The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping it's a complete nonsense, but we'll find out later tonight after the fans groups have been spoken to I expect.

Burnley to sign George porter of orient' date=' now not interested in McQuoid. laughed off our valuation and apparently the loan deal was to see if they thought he was worth our value. obviously not.[/quote']

That's an interesting one. Do you know how much you valued him at?

I definitely want to keep Schmeichel, Nugent, Danns and Marshall as well as some of the youngsters with potential like Schlupp, Hopper, Panayiotou, Taft etc.

Not really bothered about the rest either way, far to inconsistant.

Will it actually happen though? I realise the plans might be in place, but surely the overall reaction to this is going to be so overwhelmingly negative that even the most blinkered of owners would realise it was a mistake?

Will it actually happen though? I realise the plans might be in place, but surely the overall reaction to this is going to be so overwhelmingly negative that even the most blinkered of owners would realise it was a mistake?

not sure they gaf if they are raking in sales from malaysia. plus they'll still get 14/15 odd thousand for the first season i'd guess. if we are winning the league by 15 points then some fans will support it. in 5 years time the group of 10k cardiff fans who left would soon be replaced by locals who previously supported united etc but now are happy to watch a PL team playing in red. Hope to god it doesn't go through.

There are rumours that Vincent Tan has already sacked his son who was working behind the scenes with Tee Gee for him vocally opposing the plans.

The club are meeting with fans groups tonight, so we'll find out more then, but Steve Tucker from the Western Mail seems to be suggesting that there are a lot of truths to this.

I'm actually quite annoyed by this, I kind of feel betrayed by people I thought were doing the right thing by the club.

I stopped going as a teenager for a number of reasons which included that I was not prepared to put money into the club while Sam Hammam was involved. I didn't want that crook getting any of my money, particularly when he was actively encouraging the hooligan element. I started going again occasionally once he was ousted & finally got a season ticket last season (I know some of you think it was purely because of Bellamy, but that was more the factor that got me to persuade friends to get Season tickets to go with me than me personally).

I believed & still do believe that in Vincent Tan we have an owner who can support Cardiff & do it in the right way, but to change the identity of the club like this is plain wrong. I am hoping that whoever goes tonight can be calm & collected in discussing it & make him see sense that this is not the right way to go about things. We cannot throw our toys out of the pram, we cannot afford for him to walk away. The club is moving towards a stable financial footing & that is largely down to the way the Malaysians have handled the club since taking control.

If he were to walk away, the club would face the possibility of administration & dare I say it, liquidation. That cannot be allowed to happen, but at the same time, we cannot allow him to change something so fundamental to the club's identity. We need to make him see that playing in Blue is something that needs to stay a part of the club. That it must remain our Home kit & we need to move forward together in unity on this.

I'm actually quite annoyed by this, I kind of feel betrayed by people I thought were doing the right thing by the club.

I stopped going as a teenager for a number of reasons which included that I was not prepared to put money into the club while Sam Hammam was involved. I didn't want that crook getting any of my money, particularly when he was actively encouraging the hooligan element. I started going again occasionally once he was ousted & finally got a season ticket last season (I know some of you think it was purely because of Bellamy, but that was more the factor that got me to persuade friends to get Season tickets to go with me than me personally).

I believed & still do believe that in Vincent Tan we have an owner who can support Cardiff & do it in the right way, but to change the identity of the club like this is plain wrong. I am hoping that whoever goes tonight can be calm & collected in discussing it & make him see sense that this is not the right way to go about things. We cannot throw our toys out of the pram, we cannot afford for him to walk away. The club is moving towards a stable financial footing & that is largely down to the way the Malaysians have handled the club since taking control.

If he were to walk away, the club would face the possibility of administration & dare I say it, liquidation. That cannot be allowed to happen, but at the same time, we cannot allow him to change something so fundamental to the club's identity. We need to make him see that playing in Blue is something that needs to stay a part of the club. That it must remain our Home kit & we need to move forward together in unity on this.

I think tonight is invite only so i'd imagine there won't be too many idiots there. I am happy to into administration, drop down to league 1 or 2 rather than this. We can have a red away kit I couldn't care less. As you said on twitter, I would even put up with red seats though it would look odd. This is just unbelievable.

I feel for the Cardiff fans.

Football clubs are just toys for most of these foreign owners.

The thing is, the last few years. We've been praising them as being perfect owners. They've worked tirelessly behind the scenes. They've avoided interfering too much. They've been very hands off on the football side while working to ensure we settled our debts with our various creditors. Everything that they had done up until this point had been very positive & it was good to see them wanting to run the club properly, to get it to a stage where we were relatively self sufficient. We aren't there yet, but if we had continued with the way they had been conducting themselves so far, we'd have got to that point in the next few seasons.

This is why I'm so shocked. It's out of character with what we have experienced so far. It's been like a smack in the mouth. I'm just hopeful that the fans groups can persuade Vincent Tan to see how the fans feel & persuade him to change his mind on things.

I think tonight is invite only so i'd imagine there won't be too many idiots there. I am happy to into administration, drop down to league 1 or 2 rather than this. We can have a red away kit I couldn't care less. As you said on twitter, I would even put up with red seats though it would look odd. This is just unbelievable.

Won't be too many idiots? You know that Annis Abraham & "Fans Leader" Carl are both attending, right?

I assume they are as AA intimated as much. If it were just the trust, I'd hope for something to be able to be sorted, as much as they get stick, they work hard. Can't help but feel the likes of Annis & Carl will just throw their toys out of the pram & not go there looking to resolve it.

We need to show conciliation. We need to get what we want while still letting Vincent Tan think he's getting what he wants. If we can move forward & keep the Blue shirts & keep the Bluebird as the most prominent feature of the badge, then it will be a success.

We need to move forward, but Cardiff City need to keep their identity too.

Those talking about a break away in the lower leagues are being a bit ridiculous mind as if that were to happen, the only place it could play would be the Welsh leagues. There is absolutely no way they'd get a brand new club playing in Cardiff to be accepted into the English Pyramid.

Same with administration/liquidation. We run the real risk of us being kicked out of the English Pyramid should we go bust. That's why keep Vincent Tan is so important. We aren't going to get many people to be prepared to back us in the way that they have. We need to keep them on board, but the Identity of the club is key.

gregg, i honestly would not care if they walked away atm. i'd rather fall down the leagues. as far as i'm concerned, if they are willing to do this then they are people i don't want in charge. whether they are pumping 50 million pound in or not.

there's nothing i'd love more than us to ***** 20 million on players who are quality in the summer and go up but if it comes at this cost i'm not too bothered. a breakaway will never happen because we wouldn't be in the english pyramid as you said. might be time for me to stop spending/wasting money on following a team. i might end up getting back into it in 10 years time on a casual basis but the way it's going atm, it wouldn't interest me.

saying that, i did take heart from steve tucker's tweet that the changes aren't too heavy.

They haven't ever won a play-off have they? :D

Anyway I presumed when I first saw it that it was a load of crap but if not that's utterly ridiculous :thdn: Really feel for you guys.

if we have to make a choice i'd take administration over wiping out 100 years for the sake of a few quid
gregg, i honestly would not care if they walked away atm. i'd rather fall down the leagues. as far as i'm concerned, if they are willing to do this then they are people i don't want in charge. whether they are pumping 50 million pound in or not.

there's nothing i'd love more than us to ***** 20 million on players who are quality in the summer and go up but if it comes at this cost i'm not too bothered. a breakaway will never happen because we wouldn't be in the english pyramid as you said. might be time for me to stop spending/wasting money on following a team. i might end up getting back into it in 10 years time on a casual basis but the way it's going atm, it wouldn't interest me.

saying that, i did take heart from steve tucker's tweet that the changes aren't too heavy.

What if administration saw us ejected from the English Pyramid?

*Not saying I'd rather lose our identity than go into administration by the way, just trying to play Devil's advocate a little.

What if administration saw us ejected from the English Pyramid?

*Not saying I'd rather lose our identity than go into administration by the way, just trying to play Devil's advocate a little.

chances are it wont. and if it did then i'd probably prefer that to playing in red with a different badge tbh.

what happens if we accept these changes then in 3 years time when we are a PL side, Vt decides our name would be better as something else. 5 years down the line he thinks it will appeal more to the malaysian faithful if the club is based in London?

chances are it wont. and if it did then i'd probably prefer that to playing in red with a different badge tbh. what happens if we accept these changes then in 3 years time when we are a PL side, Vt decides our name would be better as something else. 5 years down the line he thinks it will appeal more to the malaysian faithful if the club is based in London?
Erm franchise stuff like moving isn't allowed anymore.They can't name change either.

So to get this right, he's spending money on changing the stadium to red, the stadium to red and kicking out a decent source of revenue in the Rugby club (tbf, they probably **** up the pitch so I don't blame them)? Nuts.

All this money spent unless converted to equity will be capital expenditure, so basically you are paying for what he wants. He can loan the club some money for 15% interest and whatever happens he can walk away without a penny lost. Or even better still put a floating charge over the assets then he never goes away. The ownership model is screwed.

I would get together, wear the away kit, bring lots of Blue to the ground, flags, confetti, sing Blue Army all day long, and enjoy the success. He won't be around forever.

Yeah cos you definitely wouldn't be doing the same thing if it were happening to Boro.
Im a football fan fiirst then a boro fan.I've got more common sense than rant and rave about something without knowing what's happening first

It's a proposal, why people are getting all raged at a proposal I don't know. Common sense and fan power would put the proposals to a stop quickly replaced with better ones.Didn't arsenal rebrand their badge a few years ago? Have other sides with a lot more history than Cardiff rebranded as well?I'm not saying its good, it's a proposal that's all

So to get this right' date=' he's spending money on changing the stadium to red, the stadium to red and kicking out a decent source of revenue in the Rugby club (tbf, they probably **** up the pitch so I don't blame them)? Nuts.

[/quote']

Cardiff Blues have moved out of the stadium to return to Cardiff Arms Park.

Had it confirmed that there are no offers on the table for hoyte or McMahon to remain at boro.

that's very interesting, especially considering McMahon's comments in the Gazette this week. do you think they are both 100% set to leave then or do you think we could offer them reduced terms at a later stage?

Archived