enough. Personally, I like him, and I'd want to see him here next season, but I think he will leave. So my opinion would be KEEP

David Nugent - I love this guy, he's been a great player for us, and often still shined when other around him weren't. KEEP

Jeffrey Schlupp - Had his breakthrough season with us this year. I'd like to see him go out on loan to a lower Championship club to gain some first team experience, as here, his chances will be limited to 20 minutes off the bench. LEAVE ON LOAN

Martyn Waghorn - Pearson seems to be able to get the best out of him. Injury prevented him featuring more for us this season though. I expect he'll still be around the place in August, battling for a starting spot. KEEP

Steve Howard - Already left the club on a free, but thought I'd include him on here anyway. I love the guy, and will never forgot that header at home against Leeds that pretty much sealed our promotion back to the Championship. Thanks for the good times big guy :') LEFT

Darius Vassell - Played well for us under Sven, but got injured so Pearson hasn't been able to use him. I think we should be looking at better quality players than Darius for next season to be honest. LEAVE

I pretty much agree with you, but I'm not sure I want Peltier even as back-up, I don't even think he's particuarly good going forward and I'd only keep Beckford as an impact sub, has far too many games where he doesn't turn up to be a regular starter.

Also think it's time for Wellens to go, not sure he's a good player to have around the place as you say either, always seemed like a big moaner to me.

That won't go down well with our resident Burnley fans. Would getting Richard Chaplow soften the blow at all?

No. I'm resigned to seeing Jay Rod leave, but I'll be highly annoyed if we sell Trippier, particularly if we do as we did with Fox and fail to sign an adequate replacement.

If this Red thing dosen't go through and the Malaysians don't see much of a future in Asia because of it they could just pull the plug, and with rumours of the debt changing all the time Steve Borley who's on the board and City through and through has said it could be red(future) or blue(oblivion), has said that administration might not even be an option with our debts which the Malaysians are willing to pay off under this 'package'

Scary times, hectic summer, big decisions and big news soon I fear.

Could well be red or dead.

think its a done deal myself. also dont think the club would just fold if they left, thats just blackmailing the fans

Goalkeepers

Neil Sullivan - Bloke is ancient and can't move, means that any shot on target that's not in the middle of the net is a goal. Even so he's worryingly still our best keeper. Ridiculously, Saunders offered him an extension in November so he's staying. RELUCTANTLY KEEP

Gary Woods - 'Lets in dolly shots but he's good at kicking' were something like O'Driscolls words when he made him first choice at the start of the season. Really bad keeper, but he's not out of contract so he's staying. RELUCTANTLY KEEP

Defenders

James O'Connor - Was our best defender at one point but he's had a shocking last 18 months. Ideally I would keep him for next season, on form he's a great defender but he'll be on good money and we'll probably try to sell him in the summer. LEAVE

George Friend - Was our POTY and could easily become a seasoned Championship defender in the future, he's still only 24. I'd love him to stay but we may try to offload and get him off the wage bill. KEEP IF POSSIBLE

Shelton Martis - Has the physical attributes to be an amazing defender but is let down by having the footballing brain and concentration of a 2 year old. He's still an alright defender but he's injured more often than not. I'd get rid if anyone wants him. LEAVE

James Chambers - Out of contract and will probably leave. He was a good fullback but has been injured for years. God knows why O'Driscoll gave him a new 1 year deal knowing he'd be out for the season. LEAVE

Adam Lockwood - Out of contract. Solid yet unspectacular, a bit of a carthorse but does a job. I'd keep him if he's willing to agree a new deal on much lower terms. KEEP

Tommy Spurr - Roberto Carlos in disguise, a fantastic left back whose only real weakness is a lack of pace. He will probably be playing in the Championship again next season. I'd love to keep him but he'll be on a good wage. RELUCTANTLY LEAVE

Oscar Radford - Out of contract. Never seen him play, he's been on loan at Matlock. Don't think he'll get a new deal. LEAVE

Sam Hird - Out of contract. He's a decent central defender but is massively let down by a lack of height [cue set piece bombardment]. I'm not a fan really and would get rid. LEAVE

Mustapha Dumbuya - Out of contract and has been offered a new deal. He's naive but lightning quick, had Nathan Dyer in his back pocket last season. He'd be good in League One I think, but I reckon he'll want to leave. Has been **** on this season and his opportunities have been limited. LEAVE

Rachid Bouhenna - Out of contract. Never seen him play, showed promise in preseason apparently but never been seen since. I think he'll be gone. LEAVE

Pascal Chimbonda - Out of contract and will leave. He won't fancy playing in L1. Don't think he was too bad but couldn't get fit and was ridiculously casual and lazy. LEAVE

James Husband - Our first promising youth player since like ever. Hopefully he will be in the first team squad next season. KEEP

Habib Beye - Out of contract. I rated this guy and would like to see him stay for next season. Don't think he will though, he'll have better offers. A problem was that he trained with Marseille and then flew over for matches, I don't really want to see this sort of thing again next season. RELUCTANTLY LEAVE

Midfielders

Martin Woods - A talented midfielder but he's been injured for the best part of 18 months. If he can get fit he'll be an asset next season. I don't think anyone will want to buy him because of his fitness, if they did we'd bite their hand off because he's a high earner and we can't really afford to keep him. KEEP

Brian Stock - The heartbeat of our team when he's fit. He'll be great in L1 if he can stay injury free for most of the season. A recurring theme though is that he's a high earner and any offer we get will likely be accepted. Whether anyone will want him is another question. KEEP

John Oster - Out of contract and is getting on a bit now. The 'Fairy'. He can't tackle and thinks he's Iniesta, trying to keep possession in dangerous situations and tries Hollywood passes in others. A bit of a scapegoat at the minute and I think he'll go. LEAVE

Giles Barnes - Out of contract. Nowhere near as good as I expected him to be, although I thought he was alright. Not a central midfielder though where he was played most of the time. Can't see him playing in L1 and some Championship team will no doubt sign him up based on reputation. LEAVE

Simon Gillett - Out of contract but he's likely to be offered a new deal. He's a hardworking central midfielder, probably our only player who knuckled down and got on with the job this season despite all the upheaval. Hope he stays but wouldn't be surprised if a lower Championship team tries to get him. KEEP IF POSSIBLE

Kyle Bennett - A great prospect. He's quick and skillful but needs to toughen up and become more of a team player. I think he'll have a good future. KEEP

James Baxendale - Out of contract. A young player who I don't think will be here next season. LEAVE

James Coppinger - Probably the most gifted footballer I've ever seen but inconsistency lets him down, especially so this season. Would love to keep him next season but he's on big wages and could easily get a Championship club. He's 31 and he deserves a good wage and a few more years in the Championship. He'll probably be going in the summer. RELUCTANTLY LEAVE

Paul Keegan - Out of contract but may get a new deal. He's been injured for most of the season but he could do a job in L1. Unsure on him really, and he may wish to go back to Ireland. KEEP

Forwards

Chris Brown - Been injured a lot but he'll probably do a good job in L1. I don't think anyone will offer for him so he's likely to be here next season. KEEP

El-Hadji Diouf - Out of contract and won't stay to play in L1. He's a great player but is very selfish, don't think he's 'in it' for the good of the team. I liked him but it went sour in the end with him getting into some trouble off the pitch. Turned out to be the prat that we all knew he was. LEAVE

James Hayter - Out of contract. His legs have gone and he offers very little nowadays. I don't think he'll be here next season. LEAVE

Habib Bamogo - Out of contract. Hardly seen him play and never did anything when I did. I doubt he'll be with us next season. LEAVE

Mamadou Bagayoko - Out of contract. Did OK, put himself about a bit but didn't look a great footballer. He was like Mark McCammon with upgrades. LEAVE

keeping 11 players and two of them are goalies :D

trained with marseille and flew over for matches? who the hell agreed to that?!

George Friend - Was our POTY and could easily become a seasoned Championship defender in the future, he's still only 24. I'd love him to stay but we may try to offload and get him off the wage bill. KEEP IF POSSIBLE

when he was on loan with us 2 years ago or so he was so, so bad. to the point where if you have a poll of worst players ever to play for us. he'll be there alongside Richard duffy, Maurice Ross, Gifton Noel Edmonds and Fat Pat Agyemang

Any Forest fans got any potential news on signings for us?

Also, does anyone have any idea where to find the released lists of players for the football league clubs. There seem to be some decent players being released this summer. Especially ones who I'd consider to be decent from Scunthorpe mainly.

Wish we'd get some investor and get rid of Ken. But apparently it's the fans' fault nobody has come in to buy us :thup:

Adlene Guediora, hes only scored 2 goals this season, once for us against dirty leeds, once for wolves in the cup against millwall, both goals were declared goal of the season by the respective clubs, pretty good going tbh :D

heres the millwall goal:

( its the second goal in the link )

keeping 11 players and two of them are goalies :D

trained with marseille and flew over for matches? who the hell agreed to that?!

I'd get rid of both keepers if it was up to me, neither of them are good enough but no one will take them off us.

And letting foreign players do what they want was the way of the whole McKay thing it seems, just to get 'good' players to come and play for us by any means necessary.

when he was on loan with us 2 years ago or so he was so' date=' so bad. to the point where if you have a poll of worst players ever to play for us. he'll be there alongside Richard duffy, Maurice Ross, Gifton Noel Edmonds and Fat Pat Agyemang[/quote']

He was signed as a left back and was hopeless. O'Driscoll moved him to central defence and he is a lot more comfortable there, his lack of agility doesn't get exposed as much as it did at left back.

Been putting off doing my A Level revision for hours and was just about to do it when I remembered I could do this. Get in.

Goalkeepers

Boaz Myhill - Been a reliable keeper for us this season and got a lot of undeserved stick at the start of the season simply because he wasn't Joe Hart or Ben Foster. Wouldn't be against signing him if his contract was up at WBA but definitely not for any sort of fee so LEAVE

Colin Doyle - Where to begin with this fella.. Been here for over a decade now I think, always had that 'definitely has potential' tag but has never really commanded the number one spot. Nice having him around for penalties as he's a beast but other than that he lacks the ability to communicate, suffers from a rush of blood to the bread and is generally unreliable. Personally think he'll be off in the summer with Ipswich sniffing around him I think, and I don't really blame him. Fresh start needed for both the club and him. LEAVE

Jack Butland - Current England U21 goalkeeper, had a productive loan spell at Cheltenham this season whose fans seem to rate him (along with pretty much anyone that comes across him it seems) and he's only 18 I think. As of right now, should definitely be looking to make him number one next year. KEEP

Ben Foster - Great goalkeeper, unfortunately now way too good for us. Will more than likely be off to WBA this summer for hopefully a nice, tidy fee of £5m +. LEAVE

Defenders

Stevie Carr - To be fair to Alex McLeish, this was one of his more inspirational *signings*. Brought him out of retirement back in late 2008 I think and he's been fb for us. Captained the side to silverware, led us to our highest finish in the top flight since the 50s and called the North Stand at Villa park w*nk*rs iirc ;) A bit too old now though but I can't see where else he'd go unless he retired. Not sure. KEEP

Peter Ramage - Been a steady loan signing to fill in for the ever-injured Carr and Spector and will make a decent right back/centre back for any championship side. Can't see us wanting him though, even if he is a free this summer. LEAVE

Curtis Davies - Top defender for this level, could easily fit in to a bottom half Prem team. Made team of the year and has been a rock all season. Can't see him staying unfortunately. All the best. LEAVE

Pablo Ibanez - Don't get this guy at all. 156 games for Atletico Madrid, 20 odd caps for Spain, only about 30 years of age and yet, to be frank, he's so awful :D Good back-up to have in the championship though and unless he wants to go back to Spain I can't see him leaving us. KEEP

Stevie Caldwell - Solid defender if a bit unspectacular and very slow, managed to crock himself 2 games before the play-offs along with a heap of others and left us in the poo. Will probably be our captain next season. KEEP

David Murphy - Personally believe there hasn't been a better left back in the division than him this year, but unfortunately he had to put up with Liam bloody Ridgewell starting ahead of him for the first half of the season and hasn't had the praise he deserves. Contract up in the summer but I believe we have a clause where we can keep him for another year if we want. Will be mental if we don't take that up. KEEP KEEP KEEP

There are various other youngsters that have a squad number but I've never seen them play so won't bother profiling them.

Midfielders

Chris Burke - Started every league game apart from the last one to keep him fresh for the play-offs, been far and away the best midfielder and second only to Lambert for best player in the division IMO and deserves, if only judged on this season alone, to be playing in the Prem. Quality player and you could see how hurt he was at the end of last night, really felt for him. Can't see us keeping him and wouldn't hold it against him if he wanted to go. Love him. Sods law that he came down with an illness on Tuesday ffs. Only us. LEAVING

Nathan Redmond - Well, this one has a bit of potential to say the least. Changed the game last night and has done a few times this season coming off the bench. Looks to have beefed up a bit as well, Reading players couldn't get near him the other week. Could go either way really, a top club could come in and put him in their reserves or loan him back to us or he could well stay for another year as he's not quite ready yet. Depends on how bad our finances are and how desperate we need the money really. For now though, KEEP

Wade Elliot - Love, love, love Wadey. Has a real footballing brain and can play anywhere across midfield or in a more advanced role behind the striker. Been great for us whenever he's played and deserves to be a starter for us next year, and I think he will be. KEEP

Andros Townsend - Hit and miss with this fella. Can be completely unplayable at times and spearhead our attack but on other days he won't do much and almost looks a bit low confidence or he can't be bothered or something. Won't be here next season anyway, loan will be terminated me thinks. LEAVE

Keith Fahey - Solid top six championship player, been great for us this year just as he was great for us the last time we were in the championship. Unfairly got a lot of stick playing under McLeish when he was shunted out on the left wing but has shown what he can do when played correctly this year. Can't really see anyone coming in for him and we have no reason to sell him (obviously unless our finances are so dire) so KEEP

Jordon Mutch - Erm, not sure what to say about Jordy. Obviously has great potential and at the start of the season had Stoke sniffing around him (and I'm sure clubs will be looking at him again this summer) but he's been dreadful recently. No composure on the ball, hasn't made as many great passes as he was doing previously and just seems to have halted in his progress for some reason. That said, I think he'll stay and will hopefully be a key player for us next year. KEEP

Guirane N'Daw - Definition of a CULT player right here. First thing he did in a Blues shirt was thwack the ball against the under side of the crossbar at home to Brugges from about 30 yards and has since been a fans favourite, regardless of the fact he hasn't scored and is actually abysmal at shooting from range. Quite clumsy and a bit of a weak link for us recently, will be returning to St. Etienne me thinks. LEAVE

Jonathan Spector - 'DON'T PLAY HIM IN YOUR DEFENCE WHATEVER YOU DO, HE'S BLOODY AWFUL!!!' /westhamfans. Subsequently slotted into the right back position when Stevie Carr crocked himself and was a revelation really. Was the best player for us against Blackpool last night before he injured himself again after just having come back from about 3 months out or something stupid. Fully expect him to be here next season and possibly one of our key players? KEEP

Morgaro Gomis - Originally didn't see the point in this guy when we got him on a free from Dundee but was great towards the end of the season to be fair to him, unfairly left out of both play-off squads. Supposed to be a holding midfielder but he's barely five foot and has no strength at all ffs. Will be here next season, no doubt. KEEP

Enric Valles - WHOOOOOOO? I hear you scream.. Well, exactly. Signed from Ajax I think? Supposed to be one for the future according to McLeish but has never been even close to making the first team squad. Supposed to be a left winger I believe. Obviously isn't good enough so will hopefully be waving g'bye to him in a couple months time. LEAVE

Forwards

Marlon King - Forgot to count how many times he was offside last night but suffice it to say he was born offside. Just go to a pedestrian crossing and practice looking left and right ffs, it really can't be that hard. That said, scored 18 goals for us this year somehow and can bring players into play when he's on his game so deserves another crack at it next year, again unless another championship club with money and no brains come in and take him. KEEP

Nikola Zigic - I was there when you annihilated Leeds at Elland Road big man, completely unplayable that night :cool: First time someone scored four goals in a game for us since Kenny Burns in '76. Such an enigma and gets an unbelievably rough time with referees but surely he's on his way now? His wages will be huge and he doesn't do anywhere near enough to have us even consider keep him. Always a laugh when he's set running through on goal though. If only we could play Leeds every week eh? THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES BIG MAN - BYE

Adam Rooney - Decent work rate and knows how to put the ball in the back of the net - think a slower, fatter and ginger version of Marlon King. Will be here next year by default now we've not gone up and that's fine, provided we can somehow get another striker in on a free to keep him benched. KEEP

Erik Huseklepp - Looked quite decent when he first came in on loan with Townsend (although strangely coinciding with us losing our 15 game unbeaten run and failing to beat Forest, Coventry, Derby and Pompey.. hmm) but hasn't really touched the first team really. Obviously has something about him and fully expect to see him with another mid-table ish Champo team next year. LEAVE

Caleb Folan - Erm, yeah. Not made a single squad since coming in on a free in March (I think) and have never rated him whenever I've seen him. Was only here to make up the numbers in case King, Zigic, Rooney, Huseklepp and basically anyone else who could maybe play up top got injured, fortunately that didn't happen. Hopefully leave but if we're gonna be selling everyone then he'll probably be offered a contract out of desperation. I really bloody hope not though. LEAVE

Managers

Chris Hughton- He's going isn't he? :(

I miss Wade Elliott. Really can't believe that we sold him in favour of signing Keith Treacy.

I miss Wade Elliott. Really can't believe that we sold him in favour of signing Keith Treacy.

Yeah it's baffling that we, with supposedly no wage budget at all, took him off you when he's obviously more than good enough to be playing for you. Even if only as a squad player :confused:

Last night I was absolutely gutted and probably felt as low as I've ever felt in football but I'm already strangely optimistic and looking forwards to next season now, much prefer the randomness and excitement of the championship than the predictable premier league.

Leeds set to snap up Portsmouth defender Ward for promotion challenge

Leeds United look to have won the race to sign Portsmouth defender Joel Ward ahead of interest from Ipswich.

Leeds defender Aidy White is attracting interest from Championship clubs such as Cardiff.

The 20-year-old left-back, who can also play left wing, is eager to stay at Elland Road but has yet to agree terms on a proposed new contract.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2142032/Leeds-sign-Joel-Ward.html#ixzz1uUB58LqI

Please tell me Leeds are stupid enough to get this guy. You may have mugged us for Pearce, but you are being mugged if you pay anything for this bloke. :cool:

They haven't "mugged you" for Pearce, he was potentially weeks away from being a free transfer. Possibly the reason you are struggling to sell anyone else and statements like this from Trevor Birch sum it up...

‘We are waiting to see if they are going to attract interest. At this stage we are not looking at mutually agreeing to cancel contracts as we want to wait and see who comes in for them."

Yes, you can say Leeds jumped to the head of the queue and got in early, but that £500k could have been used to make up any costs transfer battles may bring through additional wages, agent fees etc.

G-Man11 before the news...

coventry-city-fans-550552705.jpg

The news...

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/05/10/coventry-city-chinese-investors-consider-backing-gary-hoffman-92746-30938147/

G-Man11 after the news...

cov.jpg

They may have found their "Liebherr"! Yay! :)

That guy is an utter ****** :D

It's the Coventry Telegraph so it'll be all bollocks.

There's 3 of them who do this stupid wavy scarf thing. Sit in the other side of the stadium and I can still pick them out :D

Well yeah they've just taken it from the Telegraph who seemed to have interview some random bloke but it means nothing. My policy is normally not to jump the gun and to wait and see what happens.

Yeah it's baffling that we, with supposedly no wage budget at all, took him off you when he's obviously more than good enough to be playing for you. Even if only as a squad player :confused:

He would have walked into our starting eleven every week this past season without a shadow of a doubt. Perhaps it was just a misguided move to get the average age of the squad down, as Eddie has seemed keen to do.

They haven't "mugged you" for Pearce, he was potentially weeks away from being a free transfer. Possibly the reason you are struggling to sell anyone else and statements like this from Trevor Birch sum it up...

‘We are waiting to see if they are going to attract interest. At this stage we are not looking at mutually agreeing to cancel contracts as we want to wait and see who comes in for them."

Yes, you can say Leeds jumped to the head of the queue and got in early, but that £500k could have been used to make up any costs transfer battles may bring through additional wages, agent fees etc.

He should stick to sorting out the floating charge, and the other secured assets that are destroying us, not selling our best asset for pence. When Chanrai jumps out from the other side of the curtain and becomes an owner I suppose you'll be shocked? We aren't going out of business ffs.

Granted I will accept anything for Ward, if they pay anything over £50 then it's a mugging. He's dreadful. :)

That guy is an utter ****** :D

Looking at that image, I could just imagine he's got a carrier bag in his other hand, with some knock-off dvds in, that he's trying to flog.